30% Off All Games at Big Lots (Now 50% Off) (Now 75% Off What is Left)

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I didn't see this posted, so I'm doing it.  My local Big Lots in Seymour, IN has red stars stamped on every video game signifying that they are 30% off.  I know that game selection varies, but I don't know if all stores are doing this or not.  I picked up Hitman Absolution XBX for $9.  I know it has been about a dollar cheaper, but that sale is over and the game sold out early anyway.  Some PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, DS, and Wii games may be found for $7 up to $13.  Some are deals and some are not.

Selection is VERY limited now. Some stores are completely sold out. Most others only have what others have rejected so far, but you may find a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of wish I lived in WesCo again now. lol Would have loved to grab ME3 and Left 4 Dead.
For some reason I always think LA County stores get hit harder so I tend to check out San Bernardino and OC when I can. Kinda wish I checked the West Covina store for the hell of it because the Covina store was one of the best stocked I've seen, much to my surprise.

No games left. I waited too long :(

Bought 4 $3.00 DVDs. My store has a shitload of rechargeable battery kits for Wii fit boards, marked as .25 but ring up .12 cents! Got a couple of those.

I think I'm officially done with this deal.

Here's what I remember seeing. These lists aren't 100% complete because I'm going off memory/the quick notes I typed on my phone in the car, but it's the best I could do.

All stores are SoCal.

Pasadena
:360:
Binary Domain (1 copy)
Minute to Win It
MMA Supremacy
:3ds:
Cubic Ninja (1 copy, opened, kinda beat up)
:ds:
Ben 10 Galactic Racing

Duarte
Dead Space 2
Lost Planet: Colonies Edition
GTA IV
Midway Arcade Origins
UFC Undisputed 3
Left 4 Dead
:ps3:
uDraw
iSpy (can't remember which)

Covina
Mass Effect 3
GTA IV
UFC Undisputed 3
Left 4 Dead
Syndicate (1 copy)
Mass Effect 3
UFC Undisputed 3
Cubic Ninja
Shinobi (2 copies)
Splinter Cell 3D
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (1 copy, opened)
TouchMaster Connect
Ben10 Galactic Racing
:wii:
Elmo (don't know which, comes with remote cover)
Puss in Boots

La Verne
:pc: World of Warcraft (4 copies)
:3ds: Purr Pals: Purrfection (1 copy)

I picked up:
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge
:360: Minute to Win It (as a joke, my brother hates Guy Fieri and likes Kinect games)
:ps3: Hitman: Absolution
:ps3: LOTR: Aragorn's Quest
:3ds: Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove
:3ds: Splinter Cell 3D
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

Wish I held off on Binary Domain and Shinobi, I bought those at $5 because I didn't think they'd last till 75% off started. Oh well.
Thanks for the scouting! Wow Pasadena got cleaned out fast. I can't believe I missed Lost Planet at Duarte, I was there on Monday.
Anyone checked up La Puente yet? I was there a week ago and couldn't find any games other than 3DS accessories.

Thanks. From what I've been seeing, all the stores that have had them on their on shelves have been moved to bins at the registers. At least, that's been the case at 2/3 Big Lots I've hit recently.

You're welcome. I have seen random setups so far; in the customer service table display, in glass shelves with other electronics, or in a rack behind cs counters.

I kind of wish I lived in WesCo again now. lol Would have loved to grab ME3 and Left 4 Dead.
What you trying to get ME3 on? PS3 or 360? I have a new in package ME3 for PS3 sitting around that I had from a target clearance.

Man I wish I would have known about this yesterday. Feels like I missed out on everything, but who knows because I never shop at Big Lots. Went to the two locations in my city and managed to find the following:

Dead Space 2

Dead Island: Game of the Year

You Don't Know Jack (x2)

LEGO Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars

Top Shot Dinosaur Hunter

Shinobi (x2)

Cubic Ninja

Mahjong Cub3D

Since I got two of You Don't Know Jack and Shinobi they are up for trade. I own all systems, just make an offer if you're interested.

