30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped at one I didn't even know what there until a week ago on my way home from work yesterday. Snagged Tetris Axis (3DS), Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (NDS) and Adidas miCoach for myself. Snagged another copy of Indiana Jones, Green Lantern (3DS) and Sonic Colors (Wii) for my nephew as it is his b-day today and Big Lots decided to make it easy for me.

Bah.  75% only started at my local BL yesterday and by the time I got off from work it was all empty.  Only one last copy of Supremacy MMA.  LOL.  So I left it.  They said in the morning some guy bought most of everything they had left.  I'm glad I bought the better stuff at 50% in case of an El Hoardo.  Hope you enjoy those multiple copies of Michael Phelps bro!

Not a total loss for me though, managed to pick up last 2 windshield wiper blades for my vintage Honda for only $1.25 a piece after the 75% off.

They seem to have a system in place for actual price adjustments, didn't have to do a return/buyback. Simply told the manager I recently bought these and have noticed they're even cheaper now, so he scanned my receipts and the computer compared the purchase price to the current price and he was like "ok, so I owe you $16.05" and I said "perfect, thank you."
Thank you so very much. Plan to do the same today.

Does anyone know if they can't look up receipts by your Buzz card? I recently returned the wireless racing wheel for Majong and Pirates of the Caribbean. It wouldn't make that much of a difference since those games were $5/$4 a piece, but this is CAG after all.

Looks like only the locked games are left. About 5 Skylanders 3DS bundles, a bunch of sing stars, Active 2 for the PS3 and a handful of Big Game Hunters.

Edit. Scratch that. Anyone near West LA I suggest that Big Lots. Holy cow. I bought 70 bucks worth of stuff and they're still stocked. Oddly enough tho, Mass Effect 3 rang up at full price and Dead Island was only 25 percent off.

Edit #2: I posted those last two while in store so here's a more comprehensive post. I know someone posted the other day that the West LA location (on Sepulveda and National) was dry. They didn't look in the right place. They have nearly the same selection of games that they had a month ago, minus nearly all of the 3/DS games. They're spilling over with 360 games and a handful of PS3 and Wii games. They're all just in buckets at each register. 

Behind the glass they had numerous copies of everything shown plus a few 360 racing wheel controllers.

k825YHA.jpg

My haul was as followed:

:360: Big Game Hunter: Hunting Party (with gun) - $3.75
:360: Binary Domain - $2.50
:360: Hunted Demon's Forge - (apparently not charged. Woops)
:360: Lost Planet: Colonies Edition - $4.72
:360: Army of Two 40th Day - $4.72

:ps3: Dead Island GOTY - $4.72
:ps3: Red Faction Armageddon - $3.22
:ps3: Yakuza Dark Souls - $4.72

:3ds: Skylanders Starter Kits - $10.00 (x2)

Also, Pop Tarts are only 2 BUCKS for a box of 12. Can't beat that. Bought 2. Those peanut butter ones are so good. 

There was a lady who saw me walking around with my arms full of games and asked about it. She ended up joining me in buying a copy of Skylanders for her kid. Then another lady at the register asked me about the games and bought a couple games for her son. 

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. Easiest price adjustment ever! Walked in and looked to see if they had any remaining games. The only worthwhile game was Motion Sports PS3 ($3.50 after 75% off). Then I mentioned I needed price adjustments on three of my receipts. Couldn't find the last one that two games on it. I received $53 back for the difference of everything. I'm a happy camper. I also received a birthday coupon for $10 off $30 purchase at K-mart. I brought in my previous receipt with clearance items, and the rep took care of it. Total savings $63. I was going to attempt to pick up the racing wheel at another location, but I figured I have enough games for a long time, and I would probably use it a few times. Good luck everyone!

EDIT: If anyone is concerned about the returns going back to a specific card, you can use any card you have on you. For instance, I charged some of those items with my credit card and I left it at home. So I was able to put the refund on my bank debit/credit card.

