30% extra trade in credit for Gears of War 2. July 25-27

Mahoney07

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
EVERY store that held a tournament will honor this deal. SOME stores that didn't have a tourny will but not all so I would call first

http://www.gamestop.com/gearsafterhours

Also a GoW Tournement Friday 25th.

Deal does not stack with their 3/4/5 deal but it does stack with Edge cards.

I recommend trading in SSBB. You get $42 with an edge card which is a bit more than what they go for on ebay including shipping. Please post other recommended trade ins.

Gears of War's trade in value = $12
Here are some other trade in values
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191324

gowwz2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jtyettis']This is good at any Gamestop right? Not just ones running the tournaments?[/quote]

[quote name='Mahoney07']Not all Gamestops will have the tournament but all Gamestops will have this deal.
[/quote]

:roll:

he couldnt comprehend it the first time, what makes you think he's going to comprehend it the second time? :p

I was down a few days ago and the clerk told me they had this deal already and let me have it. He also did it with Force Unleashed as well.

[quote name='aznguyen316']wow why does SSBB get so much trade in? That's crazy a lot considering it's a $50. sorry but I'm just really curious as to why[/quote] because of the extra 40%

[quote name='madpsp']because of the extra 40%[/quote]

That's before the deal, the game is just a high want and big seller. The value will go down eventually, but not too much over the span of the Wii's life.

[quote name='bearcatjosh']Wonder what Dark Sector trades in for.

No, this isn't a trolling post![/quote]

The link in OP has tons of trade values...

"Dark Sector - $11 (HUGE $9 drop around 7/1)"

Hmmm...if I'm doing the math right I can trade-in my MGS4 and my World Ends With You and get the Gears2 Limited Edition for free. Nice.

Actually this is better than the 3/4/5 deal because you would have had to trade at least five games to get to 30% off. Now, the funny thing is how many people are going to take advantage of this and then cancel the pre-order to get just the credit later on down the road or switch it to another game.

One of the best games to do this with is GTA IV because it trades for $30 so with bonuses (30% plus Edge Card) it will get you $42.

[quote name='doubledown']So, you can switch to another game? Interesting....although, I do want GoW2.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've heard of people doing this but I don't pre-order much so I don't know.

[quote name='dg7md']That's before the deal, the game is just a high want and big seller. The value will go down eventually, but not too much over the span of the Wii's life.[/quote]
umm no the base tiv is Super Smash Bros Brawl - $30 + 40%= $42

[quote name='dman1869']Can someone put a copy/link of the e-mail they got for the Gears of War 2 trade-in special? Thanks ahead of time.[/quote]

http://www.gamestop.com/gearsafterhours

WOW I went to 2 Gamestops, one had never heard of this deal and I guess he just ignored me when I told him exactly where to find the deal on Gamestop.com. Then I went to EBgames and he had never heard of it either. I told him where to find the deal and then he tells me I need a coupon even though it DOESN'T say I need a coupon ANYWHERE on the listing. I recommend you bring the full printout of the deal.

[quote name='Mahoney07']http://www.gamestop.com/gearsafterhours

WOW I went to 2 Gamestops, one had never heard of this deal and I guess he just ignored me when I told him exactly where to find the deal on Gamestop.com. Then I went to EBgames and he had never heard of it either. I told him where to find the deal and then he tells me I need a coupon even though it DOESN'T say I need a coupon ANYWHERE on the listing. I recommend you bring the full printout of the deal.[/QUOTE]

Link doesn't work.

[quote name='dman1869']Link doesn't work.[/quote]

just highlight the the text and paste it... it's the affiliate link that's hosing it up. :roll:

I'd usually follow up with a slanderous remark but I'm feeling lazy.... too.

That's weird that so many gamestop's haven't heard about this. About 1/2 of the STL stores are doing the tournament, and they all have tearable coupons with barcodes on the back of them.

This deal seems pretty good.

I have:

Lost Planet: Colonies
Eternal Sonata
Devil May Cry 4
Final Fantasy XII
Spider-Man 2
Incredible Hulk: UD

To trade in towards this or Saints Row 2. Question though, will I only get $5 for Colonies? I understand it's a re-release but it is quite diffrent from the original from a content standpoint.

Edit: I'd love to trade in my PS2 but the front piece of the disk tray broke off. I guess they wouldn't take that.

Took advantage of this today. They had the coupons their, although at first we just saw the ad on the front of them and then realized the actual coupon is on the back.

