30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have everything I bought unopened. Hoping to get a price adjustment if/when they do get cheaper.
Here's to hoping they'll give you and anyone else with unopened games a price adjustment should the 75% off sale happen. I really don't know the store policy concerning price adjustments for said items.

Here's to hoping they'll give you and anyone else with unopened games a price adjustment should the 75% off sale happen. I really don't know the store policy concerning price adjustments for said items.
Neither do I, that's why I didn't buy anything that was more than $5 to begin with. I'm ok with $5. : P

Here's some news.

I went to three BL stores in Upstate NY. 2 of them didn't have any games at all. The third, in Troy, NY said they could no longer sell the remaining games and the rest had to be shipped back to HQ.

My store is still at 50%. A coworker returned a copy of Shinobi she had purchased for her son, so I grabbed it for myself since I've seen everybody talking about it on this thread. $4.33

Here's some news.

I went to three BL stores in Upstate NY. 2 of them didn't have any games at all. The third, in Troy, NY said they could no longer sell the remaining games and the rest had to be shipped back to HQ.
Thaaaaaat's weird. Does that mean 75% is never going to happen? D :

Well, if you returned a sealed game, unless they have some weird policy of returning it to a distributor or something, in theory it would just go right back to being on the shelf. Then you would just re-purchase it. I don't really think there'd be a problem in that respect. If the game was open, you're probably out of luck.

Well, if you returned a sealed game, unless they have some weird policy of returning it to a distributor or something, in theory it would just go right back to being on the shelf. Then you would just re-purchase it. I don't really think there'd be a problem in that respect. If the game was open, you're probably out of luck.
That's true, the only real "concern" would be whether or not the 75% off sale is going to happen. Hopefully it does, then maybe I can get a couple games I passed up for a cheaper price.

Now I'm thinking that it was meant to start this week, but it got pulled for returning merchandise back to a warehouse so it might not even happen. That sucks.

Thaaaaaat's weird. Does that mean 75% is never going to happen? D :
That's what I'm worried about. The store in question is on Hoosick Street in Troy, NY. They still have a box of games under the counter at the front desk.

They also received a new shipment of Xbox 360 motion steering wheels. They rang up at full price. $18.

I just left biglots in Torrance Ca, they have a little games left nothing really good. I did grab hitman absolute for $6 and shinobi (cause I saw people mentioning it on here) for $5. A little kids mom jacked my Mario ds :/

Nice game plan on not picking up anything over $5. If they won't do the price adjustment during a possible 75% off hopefully you can flip them for some decent trade or cash.
I paid $10.50 for professor Layton and the unwound future and $7 for rayman and Shinobi.

I don´t regret paying the Little extra. Had I waited any longer for the other discount Rayman would have been gone and same with Professor Layton. There was only one copy of Professor Layton after mine and I got the last Rayman 3D.

No idea of Big Lots policy. But Wal-mart and Target have given me problems doing exactly this. Target manager was extremely idiotic in even trying to prevent me from going to the back and getting another copy of the item (of which they had plenty). Yes, that one was probably just an isolated case of an assistant manager being douche - but retailers seem to get suspicious of anything involving a "return/rebuy".

The Target guy would not hand me back the item to re-buy it at the lower price, said it was due to "loss prevention" that it had to be held at customer service (which is similar to the explanations that Wal-Mart gives, so maybe that part of it had some validity). I said no big deal, I'll just check in the back - and I wasn't even being rude or anything. Then when I brought a new copy up to the desk, he was there waiting and tried to tell the CSR to not ring me up. I was in total disbelief. I said "you do realize I can walk into any Target and buy this right... or better yet I can walk right next door to Best Buy and price match it?". Which is what I really should have done... but after realizing his failure of logic he just said "just go ahead".

Checked out a second location in my neck of the woods, nothing much left besides a crap load of Splinter Cell 3D and Cubic Ninja. I did snag the last copy of Professor Layton and The Unwound Future for like $7.50 though. One more left to check, but it's on the other side of town and I don't have much reason to travel that far even if there's a chance the holy grail of finds....Spirit Tracks....may be out there....which I doubt it would be.

No idea of Big Lots policy. But Wal-mart and Target have given me problems doing exactly this. Target manager was extremely idiotic in even trying to prevent me from going to the back and getting another copy of the item (of which they had plenty). Yes, that one was probably just an isolated case of an assistant manager being douche - but retailers seem to get suspicious of anything involving a "return/rebuy".