I picked up Splinter Cell from my nearby location at lunch... lost my shinobi receipt a while back, but am not sweating that since it was a while back

Mine had about 30 or so total games... lots of crap like the Phelps game, DJ Hero, High School Musical Sing it... might check another later

Gonna go to one of the stores closest to me tomorrow and see if there's anything good left. If not at least I got NFS: Hot Pursuit and Shift 2 for half off.

Hit mine and it was all 75% off. The stock was reaaaallyyy picked over. No more 3DS games or anything. I was hoping to grab Street Fighter IV :3ds: but no luck. Shinobi :3ds: was never at mine.

Picked up Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age II and Red Faction Armagedon :ps3:

Not a bad haul today stopped at an out of the way BL and left with

Wii

Goldeneye bundle X 2
Wii party bundle x 2

PS3

Lucha Libre AAA
Midway Arcade
Sega Genesis Collection

Xbox 360

Puss in Boots
Motion Sports Adrenaline
Sega Dreamcast Collection
Tiger Woods 11
NCAA Football 13
2010 FIFA WCSA
Blood Drive
Mortal Kombat Komplete
Batman AC GOTY

DS

Monsters Vs Aliens
My Little Pony
Plants Vs Zombies
Sonic Mega Collection
Hotel Transylvania
Trash Pack
Xia Xia
Barbie Jet set
Moshi Monsters
MegaMind
Hello Kitty Loving Life
Pirates OTC AWE
Disney Princess Enchanted Storybook
ISPY double pack
Monster High GS

3DS

JN Hollywood Crimes
Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove
Reel Fishing paradise 3d
Lalaloopsie

Add that to Target picking up P VS Z GW free after GC and using the $10 GC to pick up PAC man ghostly adventures on clearance for $9.xx was a good day of shopping. Helps they were right next to each other. Saw a boatload of other games Rage Fallout ME Shinobi Splinter Cell etc etc but left that for others to buy :)

The store I went to today had 3 total games. I picked up Dead Space 2 for $4.72. I left a Cars Wii game and something I don't even remember for the DS. I'm going back in 4 more weeks to get the other 2 for 100% off. I'm not interested in them, but 100% off is within my price range for any game.

:3ds:
Splinter cell 2.5
Tetris axis 3.75
50% prior sale shinobi 5

:ps3:
yakuza 4 2.5
Yakuza dead souls 1.99
Timeshift 1.99
Kane & lynch 2 dog days 1.99
Heavy rain 4.72

:360:
Hitman absolution 3.22
Dead Space 2 4.72
Binary domain 2.5
Dreamcast collection 2.5
Crackdown 2 4.72
Motion sports adrenaline 3.22
Minute 2 win it 2.5
50% prior sale mortal kombat komplete 9.44
50% prior sale Rage 5

For anyone interested, the San Juan Capistrano store has a bunch of games left, and the signage just reads "clearance," and doesn't specify the amount off, so it's not very picked over.
Lots of boxed udraw and Disney singit with mics for :ps3: left, also at least a dozen titles each for DS (including prof Layton unwound and guitar hero with adapter), Wii, 360 and Ps3... Very little left for 3ds except babyz and kittens.

Picked up

Split Second - $4.72
Hunted: Demons Forge - $4.72
Midway Arcade Origins - $4.72
Supremacy MMA - $4.72
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - $4.72

PS3
WWE 12 - $4.72
Dead Island GOTY - $4.72

3DS
Tetris Axis - $3.75

DS
TLOZ Spirt Tracks - $3.75

Still didn't find the Skylanders 3ds games. The Big Lots I went to had some stuff I hadn't seen before. They had 2 copies of Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs, 3 TLOZ Spirit Tracks, 2 Kirby yarn game for Wii, and a bunch of Professor Layton games.

Surprised the one near me still had the same games from weeks ago. Just moved to a new spot. Picked up the last 2 things I wanted Professor Layton and Shadow Wars. Thanks guys

I hit up the Pasadena (CA) Big Lots while having lunch with my gf in the area. They still have a decent selection.

