3 for $30 games orig. $14.99 - $19.99 at TRU

espeece23

CAGiversary!
Just stopped in my local toys r us and saw this. Didn't see it posted, got minecraft for xbox, tekken tag tourney 2 and lego batman 2 for ps3 for $31.80 with tax. Would post my receipt, but only second post.

So i decided to take a 25 min drive to the next closest TRU and it finally paid off! I got:

- Portal 2 (360)

- Lego LOTR (360)

- Mass Effect 3 (360)

- SFxTekken (PS3)

- Dark Souls (PS3)

- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U)

AND it was tax free weekend in mass so it all cost $60 exactly. I was looking for some professor layton games that were on sale but no luck at either. But i was pissed cuz the one nearest me had TTT2 but no portal 2 or mass effect, and sure enough this place did. Mine also had no LOTR, SfxTekken for ps3 (i want the exclusive characters). But all in all, adding this with my lollipop chainsaw, max payne 3, and KH recoded that i got the other day, it was a great deal. $90 exactly for 9 games.

Mine did but they did say they usually don't.

I stopped by a TRU but couldn't find 3 games I wanted since BB pm'ed 3 for me already. I did find 3D Dot Hero for $9.98 and bought it.

Wait, so Best Buy will price match this TRU offer? And since Best Buy price match's Amazon and my TRU doesn't, that means I still have a chance for 3 for 30 wii u games. Cool.

How do I get Portal 2 for $20? I would prefer not shipping, but the site says it's not sold in stores (PS3)
I wonder if it's OOP or something. Walmart didn't have it, GameStop apparently gutted their new copies and converted them to used. I didn't check Best Buy, but I don't recall seeing the PS3 version there recently.

So i decided to take a 25 min drive to the next closest TRU and it finally paid off! I got:

- Portal 2 (360)

- Lego LOTR (360)

- Mass Effect 3 (360)

- SFxTekken (PS3)

- Dark Souls (PS3)

- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U)

AND it was tax free weekend in mass so it all cost $60 exactly. I was looking for some professor layton games that were on sale but no luck at either. But i was pissed cuz the one nearest me had TTT2 but no portal 2 or mass effect, and sure enough this place did. Mine also had no LOTR, SfxTekken for ps3 (i want the exclusive characters). But all in all, adding this with my lollipop chainsaw, max payne 3, and KH recoded that i got the other day, it was a great deal. $90 exactly for 9 games.
Did you go to the one in North Attleboro?

When is this deal good till and does it jus ring up automatically?
So, when does this deal end? I'm about to go to TRU and pick a few games out.
Posted in the thread already the signs in store say 9/7, and for the most part it works automatically in store (not on price matched items, and may not work with clearance games xx.98).

Wait, so Best Buy will price match this TRU offer? And since Best Buy price match's Amazon and my TRU doesn't, that means I still have a chance for 3 for 30 wii u games. Cool.
Probably not, but YMMV. That would be double dipping, and won't happen without an manager override.

So i managed to get only a few games. I got Max payne 3 and lollipop chainsaw for Xbox 360 and Kingdom Hearts Recoded. I hesitated for a minute but went back in and someone grabbed the last prof layton last spectre. I just could NOT find anything left.

I was set to get wii u edition of TTT2 but could NOT find 2 more games. There was NOTHING left. I got the last max payne 3 and lollipop chainsaw too. I was gonna get SFxTekken but no PS3 version (i want it for megaman and pacman), was gonna get portal 2 for PS3 OR Xbox 360 but both were out (probably due to GS flippers). But everything else i either didnt want, already own, or was $30 or more so not part of the sale.

Oh and its Tax Free Weekend in Mass and the store i go to is in MA. So that's also a good reason why the place was almost bone dry. But whatever i wanted lollipop chainsaw and KH recoded, and max payne 3 was my backup if portal 2 wasnt there so it worked out.
Dude, I was totally the kid you talked to yesterday haha. I was the one saying how someone got the last Fifa Street before I could.

Did you go to the one in North Attleboro?
Looks like we got some friendly competition in this state. Glad you both don't live near me though. No one even touched my local TRU.

What a great deal. Though I still loved the buy 2, get 50% off total "deal" that they had a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think BB will PM this deal? Seems more like its only going to be a TRU thing. I'm just hoping my store replenish soon I plan on trying again in a few days since this deal is worth it big time

Went to my TRU today and got my games. Had to price match Most Wanted U and one guy tried to tell me they don't price match Amazon but I told them it's their policy and he looked it up and low and behold, they do. I hate doing stuff like that, I feel like a complete douchebag but it's not my fault they don't know their policies so I guess there is no reason for me to care about it. 

I got Adventure Time on 3DS, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, and Tank Tank Tank on Wii U. Thanks for the post OP.

Posted in the thread already the signs in store say 9/7, and for the most part it works automatically in store (not on price matched items, and may not work with clearance games xx.98).
It doesn't with $14.98 games. I tried to pick up Sin & Punishment: Star Successor for Wii ($14.98) but price for all games I brought up alongside rang up for full price.

Went in looking for the 3 for 30 deal but didn't expect much considering I have everything that would fall under that price range already. Instead, I stumbled onto a sign for Mario and Luigi Dream Team in the 3DS section:buy the game and get any strategy guide or accessory regularly priced under 20 bucks for free. So I ended up getting Dream team and Dream Team strategy guide for 40 bucks. Thought you guys should know since i did not see it advertised anywhere and I don't remember it being reported here either

Sorry, it was not for free but for $.99 and I just saw the thread for it a page before

Spent more than I should've with this sale...9 games. Oh well, got a couple Lego games for my kids and a few nice finds like Amalur and New Vegas Ultimate.