So my final haul from this deal:

Left 4 Dead

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition 

Shinobi 

Saints Row 3

Hitman Absolution

None of them games I normally would have bought, but got them all at 75% off so I'm happy

Man I would have loved to have found Left 4 Dead at these prices. But I guess I've still gotten a great haul :) haha

Edit: I forgot someone found Heavy Rain... THAT would have been a find. Some people have all the luck :)

Checked at one of the stores closest to me and they only had a small amount of junk left. I'm not feeling compelled to check the other close by. I'm still happy with getting Hot Pursuit and Shift 2 for $9.44 each.

Thanks for the scouting! Wow Pasadena got cleaned out fast.
Yeah some jerk cleared out Pasadena.

Anywho here's my Pasadena haul for today:

Mass Effect 3

Midway Arcade Origins

Band Hero

Top Hand Rodeo Tour

Puss in Boots

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Binary Domain

Guitar Hero Van Halen

Barbie Jet, Set & Style

Shinobi

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Really wanted to find the Yakuzas.

Mass Effect 3

Midway Arcade Origins

Band Hero

Top Hand Rodeo Tour

Puss in Boots

Binary Domain

Guitar Hero Van Halen

Barbie Jet, Set & Style

Shinobi

I had plenty of both Yakuzas at mine, I wanted to find genesis collection :(

i was in North Hollywood today and it was worthless. MMA Supremacy for 360, Cuboid Ninja for 3DS, Splinter Cell for 3DS and some crappy no name DS games.

Also there was a 3DS fishing game?

i was in North Hollywood today and it was worthless. MMA Supremacy for 360, Cuboid Ninja for 3DS, Splinter Cell for 3DS and some crappy no name DS games.

Also there was a 3DS fishing game?
I could have told you that. I snagged a couple games from the Sherman Way location and the Sherman Way/Sepulveda location back when it went 50% off and there wasn't much then. I checked the North Hollywood/ Burbank location a few weeks back and it was gutted then. Same with the Granada Hills location.

Sounds like you best bets in the LA area might be Culver City and the West Hollywood locations.

So this is my haul, I might go this Sat and do a return and rebuy with the 20% off

YD6RgBy.jpg

Anyone have an extra copy of hitman absolution & heavy rain? (PS3)

Looking for a nice CAG to pick em up and shipping em to me ( I cover game and shipping )

So this is my haul, I might go this Sat and do a return and rebuy with the 20% off

YD6RgBy.jpg
That right there is pretty decent quality. Went to the store tonight not expecting much and it was the same garbage cases on the shelves. Grabbed a couple though for the time I spent going out there and went to pay. Lady didn't have any of those but had a whole drawer full of other stuff at least. Have a Shinobi and a Shadow Wars (both missing shrink wrap but complete) and a Cubic Ninjat to trade.

This is my first post, and I just want to say thank you, OP. Most of my stores were cleaned out, but I went to one a short distance away and hit the motherload.

Wii Party with Wii Remote x2 $6.25

Dirt 3 PS3 $4.72

Lost Planet EC Colonies Edition 360 $4.72

Dead Island GOTY PS3 $4.72

Tetris Axis $3.50

I didn't find either RE Archives game, which is what I was looking for, but I nontheless got a lot of stuff.

Ended up getting the following from the three stores I went to.

Xbox 360:

WWE 12

Puss in Boots

PS3:

Saints Row the Third

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

NDS

Ben 10 Galactic Racing

Lego Chima Laval's Journey

I Spy Game Pack (I Spy Universe + I Spy Fun House)

Transformers War for Cybertron: Decepticons

Monster High Ghoul Spirit

3DS:

Bratz Fashion Boutique

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes

My daughter was excited about the Monster High and Bratz game, and the 3DS Street Fighter game has been a blast for me thus far.

I have an extra copy of Ghost Recon Shadow Wars I'd be down to trade for Midnight Club (either system) or Street Fighter IV 3ds.  PM me if you want to trade.

This is my first post, and I just want to say thank you, OP. Most of my stores were cleaned out, but I went to one a short distance away and hit the motherload.

