30% Trade-In Bonus...is Back...Again...

do you need that coupon barcode for the trade? unless that's only an internal newsletter for GS/EB associates.

Wonder how much they are giving for the games on clearance at CC (Sylpheed, Bullet Witch, etc).

Hmmm... Trade 3 - not quite as good as the last coupon but maybe I can scrounge something up.

[quote name='TheRock88']Does it stack with the Edge card?[/QUOTE]

And so it begins....

(Yes, it does, unless the employee is 1) dumb or 2) overseen by an a-hole manager)

I'm trading in my Xbox as I just got a 360, will this 30% add on to the hardware credit? Meaning the system, controllers, microphone, etc.

This is sort of tempting. However I always seem to have awful experiences in brick and mortar stores. It's kind of part of why I just started hording my used games and giving them away to poor relatives.

I guess I'm wondering if this is going to be a YMMV sort of deal. Where a gamestore employee can simply say no. (By no, I mean create a situation where a social phobic like me is just going to immediately back down, take their games, and just go off to enjoy a nice salad rather than CAG-fighting for my rights.)

[quote name='Nealocus123']I'm trading in my Xbox as I just got a 360, will this 30% add on to the hardware credit? Meaning the system, controllers, microphone, etc.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that this is for games only.

I've never had any trouble getting this to work before, except for the extremely YMMV 50% + thing. I'm sort of the same way though, as I don't want to cause problems or make the employees say "It's that guy again" when I walk into the store >.> (Having previously worked there, I understand the benefit of not being "that guy" while being forced to do business with Gamestop).

That being said I usually divide my business between the two Gamestops here. Dunno what I'll use this time though I have plenty of games to use this with. Gotta love the 30% coupons...getting back 75% or so of what I paid for the games new :lol:

[quote name='topnotch97']do you need that coupon barcode for the trade? unless that's only an internal newsletter for GS/EB associates.[/quote]

Its not on the website, so unless they havent updates the site yet you will need the code.

Will this work with any games? As an example, my brother buys sports games every damn year and he has games going back to about '04 or whatever. Will they take those?

[quote name='mike.m']Will this work with any games? As an example, my brother buys sports games every damn year and he has games going back to about '04 or whatever. Will they take those?[/quote]
Some stores might still take them but for very very little. GS usually only takes sports games from up to 2 years ago.

[quote name='mike.m']Will this work with any games? As an example, my brother buys sports games every damn year and he has games going back to about '04 or whatever. Will they take those?[/quote]

Maybe, but 30% of 50 cents isn't that much...

Any USED game from Blockbuster Game Rush net more at GS/EB after 30% off coupon. I wanted to transfer GR credit to GS/EB credit.

I'm pretty sure the least amount that they'll give you for something is 99 cents I remember that's how much they offered me for a DVD that they didn't have in their system, and Wartech: Senko no Ronde. If they're only going to give you $1, it's almost better to just hold onto it, no matter how old it is.

I've been meaning to part with Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect since I've beaten them. Might be the right time to trade it in.

I traded in Assassin's Creed today for $36 with pre-order and edge, would have been nice to get 40% instead with this.. would have been over $40. Great timing to get rid of the game if you've finished it.

Bye Bye Assasins Creed, NBA Live 08, and that last copy of Halo 3 that I found. I guess most stores needed to restock after the B21F deal.

The code is the same for everyone. I am guessing that perhaps they don't plan on advertising this on the site or making it an automatic deal in store, so that is why you need the e-mail.

[quote name='JMD3']Any guess to what Mario Galaxy is going for? I have a sealed copy, so it would have to be worth it..[/QUOTE]

EBgames/Gamestop always has a few values listed on their webpage, and SMG is one of them: $30

They'll go much lower than 99 cents. My friend took in a bunch of original xbox games and some were 25 cents. One of them was the first Mech Assault.

So just beware that there trade in prices are terrible. I get more from Game Crazy with no deals what-so-ever. Like someone said already 30% on top of pocket change doesn't help.

Sweet, I might just trade in the games I was going to sell, since the difference is probably nothing at all and I don't have to worry about shipping the stuff out. Just need to find out what Eternal Sonata and Orange Box trade in for to make sure it's worth it, since I already know what Halo 3 and Mass Effect get.

