30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for gits and shiggles since I had a 5/15 expiring tomorrow.

Found
Left4Dead for Xbox360 - $1.88
Resident Evil Wii gun set - $1.20

That store is done for me now. Asked again about price adjustment (was different sales associate) and was told 7 days again. So definitely YMMV on luck with those.

To those people saying they had nothing left.. Make sure you're checking behind the CS counters. Went yesterday afternoon and asked the lady if I could see them and she said "there's nothing left *smirk*" so I said to check again and she said "well look but as far as I know they're all gone.. *smirk*"..

She then opened them up and hallelujah.. Bunch of games were still left..

Got:
x2 Dirt 3 for ps3 (easy flip to gs $9)
x2 Gta IV liberty city stories
Arkham City GOTY
Lego Harry Potter 1-4 (This one was $1 lol)
Bejeweled 3
Wwe 12
Band Hero
Army of Two the 40th Day
Ufc 3
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Wireless speed wheel
.. Some others can't remember

No 3ds games around me :/

Still have 2 more big lots to go to though, will post my finds :D

Oh also, the wireless speed wheel for the 360 was clearanced out last time the 75% was going on, came out to like $8. Weird thing is though that when they were trying to scan it, it wouldn't come up so they had to look up the sku manually and enter it. So maybe that had to do with the price coming up correctly? Not sure but going in today for a price adjustment.
This same thing happened to me. Actually, it was sort of odd...I went to get Mass Effect 3, Midway Arcade, and Anarchy Reigns, but they all were empty boxes to be obtained behind the register. The cashier scrambled around a bit and said none of those they had in stock, so I asked to see what they did have. It happened they did actually have Midway Arcade, but none of the others. HOWEVER! I ended up scoring Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Liberty City Stories, and Plants vs. Zombies DS with the slipcover.

So yeah, ask to check behind the counter. You might score some treasures for very cheap.

Thanks for posting this. I asked for a price adjustment on my two transactions, cashier hit a couple buttons and I got back $35. Definitely the way to go.
It apparently doesn't work that way. I asked about it and it was processed as a return and repurchase. The lady told me that they don't do that but she helped me anyway and I got $6 back.

Don't listen to what the sales associate tells you in regards to a return/price adjustment. The last date for it is written on the receipt. Mine gives me a full 30 days. If they argue with you, show them the date on the receipt.

Price adjusted easily today. Got a rude lady who didn't want to do it, she was just the kind of person who didn't want to do her job it seemed, called her manager over & the manager did it happily. Only found one receipt so I just got $29 back, but I really ain't complaining.

My store is still very well stocked, didn't have time to go buy it out. Going back tomorrow.

Picked up another copy of:
Professor Layton
Mass Effect 3
Dead Space 2
Lego Star Wars 3
Mario Galaxy
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
Left 4 Dead GOTY
Street Fighter 3DS

Still looking for the goldeneye bundle, & the RE gun bundle. If there's something you want that's not on this list & you're willing to trade let me know. My store probably still has it. Just no bundles.

Thanks for the heads up whoever posted the deal! Got a lot of gifts through this, & tons of games for myself

If someone has a GoldenEye bundle they want to get rid of for a reasonable price pm me.

^the store by me still had like 10 of those RE gun bundles today for $1.20 after discount. I bought one and it's really not that great. The thumb grip was the highlight for me lol.

^the store by me still had like 10 of those RE gun bundles today for $1.20 after discount. I bought one and it's really not that great. The thumb grip was the highlight for me lol.
I don't have any accessories for my wii-mote, & I'm a bit of a RE nut so I don't mind so much about that. Mostly just want it 'cuz it's an RE item lol, & I wanted a gun anyway so it's a win win for me. Even if it sucks, heh.

i wish i saw this thread earlier, i passed by two stores on my way home today :cry: Hopefully they have something decent still.

Got a price adjustment today, for a purchase a few weeks ago, without a hitch.  I took in just the receipt and asked about a price adjustment on something that had dropped in price since I bought it.  Woman called the manager up, she scanned the receipt, hit a few keys and had me swipe my credit card.  It was only a $7.50 adjustment, but that's practically a free lunch.

I walked around and this store had a few of the wireless wheels, but they weren't red starred and I had heard that those were a YMMV markdown, so I didn't bother.

