30% Trade-In Bonus...is Back...Again...

[quote name='mkernan']The Gamestop website has a 'trade-in values' page that lists a handful of popular titles for each system. It's not always updated as it should be, but it lists Zelda:pH at $18 trade-in credit. So, if you have an Edge card, trade in two other game alongside it, and use the coupon, you could get $25.20 for it (assuming the $18 value is still valid).[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats actually more than I paid for it!

[quote name='themidnighter23']any way we can get this in "email" form[/quote]

Little crop/resize and looks pretty good to me :p

8f1naq0.jpg

For the curious at heart, here are a few of the trade-in values I received (prices before promo and Edge):

CoD4 (360) - $30, as listed on their website
LEGO SW: TCS (360) - $18
FFV Advance (GBA) - $8
MUA/Forza 2 (360) - $8

Also, I traded in an Xbox 360 wireless controller ($18) and a PS3 SIXAXIS ($22).

FYI / for the wiki:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - $25
Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) - $2
Super Princess Peach (DS) - $10
Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox) - $1.50

I am pretty sure it does. There is no mention of what system it pertains to, either in the e-mail or on GS's website, so it would be safe to assume they mean any PS2 system.

Worked like a charm.

Traded (30% + 10%):
:ps3:Assassin's Creed ~ $42
:ds:FFXII: RW ~ $28
:360:Guitar Hero 3 (Game Only) ~ $28
:360:Guitar Hero 3 Controller ~ $22 (Meh, irritated I couldn't get that traded in as the set, and not seperately, but what do you do).
Total = $120

Bought:
:ps3:DMC4 (Preorder)
:360:Lost Odyssey (Preorder)
$120 Credit + $10 = 3 for 2 :D Not bad

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I am pretty sure it does. There is no mention of what system it pertains to, either in the e-mail or on GS's website, so it would be safe to assume they mean any PS2 system.[/quote]Its pretty cool considering there's no set limit. thanks.

New to this site. Had a quick question. Do you get more trade in value if you trade in games is mutiple of 3. If so how, is there a coupon. And has anyone use this 30% more trade in with the edge card (does it give you 40 % more trade value ?) Thanks in advance

does anyone know how much the Forza Motorspot/ M:UA double pack sells for? I saw the game being sold for $80 but I doubt theyd be willing to pay even half of that for it. Anyone know?

[quote name='jmiller']New to this site. Had a quick question. Do you get more trade in value if you trade in games is mutiple of 3. If so how, is there a coupon. And has anyone use this 30% more trade in with the edge card (does it give you 40 % more trade value ?) Thanks in advance[/quote]

Using the coupon, 30% is 30%, as long as there are at least 3 games. No difference how/what groups the games are traded.
And if there's an Edge card involved, 40%.

[quote name='jasonsoldout']does anyone know how much the Forza Motorspot/ M:UA double pack sells for? I saw the game being sold for $80 but I doubt theyd be willing to pay even half of that for it. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

According to a post on the previous page of this very thread, $8. Don't they sell them for $19.99 used or something?

Hmm..bought COD4 and AC for $30 each. Just started playing AC and havent open COD4 yet. I should just go trade them in and get $42 each and get them again later at lower prices. Got a giant backlog of PS2 games I need to get throgh anyways.

I am wanting to trade skate.(PS3), Ninja Gaiden Sigma, & Assasin's Creed(PS3). Does anyone know the value of skate.(PS3) & Ninja Gaiden Sigma? I have edge so with this coupon I will get 40% added on to base trade value of each game right? Also does anyone know the current value of these games at BB/Gamecrazy? I have one by my dad's house but it could be anywhere from 1 to 2 months till I can get to it but I get cash back for those since my Dad rent's tons of movies.

[quote name='DrNo888']Hmm..bought COD4 and AC for $30 each. Just started playing AC and havent open COD4 yet. I should just go trade them in and get $42 each and get them again later at lower prices. Got a giant backlog of PS2 games I need to get throgh anyways.[/quote]
Don't know about COD4 (isn't my cup of tea), but AC is a rental if anything. Great game in my opinion if a tad repetitive. Game should last you no more than 10 hours or so, additional memories not withstanding (basically collecting flags in random locations, nothing worth doing unless you're really a completionist). Given you have until Jan 20th though, why not beat it and then trade it before then? ;)

Can somebody tell me how much Mass Effect and Halo 3 are trading in for (w/out edge or deal) right now? Many thanks.