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Halo Wars
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete Edition
Midway Arcade Origins
Mass Effect 3
Shadowrun
Binary Domain

Binary Domain

Shinobi

:ds:
Professor Layton

Went by the Carpentersville, IL Big Lots.  Nothing worthy of note there.  A Mass Effect 2 :ps3: was about it.  Did have two YDKJ :wii: but it's been dirt cheap elsewhere for ages.

Edit #2: I posted those last two while in store so here's a more comprehensive post. I know someone posted the other day that the West LA location (on Sepulveda and National) was dry. They didn't look in the right place. They have nearly the same selection of games that they had a month ago, minus nearly all of the 3/DS games. They're spilling over with 360 games and a handful of PS3 and Wii games. They're all just in buckets at each register.
That was me. Bucket at register? Seriously?! That's some stupid shit right there. Not mad at you of course, Brash, but the lame stocking at that store.

Went to the Culver City Big Lots earlier, as I needed trip snacks and some housewares. They had a few Supremacy MMAs, 2 Dead Space 2s, several Crackdown 2s, some Kinect stuff, and bunches of Cubic Ninja/Splinter Cell 3DS. Also some Cabella Wii game/guns and SingIt bundles for Wii and PS3.

This store now has (empty) refrigerated cases; theirs are currently at the front of the store.

I guess I'll be heading to West LA tomorrow, and look for "buckets at register." ::smh::

Amazing how many CAGs seem to live around these parts. Save some stuff for the rest of us. ;)

Had the opportunity to get a lot of good games, but only took about half with no duplicates. Thought somebody else would be happy to get some good deals! Will be posting a video soon of what I found!

I hit up two Big Lots and was surprised to actually find some decent stuff left. For any Pittsburgh CAGs I got all these at the Penn Hills one.  The Monvreville store only had Halo 3.  I picked up

Fallout 3 GOTY $4.72

Dirt 3 $4.72

Generic move controller charging station $2.00

:wii:

Sonic Colors $4.72

Cubic Ninja $2.50

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $4.72

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $3.75

I got the last Fallout, Dirt and Sonic.  There were still a couple copies of PLatUF and saw some Binary Domain's.  Everything else was pretty much shovelware.

Also found some good non video game stuff

Cordless power screwdriver $2.50

Surge protector $3

18" velcro strips $0.50 (need these for the pedal board I'm going to make)

Looks like only the locked games are left. About 5 Skylanders 3DS bundles, a bunch of sing stars, Active 2 for the PS3 and a handful of Big Game Hunters.

Edit. Scratch that. Anyone near West LA I suggest that Big Lots. Holy cow. I bought 70 bucks worth of stuff and they're still stocked. Oddly enough tho, Mass Effect 3 rang up at full price and Dead Island was only 25 percent off.

Behind the glass they had numerous copies of everything shown plus a few 360 racing wheel controllers.

k825YHA.jpg

My haul was as followed:

:360: Big Game Hunter: Hunting Party (with gun) - $3.75
:360: Binary Domain - $2.50
:360: Hunted Demon's Forge - (apparently not charged. Woops)
:360: Lost Planet: Colonies Edition - $4.72
:360: Army of Two 40th Day - $4.72

:ps3: Dead Island GOTY - $4.72
:ps3: Red Faction Armageddon - $3.22
:ps3: Yakuza Dark Souls - $4.72

:3ds: Skylanders Starter Kits - $10.00 (x2)

Also, Pop Tarts are only 2 BUCKS for a box of 12. Can't beat that. Bought 2. Those peanut butter ones are so good.

There was a lady who saw me walking around with my arms full of games and asked about it. She ended up joining me in buying a copy of Skylanders for her kid. Then another lady at the register asked me about the games and bought a couple games for her son.
U must be in a good location or something because I never seen that in any of the Big lots in my area. Would have like Skylanders and

that Top Gun 360 game.

My two stores were cleaned out.

I picked up dead island Goty $5

PS3 U drew tablet $2.50 (Can this be used on PC????)

Not game related, but the perfect situp is on clearance for $5 for anyone that like working out and keep fit.

