30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, just came back from the closest target to me. The people had no idea what i was talking about and looked like heroin addicts. Stuff like that makes me feel like i was the only good retail worker (That's not entirely true as the crew i worked with was slammin)

To get back on topic i tried to use my chr and luck stats to get some information from people who actually smiled. I incurred about the coupon and found out that the game area doesn't have the feeders to print out those coupons. With all the randomness to this coupon you have to have a few things.

1. Patience

2. Items that + to luck stats

3. A employee willing to ride this out with you.

Alas i am not disheartened by any means. I am just not going back to that target or area ever again. I will do a different dungeon. I will at some point just settle for the B2G1 

Good luck and happy CAGin.

Ask the cashier if she can take payment for each card separately.

For instance, give cashier one item and pay. Then give cashier next item and pay again.
Thanks guys. I'll be going tomorrow to try it out and see if I can get the coupon.

Were you guys able to return the reserve cards as soon as you left the register? As in, head to the return center as soon as you got the coupon?

What do you mean by separate transactions at the same register? Do I need to ask the rep to ring each card separately?
Grab 4 cards, walk up to a front register. The gaming register at some Targets don't have the coupon printers. Tell the cashier that you are trying to get a coupon to print out and if they could ring up as separate transactions. If you have a not so smart cashier just stop them at the first card and ask to pay for that one and then do another, so on and so on.

Thanks guys. I'll be going tomorrow to try it out and see if I can get the coupon.

Were you guys able to return the reserve cards as soon as you left the register? As in, head to the return center as soon as you got the coupon?
for heavens sake just read the last couple pages!

Are people seriously going to Customer Service and returning the $1 reserve cards after this? I mean, if you end up using the coupon with the B2G1, you're saving an ass-ton of money already...is it really worth waiting in line to return a measly $1?

They'll ring em up no problem, but the second lady when I explained this to her said she was going to kill me, lol. Good thing I had a target gift card so it's just a couple scans, receipt, rinse and repeat.

???
You inquired? jk
Fair mistake, it was written in haste and with a cold hand and just a small drop of frustration. My quest to obtain GTAV and Pokemon Y for reasonable prices has had a slight strain on my soul. Alas good sir, you have called me out on the internet and i have no choice in the matter to take decisive action against you.

I will take the high road and take an honorable suicide.

Success! PM Pokemon X & Pokemon Y from Kmart's Ad for $29.99 each and getting DKCR for $34.99 for the B2G1 free and using the 30% off coupon + 10% TM discount and 5% Redcard discount. Total $40.xx out the door for 3 games. For me it was B1G2 free pretty much. Best deal of the year so far... pretty sure BF won't have killer deals like this. Of course, the PM for X&Y + Promo will be YMMV but it shouldn't be really. I could have gone with PM X+Y+M&L and would have been $5 less but I wasn't going to push it anymore. Very happy indeed.

Are people seriously going to Customer Service and returning the $1 reserve cards after this? I mean, if you end up using the coupon with the B2G1, you're saving an ass-ton of money already...is it really worth waiting in line to return a measly $1?
Why not, when you can reuse that money to buy more cards and get more coupons. We are cheap.

well when you buy 5 and there normally isn't a line yes it's worth $5

I'm not sure why you guys are trying multiple items in each transaction. It's been posted multiple times that the coupon prints every fourth transaction.
yeah? Well lots of people have been saying things. Turns out, there's no set standard to how the coupons print. Both you and the OP are wrong.

but one thing isn't clear to me: some people say they are doing multiple transactions...why? I thought the coupon printed after merely scanning the item.

uh-oh, someone doesn't understand what CAG stands for.

Can I use this coupon with b2g1 free ??
some people say yes, others say no. Apparently the print in the back of the coupon says not to combine it with other offers, so it depends on the competence of the employee. Very YMMV it seems.

personally I'm not even confident that I'll get a coupon printed out for me. Trying anyway though.

Grabbed 5 coozies for a penny and rang them up separately, no coupons.  Grabbed 5 pre-order cards for $1 each and rang them up separately, no coupons.  Returned the 5 pre-order cards and tried again, no coupons.  Thankfully it was my friend was working at Customer Service so he was willing to help out.

Went to another target and grabbed 5 pre-ordered cards (they have no coozies) and the coupon printed on the 1st and 5th transactions.  Got myself New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land and Pokemon Y for $55.98.  I'll probably go back and get Fire Emblem: Awakening and 2 $40 3DS games with my other coupon.

some people say yes, others say no. Apparently the print in the back of the coupon says not to combine it with other offers, so it depends on the competence of the employee. Very YMMV it seems.

personally I'm not even confident that I'll get a coupon printed out for me. Trying anyway though.
The back very clearly states that it can't be combined, however, it is just generic printer text (comes pre-printed on the roll of paper). The actual offer terms are on the front of the coupon and say nothing about not combining the offer.

It seems next gen is not combining without manager assistance, but current gen games are combining without a problem. I picked up a wii u game and 2 3ds games and it combined no problem.

I got 2 coupons printed on 3rd and 8th purchases out of 9 total reservation cards. Seems very random. Cashier was definitely annoyed that I asked her to ring them all up separately, as were the people behind me in line. Not something I'd want to do again any time soon. Still, deal of the year perhaps.

Does anyone know when the coupons will stop printing out?  I thought i read a few pages back that there is only a limited amount to be printed out.

