30% off all game acc. in-store only 8/20-21 @ TRU

If it's anything like the last sale like this, it will be YMMV and will probably require a manager override to be used on points cards or PSN cards.

Just got my email for Rewards members, and there is a coupon for 30% off video game accessories. I'll try and get the coupon up in a minute.

Whoops, someone beat me to it. Delete this if you want mods.

I don't see Xbox hard drives on their website, does anyone know if they carry the xbox hard drives?

My 60GB pro is busting at the seams... need a bigger hard drive.

[quote name='astraelraen']I don't see Xbox hard drives on their website, does anyone know if they carry the xbox hard drives?

My 60GB pro is busting at the seams... need a bigger hard drive.[/QUOTE]

They probably don't carry Xbox Hard Drive. I remember last time no one found a hard drive when they have the 40% of accessory deal.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']are ms points considered accessories?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Nope, they're gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Yep, for some stupid reason. Not gonna bother.

[quote name='vlv723']Yep, for some stupid reason. Not gonna bother.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you buy those with the plastic wrap (12+1 month), they are counted as accessories. I just bought 2 when they have the 40% deal.

[quote name='foreinter']Actually if you buy those with the plastic wrap (12+1 month), they are counted as accessories. I just bought 2 when they have the 40% deal.[/QUOTE]

I think XBL Gold Subscription cards would be fine, but not the PSN $/XBL points cards.

[quote name='mfdoom']do you need a coupon cuz the file show no bar codes just says in store?[/QUOTE]

in store only.... no coupon needed. the email was sent out to reward plan members i believe, but the 30 % off is for everyone.

[quote name='foreinter']Actually if you buy those with the plastic wrap (12+1 month), they are counted as accessories. I just bought 2 when they have the 40% deal.[/QUOTE]

foreinter is right....."blister packs" (cards with hard plastic wrap) were 40% off a few months ago....so 30% off should be no problem

[quote name='astraelraen']I don't see Xbox hard drives on their website, does anyone know if they carry the xbox hard drives?

My 60GB pro is busting at the seams... need a bigger hard drive.[/QUOTE]

OP says in-store only. I don't recall seeing hard drives in the stores anymore lately either, but then again I wasn't looking for them either.

My local TRU still has a couple regular fight sticks clearanced so this could be good :D

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']The black wireless controller w/arcade games has dropped to $40. $28 + tax is a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

What games come with that bundle again?

I don't recall seeing a coupon being required (I got the email as well). Am I missing it somewhere? $38.49 + tax for colored DS3 controllers is a good price.

Been wanting to pick-up a blue, red, and silver ones.

anyone know if they carry either the logitech G25 or G27 in store? checked their site and i don't see it, but i'm not sure how in-sync the inventories on the site and the B&M stores are

[quote name='adamical']Will this work on PSN/Wii Point cards? If so, I'm in for a stack.

Coupon required?[/QUOTE]

It is not working on point cards since they are not considered accessories, but gift cards, for all others the cupon is not availablke and it should work automaticaly in store 30% off.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']anyone know if they carry either the logitech G25 or G27 in store? checked their site and i don't see it, but i'm not sure how in-sync the inventories on the site and the B&M stores are[/QUOTE]

Probably doesn't help you much, but I was at a store this week and some kid asked about wheels - the girl said they don't carry them at all.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Whats the MSRP on an Official Xbox Wired controller?[/QUOTE]

39.99 and 34.99 for the Hori. Just fyi the Hori also is recognized by Windows as an Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Internet coupon you print out for in-store use only, 40% off game accessories. Unfortunately, a lot of TRU employees and supervisors had no clue about it and some CAGers were treated like con artists.

UPDATE -- This will stack with the $10 Halo card, which is still good through 8/21. YMMV
30% off is for games that end with a 8 or a 0...
Example:
Darksiders 32.98 - 30% = 23.09 - $10 (Halo Card) = 13.09 + Tax.
I got Darksiders for 13.88 OTD,
Halo card does state that it's not valid with any other offers but it scanned fine at the register. Rep scanned game, it took 30% off immediately and then scanned card for another $10 off.

Wish the OP had put the Toys-R-Us icon on the post as well...

Anyway, got the official Sony PSP Go component video cables for $20.99 plus tax.

[quote name='havok019']UPDATE -- This will stack with the $10 Halo card, which is still good through 8/21. YMMV
Example:
Halo card does state that it's not valid with any other offers but it scanned fine at the register. Rep scanned game, it took 30% off immediately and then scanned card for another $10 off.[/QUOTE]

but isn't it 30% off accessories and not games? If that's not the case here, then i know what im doing Friday afternoon :cool:

[quote name='Disneyboy']The 30% also applie to clearance games.[/QUOTE]

ohh im stupid i thought it was a 30% off coupon not an event go figure I appreciate the correction

Getting this to work with games will be extremely YMMV, it says ALL video game accessories and has pics of a ds accessory kit, some pink wii accessories, and a blue ps3 controller on the coupon.

It's not "getting it to work with games". All clearance videogames are automatically ringing up at 30% off, and severely toysrus stores already have signs out advertising the 30% off clearance games.

[quote name='havok019']UPDATE -- This will stack with the $10 Halo card, which is still good through 8/21. YMMV
Example:
Halo card does state that it's not valid with any other offers but it scanned fine at the register. Rep scanned game, it took 30% off immediately and then scanned card for another $10 off.[/QUOTE]

Delightful, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Disneyboy']It's not "getting it to work with games". All clearance videogames are automatically ringing up at 30% off, and severely toysrus stores already have signs out advertising the 30% off clearance games.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay that makes sense though I didn't see signs at mine, might have to check another one.

came to post the clearance games thing but it was already found. Got Riddick for ~$4 today.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I know Xbox/PS3 subscription/point cards don't work but what about WoW time cards?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know to...

[quote name='lombarvm']I wonder if clearance video game accessories would be 60% off? If so it might be time to pick up this.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

bread's done
Back