30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still undecided about xb1/ps4 so I snagged Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Wind Waker HD. Was considering Rayman Legends but knowing Ubisoft that game will be $20 before I ever get around to playing it. With b2g1, 30% off, and Red card I got out of there just shy of $80 before tax.

I returned home very proud of myself. Then my wife reminded me of the 5% pharmacy reward. Would have shaved off another $4. Damn. I fail at CAG.
Same here. Don't know when I'll bother with xb1 or ps4 so grabbed Wonderful 101 and Lego Avengers for WiiU and Diablo 3 for ps3. Came out to 90.xx and just as I'm about to pay I see my 5 off 50 coupon. Good thing I wrapped it around the card. It also stacked with the other promos and my final, final total was $85.xx

A little under 30 per each of those games is good in my book.

And yeah it's easy to forget about something with these sorta deals. You get happy that it even works and you just wanna get out ASAP.

BTW, also used my other coupon to grab Project X L.E., Luigi's Mansion and MH3 ultimate for 50.xx

Damn, going in to price match Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and use the 30% coupon! If it all works out smoothly I should be getting each game for ~$14 a piece.

Has anyone tried the coupon on a system purchase.

I'm wondering if it will work with the LoZ 3DS XL that comes out next week. Technically it's a game purchase...

Very interesting. May make a trip to Target and give it a try.

Slightly off-topic question:
Knack isn't supposed to be available until Friday, right? Are most stores selling this early? It also sounds like people are getting Killzone. Any word on NFS: Rivals? (These are the three PS4 games I'm going to attempt to get, so that's why I ask :p )

Wait..... so you coupon has to have a manual override to work?  That's no good.  My Target employees are super strict as is.  noway they will over ride for me.  Does the system auto take the coupon on all other systems though?  Might be my saving grace if I can show it does.

Killzone, Knack, COD: Ghosts, NBA2K14, and NFS: Rivals are the only PS4 games you can buy before Tuesday.

I have a question... 

If i buy 3 PS3 games using the B2G1 and the 30% coupon that are all $59.99, can I do a straight exchange for PS4 games tomorrow?

looking for a backup in case I can't get an override.

I have a question...

If i buy 3 PS3 games using the B2G1 and the 30% coupon that are all $59.99, can I do a straight exchange for PS4 games tomorrow?

looking for a backup in case I can't get an override.
Wish I can tell you. I asked about this when speaking to the electronics guy, and he wearily said there shouldn't be a problem with the exchange.

Have to exchange two out of the three.

Has anyone tried the coupon on a system purchase.

I'm wondering if it will work with the LoZ 3DS XL that comes out next week. Technically it's a game purchase...
Someone tried within the first week or so of the coupon appearing, no go. Target makes a lot of weird promo mistakes, but that's generally not one of them.

Slightly off-topic question:
Knack isn't supposed to be available until Friday, right? Are most stores selling this early? It also sounds like people are getting Killzone. Any word on NFS: Rivals? (These are the three PS4 games I'm going to attempt to get, so that's why I ask :p )
The memo posted in the weekly ad thread is worded funny, but it does explicitly say that Knack can be sold now. I had no problem picking it up after the employee picked up the memo and read it himself a couple times.

Wait..... so you coupon has to have a manual override to work? That's no good. My Target employees are super strict as is. noway they will over ride for me. Does the system auto take the coupon on all other systems though? Might be my saving grace if I can show it does.
Yep, manual on PS4 games, works correctly on everything else.

Does anybody know about stacking reserve cards with 30% coupon with B2G1 for PS4 games? 

I have reserve cards for COD:G and AC4, so I hope to get back $10 in gift cards on top of awesome savings.

I'm wondering if I'll have any luck getting some PS4 games. Don't even have one preordered at this point but I have stuff for it already, so I might as well buy the games while they're cheap. I wish I could use this towards preorders though because I'd much rather get Ghosts, WatchDogs, and Destiny. A lot of the stuff out right now is still last gen except for Knack but I don't think it's worth $40.

I might not end up using the coupon. Anybody interested in trading it for a GS 25% off coupon?

Grabbed ghosts ps4, killzone ps4, and killzone vita for $83 out the door. Used 30% off coupon and my redcard for an additional 5% off. Salesperson had to manually calculate and add the coupon discount so YMMV.

Just got back from Target. I brought 4 pre-order cards (separate transactions) and got the 30% off coupon. Then went into the game section to get GTA5, Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghost. Got all three for $89 after the coupon. I luckily found SSX (360) for $6 too! Going to go again and stock up on those 30% off coupons for Black Friday and other deals for the end of the year.

Got one from buying 3 AC4 PS4, triggered on the 3rd purchase, paid cash, then returned the cards to guest services. Also the coupon will not stack with reserve cards. They each count as a Target coupon and you can only use one qualifying Target coupon and one qualifying manufactures coupon per transaction.
The 30% coupon and reserve card say "Limit one manufacturer and one Target coupon per item" not per transaction.

Bougt dead island riptide special edition on clearance for $5.98 and a coupon printed out immediately. Then started with the preorder cards and another coupon printed out on the third preorder card. I have checked 7 differenr targets and have yet to find a single COD coozie anywhere and all had COD endcaps in bith electronics and up front.

Suddenly Im seeing people saying the coupon is not working with ps4 games? I thought the trick was that if used on ps4 games, all 3 games must be ps4 games (aka no mix n match), and then it would work without override...at least thats what I was reading yesterday I thought

Gonna try again when i get back home tonight. Hope it works, would make my first set cheap enough to consider going for 3 more.

