30% off all used DVDs @gohastings.com

I was able to get the movie The Matrix 10th Anniversary (Blu) and Donnie Darko (Blu) for $20.56. I have a question for someone to answer. Why is one day the price is high (such for The Matrix and Donnie Darko) but the next day it is low and I bought it for a decent price?

[quote name='aosora13']I was able to get the movie The Matrix 10th Anniversary (Blu) and Donnie Darko (Blu) for $20.56. I have a question for someone to answer. Why is one day the price is high (such for The Matrix and Donnie Darko) but the next day it is low and I bought it for a decent price?[/QUOTE]

I dont think anyone knows why they price things the way they do. I wondered that too. Like i got The punisher for 3.74 on Blu ray and now its up to $9.99 used. I can only assume it is based upon supply and demand. There is a local used store that does things that way. If they get a lot of copies traded in, the price decreases a lot, but then as the copies sell, the price increases. I would imagine go hastings does something like that.

Anyways all that aside, I got the first of my many orders today. Got 3 CD's all with uncracked cases and no scratches, Punisher Blu ray and Fired Up blu ray in great shape, fired up even had the digital copy disc. Fighting on the other hand was in good shape, but did not come with the digital copy disc, so I dont know if its worth returning that or not.
(I mean even if it came with the digital copy disc, i wouldnt have the code to redeem it, so I dont know that its worth returning. Any opinions on this? What would you guys do?)

They must have restocked. I just ordered:

Quantity:1,Inglourious Basterds Used - Blu-ray $12.24Discount: 1 for $12.239999999999998 each
Quantity:1,Kingdom of Heaven Used - Blu-ray $8.20Discount: 1 for $8.2 each
Quantity:1,Star Trek Used - Blu-ray $12.22Discount: 1 for $12.219999999999999 each

I know for a fact that Inglourious Basterds hasn't been up there. I'm pretty sure that Kingdom of Heaven wasn't either.

I just got my first couple items from one of my orders. My "used" Quarantine came in a Blockbuster Video DVD case. I know "used" ones are supposed to be the trade ins, and I guess this one was...but it was mildly disappointing to not get the real case. I planned on having to buy some blu-ray cases for the "previously viewed" movies that I ordered, but this wasn't one I was accounting for. On the plus side, my used UP looks brand new. All 4 discs, paper ads inside the case, and even a Wal-Mart sticker on the front.

Just received my order. Used Wonder Woman 2 disc BR was actually a PV and missing the card for the digital copy. Used the Spirit BR came with a promo sticker stuck to the front but still had all inserts including the digital copy code (if it still works). Just waiting for them to confirm shipping on the Beatles Mono box set for $126 new.

~KC

just got my shizz today...

Pirates of the Caribbean 1 - excellent quality with actual case and inserts.

Star Trek - all 3 discs included with actual case, however no slip cover or inserts.

Quantum of Solace - actual case with little rental gohastings logo sticker on top right on the back, however no inserts and a very minor crack on the side

all in all ... pretty pleased for 30 bucks =)

[quote name='Keyboard Cowboy'] Just waiting for them to confirm shipping on the Beatles Mono box set for $126 new.

~KC[/QUOTE]
Thanks for including this line. While they were out of the new one, I just ordered a used one for $120 shipped. These go for 170-200 used on ebay so I am happy to get it for that price. Missed out on the good prices on this around Christmas. Just hoping it ships and comes in the box and everything,

[quote name='ackbar7']Thanks for including this line. While they were out of the new one, I just ordered a used one for $120 shipped. These go for 170-200 used on ebay so I am happy to get it for that price. Missed out on the good prices on this around Christmas. Just hoping it ships and comes in the box and everything,[/QUOTE]

Glad to help out a fellow CAG. I just got shipping confirmation on my set. :bouncy:

Wow just have to say they have the best customer service ever. I got in on the 40% off deal a few weeks ago, as well as this current one. But on one of the movies a few weeks ago it was suppose to be a 3 disc set but only one came in the case. So I emailed a couple weeks ago and finally just today received a reply stating some stupid stuff about manuals, inserts, and movie downloads maybe not being included in used copies. Nothing addressing my problem of missing discs. So I called and the girl was very friendly and polite. I told her the problem, she checked stock and they had none so issued a refund on that item. I was quite pleased! Just thought I'd share. Call, don't email.

Got The Departed today. Looked brand new, and even had the plastic sealing on it still.

Also, forgot to mention my copy of Body of Lies came with the digital copy. I'll probably never use it, but it's nice to have complete blus.

Got several more blus in today. The more I receive, the more I feel like GoHastings is somewhat hit & miss. My 2 Star Treks (one for me, one a gift) were "previously viewed", but surprisingly, both showed up complete with all 3 discs (though they did have the stickers around the center). And they both even had all inserts and the slipcovers.

