30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, my extras were already claimed. I'm hitting up a few more stores in my area. If I find another copy, I'll let you know.

I did make it a store today and was able to return & rebuy to get 20% off what I bought on Thursday. The cashier wouldn't do it and said I had to talk to a manager. But after 5 calls over the intercom and the manager not calling or showing, she just did it for me. Also grabbed more games for the backlog. Prices are before 20% discount.

:360: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire $1.99
:360: Saints Row the Third $4.72
:360: Call of Duty 3 $4.72
:ps3: Harry Potter Years 1-4 $2.50
:ps3: Timeshift $1.99
:ps3: Shift 2 Unleashed $4.72
:ps3: Yakuza 4 $4.72
:ps3: Dirt 3 $4.72
:ps3: Midway Arcade Origins $4.72
:3ds: Asphalt 3D $3.75
:3ds: Green Lantern $3.75
That's what I'm going to do tomorrow. The cashier was rude beyond belief. She just returned the games the rang them out on the same receipt without scanning my card. I already wrote corporate because she was being so damn rude. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but I'll posts whatever happens tomorrow after I talk to the manager.

Pretty much a no go on a second trip to Big Lots (as this location has been clearly cleaned out of anything worthwhile).  I did pick up a copy of :ps3: MotionSports Adrenaline for $3.24, but I am debating returning the game tomorrow.  They had some decent TV Stands that I am thinking of buying tomorrow with the 20% off coupon.

My wife wanted to go to Kmart from Big Lots, so I checked the clearance there.  Wound up with Professor Layton & The Last Spectre for $3 after I asked the manager regarding the game ringing out of the system.  Between Big Lots and Kmart, I now have two Layton games (the other was Unwound Future from Big Lots during the 50% promo).  I am willing to trade either so message me if you are interested... 

Oh and sadly none of those Optimus Prime not-LEGOs at the stores I went to today. That was rather disappointing and only mitigated by finding another eight games to buy.
AWD has one for $19.50 GoGoGo!!!

As a consolation prize, I could send you an Optimus Matrix Kreon (the little minifig) for your extra copy of Street Fighter 3DS (PM if want)

I've got one or two extra waiting to go to an abusive home.

Went in to two stores looking for Shinobi, Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon. Both stores told me they sent their games back weeks ago

My Big Lots had 2 games left. Cubic Ninja and Michael Jackson. Went ahead and grabbed Cubic Ninja for $2.

If anyone has a Ghost Recon 3DS they want to sell for a cheap please shoot me a PM.

Went to Big Lots today and they put the few games they had in a basket all they had was Puss In Boots,Micheal Jackson,NHL 11, Tiger Woods 11,Midway Collection.

I ended up buying Tiger Woods,Midway Collection,and some Fishing game on the 3ds. But I was in line for like 30Min. It was a mad house in there.

Went to Big Lots today and they put the few games they had in a basket all they had was Puss In Boots,Micheal Jackson,NHL 11, Tiger Woods 11,Midway Collection.

I ended up buying Tiger Woods,Midway Collection,and some Fishing game on the 3ds. But I was in line for like 30Min. It was a mad house in there.
Puss in Boots for the 360/Kinect is actually a really fun game by the way. Can't speak on the DS version.

I have a few games for trade still.

I have, off the top of my head, Sonic Collection DS, Genesis Collection PH 360, Splinter Cell 3DS, Shinobi 3DS, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars 3DS, Hitman Absolution PS3, Reel Fishing 3DS.

Up for trade:

- Xbox 360
Dreamcast Collection
Top Spin 4
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Army of Two: 40th Day
Dead Space 2
Left 4 Dead

- 3DS
Shinobi

I'm looking for Halo Wars, Genesis Collection, and Dragon Quest IX mainly, but you can shoot me other offers.

I ran to another BL today and ended up grabbing Shinobi, Splinter Cell, Cubic Ninja and Hollywood Crimes, and also picked up a Princess Peach DS case ($10 -> $2) and a cheap razor-like scooter ($20 -> $4) for my daughter's easter basket.

I had planned on holding on to the games until I pick up another 3DS, but seeing people are looking for them, I'm open to trade for 360 games from the same sale.

PM me what you have/want.

I ran to another BL today and ended up grabbing Shinobi, Splinter Cell, Cubic Ninja and Hollywood Crimes, and also picked up a Princess Peach DS case ($10 -> $2) and a cheap razor-like scooter ($20 -> $4) for my daughter's easter basket.

I had planned on holding on to the games until I pick up another 3DS, but seeing people are looking for them, I'm open to trade for 360 games from the same sale.