Swear this is my last post here. XD I'm probably done. Got a great haul yesterday. Had a lot of fun with this deal, almost as fun as the circuit city $5 deal. Thanks again OP, & the recent discount OP.

And before anyone says anything: I left a lot, not just shovel ware. Wanted someone else to get in on the deal.
Just looking for trades for these right now.
Nintendo DS, Wii, 3DS
The four games in the bottom left corner (lego & spiderman) are gifts, bottom right wii game is mine.
[attachment=3868:image.jpg]
PS3
Top games & Battlefied are mine/gifts. Might still trade battlefield.
[attachment=3869:image.jpg]
Top games mine, except MK vs. DC
[attachment=3870:image.jpg]

The Cherry Hill, NJ store still has a bunch of sealed $1.88 games on the rack, presumably because they haven't been red-starred:

:360:
GTA 4
Dead Space 2
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Need For Speed: The Run
WWE 13
Skate 3
Shadowrun
Top Spin 4
Bejeweled 3

:ps3:
Battlefield 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dirt 3
Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete
NCAA Football 13

Picked up the last copies of Hitman Absolution and MK Complete.

Went back to my local BL. It was very very picked through but I left with:

:360: Midway Arcade Origins - $1.88

:360: Red Faction: Armageddon - $1.00

:wii: You Don't Know Jack - $1.00

:wii: Minute To Win It - $1.00

They had several 360 COD4 Platinum Edition, WWE12, Midnight Club: LA Complete, all for $1. Have those games already though.

Edit: Forgot to mention, on my previous trip I bought a game via display box which then was retrieved from behind the counter. This time I asked if they had anything else behind the counter. The woman helping me let me behind the counter and they had a big drawer for each of the consoles, 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, probably others too. She opened the drawers and let me dig through them as I pleased. Very helpful. Don't forget to ask if they have anything behind the counters.

Very jealous of you guys still finding stuff. If only BL would make this their business model where they got stuff, did their best to sell it then every six months clearanced out the games and let us go hog wild before starting all over again.

Does anyone know if these sales are final? Picked up x2 copies of GTA IV liberty city stories thinking they were the complete editions. They're still sealed, would I have a hard time returning them?

Does anyone know if these sales are final? Picked up x2 copies of GTA IV liberty city stories thinking they were the complete editions. They're still sealed, would I have a hard time returning them?

I don't see why not. What did they cost you in the end though, $1.50?

Okay, how do I go about getting a price adjustment? I took my receipts from the beginning of the month to my local Big Lots and the cashier wouldn't even look at it :c She told me that they don't do price adjustments otherwise people would be coming back all the time for clearance/sales adjustments. Another employee chimed in and said that at the last location she worked at, adjusting the receipt would get you in trouble. One of the other ladies (manager?) working there said something about not even being able to do a return/rebuy (I didn't bring it up).

How were you guys able to get them to just scan your receipt and hit a few buttons? They don't seem to have any kind of official policy concerning this. -.- I'd probably get at least $15 back.

Sounds like you dealt with a bunch of people who were A) not very good at their job, and B) idiots.

Before bringing up anything, just ask to speak to a manager. Nicely tell them that you recently purchased these games but found out they've recently gone down in price, and would like to get a price adjustment.

They have a system in place for this. The three times I did it, they simply scanned the receipt, and it showed the difference in the current price. All they have to do is hit ok or whatever and (as long as this is within 30 days of the original purchase date) it will automatically refund you the difference.

Sounds like you dealt with a bunch of people who were A) not very good at their job, and B) idiots.

Before bringing up anything, just ask to speak to a manager. Nicely tell them that you recently purchased these games but found out they've recently gone down in price, and would like to get a price adjustment.

They have a system in place for this. The three times I did it, they simply scanned the receipt, and it showed the difference in the current price. All they have to do is hit ok or whatever and (as long as this is within 30 days of the original purchase date) it will automatically refund you the difference.

Exactly. Couldn't be any easier. I went to a store to return some games I didn't want, got them at 50% and felt I spent too much, would never play. As I was about to return them to get around $11 back, I asked if they were cheaper now, as if the price was low enough I'd just keep them. In the end they refused me $7 and I ended up paying $1 a game for them. Screw it, I kept them.

