30% off all used DVDs @gohastings.com

Picked up:

Cube
Dracula 2000
The Faculty
Four Rooms
Jailbait

Very satified with my pick ups. Thanks OP!

something tells me that the last deal was more bananas then this one...

still browsin and seein what i could get.

spiderman 3 is the 1st on the list.

better than nothin...

got Pirates of the Caribbean 1, Star Trek, and Quantum of Solace for $31.70. all used blu ray.

im cool with that...

[quote name='kidkash03']How are the previously viewed ones compared to the used ones?[/QUOTE]

Previously viewed ones are usually rentals, used are individuals copies that were traded in. I went with a few of both though I anticipate the used ones may be in better shape. But its a gamble.

The newest Final Destination is pretty cheap.
Then again, it's not exactly a great movie either.
But maybe worth it for $10.

Picked up

Quantity:1,The Dark Knight Used - Blu-ray $8.27Discount: 1 for $8.27 each
Quantity:1,District 9 Used - Blu-ray $11.36Discount: 1 for $11.36 each
Quantity:1,Wall-E Used - Blu-ray $10.17Discount: 1 for $10.170000000000002 each
Quantity:1,Juno Used - Blu-ray $6.68Discount: 1 for $6.68 each

all for $45 shipped. Someone tell me if that's a good deal???

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up:

Body of Lies
The Departed

Total was ~$15. Pretty good if you ask me. I wish the selection was as good as last time. I missed out on everything that time :(

[quote name='kidkash03']How are the previously viewed ones compared to the used ones?[/QUOTE]

a hastings thread wouldn't be the same without this question. Each and every time.

Spider-Man 3

Batman: Gotham Knight

The Departed

Slumdog Millionaire

All for 28.54
Awesome...

well, now i am gettin buyer's remorse. should have grabbed wall-e but it was OOS or The Pursuit of Happyness too...

stupid me, now i am just going to grab the pursuit of happyness alone.i am going to suck up the extra dollar and pay the shipping.

Posting in this thread as well because I'm confused. Maybe someone will have a guess.

I can't figure out the damn $5 discount for the life of me. Assuming it was gone, I just placed one big order last night (6 blus), totaling $52 after shipping. AFTER I submit my order, it shows my total as being $49. Shipping for 6 blus was $8. The difference of $3 would account for me being given $5 off even though it never indicated this at any point during my checkout. So, then today, I place another order, carefully making sure the total is just over $25 for 3 blus before shipping. I click submit, and no dice. My total is $30. I can't win, lol.

I am not even going to bother looking for blu rays, everything I look at is out of Stick. I have like 15 dvds in my cart riht now, $85 bucks total for some prime DVDs (one is $25), shipping is $19!!!

I can't find myself to bite the bullet because shipping is so much money....even though I am saving 30%, shipping is almost eliminating that 30%. Is there any shipping coupon? I looked but could not find.

Shipping really isn't that bad. It's like $2.99 first item, then $1 an item. And for my last order, everything came from different locations, so they paid shipping on each item ordered. So they're actually probably losing money charging you so little for shipping.

That aside, I ordered some stuff I missed in the last sale that are now back in stock, albeit at a higher price.

Saw IV $5.66 (Had this canceled just today, but it's in stock...)
Alexander $4.28
Burn After Reading $5.71
The Big Hit $5.68 (one of my guilty pleasures)
Bring It On: Fight to the Finish $4.80 (mostly for my gf's sister)

Ordered these with 2 games (Bionic Command & Witch's Tale) and a book, came out to $61.03 after shipping.

*edit* And lol at the email I just got:

Quantity:1,Alexander Used - Blu-ray $4.28Discount: 1 for $4.279999999999999 each
Quantity:1,Moonsinger Used - Trade Cloth $0.66Discount: 1 for $0.6600000000000001 each
Quantity:1,Bring it On: Fight to the Finish Used - Blu-ray $4.80Discount: 1 for $4.800000000000001 each

Ordered some dirt cheap WWE Used DVDs:

WWE: Jake the Snake Roberts: Pick Your Poison $2.09
WWE: The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior $2.44
WWE: Cheating Death, Stealing Life - The Eddie Guerrero Story $3.76
WWE: Tombstone - The History of the Undertaker $2.62
WWE: Triple H - King of Kings $1.73
WWE: The Twisted, Disturbed Life of Kane $2.22

[quote name='david12795']thanks :)

But I'd rather buy an original artwork and what is the standard size of blu ray cases???[/QUOTE]

Dude, have you ever heard of Google? I gave you the available resources. Do a little legwork yourself.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Dude, have you ever heard of Google? I gave you the available resources. Do a little legwork yourself.[/QUOTE]

lol I couldn't find anything. All the search I've done gave me blu ray cases. Maybe I searched wrong..

so, this may have been posted, but I can't recall and I have combed through the threads about hastings as they have passed by.