[quote name='leung19']so is it 40% with edge card? sweet!!!

what if my trade is value total is more than the game?[/quote]

Please post what game you are talking about.

This happened to me with Dead Rising a while back. I used a deal + edge card to buy the game for like $12.

Anyway, the tournament was ok. Bad part was it was 1v1 SPLITSCREEN. So the sniper tower had a huge advantage cause you have the high ground and you knew where they were. Everyone got a t-shirt instead of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th like the flyer said.

[quote name='cdeener']Well, I've heard of people doing this but I don't pre-order much so I don't know.[/quote]

This does work, but I'd not recommend doing it the same day. As Gears is a few months away, just trade in whatever you need and come back a few weeks later. You can either remove the pre-order and use the credit for something else or move it to another pre-order (I'll likely do this for Tales of Vesperia).

Edit: Also, I love how absolutely no one has any issues with abusing Gamestop's sales :p. Love it love it love it.

[quote name='Mahoney07']Anyway, the tournament was ok. Bad part was it was 1v1 SPLITSCREEN. So the sniper tower had a huge advantage cause you have the high ground and you knew where they were. Everyone got a t-shirt instead of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th like the flyer said.[/quote]

What T-shirts? There were no T-shirts at mine, just a $20 MS Points card for first place. Of course my tournament only had 2 people total.

no dice at my gamestop, guy claimed he didnt know who it was, then i pulled up the url on my phone, and still wouldnt do it, said there was no code, tried to say that only the stores listed would honor it

bullshit

[quote name='MSUHitman']What T-shirts? There were no T-shirts at mine, just a $20 MS Points card for first place. Of course my tournament only had 2 people total.[/quote]

Pretty cool Gears of War 2 tshirt. Has the big red skull on the bottom side/frontish

Went to trade in some stuff at gamestop today, and the guy knew of the tournament but didn't know about the deal. I was going to comeback but he told my mother and I that we could just comeback with the coupon and get everything fixed as opposed to taking everything with us and coming back.

We did exactly that. We came back after going shopping for some other things and getting the flier printed out. Spoke to the exact same guy and we were told that nothing could be done because the trade already went through.

We persisted and he finally read the coupon(misread it for a $30 Bonus), but still told there was nothing we could do but save it until I had more stuff to trade in. When my mother pointed out that it expires tomorrow, he basically said there would always be another deal.

My mother being very upset that I didn't receive the 30% bonus like I was told I would, she called the Gamestop support number and they told her that the district manager would be able to help us.

She left a message and we should be getting a call on Monday from him. Hopefully he wont say he can help us, then turn around and say he can't.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. During the bonus $10 sale I only got $5 added to my total, from the advice of CAGers I was told to go and have it fixed and I wasn't able to(I let it slide as I was able to get what I wanted).

^ That sucks. I traded in SSMB and I got $47.90 credit. I'm pretty sure he did his math wrong because he manually put in the price. I put $5 towards Fallout 3 on PS3 and the rest on Gears.

Pretty cool since I bought SSMB at a flea market almost brand new for $20 lol.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is $25 base TIV, down $5 from what is was. I got $35 with this promo plus Edge.

I don't know Gamestop's POS system, but the promo code that printed out was 5538 if that helps.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Ninja Gaiden 2 is $25 base TIV, down $5 from what is was. I got $35 with this promo plus Edge.

I don't know Gamestop's POS system, but the promo code that printed out was 5538 if that helps.[/quote]

so is it $25 base at all gamestops now? in that other thread it said that base value is $30.

Wow... this campaign + the Toys R US clearance sale = total win for me. I was able to flip $32 worth of clearance games for a fully paid-off GoW2 Collectors Edition + $9 left over on my Edge card. :)

[quote name='bmachine']Sweet. Trading in my Metal Gear Solid 4....should get me ~$43.00 w/ Edge.[/quote]

trading in MGS4?!? THIS IS MADNESS!

[quote name='mrmafia33']so is it $25 base at all gamestops now? in that other thread it said that base value is $30.[/quote]

I would say most likely that is correct.

[quote name='evilkittytits']Wow... this campaign + the Toys R US clearance sale = total win for me. I was able to flip $32 worth of clearance games for a fully paid-off GoW2 Collectors Edition + $9 left over on my Edge card. :)[/quote]

Which games did you use from Toys R Us?

[quote name='United_Korea']trading in MGS4?!? THIS IS MADNESS![/quote]

I'm clearly in the minority with this opinion but I thought MGS4 was one of the least interesting games I've ever played.

bread's done
Back