3-PACK Bundle Uncharted + Tomb Raider: Underworld + Mercenaries 2 (PS3) $29.99 - MSRP

ESA = Entertainment Software Association

They released a :360: Car/Open Season/Fuzion Frenzy 2 holiday bundle for $30 a few years ago.

This new bundle has a much better mix for grown-ups.

[quote name='bsutton1']I just called my local GameStop about the 3-pack. They don't know anything about it.[/QUOTE]
It's called the ESA Game Pack.

I just finished paying off my three pack this afternoon with some trades. I dumped a few games that cost me next to nothing and my scratched copy of Uncharted in order to get this.

Hopefully the version of Uncharted in the pack isn't with some variant cover though.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's called the ESA Game Pack.

I just finished paying off my three pack this afternoon with some trades. I dumped a few games that cost me next to nothing and my scratched copy of Uncharted in order to get this.

Hopefully the version of Uncharted in the pack isn't with some variant cover though.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Wtf? Weren't you bitching about how Uncharted was nothing special?

If this comes up on Amazon then I'm using my 20 point credit from blackops. Blackops + Uncharted + TR + Mercenaries 2 for 70 bucks. Not bad

[quote name='shoe478']Wtf? Weren't you bitching about how Uncharted was nothing special?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. But just like I changed my mind on HD when I got my 21.5" LCD monitor I use for my PS3 I'm allowed to change my mind on games too. I want to go back through Uncharted again anyway, so for essentially $10 I can do so and if I don't want to keep it I can get most of what I paid for it back anyway.:razz:

Mind you, I should order this from Gamestop.com and just return my in-store pre-order next Tuesday so I can use my $10 off coupon from a purchase a while ago.:D

Has this shown up in any actual Gamestop stores, or anywhere else for that matter?

EDIT:

[quote name='DaBargainHunta'][quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This B&M or online only? Just wondering since I might grab it if it's B&M tonight.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from Gamestop. It's B&M too, but they don't have it in yet. They said it should arrive tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I already own Uncharted but would like to give the other games a spin since they are really cheap.

What's this about an ECA discount? I put them out of my mind ever since that account payment debacle. Are we allowed to use some sort of discount on Gamestop/EBGames?

[quote name='cooljammer00']I already own Uncharted but would like to give the other games a spin since they are really cheap.

What's this about an ECA discount? I put them out of my mind ever since that account payment debacle. Are we allowed to use some sort of discount on Gamestop/EBGames?[/QUOTE]

Someone confused ESA for ECA. There is no discount.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This B&M or online only? Just wondering since I might grab it if it's B&M tonight.[/QUOTE]
I just got back from Gamestop. It's B&M too, but they don't have it in yet. They said it should arrive tomorrow.

Does this give money to the charity? If so that's pretty cool, whoever's doing it (Sony? Gamestop?) They're three games that don't hold a lot of value now, but that real gamers are actually going to be potentially interested in playing, if they haven't.

Is this a Game Stop exclusive? I literally almost bought a used Uncharted for $20 yesterday at GS. I had the case in my hand and everything but the line was so disorganized and I didn't know what the hell was going on in that store, that I just left. I'll definitely pick this up if I come across it.

I'm gonna call the store I have this pre-ordered at in a bit to get assured that all three games are individually sealed and the bundle packaging is sealed as well. That way I can at least be certain they're not going to pull one of those 'we had to gut this since you didn't pick it up yesterday' routines.

I just wish someone from this thread would've picked one up today to verify this or not already, but from the looks of it there's been a delay in shipping.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm gonna call the store I have this pre-ordered at in a bit to get assured that all three games are individually sealed and the bundle packaging is sealed as well. That way I can at least be certain they're not going to pull one of those 'we had to gut this since you didn't pick it up yesterday' routines.[/quote]

Let us know, and I'll do the same when I get it. I preordered this too, for some reason. No idea why I bothered.

I just wish someone from this thread would've picked one up today to verify this or not already, but from the looks of it there's been a delay in shipping.

Yeah. My store says tomorrow, but who knows.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Let us know, and I'll do the same when I get it. I preordered this too, for some reason. No idea why I bothered.[/QUOTE]
I don't know why I bothered either, since the only game I really haven't played out of the triple pack is Tomb Raider: Underworld. Maybe I just wanted to see if I could finish Mercs 2 finally.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know why I bothered either, since the only game I really haven't played out of the triple pack is Tomb Raider: Underworld. Maybe I just wanted to see if I could finish Mercs 2 finally.[/QUOTE]
I'm lucky because Uncharted 1 was always on my to-buy list. With that being $30 by itself, the other two games are free bonuses in my eyes. :) I haven't played any of them, but the Mercs 2 demo didn't exactly blow me away. Still, you can't beat the deal on this.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']I'm lucky because Uncharted 1 was always on my to-buy list. With that being $30 by itself, the other two games are free bonuses in my eyes. :) I haven't played any of them, but the Mercs 2 demo didn't exactly blow me away. Still, you can't beat the deal on this.[/QUOTE]
I got frustrated as hell after the one mission(church defense mission) in Mercenaries 2, especially since I FINALLY passed it on my old 40gb PS3. Then I went to grab a slim and trade in my 40gb and to my chagrin the Mercs 2 game save is copy protected.:bomb:

So I was more than a tad perturbed, since I haven't come close to finishing that mission AT ALL since then. The last time I played the game I just used all manner of cheat codes(including one that gives you 40 tactical nukes;)) and I just eradicated whole cities with the codes on.:lol::evil:

Ordered this last night for 6.XX shipped after SAVER and a 25dollar giftcard. Thanks OP, haven't played any of these games and I've been wanting to play Mercs 2 and Uncharted for more than a while.

