30% off purchase of 2 games target coupon exp 12/30(YMMV)

Kevlar338

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Coupon is no longer printing out at the registers . However I'm thinking someone should start a dedicated target coupon thread . I don't have time to keep up with it or I would do it myself . Between this and the magical b2g1 coupon there are some great deals to be had .

Last edited by a moderator:
There may not need to be an override after Tuesday because that's when the games are supposed to go on sale in the system. I guess we'll find out if my theory on that is right once some CAGs make it to Target tomorrow.
I hope that theory is right the nearest Target is 30min away so going and getting turned down by a manger would suck. The dilemma for me now is go tomorrow and snatch up Battlefield, AC and Knack then swap Knack (as I already have it) for NBA 2K14 at a later time? Or just wait till Friday and get 2k then?! I'm really trying to avoid the drama Friday with the release of the PS4. Decisions help me out guys what would you do :D

So I went to target the other night to decide what games to get for b2g1, really didnt have much I wanted. Then I found this thread and im wishing I saw it the other night cause there is plenty I want now :p im not gonna be able to get to target before friday, but I have a friend trying tomorrow.

So here is my question. Since the coupon prints once the game is scanned, are we sure it is necessary to ring as separate transactions? Im just thinking that it may print for every four games instead if four transactions?
Just curious if anyone has tried yet!
Thanis

when you use this with the B2G1 would it take the 30 % off the two cheaper games

I just picked up Battlefield Kill Zone and Assassins creed ps4. He had to manually override the coupon. He took 35.99 off, which i guess he calculated as 30% off of 119.99. Regular price was 192.60 with tax. I paid less than 90 plus a free five dollar gift card from reserving assassins creed.

Tried to get the 30% coupon to pop in the NE and downtown Target in Minneapolis. Bought six reservations and a COD tag in the downtown location (electronics department and front) and three reservations at the front of the NE Target. Disappointed, but I suppose I'll pick up AC, Killzone and Knack in Amazon's B2G1 today.

Maybe the coupon will pop when I return everything as it looks like some others have experienced that. Anyone else have luck around the Twin Cities?

The B2G1 deal didn't work with the coupon. He also told me he couldn't override it because they've gotten in a lot of trouble for doing it in the past. Heading to another target later with a buddy of mine to buy his games. I'll report back with any updates.

Tried to get the 30% coupon to pop in the NE and downtown Target in Minneapolis. Bought six reservations and a COD tag in the downtown location (electronics department and front) and three reservations at the front of the NE Target. Disappointed, but I suppose I'll pick up AC, Killzone and Knack in Amazon's B2G1 today.

Maybe the coupon will pop when I return everything as it looks like some others have experienced that. Anyone else have luck around the Twin Cities?
I got the coupon at the Blaine, MN target. Not sure how far of a drive that is for you.

Manager at Target wouldn't override my 30% off coupon for three PS4 games. Said it had to be specifically the two 3DS games mentioned. Bought the games so not to give the electronics associate guy who was helping a hard time. Ironically enough another coupon spat out.

Seriously.

I got  Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed along with Knack. They didn't have Kill Zone. Coupon does NOT work with the sale. Manager has to override the coupon or it will not work. YMMV. Some will and some won't . Mine did.

By the way, they only had 2 Knacks. Might be hard to get if that is the norm.

Can we just exchange the games that we really want later when they come out? I got nba 2k14 to make the sale work but I wanted Lego Marvel.

uGrKIHHl.jpg

Man, this was a lot of work, but in the end it paid off. Got there right when the store opened at 8, and there was one other older guy getting games as well. There was only 1 copy of Knack and 1 copy of 2K14 on display (guy bought NBA), and I didn't see Assassin's Creed. Also saw Madden, FIFA, and I think Just Dance 4.

The cashier girl was cool about the 30% coupon, but it didn't work automatically as expected. She asked her co-worker about it, he examined it, and said it wasn't combinable with other Target offers. I mentioned it working on current gen stuff but he was firm on it. Luckily he walked off and I asked to speak to a manager, the girl flagged one over, and she did the override no questions asked. WHEW.