Can I use this coupon with b2g1 free ??
Yes. I just did a few hours ago. I bought 2 $60 Xbox games and 1 $60 PS3 game for a total of $84 before tax. Coupon worked, no override required.

Also returned one of the Xbox games for $40. Ended up with GTAV and Ghosts for $44 + tax.

okay, i went to target today...

bought 6 watch dog reservation cards with separate transactions at the ELECTRONICS checkout. i was pissed that i got nothing so i returned them all to customer service right away. 

(important):  went back and grabbed 6 more and brought them to the FRONT of the store and did separate transactions. coupon came out on the 3rd and the 6th transaction. returned the cards right away too. (the girl working at the customer service thing was on to me by now haha)

i tried to stack the b2g1 with the coupon for 3 ps4 games. killzone, cod, bf4 and the cashier scanned the coupon and it failed. i asked him if he could override it and he said no and he told me that his manager would probably say the same thing. 

ima go back and get this noob fired !!!

I was able to use the 30% off as well as the buy 2, get 1 and a RedCard today....got Knack, NBA 2k14 Super Fan Pack and Battlefield 4 for right at $100. $200 worth of games before tax for 1/2 price....this could be the stacking deal of the year for me. 

We got the 30% off coupon when my wife picked up Ghosts on Tuesday.

The cashier didn't even think twice about taking the 30% off coupon. She joked that at that price they may as well give the games away for free though! 

Needed an override but got COD ghosts (360), Cod ghosts (ps4), and Killzone shadow fall (ps4) today with 30% off coupon + b2g1 + 5% red card for $86.70 with tax. The manager didn't have a problem doing the override after I had to show him it worked with 3 360 games. Thanks CAG!!! :)

I asked the associate the the register to scan the $1 preorder card and if no coupon printed, to void the transaction and try again until a coupon printed. She was fine with it and the coupon printed on the first try.

If anyone only wants 2 games and is planning on doing this with the b2g1 sale I'd be happy to take one off you hands for 1/3 the price plus shipping or even a bit extra. I did the amazon bogo and I only want maybe one more game. Probably BF4

Bought a total of 2 $0.01 cozies in 2 transactions, got coupon on second cozie. Bought Pokemon X, Y, and Pikmin 3. Price matched pokemon X and Y (Kmart  $29.99) + 30% off coupon + B2G1 + Redcard 5%. Everything went smooth. Did not realize that Pikmin 3 is $49.99 on Target.com and $59.99 in store. Pretty good score for $63.87 total.  

This is such an amazing deal stacked with the B2G1. Definitely going in to Target tomorrow so I can get the coupon early and then apply that to PS4 games on Friday.

Well that went as good as I could have hoped. Grabbed a few of xbox one $1 reservation cards and went up to the front registers. And I had the 30% off coupon print on the first one. Decided that 1 was enough since most of you had to go through a bunch to get more than one. Headed back and grabbed/price matched Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, and Super Mario Brothers U for about $50 a piece. The guy hanging around the video game section actually came by and told me there was a 30% coupon going around and he was pretty stoked that that I already knew about it. As he rang up the first game another 30% coupon printed out. Haha, kind of awesome. I'll noodle on it and end up picking up some 3ds games later at some point. 

I was considering returning Super Mario Bros U as that was the one I was least interested in. But my coupon says that "All items must be returned for full refund". Has anyone tried returning one of the three? Sorry if this has been asked.

By the way, for Seattle residents I went to the northgate mall target. And I didn't see any PS4 or xbox one games there.

I got my coupon after the fourth transaction. Took back the pre-order cards i bought, but this Target was NOT forthcoming with the PS4 games, so I left empty handed (but I still have my coupon!). 

I think i'm just going to end up saving the coupon for Dead rising 3 and Forza 5 since amazon has saved us.

I asked the associate the the register to scan the $1 preorder card and if no coupon printed, to void the transaction and try again until a coupon printed. She was fine with it and the coupon printed on the first try.
I hope my Target is cool as yours. If they for some reason deny it, can you return it and go back to purchase other items. I'm just worried that they will deny ringing up stuff since they know I'm just looking for coupons.

As of today, PS4 games are considered ineligible. So, no.
Whaaat? That kind of sucks. Hopefully most Targets are cool with the override then I guess. I am really depending on stacking that to make the games a much better deal.

I used it today, the clerk has to do a manual override for PS4 games.
Total came to $86 and change with Target card with 5% off for 3 PS4 games.

If rumor serves right, the transaction needs to have something gaming related or it's not going to drop.
It seems like it.

Everyone's trying preorder cards and koozies because they're cheap and you may need to do multiple transactions

Convinced the guy at the register to ring up/void a watchdogs preorder until the coupon printed. Got it on second try and he voided it again and let me keep the coupon. Dude rocked.

I am still undecided about xb1/ps4 so I snagged Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Wind Waker HD. Was considering Rayman Legends but knowing Ubisoft that game will be $20 before I ever get around to playing it. With b2g1, 30% off, and Red card I got out of there just shy of $80 before tax.

I returned home very proud of myself. Then my wife reminded me of the 5% pharmacy reward. Would have shaved off another $4. Damn. I fail at CAG.

Might return Zelda and get $35 back since I plan to buy ALBW in two weeks and don't want to burn out on Zelda.

bread's done
Back