3 for $30 games orig. $14.99 - $19.99 at TRU

espeece23

CAGiversary!
Just stopped in my local toys r us and saw this. Didn't see it posted, got minecraft for xbox, tekken tag tourney 2 and lego batman 2 for ps3 for $31.80 with tax. Would post my receipt, but only second post.

Picked up Minecraft, Mortal Kombat and GTA Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and the Damned.

Wife said to me, "You spent $60?", I said,"Nope, only $30" as to which she replied, "Oh, nice, you should get some more!"

If only the place in NJ had more than one tru where we are staying, it would be nice.

Anyone else get BB to match this deal? I think I am going to go in a try. Great way to extend my new backlog. Only have like 8 games lol. Trade them in all the time for the loss :/

I find it odd that people are openly talking about how to get games that should not qualify for this deal by price matching when the person most likely responsible for the deal is on cag trying to get us deals.

I mean, seriously people.
I was at Best Buy talking to a manager and he said anything amazon has for 19.99 they would price match and then do the promo on.

I think they want to move games out of the stores before the new systems come out this fall and many of these have been on lower sales in the past so they are happy to move them for $10.

I only get a blank page too for the TRU ad.

My store still had the sign indicating the sale goes on until 9/7/13. Hopefully they won't yank it.

Ill have to hit the store first thing in the morning. hopefully still active. I want to get a couple more games at $10 each

The only Portal 2 I found was for 360. :(  I picked it up anyway, hoping to swap it for a PS3 one if someone contacts me...

This has been a great sale for me, though... didn't get every game I wanted, but have been there 3 times now.

I went for the second time today to take advantage of this deal.  The first time I got Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 3, and Lollipop Chainsaw.  When I went today, I ended up getting Dead Island, Max Payne 3, and a copy of Portal 2.  I completely forgot to get Minecraft.....I was so busy trying to find someone that worked there that I forgot about it lol.  

But as was said earlier, there is no longer any mention of this deal on their website.  I hope it still applies in-store though, I want to go again. :/

I went for the second time today to take advantage of this deal. The first time I got Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 3, and Lollipop Chainsaw. When I went today, I ended up getting Dead Island, Max Payne 3, and a copy of Portal 2. I completely forgot to get Minecraft.....I was so busy trying to find someone that worked there that I forgot about it lol.

But as was said earlier, there is no longer any mention of this deal on their website. I hope it still applies in-store though, I want to go again. :/
You're lucky. My local store doesn't even carry new games anymore. Everything is over 3 years old or shovelware.

Last edited by a moderator:
The website has changed to 3 for $40, hope in store is still 3/$30 and today's the last day? Don't want to go out there before I have confirmation. 

Yesterday went to a store near me and they are a test market store. Somehow the deal with 40% off  Xbox, PS3, and 3DS from a week earlier stacked with the buy 3/$30. To make a long story short I walked out with 6 games for $51 after tax.

Picked up Disgaea 3 and Midway Arcade origins (PS3) and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (360)

No store in Austin had Kingdom of Amalur for the 360.

I just got back from tru. Still 3 for $30 in store.
I just picked up portal 2 x3, super Mario Galaxy, kinectimals with the bear, and halo wars

Really?! Were there any signs up or anything? Also, what'd you pick up? Hoping to pick up Portal 2 for 360 if there were copies left
There were little red stickers on the cabinets saying 3 for $30, I asked the dude if I could do it twice and he said he didn't see why not.

So I picked up:

CoD: World at War

Dead Space 2

Singularity

Tekken Tag 2

Star Wars: Force Unleashed II

Mortal Kombat Komplete

There were quite a few copies of Portal 2 for X360. This was Saturday or Sunday that I went, can't remember.

There were little red stickers on the cabinets saying 3 for $30, I asked the dude if I could do it twice and he said he didn't see why not.

So I picked up:

CoD: World at War

Dead Space 2

Singularity

Tekken Tag 2

Star Wars: Force Unleashed II

Mortal Kombat Komplete

There were quite a few copies of Portal 2 for X360. This was Saturday or Sunday that I went, can't remember.
Great--thanks, man!

I checked TRU a few minutes ago, the sale is still going on; tags are still up with the same dates, and the scanners are still scanning the same deal. Nothing to get at mines through.

For those PM'ing at Best Buy, how'd you do so? Show them your receipt?
They checked the site and saw the 3 for $30 offer on one of the games I brought up. The rep said they don't match bundles (which I knew) but said she would check. She came back and again stated they don't match bundle promos but they will this one time. It's always YMMV.

They checked the site and saw the 3 for $30 offer on one of the games I brought up. The rep said they don't match bundles (which I knew) but said she would check. She came back and again stated they don't match bundle promos but they will this one time. It's always YMMV.
Ahh, I see--thank you! :)

I got lucky yesterday. I kicking myself not keep the Printed ad for next trip. I got Bestbuy Price match & go smoothly ;)

1. Sly Cooper with PS Vita Code

2. Little Big Planet Karting

3. Allstars  Battle Royals with PS Vita Code

4. Spec Ops 2 with Bonus Code

5. Lego Batman 2

6. Spec Ops 2 with Bonus Code (360)

7. SSX

8. MineCraft (360)

9. Tekken Tag 2

All Under $109 after taxes.  NOT Bad At all ;)

As of this morning, the sale (3/$30 or 3/$40) wasn't ringing up so my manager put in a remedy. The response we got back from corporate was that the sale ended yesterday.

Yeah, I just got back from TRU. After failing to get a $1 Tomb Raider at Target I went in TRU but didn't see the deal advertised anywhere, so I asked a girl if it was still going on. She said she thought so but wasn't for sure so she called the manager. He said they moved all the games in a bin. I looked in the bin and their was 5 $15 DS games in it. I told him I was talking about the 3 for $30 deal and that all games $15- $20 were included, he said yeah they are but we moved them all in the bin -_- Then he scanned one of the games and said, Hmm.. looks like the sale is over. After that I just turned around and left shaking my head. 

M store wouldnt give me the sale mixed with the Mario & Luigi sale. I thin it had to do with the order of the games scanned but they wouldnt do it for me. So I returned the 4 games i had, got a 5th and they re rang it. BUT the 3 for 30 didnt ring up but they price adjusted since signs were still up and i bought games the day before for it so they honored it.

I was trying to get Mario & Luigi and then 3 $19.99 games. I was hoping they'd scan the $19.99 games, put in the promo, THEN scan mario and luigi which would make one of the games $1 and the other 2 would be $10 each but it didnt and they said you cant combine them. So The receipt gave me the 3 for $30 but no $0.99 cent game. so i went back and did all the return business and got Red Faction Armageddon for $1 (there was NOTHING left at my store. I had to scrounge just to find 3 decent $20 games.

I was barely able to get in on this deal by the skin of my teeth. Went in yesterday and mostly everything i wanted was gone so i settled on Kingdom of Amalur, Fallout New Vegas ULT, and Silent Hill Downpour all for PS3. Cashier took the games to the register and they rung up over $60 total and i said, wasn't there a sale for buy 3 for $30 going on and she said that ended yesterday she thought but would check with the manager. Manager confirmed that the sale did indeed end the previous day but, would make an exception for me and let me have the deal anyways. :p

Anyone know if Best Buy will price match this deal?  I've got trade there.

Edit:  Damn, I guess the sale ended yesterday.  DAMN.  There were some good games on that list.  Would have picked up a bunch of Vita games even though I don't even have a Vita.  Just for when, you know, I can find a Vita for under 150.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back