Sucks that Battlefield is the non China Rising LE (they were all standard), but I'll live. Thanks to the OP, and for the many people who posted helpful info in the thread. Now the long ass wait for Friday begins

The cashier girl was cool about the 30% coupon, but it didn't work automatically as expected. She asked her co-worker about it, he examined it, and said it wasn't combinable with other Target offers. I mentioned it working on current gen stuff but he was firm on it. Luckily he walked off and I asked to speak to a manager, the girl flagged one over, and she did the override no questions asked. WHEW.
Christ, I hope this works. I have 2 Targets nearby, and a third that's a ways away. I already have my 30% coupon ready to go, but it's out in my car; doesn't it say "30% off of two games" and not "these two specific games right here"?

[edit] teh grammerz

Paid $91 for Killzone, Ghosts, and BF4. Putting Ghosts on eBay for $55, so I'll end up having basically gotten Killzone and BF4 for 50% off. Thanks guys.

Christ, I hope this works. I have 2 Targets nearby, and a third that's a ways away. I already have my 30% coupon ready to go, but it's out in my car; doesn't it say "30% off of two games" and not "these two specific games right here"?

[edit] teh grammerz
Yes it does but employees are giving people crap about it anyway. Do you guys think they can retroactively adjust the receipt with the coupon?

Yes. The problem the guy had with it was on the back it had a stipulation about "Not valid with any other offers" (the B2G1F in his mind).

Yes it does but employees are giving people crap about it anyway. Do you guys think they can retroactively adjust the receipt with the coupon?
They can; it's up to the discretion of the clerk at CS

If you get someone that doesn't want to let you use the coupon bring up this website and inform them you will just go to another Target.

Edit: Obviously YMMV, but that works more often than you'd think.

For those looking for cozies to buy. I found another endcap in my store last night in the food section. It was against the back wall with a bunch of monster energy drinks all around the display. This is YMMV but was surprised to see another in the same store.

The coupon doesn't work with PS4 games automatically, but it does automatically stack with B2G1. So if they give you trouble show them that it works with three PS3 games.

I had 2 coupons so I got:

Assassin's Creed 4

Battlefield 4

Killzone

COD Ghosts (will have to exchange that or something to get Lego)

Knack

Wonderful 101

They had to manually override it. There were 2 other guys there with coupons as well.

Ugh, my Target would not sell me Killzone today. They showed me the internal memo which basically says they are holding KZ, Knack and NBA 2K14 until Friday. It was worded really odd... something about it being held in POG until 11/15 but can be available to customers when received. Whatever that means.

I ended up getting BF4, AC:BF and Fifa with the 30% off. Hopefully on Friday I can go back and exchange one of them for KZ.

Also, as others have stated, the 30% off coupon will require a manager override. I got mine yesterday by purchasing a couple coozies at self-checkout.

If they hesitate about the manager override what are you guys telling them? I want to be as prepared as I can be

*puts game face on*

If they hesitate about the manager override what are you guys telling them? I want to be as prepared as I can be

*puts game face on*
They might. I'm about to try a Customer Service adjustment with it. I mean the difference between Amazon and Target is like a $1 and some change at this point (I got a $5 gift card out of my Assassin's Creed 4 preorder) but if I can get the dirty 30 I'm going for it.

If your gonna return and rebuy games and use your 30% coupon do a full return (get your money back) and then rebuy all 3 games in a separate transaction . The coupon still does not stack with ps4 titles but you should be able to get an over ride easy enough . If they give your hard time getting the over ride go grab some ps3 and have them scan to prove to them it should work .

Finally had a good Target experience! I got the games I wanted Killzone, Knack, and NBA2K14. When she was ringing me up she scanned the 30% off coupon and it wouldn't worked. I told her about how it would work on current gen games but not next gen games. She was confused, called the manager and I explained to her the situation, she tried it on 2 copies of a PS3 game and the coupon worked. The woman then took 30% off of one game, it was only $18 but I didn't even expect for them to use the coupon so I didn't argue got 3 next gen titles for $100 can't complain.

So "Limit one manufacturer" means you can get a Wii U game and a 3DS game, correct??