The Target guy would not hand me back the item to re-buy it at the lower price, said it was due to "loss prevention" that it had to be held at customer service (which is similar to the explanations that Wal-Mart gives, so maybe that part of it had some validity). I said no big deal, I'll just check in the back - and I wasn't even being rude or anything. Then when I brought a new copy up to the desk, he was there waiting and tried to tell the CSR to not ring me up. I was in total disbelief. I said "you do realize I can walk into any Target and buy this right... or better yet I can walk right next door to Best Buy and price match it?". Which is what I really should have done... but after realizing his failure of logic he just said "just go ahead".
I work at Toys R Us, so I'm not much help towards those situations, but it does make some sense. I know from past experiences that if a certain retailer has a high shrink rate (as in, items continue to go missing/assumed to be stolen, etc), they'll start putting more extreme practices in place, including having a manager review all returns/refunds. That situation might actually be valid. Why they prevented you from buying a different copy of the same item though, I have no idea. *sigh* It's a shame that you have managers like that in retail, but you have customers who are just as bad (if not worse), so I really can't blame them for their attitudes sometimes.

I just left biglots in Torrance Ca, they have a little games left nothing really good. I did grab hitman absolute for $6 and shinobi (cause I saw people mentioning it on here) for $5. A little kids mom jacked my Mario ds :/
Glad I didn't make the drive from Manhattan Beach.

Let's all remember that this talk of 75% off came from a conversation a CAG had with an unreliable Big Lots employee. I think it's pretty safe to say it's not happening.
(cue the 75% off markdown)

Let's all remember that this talk of 75% off came from a conversation a CAG had with an unreliable Big Lots employee. I think it's pretty safe to say it's not happening.
(cue the 75% off markdown)
It was an unreliable Big Lots manager who couldn't spot a simple mathematical error (or just didn't care) at a store that had a 75%off sign instead of a 50% off sign. Lol, I'm not sure if that makes any difference at all though. Someone else posted that they spoke to an employee that said the something like the 75% should be coming, but who knows.

But if some stores are selling out of stock at 50% off, and some stores are sending back unsold merchandise, then I don't understand why they would also drop prices down to 75% off (please cue the 75% markdown today based on my reverse psychology). :pray:

:pray: CAG Gods, please give us our crappy Kinect shovelware and shit movie tie-in games for dollar store prices. We want our embarrassing backlogs to grow and be even more embarrassing. Amen. :pray:

Edit: It was bugging me why ViolentLee's profile picture looked so familiar. Every time I saw it, I though "I know that dude from somewhere." It must have been because I saw you on Attack of the Show a long while back. :shock: I hardly ever missed a single episode. I've always wondered what it would be like to do The Loop live. I just watched a video online from 2006 and you did a really great job.

Clifton Park, NY store still has plenty of games. Was there tonight. %50 off on all titles. Saw Arkham City, GTA IV: Episodes, Luchadores, Legends of Wrestlemania and a number of other titles.  More PS3 games than Xbox 360.  Most of the DS stuff was shovelware. There were still copies of Splinter Cell and Shinobi for Nintendo 3DS. 

It was an unreliable Big Lots manager who couldn't spot a simple mathematical error (or just didn't care) at a store that had a 75%off sign instead of a 50% off sign. Lol, I'm not sure if that makes any difference at all though. Someone else posted that they spoke to an employee that said the something like the 75% should be coming, but who knows.

But if some stores are selling out of stock at 50% off, and some stores are sending back unsold merchandise, then I don't understand why they would also drop prices down to 75% off (please cue the 75% markdown today based on my reverse psychology). :pray:

:pray: CAG Gods, please give us our crappy Kinect shovelware and shit movie tie-in games for dollar store prices. We want our embarrassing backlogs to grow and be even more embarrassing. Amen. :pray:

Edit: It was bugging me why ViolentLee's profile picture looked so familiar. Every time I saw it, I though "I know that dude from somewhere." It must have been because I saw you on Attack of the Show a long while back. :shock: I hardly ever missed a single episode. I've always wondered what it would be like to do The Loop live. I just watched a video online from 2006 and you did a really great job.
Thank you for posting that edit at the bottom. G4TV was one of the best channels around. I remember watching Attack of the Show after school. They always had the honeys on there. Man oh man. It was informative, and who doesn't love Adam Sessler. Great journalist. My friend from work was asking me about that channel, and I told him that they canceled the channel and shows. :( I honestly think the birth of connected devices killed that show because now you can instantly go online from your phone/tablet etc and get that information so much faster than waiting around for one of those shows. Enough of that though, I'll keep my memories alive of that channel.

