$30 DVD/$35 BLU Boardwalk Empire w/FS wks w/$10 GC & $10 code @ BB.com

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The HBO sale ended but boardwalk Empire is now even cheaper both DVD + BLU w/FS
Game of Thones is $35 MSRP @ Walmart so you can still get it there or pm @ BB for points or whaatever.

In-store & Online

Works with the $10 Savings code offer & has free shipping
Works with the $10 Giftcard deal too(edit: you need 3 tv titles $15 or more)

Boardwalk Empire

$30 DVD
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Boardwalk+Empire%3A+The+Complete+First+Season+%5B5+Discs%5D+-+DVD/3948117.p?id=2306876&skuId=3948117&st=boardwalk empire&lp=4&cp=1

$35 B/R
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Boardwa...80098.p?id=2315364&skuId=4180098&st=boardwalk empire&lp=4&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']$33 for BWE is tempting, but I think it will go lower.[/QUOTE]

Ditto...The only show I like enough to pay decent money for on a season set that runs 12 eps etc is Sons of Anarchy..Id like to see BWE but Ill wait for 20 or less on blu.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, $25 or less is what I'm shooting for. Definitely worth seeing at that price.[/QUOTE]I believe it was $25 at the week of release or $30, as they had U&S running and had it for either $30 or $35 pre-U&S coupon.

[quote name='shrike4242']I believe it was $25 at the week of release or $30, as they had U&S running and had it for either $30 or $35 pre-U&S coupon.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it wasn't released during a U&S, it was $34.99 at release. I remember that because I wanted to blind buy GoT based on how much people loved it..

looks like I won't be opening my copy any time soon

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-...4MO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1344615665&sr=8-5&

[quote name='shrike4242']I believe it was $25 at the week of release or $30, as they had U&S running and had it for either $30 or $35 pre-U&S coupon.[/QUOTE]
Really? I know why I missed it then, since I was playing TOR at the time and going through deal overload withdrawal.

[quote name='Jodou']$33 for BWE is tempting, but I think it will go lower.[/QUOTE]This & Game of Thrones have a $35 MSRP but chances are it won't go lower than $30 until BF but HBO series tend to stay higher even still.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm pretty sure it wasn't released during a U&S, it was $34.99 at release. I remember that because I wanted to blind buy GoT based on how much people loved it..

looks like I won't be opening my copy any time soon

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-...4MO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1344615665&sr=8-5&[/QUOTE]I know GoT Was $34.99 at release because I had it pre-ordered and canceled/reordered when it was that cheap though there was no U&S going on at that time. BWE I think was $30 before U&S at time of release or $35 before U&S at time of release because I canceled my Amazon pre-order of it to go with the Best Buy deal.

I wasn't specific about it being for BWE and not GoT, sorry for that. Joudo seemed to be inferring he was looking for BWE and not GoT, and the inference didn't carry through in my post.

Yeah, I remember BWE being $34.99/$29.99 after U&S at launch. I almost blind bought that but I figured with season 2 just ending, that blu would be out soon and season 1 of BWE would probably be easy to find used later on down the road.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, I remember BWE being $34.99/$29.99 after U&S at launch. I almost blind bought that but I figured with season 2 just ending, that blu would be out soon and season 1 of BWE would probably be easy to find used later on down the road.[/QUOTE]
The third season starts in about a month. You'll never end up buying them lol.

Boardwalk is tempting but i have a feeling you will be able to get it and S2 on BR on black friday for much cheaper so i will probably hold off.

Somewhat on-topic question, does anyone know a good way to tell if a copy of Game of Thrones is the first release or the re-issued version?

I realize that any new version in an electronics store is going to be the re-issue, and also that any of the BB exclusive packaging sets will be the earlier version. I was just wondering if there was some way to tell on a used regular box set without having to put the disc into a blu-ray player.

The edit is practically non-existent, but I don't approve of the idea in general.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Somewhat on-topic question, does anyone know a good way to tell if a copy of Game of Thrones is the first release or the re-issued version?

I realize that any new version in an electronics store is going to be the re-issue, and also that any of the BB exclusive packaging sets will be the earlier version. I was just wondering if there was some way to tell on a used regular box set without having to put the disc into a blu-ray player.

The edit is practically non-existent, but I don't approve of the idea in general.[/QUOTE]You'd have to check the UPC numbers from a non-"Bush head free" version against the version you'd see in person and check it that way. As the only way you'd likely find the UPC of the old version would be to ask someone here or on another forum to give you the UPC # of the version they have and compare it to another one you have in front of you.

Release date is the only other way, as the "new" version shows a release date of 07/24/12.

Thanks Shrike and ndshide, I really appreciate it.

@pacifickarma - correct, those were the Best Buy exclusive covers. That's one of the reasons contributing to those versions' value as it's a limited edition AND it's guaranteed to be the original version.

The HBO deal is dead but boardwalk empire is now cheaper & there's 2 promos that stack which would net $20 credit.
edit:you need 3 tv titles $15 or more for the $10 GC deal but there's deals galore to be had.

bread's done
Back