I might save my coupon for Zelda 3DS and the new Mario Wii U game next week, and just take advantage of the Amazon B2G1 free.

(sorry if this has been discussed)

If you get shot down trying to get an override for the coupon I would just buy all 3 games to make sure you get what you want before stuff sells out . Take the games and receipt to a different target and tell them you forgot to use the coupon .

Are people in Florida getting the coupon? I think I'll be up there in a couple hours so I might try to get one.
That's actually what I wanted to know, is if anyone has gotten a 30% off coupon today? Thinking about trying for another one and buying GT6 and SMB3DW in a few weeks.

Worked for me in Las Vegas had to go to two different targets and 7 reservation cards to get the 30% off coupon but it worked. No problem getting an override.

I should have maybe tried more. I did 5 purchases and did not receive the coupon today. My target had every PS4, didn't notice NFS though. I wish I would have gone on a earlier day to get the coupon would have save me a bunch.

Well some good news. Earlier I posted that I wasn't successful with combining the offers but I went to another Target in town and they had no problem manually giving me the discount. I just told them that the offer did work with PS3 games and that it was probably something to do with the games being brand new and not completely in sync with the system. Haha goodluck guys

Coupon is still printing today, I got one this morning on a Watch_Dogs PS4 reservation card.  This was after I used a coupon (which needed manual override) stacked with the Buy 2 Get 1 deal on PS4 games.  A worthwhile stop at Target.

I just got back from Target. I got buy 2, get one free but I wasn't able to use the coupon because the back of it says that it can't be combined with other offers.

Is this true for everyone else's coupon?

@Pinesal - Yes, it does say it. I would just say "try it on other systems," seeing as it automatically goes through on current-gen games. That, or go to another store (hoping that there's another one with reasonable distance).

I have good news: I was able to get it done.

I got AC4, BF4, and Knack. Yes, Knack, as in "the game that they can't sell until Friday." There was also the sports games, CoD: Ghosts, and Killzone; no NFS, tho (kinda disappointed).

I dealt with three people: associate who got the games out of the cage, who handed to another one (who rang me out). He looked at the coupon, and immediately said "this won't work; it's DS games only" and pointed to the picture.

lololololol

I mentioned it doesn't say that, so he called a manger over. She looked at the coupon front and back, and said "well, it doesn't say what systems it's for, so...OK," punched in her manager number, and I watched $38 get knocked off.

Three next-gen launch titles for

Ok so here's the deal, I went to a target earlier this morning and wasn't able to get the deal. Bought my 2 games and got 1 free. I decided to try another Target around 11 and it worked! Problem is I don't know how long it'll take to get my refund on my credit card if I return the games for a refund to the previous target. Does anyone know how long it takes to get funds back on a credit card ?

I got 2 coupons today also. Printed on the 2nd and 6th card scanned. She was using the same 2 cards and eventually just one card and voiding when it didn't work.

Went in this morning and got the 30% off  but I just realized my copy of BF4 (PS4) is just a standard edition and doesn't include China Rising expansion. Is this the same for anyone else? And the stupid thing I didnt realize it till after it was open it because I saw the game was shrink wrapped instead of the usual thin plastic wrap  :wall: and I ended up opening it right away to see if someone had stolen/returned it. This actually happened to me @ wallyworld a few years back, brand new game had nothing in it.

That's actually what I wanted to know, is if anyone has gotten a 30% off coupon today? Thinking about trying for another one and buying GT6 and SMB3DW in a few weeks.
I got one over lunch on the 3rd card, so it still seems to be working today.

anyone have luck returning the reservation cards? i got a bunch of them and targets like a mile away.
This is what I'd like to know. I tried returning the cards, but they told me I couldn't return reservation cards. I called guest services and they told me they don't know what the official policy is and couldn't help me out either. Has anyone else had any success in returning the reservation cards?

Wow. I got the 30% off coupon on my first try. This was at my local Phoenix Az store. I just bought the Watch Dogs 360 reserve card. $1 to save 30% is a killer deal!

Can this be used on on more that 2 games in the transaction? For example, if I bought 6 games, would I get the 30% applied to all games or only 2?

bread's done
Back