Wii Party with Wii Remote x2 $6.25

Dirt 3 PS3 $4.72

Lost Planet EC Colonies Edition 360 $4.72

Dead Island GOTY PS3 $4.72

Tetris Axis $3.50

I didn't find either RE Archives game, which is what I was looking for, but I nontheless got a lot of stuff.
I got a spare RE Archives RE for Wii tonight, haven't posted my new pick ups yet either.

yesterday I snagged NFS Shift 2 and Stuntman Ignition for a grand total of $7 and change...both for PS3.  Dunno when I'll play them since I've been on  a racing game binge lately but, whatever.  Would have liked to see NFS The Run on the shelves but to no luck.  Not really worth driving too much out of my way.

for whatever reason 360 games are prevalent in my area... as far as PS3 games, it's either NCAA football 11 or Singstar at this point.

What you trying to get ME3 on? PS3 or 360? I have a new in package ME3 for PS3 sitting around that I had from a target clearance.
PS3. I might end up holding out for the collection if it ever hits $10.

Also, there are way too many of us in SoCal. I guess It's time to move. lol

Okay, so altogether I've got for trade:

Shinobi x2

Splinter Cell x3

Ghost Recon

Dead Island GOTY PS3

Lost Planet EC Colonies Edition 360
Tetris Axis

Puss In Boots 360

Motionsports Adrenaline PS3 x2

Looking for either Archives game or Yakuza 4 to trade for or to sell to me for cost + shipping.

Wish I didn't live in Orange County, getting to deals before others is almost impossible for me since it's usually picked of anything worthwhile before I get there.

Tried checking the store in Tustin, CA but it was like three Cubic Ninja games, a Hannah Montana game, America's Test Kitchen, and a bunch of music-theme games such as Michael Jackson, Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Only thing I found that was any bit worthwhile imo was a Sonic Classic Collection for DS for 4.72 pre-tax which was actually hidden with the DVDs and not with the games.

went to several stores today looking for one main game midway arcade for the xbox and couldn't find it a few stores had nothing left but overpriced ea sports exercise for ps3 or some baby game on 3ds and some had not even no game the selection slimmed down fast

Thanks for everyone posting about this.  Went to a BL in Houston and found:

You Dont Know Jack--360

Ruse--PS3

Professor Layton--DS

I picked up an extra Professor Layton: Unwound Future if anyone is looking for one.

Wish I didn't live in Orange County, getting to deals before others is almost impossible for me since it's usually picked of anything worthwhile before I get there.

Tried checking the store in Tustin, CA but it was like three Cubic Ninja games, a Hannah Montana game, America's Test Kitchen, and a bunch of music-theme games such as Michael Jackson, Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Only thing I found that was any bit worthwhile imo was a Sonic Classic Collection for DS for 4.72 pre-tax which was actually hidden with the DVDs and not with the games.
dont worry theres lots of big lots in the OC

Mass Effect 3

Midway Arcade Origins

Band Hero

Top Hand Rodeo Tour

Puss in Boots

Binary Domain

Guitar Hero Van Halen

Barbie Jet, Set & Style

Shinobi

Congrats! It went to a worthy CAG jerk! :lol:

for whatever reason 360 games are prevalent in my area... as far as PS3 games, it's either NCAA football 11 or Singstar at this point.
Yeah its the same in SoCal, all PS3 games are the first to disappear.

Start networking with fellow SoCal CAGs, that's the best way for all of us to be able to get what we are looking for! :grouphug:

All stores by me have been out of games for weeks. Guess people thought 30% was a deal, or hid the games, or thought they could PM the difference once the sale went 75%. I got lucky at 50% and found the last Professor Layton. Really wanted some X360 games, but didn't find a single one.

If I didn't mention it all the stuff (especially the good stuff) wasn't on the shelves but was in drawers at the front registers.  Worth asking if they have games still because almost nothing on the shelf matched what was in the drawers.  They were nice enough to just open them for me and let me go through and pick out what I wanted myself.

Went to the West LA Sepulveda location today.

I bought one game: Band Hero for $1.25. If I play two songs with my wife and get some achievements, it was more than worth it. That joins Yakuza: Dead Souls as the only games I got. I'm not complaining; I have a crapton of games, such as Dragon's Crown which I got on PSN for $17.

This location had 3 bins at the register. I saw one Binary Domain (360?), a Mass Effect 3 (PS3) and Resident Evil 5 Gold (360). There are still some 3DS Skylanders in the glass case. I asked the pink-haired cashier, and she said that's all they had. 