On the other side of things, my Saw V (2 Disc Unrated Director's Cut) blu which was supposed to be "used" came with only one disc, and that disc had the center sticker on it and writing in marker on the disc itself. I might actually call and complain about that one because I think it's fairly obvious it came from their rental supply. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but if they're going to distinguish between "previously viewed" and "used", and price accordingly, those lines need to remain unblurred.

received some of my DVDs today. I opted out of going for blu on this sale and went for movies such as

Spirited Away
Princess Monoke
Kikis Delivery Service
Azumi
Police Story (dragon dynasty)
Sky High

and other harder to find at a cheap price items. Also got Cowboy Bebop the series for only 25 bucks there.

So far everything coming in has been in great quality. I may be a constant customer there now.

I ordered Inglourious Basterds, Star Trek, and Kingdom of Heaven the other day.

So far I've received the first two. IB was in great shape, had both discs, and included the slip cover. Star Trek didn't have the slipcover (does it have one? Is it just that tacky STAR TREK logo in black over white?) and featured the pictures of Kirk and Spock.

I'm hoping to get Kingdom of Heaven today.

I have been very impressed with gohastings.

My items have reached CT in a maximum of 4 days from when the order was placed. Fast service, and the condition of my used titles appear to almost be 'opened new'

Also, maybe the TC can update the OP with their latest promo...buy 2 get 3rd for $1

Same here, I ordered a total of 10 used Blus from them and the worst one of the bunch had a few fingerprints. The most looked brand new. Definitely shopping here again.

[quote name='BlaculaDave']The deal is back on...30% off USED DVDs with coupon code 'HASTINGS'.[/QUOTE]

No love for the Blu?

aww damn it
in-store.. =/

i am still bitter i did not bit on that 40% deal and SD took the damn servers down.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It hasn't worked on Blus the last two times this coupon has been active.[/QUOTE]

It worked on bds the last time the coupon was active (30% for dvds, 20% for bds). Actually, this is the only time I've seen where blus haven't been included.

[quote name='dino88']It worked on bds the last time the coupon was active (30% for dvds, 20% for bds). Actually, this is the only time I've seen where blus haven't been included.[/QUOTE]

Actually their last couple sales haven't included blus, I think the last one was 20% off used dvds. Heres hoping for a nice big online blu sale soon.

Thanks, picked up some things that either aren't on Blu-ray or I don't care about having it in HD. The code doesn't work on TV sets, but they have some crazy prices on them... the first few seasons of South Park, Simpsons, and Family Guy are ~$5

American Dad! Vol. 2 Used - $6.87
The Rocker Used - $1.25
How to Lose Friends and Alienate People Used - $0.63
City of Ember Used - $0.63
RocknRolla Used - $1.55
Futurama: Bender's Big Score Used - $2.35
Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs Used - $2.35
Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead Used - $2.76
Doctor Who: The Next Doctor Used - $3.14
Doctor Who: The Infinite Quest Used - $2.88

Merchandise:$24.41
Tax: $2.50
Shipping/Handling:$11.99
Total:$38.90

[quote name='dino88']It worked on bds the last time the coupon was active (30% for dvds, 20% for bds). Actually, this is the only time I've seen where blus haven't been included.[/QUOTE]

No, you're wrong. The last time they used "HASTINGS" for a percentage sale (which was sometime last week I believe), it didn't apply to blu-rays. And the time before that, I think the code was used for Buy 2, Get 1 for $1...and that didn't apply to blus either. The last time any of these sales applied to blus was around 1/21. Check the thread.

The last time the code HASTINGS was available was not last week, but from 1/17-1/24 and blu's were included (you've even confirmed this and so does my order history). There was no HASTINGS code for a percentage off last week and the Buy 2 get 1 doesn't require a code.
So, the last time they had this percentage sale blu-ray's were included. Not sure why I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']The last time the code HASTINGS was available was not last week, but from 1/17-1/24 and blu's were included (you've even confirmed this and so does my order history). There was no HASTINGS code for a percentage off last week and the Buy 2 get 1 doesn't require a code.
So, the last time they had this percentage sale blu-ray's were included. Not sure why I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Looking at it again, I guess they did do Buy 2 Get 1 two weeks in a row. So, that explains not needing a code. But the point is, for the last 2 weeks DVDs and games have been on sale, and blu rays have not. And since they've been excluded the past two weeks, I guess I wasn't really surprised that they weren't eligible for this sale either. And the fact that GoHastings limited the code to even certain items makes me think they lost a lot of money in that last sale. I knew they were nuts giving away Blus for $4. Even with their crazy shipping it was at least 50% cheaper than anywhere else.

bread's done
Back