PM me what you have/want.
Wait the cases were on sale too? I saw a Donkey Kong case for $8 and since I did not see a red star on it I left it.

Pretty much a no go on a second trip to Big Lots (as this location has been clearly cleaned out of anything worthwhile). I did pick up a copy of :ps3: MotionSports Adrenaline for $3.24, but I am debating returning the game tomorrow. They had some decent TV Stands that I am thinking of buying tomorrow with the 20% off coupon.

My wife wanted to go to Kmart from Big Lots, so I checked the clearance there. Wound up with Professor Layton & The Last Spectre for $3 after I asked the manager regarding the game ringing out of the system. Between Big Lots and Kmart, I now have two Layton games (the other was Unwound Future from Big Lots during the 50% promo). I am willing to trade either so message me if you are interested...
PM sent for Last Spectre. Thanks!

Does anybody have a picture of the 20% off coupon? Or are they handing it out in the store? If not, can the coupon be scanned off my phone? Can't get to a printer today.

Does anybody have a picture of the 20% off coupon? Or are they handing it out in the store? If not, can the coupon be scanned off my phone? Can't get to a printer today.
The store I went to yesterday was just handing them out and had them all at the registers. You should be fine. Plus, since it's a generic coupon, if one person uses one, they will probably just sit at the register and the cashier can just keep scanning the same coupon.

Alternatively, here's the coupon on the website. http://www.biglots.com/coupon/coupon-20140302-master

You dont even need the coupon my BigLots had a Giant sign that said 20% off entire purchase. I never printed a coupon and still got the discount.

You dont even need the coupon my BigLots had a Giant sign that said 20% off entire purchase. I never printed a coupon and still got the discount.
I just got back from two and both places had the coupons just taped to their cash register and they scanned that each time.

Culver City was a bust. I did see a refurbished Kinect for sale though. It had an $88 price tag on it. If it falls in the 75% stuff, today you can get it for under $20 if anyone wanted one.

At the West LA BL, I bought the games that weren't ringing up right the last time I was there. Walked out with NCAA Football 13, Aragorn's Quest, Mass Effect 3, Binary Domain (another copy because I forgot I already grabbed it), and Saints Row 3

The Big Lots I went to had Binary Domain, Warhammer, Dragon Age II, and a couple copies of Dead Space 2 and Midway Arcade Collection. They had the Genesis Collection, but it was opened. I just bought Hitman Absolution and Guitar Hero Van Halen (Cousin gave me 3 Guitars) for the 360. They didn't have anything for PS3....that I know of.

They also had DS and Wii games, but they weren't noteworthy. 

Found a :ps3: Dead Space 2 for $4 after tax. Only a couple DS shovelware games left. Are they out of the game biz for good?
That's what they've been saying. I can't imagine it was doing them a lot of good and was probably high shrink.

How bizarre. I can't find either one of my receipts. I can't even find the Skylanders receipt even though I can find all my GameStop receipts from the same day.

How much would it have been for Skylanders? $40 minus the 95% or $40 minus 75% minus 20%?

How bizarre. I can't find either one of my receipts. I can't even find the Skylanders receipt even though I can find all my GameStop receipts from the same day.

How much would it have been for Skylanders? $40 minus the 95% or $40 minus 75% minus 20%?
75% off 40 is $10 another 20% would make final cost $8

That's what they've been saying. I can't imagine it was doing them a lot of good and was probably high shrink.
Sears said the same thing last year, and they still carry games and systems. Big lots left most of their games behind the counter. Big Lots buy other companies old stock so maybe they just got burnt because they buy crap games at bad prices.

Big Lots got a new CEO last year, so maybe this is a way of clearing out old inventory for new inventory.

So I just got back from my 80 mile round-trip Big Lots run.  Today I went to these locations:

200 Serra Way Suite 1
Milpitas, CA 95035

1523 Parkmoor Ave
San Jose, CA 95128

1832 Hillsdale Avenue
San Jose, CA 95124

1581 West Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008

3735 El Camino Road
Santa Clara, CA 95051

And on my way home I decided to stop at the Newark, CA location again (I mentioned in an earlier post that I checked out the Newark, CA and Redwood City, CA locations)

This time I asked and one of the cashiers opened up a drawer behind the register; they must've had close to 2 dozen sealed games in there, none of which were on the shelves.

As a fellow CAG stated, for those of you still hunting for Big Lots deals, insist on checking the games behind the register at every Big Lots you visit.