OT but if I were to trade in my Xbox + a few controllers and a few older games would it be good to take advantage of this deal or would Gamecrazy give better credit? Thanks.

[quote name='KoalaBob']

Does Game Crazy ever do these trade-in deals? I prefer their trade-in values as they're usually higher from what I've experienced.[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy had a SWEET 50% bonus trade-in deal last summer. It didn't include PS2/GC/Xbox but it was nice (as it did include DS and PSP). Of course GC prices + 50% was in every way better than any EB/GS deal. The only problem is that they run deals like that much less frequently than EB/GS.

The one nice thing about this EB/GS deal is that they do allow the older stuff. So while getting 30% on top of $1 (or 25 cents) is insignificant, you could use two throwaway games to get the 3 necessary for the trade-in bonus (thus bumping your Mario Galaxy or Halo 3 or whatever up without having to get rid of other 360/Wii games).

Hmm, maybe it's time to part with Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. $17 trade-in for Metroid, but sold for $45 used? That's crazy.

[quote name='KoalaBob']In Las Vegas, Orange Box trades-in at 26 dollars. So, if you live in Las Vegas, with the 30 percent trade-in bonus, you're probably looking at 33.80. This would work well with the 10 percent off one's next purchase coupon.
[/QUOTE]

GS trade-in values are the same nation-wide btw. Unless of course you get some over-zealous store/employees that want to dock you for missing manual or something.

[quote name='jer7583']I traded in Assassin's Creed today for $36 with pre-order and edge, would have been nice to get 40% instead with this.. would have been over $40. Great timing to get rid of the game if you've finished it.[/QUOTE]

Is the base value trade-in of AC $30? If so, wouldn't it just be $38 after this deal? I'm half-considering trading in my copy; bought it for $38 from Best Buy but I'm thinking I don't have time for it and it just might not be my bag anyway.

Also, does anyone know if Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is still a base $20 trade-in credit? Neither game is in the CAG wiki, only reason I'm asking.

EDIT: Anyone trade in FFXII lately? CAG wiki has it at $12 but that was from a few months ago. Since I got it for $5 from TRU it'd be a hell of a deal! :)

[quote name='lunker']Is the base value trade-in of AC $30? If so, wouldn't it just be $38 after this deal? I'm half-considering trading in my copy; bought it for $38 from Best Buy but I'm thinking I don't have time for it and it just might not be my bag anyway.

Also, does anyone know if Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is still a base $20 trade-in credit? Neither game is in the CAG wiki, only reason I'm asking.

EDIT: Anyone trade in FFXII lately? CAG wiki has it at $12 but that was from a few months ago. Since I got it for $5 from TRU it'd be a hell of a deal! :)[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop website has a 'trade-in values' page that lists a handful of popular titles for each system. It's not always updated as it should be, but it lists Zelda:pH at $18 trade-in credit. So, if you have an Edge card, trade in two other game alongside it, and use the coupon, you could get $25.20 for it (assuming the $18 value is still valid).

[quote name='lunker']Is the base value trade-in of AC $30? If so, wouldn't it just be $38 after this deal? I'm half-considering trading in my copy; bought it for $38 from Best Buy but I'm thinking I don't have time for it and it just might not be my bag anyway.

[/QUOTE]

$30 trade in value + 30% trade in value ($9) + 10% Edge ($3) = $42

Considering trading in Orange Box, Madden 08 (but its still sealed), etc. The only expensive 360 game I don't want to trade is Halo 3, because MS has tended to keep the franchise at original msrp for a year or two after release. It would help if I wanted something other than Mass Effect or Zack & Wiki.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']$30 trade in value + 30% trade in value ($9) + 10% Edge ($3) = $42[/QUOTE]

Bah, you're right -- I realized this math afterward but was too late to the edit.

And thanks for the PH tip, mkernan; I'll likely swing by tomorrow to trade in.

[quote name='lunker']Bah, you're right -- I realized this math afterward but was too late to the edit.

And thanks for the PH tip, mkernan; I'll likely swing by tomorrow to trade in.[/quote]i'll probably trade in ph as well. BTW does anyone have the link for the $2 edge card? my subscription is going to expire.

bread's done
Back