$30 off AC:R $10 off MW3 BF3 + more GAMESTOP PUR

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Got this email today:

This week, starting Wednesday, January 18, you'll save $30 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations and $10 off Call of Duty: MW3, Battlefield 3 and more! Plus, you can get $20 off a Kinect Sensor that adds a whole new level of play to your favorite games. Check out these deals and more now!

Plus $20 off 12 month Xbox live card

Sorry posting from phone

does this work for pre-owned too? i might use my buy 2 get 1 free coupon lol. I wonder y i didnt get this email. I am a PUR member too

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']So ACR for $30?[/QUOTE]

you will probaby find it $20-$25 used soon, it's a ubisoft title ;)

I think the AC:R for $30 maybe a typo. I received this email this morning as well; however, when I went to my local gamestop this afternoon, they still wanted $60 for it. Told the cashier about the email, but he said he hadn't heard anything about AC:R being half off. :cry:

[quote name='Aughiskie']I think the AC:R for $30 maybe a typo. I received this email this morning as well; however, when I went to my local gamestop this afternoon, they still wanted $60 for it. Told the cashier about the email, but he said he hadn't heard anything about AC:R being half off. :cry:[/QUOTE]

The sale starts tomorrow.

[quote name='Aughiskie']I think the AC:R for $30 maybe a typo. I received this email this morning as well; however, when I went to my local gamestop this afternoon, they still wanted $60 for it. Told the cashier about the email, but he said he hadn't heard anything about AC:R being half off. :cry:[/QUOTE]

The email I got stated the sale starts tomorrow Jan 18.

Also wondering if this is going to apply to pre-owned copies as well.

will this be in store also? Because I was looking to buy some games for the 360 that are dirt cheap but the in store price BS changes. Really tired of this price difference, the website claims these deals online are too good or special sales that can't be done in store = in other words, our infrastructure in store isn't capable of doing this.
PS: if the deal is in store, gamestop also has that promotion of 40% bonus trade in towards 2011 games which AC:R is part of.

[quote name='Sendoh']does this work for pre-owned too? i might use my buy 2 get 1 free coupon lol. I wonder y i didnt get this email. I am a PUR member too[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty sweet for the games and Kinect also. A used Kinect sensor would be $59.99 if this were true. I don't think buying used hardware at GS is good, but if the price is right....

Maybe we'll get some confirmation on prices soon.

I got the email too and it said the 18th not the 17th lol

ThunderChunky62 you should put the LINK so people could browse, because many (like me) will dismiss this thread because the word GAMESTOP is in it.

LINK

I found cartoon network punch time explosion XL NEW for $19.99 & I know it a down grade of smash bros, but its cartoonnetwork.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']ThunderChunky62 you should put the LINK so people could browse, because many (like me) will dismiss this thread because the word GAMESTOP is in it.

LINK

I found cartoon network punch time explosion XL NEW for $19.99 & I know it a down grade of smash bros, but its cartoonnetwork.[/QUOTE]

That's an old sale you posted the link for that one has been going on for at least a week. Like a few have stated the sale doesn't usually go live until Wednesday.

[quote name='onimushadavis']That's an old sale you posted the link for that one has been going on for at least a week. Like a few have stated the sale doesn't usually go live until Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

thats the link that the email takes you to though so it may be part of the same sale

Man, I just finished AC:brotherhood last night and I really wasn't going to buy AC:R but now I want to see what happens in the story ha.

[quote name='iwannadie']Man, I just finished AC:brotherhood last night and I really wasn't going to buy AC:R but now I want to see what happens in the story ha.[/QUOTE]

Not worth it.
Nothing happens, Enizo retires. I swear.

[quote name='BFox549']does Gamestop have the AC:R's with AC1 too or is that promotion strictly just for Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I know GameStop still has some AC:R Signature Edition. It comes with the exclusive DLC and the first AC.