Unless you're jonesing for one of those - and they're all pretty good games - consider this location picked clean.

I Hope this info is helpful and hasn't been reported yet.  A manager from Big Lots asked me today, after I bought some games if I was going to be around this weekend.  I was confused, but I told her I had to work.  She said that this weekend is Friends and Family Weekend, and that everyone that is a member of Big Lots rewards program gets an additional 20% off their entire purchase.  She suggested that I could return the items I purchased today and they would ring them back up.

I told her that would be a lot of work to save a couple dollars.  Since this store was 20 miles away, and was the only store with any selection of games remaining, that is why I drove there.  She said that the store doesn't have to take all the items back.  It can be done by the receipt.  In addition, she said that the receipt didn't have to be store specific, so you could bring your receipt back to any store and get the 20% back.  She promised me not to tell anyone....I halfway kept that promise, but obviously wouldn't dime her out specifically.  So I might as well go try and see if it works.

In addition, I asked her if their store had specifically received these games in for the promotion, or if these games had been on the shelves for years.  She stated that all the games present had been there for years, and the reason Big Lots is doing the 75% off video games is that they will no longer be selling video games in the future, so just clearing the stock out. 

I'm not sure if the Friends and Family is for both Saturday and Sunday or one of the days.  But if anyone else can find some info on that, could be helpful to get even more money back.  Good luck.

The lady at the store I went to said Sunday but they were going to honor the 20% coupons after 4PM on Saturday. The Saturday part is likely YMMV.

Two games left at my Big Lots, they were hiding in the DVD section. Adventures of TinTin and You Don't Know Jack for the Wii. They did have a couple of WappyDogs but they were still full price ($15)

If I didn't mention it all the stuff (especially the good stuff) wasn't on the shelves but was in drawers at the front registers. Worth asking if they have games still because almost nothing on the shelf matched what was in the drawers. They were nice enough to just open them for me and let me go through and pick out what I wanted myself.
That's funny because when I went back to try to grab Halo Wars (an empty case), the cashier said they didn't have any more games in their front drawers anymore.

Also, just a side note, I asked about the sale and apparently Big Lots is getting out of electronics altogether. I asked why and she said theft. Not sure if that's true.

Don't know if anyone saw my posts about Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks, I would greatly appreciate if someone could pick up a copy for me if you see it. I'll either pay cost + shipping for it, or I can trade my sealed copy of Saints Row IV. PM me if you want to work out a trade. Thanks!  :pray:

My local BL had about 30 :ds: Splinter Cell and some puzzle game, :wii: Disney Sing It Pop Hits Edition with mic, :3ds: Shinobi, :wii: Ivy the Kiwi, :360: Bulletstorm, Disney Sing It and Michael Phelps and a :ds:  Dream Chronicles with a pink furry case...

Ugh. Actually, though - that's about what they had left at 50% off, too. I don't think there was anything else gone. from when I had checked before.

Peeked at what was left on the shelf a few weeks back and nothing jumped out at me, though admittedly they may not have had everything out on the shelf.

I almost bought Splinter Cell 3D but I remember the reviews being bad, and I almost bought one of the Resident Evil Archives titles, but I'm terrible at those...so nothing for me, unfortunately.

My girlfriend did buy that Dreamworks kart racing game for DS though.

Peeked at what was left on the shelf a few weeks back and nothing jumped out at me, though admittedly they may not have had everything out on the shelf.

I almost bought Splinter Cell 3D but I remember the reviews being bad, and I almost bought one of the Resident Evil Archives titles, but I'm terrible at those...so nothing for me, unfortunately.

My girlfriend did buy that Dreamworks kart racing game for DS though.
Splinter Cell 3D is worth $2.50 IMO. It is essentially just a port of Chaos Theory but the fact that its portable makes up for a lot of its shortcomings.

Went by the Big Lots near my house last night and they literally had 5 games left in a plastic bin. All DS Shovelware and 1 copy of Michael Phelps Swimming.

So if you're in Houston, don't waste your time with the Beltway/Wallisville Big Lots.

bread's done
Back