I just called (YES, I CALLED) and had them punch in a UPC from a game I bought earlier and it still rang up as 50% off.

Others can try this as well to confirm.

I cleaned the Aston, PA store out last week, then hit the Conshohocken/Norristown store last Thurs. Conshy was pretty much cleaned out but they had a lot of $5 Disney DS games.

Gonna hit Cherry Hill NJ and Wilmington DE soon.

I cleaned the Aston, PA store out last week, then hit the Conshohocken/Norristown store last Thurs. Conshy was pretty much cleaned out but they had a lot of $5 Disney DS games.
Gonna hit Cherry Hill NJ and Wilmington DE soon.
'Cleaned out'...?

I grabbed a couple from there (Aston, PA store) around that same time.... Dirt 3 and UFC Undisputed 3.  Guessing you picked up that last copy of NFS Shift 2 I was debating on.  Oh well, would've gotten it for 75% if it happened to go that low.

Psh. I was in an episode of Attack of the Show too but no one ever recognized ol' Brashy! Racism, I tell you!

Well... R.I.P video games at all my local Big Lots. As of last night, all former video game sections (shelves) are now non-exsistant and have now replaced by with a different category of items.

I only went to one but didn't bother wasting gas to check out the others. The lady there told me everything was basically gone over a week ago at all stores. She saved me from a big trip.

So glad I was able to get in on this a month ago. I'm happy with what I found except for not being able to find Rayman 3D and Golden Sun DS, which a few were able to find at theirs, lol.

Anyone who wants some games, I suggest you go now! I wouldn't bother waiting for that 75% off sale! :rofl:

Well, I'm going to assume that if 75% doesn't hit this coming week that 50% is as low as they're going to go.  We are going on week 4 here of 50% off so it's safe to say they will probably just send what doesn't eventually sell back to the manufacturer as others had said.

Heads up, look around, if the game rack is gone, they might've moved what little was left. The one I was at yesterday moved theirs to what seemed to be a catch all section of random crap in one of the aisles.

Sorry Micheal Phelps, Sorry Puss in Boots, Sorry Guy Fieri, and Sorry cast of High School Musical 3. For $2.50 I would bought you all. Now you'll just rot forever.

spiderman_crying.gif

I picked up Yakuza Dead Souls for five dollars. I happen to come across the store as I was going to a local market. Totally forgot Big Lots was there. (Apparently other people did as well)

I was tempted to grab Gabrielle's Ghostly Grove for 3DS but I passed.

http://imgur.com/a/qNHwU

Signs taken down and games moved to behind registers at my local Big Lots as well.  Went ahead and grabbed a few $5 3DS games that I was holding off on until 75%.  Good luck, everyone :/

I grabbed a couple from there (Aston, PA store) around that same time.... Dirt 3 and UFC Undisputed 3. Guessing you picked up that last copy of NFS Shift 2 I was debating on. Oh well, would've gotten it for 75% if it happened to go that low.
No didn't get those.

Got all the Dragon Age, Hitman, Ruse, Binary Domain, Lego Harry Potter and a GTA Episodes for myself.

Just bought a bunch of cheap 3DS games at my local Big Lots :

_Splinter Cell 3D $2.5

_Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $4.5

_Cubic Ninja $2.5

_Shinobi $2.5

_Hollywood Crimes $2.5

_Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D $2.5
Someone just posted this in the cheap 3ds sale thread. Did 75% finally hit? Can anyone confirm?

First time I went to a big lots since the mention of a clearance...

Saw a handful of DS, 3DS, and Xbox games. No PS3 left whatsoever. I can confirm 75% off works automatically as well. I picked just one 3DS title, Shinobi, for $2.50. They had many more 3DS titles, but I'm over buying 'cheap' games, I bought so many throughout the years, some that are now ten years old are still factory sealed. Not interested in Splinter Cell since it's a port, and Ghost Recon is a turn based strat gme, not my cup of tea.

bread's done
Back