Just annoying trying to do this in either a busy store, or with a cashier who thinks your fishy

Just got back from one of my local Targets in Oviedo, FL

They had Knack and Killzone. I asked about Need for Speed: Rivals, the associate said they could sell it if they have it and went to check but couldn't find any. He said no other stores in the east orlando area have it either.

Unfortunately that's the only game I really wanted for the PS4 at launch. Knack looks okay, but it's a better secondary game than primary game I think. I was just going to sell Killzone to a friend for $40 or so.

I could've made this deal amazing too. I have one of the 30% off two games coupons, B2G1 free, 5% with Red Card, and 10% with my fiancee's employee discount. But now I can't think of any games to get. :p

So the consensus seems to be the coupon will trigger within an attempt or two of $1 pre order cards, right? Are you guys using your redcard or anything special? And are you doing it at the electronics department or in the main checkout area? I plan on running to target before work tomorrow and don't wanna waste too much time so I'm looking for "tips"

So the consensus seems to be the coupon will trigger within an attempt or two of $1 pre order cards, right? Are you guys using your redcard or anything special? And are you doing it at the electronics department or in the main checkout area? I plan on running to target before work tomorrow and don't wanna waste too much time so I'm looking for "tips"
I believe the consensus is every 4 transactions will yield a coupon. I got one on my 3rd today.

I believe the consensus is every 4 transactions will yield a coupon. I got one on my 3rd today.
Thanks. Too good a deal to not try. Although I expect a headache if I need an override (plan on using this towards PS4 games). People at my Target seem to not be too bright.

It really seems to be every 4 preorder cards. Now if someone else bought a couple preorder cards at that register before you then you would get one on the second try. Just my theory but then some here have actually reported buying 5 or more and coming up empty so no one knows for sure. Keep in mind though, those reported shut outs may have been cases of buying in electronics dept. where there are no printers, paper out in front register printer, or choosing a front register that had no green light on the printer. You never get the entire story in these posts, just the end results.

Followed everyone's suggestion and it worked first try for me. Took these steps:

1.) Grabbed 4 different preorder cards
2.) Took them to the front because back cashier doesn't print coupons
3.) Asked the guy to do them in four separate transactions consecutively. Also used red card. This might be a key. I think target tracks what you buy and gives coupons based on your purchases.
4.) Coupon came out as everyone said on the fourth transaction

I have a red card, but didn't use it for this transaction. I used a different credit card. I received the coupon on the first pre-order card I purchased, but came to the register with two and felt it easier to just go ahead and purchase the second one anyway.

Is anyone's Target selling NFS: Rivals? Mine claims that they haven't received any stock at all.

Followed everyone's suggestion and it worked first try for me. Took these steps:

3.) Asked the guy to do them in four separate transactions consecutively. Also used red card. This might be a key. I think target tracks what you buy and gives coupons based on your purchases.
Excellent. Enjoy!

Pretty clear that red card does not matter though. Most all of us paid cash for them. Initially I used red card thinking that same thing but in the case of the preorder cards it seems to make no difference. Wish somebody around me had coozies though :(

It really seems to be every 4 preorder cards. Now if someone else bought a couple preorder cards at that register before you then you would get one on the second try. Just my theory but then some here have actually reported buying 5 or more and coming up empty so no one knows for sure. Keep in mind though, those reported shut outs may have been cases of buying in electronics dept. where there are no printers, paper out in front register printer, or choosing a front register that had no green light on the printer. You never get the entire story in these posts, just the end results.

This is helpful. I'll follow this advice and report back.

You do not need a red card. This is simple. Just get 4 $1 preorder cards, take them to one register, do 4 separate transactions until you get a coupon. If you don't get one in 4, do more. Ask if the printer is out of ink. Make sure you do them at the front and not in the electronics section.

Its two or more I believe. Everyone is buying 3. I'm not sure if the coupon sees it as 2 $60 or 3 $40 though.
Got it on first purchase, didn't been bother after that

The coupon printed out right when she scanned it, there is no set 2+, 3+, 4+ nonsense, it's random

omg. My gf just texted me, after no luck with 5 cards yesterday. I'm working get a pic she got 2 30% off with 2 reservation cards.. WIN :). hoping for xbone titles end of the week of not 42$ for each isn't bad.. Just want a free game lol.

Well, my lucky streak with the coupon is over....got 2 the first time I tried. Got 3 the 2nd time I tried. Went back to the same store this afternoon (not specifically for this!) and couldn't get it. Coupon printer had a green light but no go. Scanned and voided a couple times. Then went ahead and paid for it 3 times. No go.

On the other hand apparently Target's computer system is not set up to make sure that your refund on a return is not more than you actually paid. Guest Services has to catch it manually.

Well, my lucky streak with the coupon is over....got 2 the first time I tried. Got 3 the 2nd time I tried. Went back to the same store this afternoon (not specifically for this!) and couldn't get it. Coupon printer had a green light but no go. Scanned and voided a couple times. Then went ahead and paid for it 3 times. No go.

On the other hand apparently Target's computer system is not set up to make sure that your refund on a return is not more than you actually paid.
Did you use any manufacturer coupons?

No luck here at the Jersey Shore, I went to the Seaview Square Mall location around 6 and did THIRTEEN separate transactions with preorder cards, CoD koozies, Pac Man figures, even a couple actual games. Nothing.

After the third trip to CS, I couldn't face the poor girl again to do another round of $1 transactions, so I figured I'd just grab the Wii U games I wanted since $33/per was still a pretty solid deal for first-party games...and two of them had to be pricematched at the CS counter. Sigh.

bread's done
Back