It doesn't with $14.98 games. I tried to pick up Sin & Punishment: Star Successor for Wii ($14.98) but price for all games I brought up alongside rang up for full price.
No offense but $14.98 is not $14.99-19.99 as the sign indicates. But the promo does work on clearance items as I bought a $19.98 item and the transaction went through fine.

I ended up getting Minecraft and Resident Evil 6 (time to find out how bad it really is!) for 360, and Scribblenauts Unlimited for 3DS.

Not too bad for only 30 bucks.

Went to my local TRU for a second time. Now I have:

AC: Revelations

Kingdoms of Amalur

Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Halo Wars PH

Lollipop Chainsaw

very tempted to go for a third time...

They actually had a few I wanted... Ended up getting:

- Mortal Kombat K

- Batman Lego 2 (mostly because my Wife hates me playing stuff like Crackdown or Saints Row in front of my kids...even if I'm careful and just doing races or collecting orbs)

- Red Dead (have Undead but never really played it much...unfortunately I have the DLC that requires the main game.  At least now I can clean up a few achievements in RDR as well as finally play UN).

Very tempted to go back again but I very much should not, lol.

Well I asked toysrus if they had something I could take to pm the promotion at best buy. They were nice and gave me a copy of the sign and wrote if any questions to call them on back. Best buy pmed the promotion and got new Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo 5 XL and Sly4 for $30 total. pretty cool

Spent more than I should've with this sale...9 games. Oh well, got a couple Lego games for my kids and a few nice finds like Amalur and New Vegas Ultimate.
So this will this promotion work on 9 games in a single transaction or do I have to do 3 separate transactions?

Well I asked toysrus if they had something I could take to pm the promotion at best buy. They were nice and gave me a copy of the sign and wrote if any questions to call them on back. Best buy pmed the promotion and got new Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo 5 XL and Sly4 for $30 total. pretty cool
That is really nice of them. I remember trying to ask for an ad flyer for them in order to price match at Best Buy, but was shot down.

Now that I think about it, my local TRU has been kind of bad to me in terms of service. A female employee, I think she's the manager there. She would always give me the evilest look like I "dated" her sister and left her at our wedding with one of the bridesmaids. She rang me up once and it was like I was twisting her arm, maybe because I don't look like her. Probably more than likely for being an adult by myself, shopping at a store geared towards families and children.
for appropriateness mods delete this part if necessary.

I'll give my local TRU a second chance tomorrow.

Dude, I was totally the kid you talked to yesterday haha. I was the one saying how someone got the last Fifa Street before I could.
I live like 15 in from the north attleboro one (I live in RI), there was crap left when i went that day. I went to Bellingham today and got those games. Were you the kid near the 360 games and I talked to you about how this place was picked clean or whatever? i forget what i said. haha if so that's cool.

The Bellingham one had a LOT of games left, probably twice as much as attleboro, and have all of the games i wanted so this all worked out great. They had like one left of 3 of them so I big time lucked out. I always go to attleboro though when TRU has good sales such as this as its the nearest one, then bellingham which is about 35 min from me. It was SO hard to find a Portal 2 since everyone here was flipping them all to Gamestop. haha but I got it and soon I shall play it and enjoy it!

Managed to get portal 2 with green case not that fugly grey case along with halo wars and minecraft.
lucky bastard, mine had one copy left and its the fugly platinum hits one. whatever. it comes with some extra co-op mission or something. I collect games and with the exception of disc based games with no book and/or box, platinum/greatest hits are the dirt in my otherwise amazing collection. But its been like $30 for so long that i said screw it. same with Lego LOTR. I mean its not like its some game thats going to be super rare and worth money since millions and millions of copies were made, i just hate how they look.

Went to my local TRU today and they still had some decent games in stock. I nabbed:

Red Dead Redemption

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Gears of War 3 (2x)

Crysis 2

Mass Effect 3

Not bad for $60

Wow, was surprised how much the toys r us had on meadows in Las Vegas, the girl asked me if there was anything else I was looking for cuz she had a crate to unload in the back still. Almost everything on the list for the 360 was still there.

I got tomb raider the cashier just price matched it to 20 and since it didn't work he voided it and scanned a game twice. Said "guess our inventory will be off a game "

Is Amalur a good find? Is it a good game?
I don't know if I would call it fun, but I'm pretty addicted to it. I'm about 75 hours in -- for perspective, I don't know if I've put more than 40 hours into any non-puzzle game since I was 16. The story is beyond forgettable and the combat devolves into repetitive X-button spamming, but the questing and loot collection are addicting. I've never played an MMO but my understanding is it plays just like one, except of course that it's single-player. For me it's a perfect turn-off-your-brain-and-chase-the-yellow-quest-circle game. Take that for what it's worth.

Heads up, everyone - went back to the TRU website and there is an offer for 15% off an order on there now. Coupon can also be printed and used in store. On the website, the code is EXTRA15 at checkout.

Oh, wait - it says it doesn't stack with other promos online, but it might in store.

Heads up, everyone - went back to the TRU website and there is an offer for 15% off an order on there now. Coupon can also be printed and used in store. On the website, the code is EXTRA15 at checkout.

Oh, wait - it says it doesn't stack with other promos online, but it might in store.
Excludes video game hardware, video games

Tried to get TRU to PM Best Buy's price of $19.99 on Sly 4 and couple that with 2 other games to get the 3 for $30 sale but no go. Was it just bad luck with my cashier and is it worth trying again?

I find it odd that people are openly talking about how to get games that should not qualify for this deal by price matching when the person most likely responsible for the deal is on cag trying to get us deals.

I mean, seriously people.

bread's done
Back