Do the standard DVD movies come equipped with the boxart (legit boxart....and since we are on the subject)? And do they typically come littered in stickers like BBV?

Thanks guys.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']and also, do the used movies typically come with all of the extra discs (if the dvd has extras of course)[/QUOTE]
It's hit and miss. Typically, 99% of the ones I have received have come in mint cases with all inserts, discs, and holders. Rarely, the cases are a little beat up, but the cover art is in good condition. Some of the discs have been a little scratched, but all of them have been watchable without any issues.

I can't speak for the 'Previously Viewed' movies, though.

[quote name='BlaculaDave']

I can't speak for the 'Previously Viewed' movies, though.[/QUOTE]

I can. I was a first time noob at gohastings when that 40% sale came. I bought Up, Ironman, and Slumdog millionaire. None of them came with dvd digital or a 2 disk set whatever. Slumdog didnt come in an original blu ray case, but i did get an original art work.

Luckily, for this sale all my movies are used. No big regrets from the 40 percent off sale though.

How do they do with boxsets coming complete? I was going to pick up the Star Wars Trilogy, but not sure if it'll come with all the packaging, inserts, etc.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Dude, have you ever heard of Google? I gave you the available resources. Do a little legwork yourself.[/QUOTE]

only a yankees fan would be so rude...

^ Was just about to say so...

I picked up 5 blus in the last deal and all came in mint condition, complete, and only two had small circular rental stickers on the disc (barely noticeable).

Anyone know why I can't get this to work on boxsets? Tried ordering a collection and it won't go through.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Hi pot: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6273217#post6273217[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHA...nice.

On a more relevant note, in checking my order status, I've seen a few items that have "in progress" as the status, but under the item itself (right under where it says "Discount: One for $X.XX"), it says "Out of Stock". Is it likely that those items will be cancelled? Or is that just the current status of the item and my order got in before it went out of stock?

[quote name='AlphakirA']^ Was just about to say so...

I picked up 5 blus in the last deal and all came in mint condition, complete, and only two had small circular rental stickers on the disc (barely noticeable).

Anyone know why I can't get this to work on boxsets? Tried ordering a collection and it won't go through.[/QUOTE]

The sale does not apply to boxsets or anime.

are you guys having trouble ordering right now?

It says order cannot be processed...everything is good, and I have no red on my screen. Site is down possibly?

I noticed that the cancelled movies from my order during the 40% off sale were back in stock 2 days after they were cancelled. I called the customer service line and they had me order them at full price and they are manually adjusting the order to the 40% off price. Very nice customer service!

Interesting about customer service..

Just ordered three Blus..

Horton Hears a Who
A Knights Tale
Monster House

Blus totaled 20 before tax/shipping.

Also threw in Dragon Age Origins (39.99) and ended up totaling 70.74 shipped.

Wow, I should have done that. I wanted to get two movies (Memento and Terminator 3) and it was canceled too. Oh well.

I recently ordered some blu-ray movies and dvds

The Descent (Blu) and Rambo: First Blood (Blu) for $13

Picked up the following:

Quantity:1,Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Used - Blu-ray $12.23Discount: 1 for $12.23 each
Quantity:1,A Bug's Life Used - Blu-ray $12.57Discount: 1 for $12.57 each
Quantity:1,Echoes of Glory: The History of Notre Dame Football Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $3.69Discount: 1 for $3.6899999999999995 each
Quantity:1,Face/Off Used - Blu-ray $8.56Discount: 1 for $8.559999999999999 each

$37.05 before shipping and $43.04 after. Greatest steal was probably Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs since it was released only a couple weeks ago and costs $25 on Amazon. This is my first time shopping at their site so I look forward to many future purchases. :bouncy:

Just Received my The Departed Blu-Ray disc.

Excellent condition disc and case. it does have three small fingerish prints in the disc but other than that, no scratches whatsoever.

The only thing missing is what i would call "Manual" or the booklet that comes in the case.
no problem, all i wanted was my disc and case.

brb, watchin The Departed
but first, re-watching the final episodes of Afro Samurai
:D

bread's done
Back