Most of the good stuff was wiped out, and I took a gutted Midway Arcade Origins ps3 game up to find there weren't any copies in the locked case...but I did grab Cubic Ninja and Shinobi for 3DS for $2.50 a piece, so not bad...

One of the stores also had almost all of their dvds on clearance in a complicated 5 or 6 tier "percentage off is based on price sticker color" system.

The local store was cleaned out well before 75% off hit, even the crappy 3rd party PS3 controllers (of which there were about 15) were completely gone.

I might stop in to check out the DVD clearance, I've found some interesting stuff there before like Star Trek the animated series.

Went back to a BL i went to earlier and grabbed some more things. The damn lady that was there for morning shift was telling me all the games behind the counter were dupes of what was on the racks. It was such bs.

Grabbed

3ds
Super Street Fighter IV 3d edition x2

DS
Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs
TLOZ Spirit Tracks x2

PS3
Tekken 6
UFC Undisputed 3

Well here is my complete haul in pictures. Everything I bought during 30%, 50%, and 75% off.

I guess I'll be heading to West LA tomorrow, and look for "buckets at register." ::smh::
Amazing how many CAGs seem to live around these parts. Save some stuff for the rest of us. ;)
SoCal CAGs unite!!! :)
I can probably muster up one more BL raid tomorrow. Then I'm pretty much out of the game until the weekend, as it is, I'm quite happy with my haul.

I was able to return/rebuy without too much trouble - they were also able to do 2 different returns all in one transaction, which was awesome. I also bought Plants vs. Zombies and Hollywood Crimes while I was there. Almost every PS3 and XBOX 360 game had been bought from the list I posted originally - only things I saw that might be decent were Bulletstorm and F1 2010, both for PS3. I don't own one (nor plan to purchase one), so I passed on those. They still had a copy of Shinobi, Plants vs. Zombies, and Lego Chima Laval's Journey. And plenty of Cubic Ninja and Splinter Cell, of course.

Plants vs. Zombies - $4.72

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $7.50 (during 50% off - was perfectly happy paying that price for it)

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - $4.72

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes - $2.50

Mahjong Cub3d - $2.50

Shinboi - $2.50

What was really bizarre was what the store recently got in stock (at least, they weren't there about a week or so ago when I last was in the store). They had ~6 copies of the following:

:wii: Cabela's Survival Shadows of Katmai - $3.75

shadowsof_k_wiifinal.jpg

:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunting Party - $6.25

BGH-Hunting-Party-Box-Art.jpg

If I had a Kinect for my 360, I'd grab one, but I don't.

Ok, going to make the trip across down to check out mine tomorrow. Don't have high expectations, but we shall see. Mostly just hoping for Layton + Spirit Tracks. If I find any extras, I'll snag them to trade/sell for price + shipping to CAGers.

Ok, going to make the trip across down to check out mine tomorrow. Don't have high expectations, but we shall see. Mostly just hoping for Layton + Spirit Tracks. If I find any extras, I'll snag them to trade/sell for price + shipping to CAGers.
If you happen to get an extra Spirit Tracks but no Layton, I'll trade you.

Anybody looking to trade for Tetris Axis and/or Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition? I'm going to return those two tomorrow. Wanted to see if anybody wanted them before I do.

edit - Gone

I went in one tonight for the first time(hadn't hit the sale yet at all anywhere) and was surprised at the decent selection.

I only picked up a uDraw PS3 tablet($2.66 after tax) since the other stuff I would want I already have, but here's what I remember seeing:

Saints Row the Third

Battlefield 3

Dirt 3

Yakuza (the one the rest of you have been seeing)

5-6 others that didn't stick in my mind

Michael Phelps

Child of Eden(I think, whatever the Kinect game with no writing on the spine is, just stars)

several other Kinect shovelware games

Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster

probably 5-6 others

:wii:

Rock Band 3

a couple more, not near as many as 360/PS3

:ds::3ds:

A bunch of shovelware

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

probably some other decent ones, but the only ones I would consider are GRSW and SC3d, and they only had GRSW

The also had a couple Disney Sing It bundles for I think PS3, and a couple 360 wheels.

bread's done
Back