Now the question is do I pick this up w/ the $20 trade credit for trading in my Gamecube, or the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection?

Any word on this hitting the Gamestop B&Ms yet? I haven't gotten a call from my store (I preordered, don't ask me why) and it's still listed as a preorder on the website.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Any word on this hitting the Gamestop B&Ms yet? I haven't gotten a call from my store (I preordered, don't ask me why) and it's still listed as a preorder on the website.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to call them. I am still at work so I can't call but when I get home I might give them a ring. I don't know how rare this deal is going to be so I might as well pick one up tonight.

I went in to pick up my pre-ordered one and they had about 10-12 boxes that they were unpacking that were put aside due to the release of COD: BO yesterday. These game packs weren't in any of them and after the manager looked in the system he said that today was just the SHIPPING date for them.

So chances are that's true across the chain. I'd try back on Friday or so and hope like hell they're in by then.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] but from the looks of it there's been a delay in shipping.[/QUOTE]

That's what it looks like. Just checked my order and it has been changed to "backordered." Doesn't have a date on when it will be available.

UPDATE: It shipped today. Should probably have it by Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='acsguitar']Is there an official name for this?[/QUOTE]
ESA Game Pack. That's what it's called on Gamestop.com and what it's listed as on my preorder receipt from the store.

Just got a text message from Gamestop:

GameStop: Your ESA Game Pack order avail Fri PM. Bring your trades in to reduce price. Store #[their phone number] End txt msgs reply STOP

Will they spam me with other fuck after, or do they just do that for preorders? ^_^

I just came home to find a message from "Ashley" from Gamestop telling me to bring any games I have to trade, yadda yadda yadda.

What sucks is that I no longer need the Uncharted portion of this triple pack, since I just picked up FOUR of them from TRU this afternoon for $6 each.;) But if the one in the triple pack is a non-GH(the ones from TRU are all red case ones:cry:), then I'll keep that n sell the GH ones on here for cost + shipping to whoever wants one.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I just picked up FOUR of them from TRU this afternoon for $6 each.;) But if the one in the triple pack is a non-GH(the ones from TRU are all red case ones:cry:), then I'll keep that n sell the GH ones on here for cost + shipping to whoever wants one.;)[/QUOTE]

How did you manage that? Didn't see Uncharted on the Clearance Thread? Did see that it was $15 on Black Friday though... Advise sensei! Will return the preorder if I can snag it for cheaper, red case or not!

[quote name='DarthLGP']How did you manage that? Didn't see Uncharted on the Clearance Thread? Did see that it was $15 on Black Friday though... Advise sensei! Will return the preorder if I can snag it for cheaper, red case or not![/QUOTE]
Someone mentioned finding it at Toys R' Us for $6 the other day in a random post, so I remembered that when I stopped into the other TRU by me today. I nearly passed out when I saw the $6.00 pricetags on the back of the cases.:D

Hell of a game and deal for only $6. I've already played it at least once, but I wanted to go back through it on a higher difficulty level now that I have an HD screen to play it on. I had to turn the brightness up on my SDtv quite a bit when I originally played it.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Someone mentioned finding it at Toys R' Us for $6 the other day in a random post, so I remembered that when I stopped into the other TRU by me today. I nearly passed out when I saw the $6.00 pricetags on the back of the cases.:D

Hell of a game and deal for only $6. I've already played it at least once, but I wanted to go back through it on a higher difficulty level now that I have an HD screen to play it on. I had to turn the brightness up on my SDtv quite a bit when I originally played it.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Gonna hit it up tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up. Where they in a special bin or just with the other PS3 games?

I could save you a bit of money right now by saying that you can get Tomb Raider: Underworld used from GS for $8.99 and Mercenaries 2 is a glitchy game so I'd wait on getting that right now and to pick up a GH copy(red case, GH artwork) of Uncharted for only $6 from Toys R'Us.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Someone mentioned finding it at Toys R' Us for $6 the other day in a random post, so I remembered that when I stopped into the other TRU by me today. I nearly passed out when I saw the $6.00 pricetags on the back of the cases.:D

Hell of a game and deal for only $6. I've already played it at least once, but I wanted to go back through it on a higher difficulty level now that I have an HD screen to play it on. I had to turn the brightness up on my SDtv quite a bit when I originally played it.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Red case or not I'm definitely checking out TRU tomorrow! The game looks awesome in HD you are in for a treat. :)

Is Uncharted confirmed for $6 at all TRU's? I work about 2 miles from one and it wouldn't be too hard heading after work to pick up a copy.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is Uncharted confirmed for $6 at all TRU's? I work about 2 miles from one and it wouldn't be too hard heading after work to pick up a copy.[/QUOTE]
It would be kinda difficult since I picked up the four they had yesterday.:razz::booty: Moreover, I picked up the five Dickson City had today as well AND I have the copy from this ESA pack(which is a NON-GH but not individually sealed).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']... AND I have the copy from this ESA pack(which is a NON-GH but not individually sealed).[/QUOTE]
I presume this version also has "NOT FOR RESALE" or similar printed in place of the UPC.

Not sure. I haven't cracked open the pack as of yet. But it does have the newer version coverart with the smaller lettering on the specifications section on the back.

[quote name='shoe478']Did they fix the problem with the freezing on Mercs 2 when you try to connect to EA's servers?

I had to accept the EA agreement on an older game (Orange Box) before it would let me connect.[/QUOTE]

No it is not fixed. I had to find a used copy of Army of 2 (original) to put in and accept the EA agreement to get it to finally connect (then I took Army of 2 back to GS). The multiplayer would connect to certain people but not others. Took me a while to find someone to get the last few online trophies with. It has a lot of glitches, but the gameplay itself was a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back