Shite,
Im so tired I knew I misread somethin':roll: Print coupon...take coupon with trades...get extra 30% with qualifing shtuff. Duh. Great. Now Im inclined to go and pickup Ps3 guitar hero III.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Shite,
Im so tired I knew I misread somethin':roll: Print coupon...take coupon with trades...get extra 30% with qualifing shtuff. Duh. Great. Now Im inclined to go and pickup Ps3 guitar hero III.[/quote]

Heh, I was thinking of picking up GH3 too, if they had any.

[quote name='Armenius']Don't know about COD4 (isn't my cup of tea), but AC is a rental if anything. Great game in my opinion if a tad repetitive. Game should last you no more than 10 hours or so, additional memories not withstanding (basically collecting flags in random locations, nothing worth doing unless you're really a completionist). Given you have until Jan 20th though, why not beat it and then trade it before then? ;)[/quote]

I'll be out of town next week, but will be back before the 20th.
However, I don't think I will finish it in time anyways since I suck at games lol.
I am in Jerusalem about to do the assassination. From what I hear, the rest of the game is spent doing these missions over and over. If that's the case, I may just trade it in tomorrow before I leave town, if I have time.

Curious about the plot twist and ending tho.

Husband and I had a crapload of things we'd been meaning to get rid of for ages, and couldn't be bothered waiting around for any better trade deals on most of them, so we got rid of a lot of stuff this evening.

For the wiki, all before bonuses and edge...

PSP:
Mercury Meltdown $3

PS2:
Hot Shots Golf Fore $4
I traded three DDR games, Extreme, DDRMAX1 and DDRMAX2-- The receipt isn't clear which is which but two were $10 and one was $9.
Chulip $2
Karaoke Revolution $11
Karaoke Revolution 2 $15
Shadow of the Colossus $6
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves $5
Rogue Galaxy $8

DS:
Pokemon Diamond $18
Pokemon Pearl $18
New Super Mario Bros $15
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney $6
Elite Beat Agents $5
Yoshi's Island DS $10
Meteos $2.50
Contact $5
Mario Kart DS $14

Super Mario 64 DS $12

360:
DiRT $16

Gamecube:
Harvest Moon: A wonderful life $2.50

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy $30
Mario Strikers Charged $17

[quote name='jezebelseven']Husband and I had a crapload of things we'd been meaning to get rid of for ages, and couldn't be bothered waiting around for any better trade deals on most of them, so we got rid of a lot of stuff this evening.

PSP:
Mercury Meltdown $3

PS2:
Hot Shots Golf Fore $4
I traded three DDR games, Extreme, DDRMAX1 and DDRMAX2-- The receipt isn't clear which is which but two were $10 and one was $9.
Chulip $2
Karaoke Revolution $11
Karaoke Revolution 2 $15
Rogue Galaxy $8

DS:
Pokemon Diamond $18
Pokemon Pearl $18
New Super Mario Bros $15
Elite Beat Agents $5
Yoshi's Island DS $10
Meteos $2.50
Contact $5
Mario Kart DS $14

Super Mario 64 DS $12

360:
DiRT $16

Gamecube:

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy $30
Mario Strikers Charged $17[/quote]

I would have gladly paid even more than the bonus you got on HM for GC.

I haven't tried this coupon yet, but am I the only one that finds it a bit odd looking? It looks like something that was cut and pasted in Photoshop. On some parts of the text you can actually see a darker shade of white, like words were pasted together. Could just be my monitor..

Also, this deal isn't on the EBGames or Gamestop site as of yet. The only current deal is like 20% extra trade credit. I also never received this letter and I usually always get them :/

I was just curious if anyone else thought the coupon looked a bit wierd. I wanted to make sure it was legit before I tried it out. I got harassed pretty bad at a Blockbuster during that whole ordeal a month or so ago (5 for $25).

[quote name='DrNo888']I'll be out of town next week, but will be back before the 20th.
However, I don't think I will finish it in time anyways since I suck at games lol.
I am in Jerusalem about to do the assassination. From what I hear, the rest of the game is spent doing these missions over and over. If that's the case, I may just trade it in tomorrow before I leave town, if I have time.