Okay, how do I go about getting a price adjustment? I took my receipts from the beginning of the month to my local Big Lots and the cashier wouldn't even look at it :c She told me that they don't do price adjustments otherwise people would be coming back all the time for clearance/sales adjustments. Another employee chimed in and said that at the last location she worked at, adjusting the receipt would get you in trouble. One of the other ladies (manager?) working there said something about not even being able to do a return/rebuy (I didn't bring it up).

How were you guys able to get them to just scan your receipt and hit a few buttons? They don't seem to have any kind of official policy concerning this. -.- I'd probably get at least $15 back.
Like I posted, it's not an actual price adjustment. It's returning and rebuying. Ask them to do that. They should be able to do it with the codes on the receipt.

If anyone is willing I am looking for a few games. Already have a pending trade with one member but still missing a few games...

Midwway Arcade
Bulletstorm
Arkham City
Saints Row 3
Dead Island (high want)
Yakuza (high want)
Binary Domain

I can trade, pay for, offer club nintendo codes, etc.

Like I posted, it's not an actual price adjustment. It's returning and rebuying. Ask them to do that. They should be able to do it with the codes on the receipt.
It's a price adjustment option on the checkout page. I saw it on the computer when she was doing it.

Funny thing is that she was like "for sure for sure it's not going to go through." this is the same lady that told me there were no games left like last week..

She rang it up, there's an option that says "pricing" then "price adjustment" and then all they have to do is scan your receipt and the system will automatically adjust the prices that have changed.

Btw the location in Cerritos was virtually untouched a couple weeks ago, ask to check in the drawers behind the counter if you're in the area.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post... how do I delete this? (sorry I'm new xD )
No big deal! Glad to hear everything worked out! :D

I'll bite. Why 5...?
Yo i know this is late
but yea i bought Five because one was for me
whee%21113.gif
and also cuz with the Wii :wiiu: selling horribly the og Wii :wii: is still really popular and Official classic pro controllers are still quite expensive(for being basic controllers) and getting hard to find in stores
Ex. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Black-Wii/14220362

Plus its GOLDEN BABY!! Everyone will want one! and its CLASSIC GOLENEYE game revamped and is one of better fps multilayer on wii!
Imma flip them for big profit!! :D/

While out of town for a wedding this weekend, I stopped at a Big Lots by our hotel and managed to find a Deal or No Deal DS gift set (game plus plastic briefcase DS holder) for .80 and Disney Sing It! Pop Hits bundle :wii: for $2.  Nothing stellar, but perfect for my oldest daughter's 9th birthday that's coming up next month.

Went in tonight and bought the last two copies of Michael Phelps and a copy of Deepak Chopra's Leela for 360 Kinect and a standalone copy of Disney: Sing It for PS3 for $4 total. Those were the last games in the store. Would love to trade away the Michael Phelps games for anything I can get my hands on, but they might end up getting traded to Walmart along with Disney. I was actually hoping to find Leela since I passed it up at $3, so I was amped about that, believe it or not.

While out of town for a wedding this weekend, I stopped at a Big Lots by our hotel and managed to find a Deal or No Deal DS gift set (game plus plastic briefcase DS holder) for .80 and Disney Sing It! Pop Hits bundle :wii: for $2. Nothing stellar, but perfect for my oldest daughter's 9th birthday that's coming up next month.
Wow, you must really hate your daughter. ;)

Got DJ Hero 2 the other day for $1.  It'll go nice with the free turntable I got at GS. (someone brought in the game and table to trade, and they had stopped taking the tables a long time before, so they gave it to me in lieu of throwing it away)

I bet there a numerous stores still full of games in sleepy towns.

We just gotta find them. The next town over from me is a military town with a Big Lots if it wasn't a 40 min drive I'd hit it up.

I got lucky and found a 3DS Samurai hidden in the DVDs, but aside from that, totally picked clean.  Another one had about 7 really rubbish titles that wasn't worth $1 or however cheap.  

I was out of town over the weekend and found a PS2 Jurassic the Hunted for $1.01 after tax.

It was kind of funny when the woman rung me up and mentioned I could tell friends I got a game for less than a dollar, considering I got a 360 game for $.01 at Gamestop the day before, and ended up getting a PS2 game for $.00 at GS the next day.

bread's done
Back