Unfortunately I don't have much to report because I didn't check behind the register at any of the other (5) Big Lots stores I visited today.  Aside from any potential games behind the register, most stores were picked clean.

Picked up Minute To Win It for $2 so I can laugh at Gay Fatty. I'm fairly certain that how his name is pronounced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CDGzX_L0G8

I now understand why most if not all 360 games have at least one security sticker. I brought up a few games to the cashier just to verify that they were on clearance and the cashier pointed out to me that the PS3 Batman Arkham City GotY I had was empty by opening the side of the case. I was bummed out by that. This store also had all their games out on the floor because they no longer had games for the empty boxes I brought up. I still did manage to get Mass Effect 3 (360), Top Spin 4 (360), Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock (360) and Resident Evil 4 (Wii) for just over $10. I decided to try my luck at another Big Lots and was only greeted with a handful of that Ben 10 racing game for the DS.

I just got back from two and both places had the coupons just taped to their cash register and they scanned that each time.
Culver City was a bust. I did see a refurbished Kinect for sale though. It had an $88 price tag on it. If it falls in the 75% stuff, today you can get it for under $20 if anyone wanted one.
At the West LA BL, I bought the games that weren't ringing up right the last time I was there. Walked out with NCAA Football 13, Aragorn's Quest, Mass Effect 3, Binary Domain (another copy because I forgot I already grabbed it), and Saints Row 3
Now I know what cag is stealing all the fun from me. Let a nigga get some of the pie!

I'll be checking the biglots in Torrance/ Gardena 2morrow.

Today My big lots had a extra 20 percent off everything and i picked up shinobi, splitter cell, and cubix ninja for 75 percent off plus i got 20 percent off my whole order, so they where almost free. Pretty happy

Yeah, these were priced $10 and marked with the red star. It was this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291091485186?lpid=82. I think there was a Mario one too.
My store has a bunch of these cases but no red star on the tag. They were not in the game section though, they were with the computer accessories.

If they ring up $2 each, I might grab one for myself and a few for others if anyone is interested. I remember Donkey Kong and maybe a Mario but most were plain.

Now I know what cag is stealing all the fun from me. Let a nigga get some of the pie!

I'll be checking the biglots in Torrance/ Gardena 2morrow.
You can look through the last 10 pages of this thread. I've probably told people to go to the West LA location at least 7 times. You've been lagging, son! But they still have a decent amount of stuff. Just nothing too stand out other than the 5 Skylanders bundles left in the case.

You can look through the last 10 pages of this thread. I've probably told people to go to the West LA location at least 7 times. You've been lagging, son! But they still have a decent amount of stuff. Just nothing too stand out other than the 5 Skylanders bundles left in the case.
Well, I haven't really check this thread in 2 days. So yeah, I've been lagging it. I'll try to check out west la location out 2morrow if I get the chance.

My store has a bunch of these cases but no red star on the tag. They were not in the game section though, they were with the computer accessories.

If they ring up $2 each, I might grab one for myself and a few for others if anyone is interested. I remember Donkey Kong and maybe a Mario but most were plain.
I would go back to get the rest, but unfortunately that BL was out of the way for me and I won't be back out that way again until Friday.

Brought the 11 games that I bought a few days ago back today. I saw the cashier asking people if they had a 20% off coupon. Most said no, it was ok because she had plenty of extra 20% off coupons.

I was able to return and repurchase with the coupon I picked up some other household items, but I saved about $11 with that coupon today.

It was a pretty big giveaway because the 20% off coupon sign Sunday only was outside at parking lots.

Went by the local store to see if there was anything left and the shelf with the games had Ben 10 for ds, sing it for Wii, and Tony hawk shred/ sing it for ps3.

Then I venture over to the lock cases where they have some random tablets and mini laptops. Saw some goldeneye 007 collectors editions w/ controller and the wireless steering wheel for 360.

I asked one of the associates to scan and the steering wheel wasn't on clearance but goldeneye was! $6 for the set after 75% off and 20% off today so I grabbed a couple sets. If anyone wants to trade for/buy one pm me

Yay for living in Orange County. 

I was too lazy to go to Big Lots. :lol: Mainly because I wasn't really in the mood for driving unless I was going to a place nearby.

Returned and rebought some of the stuff I bought before, like the Wii Party with Wii Remote, Yakuza Dead Souls, and Shinobi. Saw a Halo Wars that wasn't there before and grabbed it. Paid a decent amount, but got way more than a decent amount of stuff.

If anyone is looking for or interested in the following hit me up:

Shinobi
Cubic Ninja
Splinter Cell 3D
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

bread's done
Back