Curious about the plot twist and ending tho.[/quote]

Eh, yes the game is essentially the first mission redone with different dialogue nine times. The ending is pretty neat, and the storyline going into AC 2 really picks up with the present day stuff.

Still a rental though :p

[quote name='jezebelseven']Husband and I had a crapload of things we'd been meaning to get rid of for ages, and couldn't be bothered waiting around for any better trade deals on most of them, so we got rid of a lot of stuff this evening.

PSP:
Mercury Meltdown $3

PS2:
Hot Shots Golf Fore $4
Chulip $2
Karaoke Revolution $11
Karaoke Revolution 2 $15
Rogue Galaxy $8

DS:
Pokemon Diamond $18
Pokemon Pearl $18
New Super Mario Bros $15
Elite Beat Agents $5
Yoshi's Island DS $10
Meteos $2.50
Contact $5
Mario Kart DS $14

Super Mario 64 DS $12

360:
DiRT $16

Gamecube:

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy $30
Mario Strikers Charged $17[/quote]

I wanted Ace Attorney :drool:

[quote name='davo1224']I would have gladly paid even more than the bonus you got on HM for GC.[/QUOTE]

I'd put it up on ebay twice and it never sold, and selling it with paypal fees became pointless below the prices I'd listed it for, so it went in the 'just get rid of it' pile.

As usual, I realize there's some I could sell for more, but when you calculate in shipping costs, gas prices, and effort, it worked out well enough. I walked out the door with $370 of credit... sorry :p

[quote name='jezebelseven']I'd put it up on ebay twice and it never sold, and selling it with paypal fees became pointless below the prices I'd listed it for, so it went in the 'just get rid of it' pile.

As usual, I realize there's some I could sell for more, but when you calculate in shipping costs, gas prices, and effort, it worked out well enough. I walked out the door with $370 of credit... sorry :p[/quote]not bad for al that. did you use the edge card?

[quote name='bart122580']I used the image from post #51, worked fine today.[/QUOTE]

Yes but the compression is horrible. At least when you copy text to an image, save as a png for crying out loud.

PSP:
Mercury Meltdown $3

PS2:
Hot Shots Golf Fore $4
Chulip $2
Karaoke Revolution $11
Karaoke Revolution 2 $15
Rogue Galaxy $8

DS:
Pokemon Diamond $18
Pokemon Pearl $18
New Super Mario Bros $15
Elite Beat Agents $5
Yoshi's Island DS $10
Meteos $2.50
Contact $5
Mario Kart DS $14

Super Mario 64 DS $12

360:
DiRT $16

Gamecube:

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy $30
Mario Strikers Charged $17[/QUOTE]
Was this the Englewood store on Hoke? I might have some shopping to do.

Would trading a Xbox and some games at Gamestop in addition to this deal give me more credit than Gamecrazy? Or will Gamecrazy still be a better idea?

[quote name='Nealocus123']Would trading a Xbox and some games at Gamestop in addition to this deal give me more credit than Gamecrazy? Or will Gamecrazy still be a better idea?[/quote]

Gamecrazy will just about always be better, but this deal isn't gonna help you trade in an xbox and xbox games. Nothing plus 30% is still nothing.

Will this give you a 30% bonus to your entire trade? So if I traded in a three crappy games plus an XBOX 360 core would it give me 30% onto the trade-in of the 360?

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']Will this give you a 30% bonus to your entire trade? So if I traded in a three crappy games plus an XBOX 360 core would it give me 30% onto the trade-in of the 360?[/QUOTE]

I'm almost certain it's for games only, not for system trade-ins, sorry.

I'm going to trade in Assassin's Creed, Zelda PH and either FFXII or Nanostray today, assuming I can break away on my lunch break.

[quote name='radjago']Was this the Englewood store on Hoke? I might have some shopping to do.[/QUOTE]

Yup!

[quote name='vze21gwa']not bad for al that. did you use the edge card?[/QUOTE]

Yup, also doubles of two or three of the games.

Keep on eye on their deals. GS sometimes has either 1) a general $20 bonus on system trade-ins or 2) specific system trade-up offers, where they will give bonus credit for trading the system in towards the revision or next generation.

[quote name='DrNo888']What's trade in value for FFXII and Rogue Galaxy?
I don't think the Wiki has latest values.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jezebelseven']
Rogue Galaxy $8
...[/QUOTE]
^

bread's done
Back