[quote name='DigitalMP']Damnit, just noticed it. The only game I wanted (ACR) is still retail price. Come to think of it why is it even on the deals page then... =/

http://www.gamestop.com/deals#xbox[/QUOTE]

im hoping that they missed some stuff since nba 2k12 is full price and mw3 and bac used are still the same

[quote name='moothemagiccow']It's horrible. Play 2 first[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought the first was the best. Mostly because of altiar.

All PS3 versions of ACR contain AC1 on the disc, not just from specific retailers. When the game disc is in your PS3 system and you are on the XMB, there will be a second bubble under the ACR disc icon that says something like "Assassin's Creed Revelations: Assassin's Creed"

There is about a 7-8GB install, but you should be able to play the game then.

EDIT: Well Wikipedia lists this following information:
"All day one copies of Revelations for the PlayStation 3 had the first Assassin's Creed bundled as part of the disc, which launched in 2007"

I got my copy from Bestbuy.com over Black Friday, so I can't vouch for whether the newer copies have AC1 or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought it worth mentioning...AC: R is still $30 used at Family Video. Every time I've ordered from them, the games came in pristine condition, and complete all but once (A Destroy All Humans sequel was missing the manual, otherwise they all were always complete, ordered over 10 games from them before).

Deux Ex is still $20 used there too. Both for Xbox 360, no PS3 available I don't think.

Ok just got back from GS. The $30 off ACR is for new copies only, pre-owned is still 54.99. Site is still not updated to reflect that.

[quote name='DigitalMP']Ok just got back from GS. The $30 off ACR is for new copies only, pre-owned is still 54.99. Site is still not updated to reflect that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so i guess only works for new copies then. That kinda suk lol.

[quote name='BFox549']does Gamestop have the AC:R's with AC1 too or is that promotion strictly just for Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

It's not a best buy exclusive so I would assume that your local gs would have it, also the used prices are NOT dropping only the new prices for AC:R

Might have to pick this up; I grabbed Brotherhood new for 18 at Sams quite a while back and still haven't finished it, but for $30 this is tempting ...

Edit: Also, GS page is showing $29.99 for the new copy now.

While it wasnt freshly wrapped in the plastic like the other AC:R they found me a new signature version of AC:R for the launch day ps3 version that included the first AC on the disk... since im new to AC i decided to get this one.... I also ended up getting a used copy of AC II lol...my backlog is so backed up.... Crazy thing is i work fulltime and back in school fulltime this semester starting tomorrow smh

Also my first post peoples.... this site is the ish to finding deals...im here and slickdeals.net daily

[quote name='Rhett']Any word on how long this deal will last? I might pick up AC:R.[/QUOTE]

Should end on the 31st according to the email.

[quote name='serenitygod']Which is the superior Console version of ACR?
Also does the superior edition come to both as well?[/QUOTE]

Only the PS3 comes with AC1.

[quote name='serenitygod']Which is the superior Console version of ACR?
Also does the superior edition come to both as well?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 has AC1. Decide now!

Are the signature DLC's really expired? I know some DLC cards have a stated expiration date but they often are actually good past the listed date.

[quote name='Donut2922']Are the signature DLC's really expired? I know some DLC cards have a stated expiration date but they often are actually good past the listed date.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky enough to get a signature version of the game .... And the code for the dlc expired the 15 I entered in Psn anyways and I believe it went through ... It doesn't show in downloads but I don't think it's supposed too.... I wouldn't know yet since I'm playing the original first ..... But I think it still works since it went through valid and allowed me to dl it

[quote name='iwannadie']Man, I just finished AC:brotherhood last night and I really wasn't going to buy AC:R but now I want to see what happens in the story ha.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thongsy']Not worth it.
Nothing happens, Enizo retires. I swear.
[/QUOTE]

And he meets a Florentine book collector in Istanbul who becomes his wife and he helps a young Prince Sulieman who eventually becomes Sultan. That's it.

[quote name='Donut2922']Are the signature DLC's really expired? I know some DLC cards have a stated expiration date but they often are actually good past the listed date.[/QUOTE]
I was able to get a SE yesterday and redeemed the codes without issue on XBL.

bread's done
Back