30% Trade-In Bonus...is Back...Again...

You know, it is kind of funny how "return fraud" is frowned upon on this site but uploading an image of a targeted email coupon or a scan of a coupon not intended to be copied for others to use is perfectly alright...

The morals are kind of wonky but then again, it is the internet so it kind of goes along with the territory.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You know, it is kind of funny how "return fraud" is frowned upon on this site but uploading an image of a targeted email coupon or a scan of a coupon not intended to be copied for others to use is perfectly alright...

The morals are kind of wonky but then again, it is the internet so it kind of goes along with the territory.[/quote]

Anyone who signs up for the mailing list is supposed to get this coupon. It's not like it's an exclusive club coupon. It's an e-coupon, at that and not a scan of a physical coupon.

I do question the morality of scanning coupons and uploading them, like the 10% CC coupons.

No mailing list will allow people to return items illegally.

[quote name='saintpale']Weird, ac still shows as 30 on the site...[/quote]

I've heard the site is slow to update. Plus the deal is coming to an end soon and I'm sure they have received tons of AC trade-ins because of its non existent replay value and $38~$40 price point across the board right before Christmas.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You know, it is kind of funny how "return fraud" is frowned upon on this site but uploading an image of a targeted email coupon or a scan of a coupon not intended to be copied for others to use is perfectly alright...

The morals are kind of wonky but then again, it is the internet so it kind of goes along with the territory.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether fraud (Wal-mart returns) has a moral component in an individual's mind, it does not change the legality of the act, which, absent some freakish jurisdiction I'm unaware of, is an act of common law fraud in every state in America.

Guess I'll report what trade values were yesterday as well:

PS3
AC $25 - After 40% = $35
Heavenly Sword $22 - " " 40% = $30.80

PS2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $6 - " " 40% = $8.40
MGS 3: Snake Eater $3 - " " 40% = $4.20

Xbox
Prince Of Persia: WW $2 - " " 40% = $2.80
NJ Black $9 - " " 40% = $12.60
Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack $4 - " " 40% = 5.60

Edge Card is a definite must-have if you ever go to EB/GS, DEFINITELY.

After that I picked up a used Uncharted $54.99(PS3) and Contra 4 $24.99(DS), and after the 10% e-mail coupon and stacked with Edge Card it came down to $43.99 and $19.99 so I still got some credit left over. Good stuff.

Today's trade-in values, all before coupon & Edge:

GTA: San Andreas (ps2) - $8
GTA 3 (ps2) - $1
GTA: Vice City (ps2) - $1
Godfather (ps3) - $8
Bully (ps2) - $8
DOA Xtreme 2 (360) - $5
Def Jam Icon (360) - $8

[quote name='sp00ge']Anyone who signs up for the mailing list is supposed to get this coupon. It's not like it's an exclusive club coupon. It's an e-coupon, at that and not a scan of a physical coupon.

I do question the morality of scanning coupons and uploading them, like the 10% CC coupons.

No mailing list will allow people to return items illegally.[/QUOTE]

And if you aren't on the mailing list? There's a reason I mentioned it as a "targeted" mailing. I'm on Gamestop's mailing list yet I didn't get it. What about the people who aren't even on Gamestop's mailing list to begin with? Should they be allowed to use it as well. If Gamestop wanted any old joe to use the coupon don't you think they'd put it on their website or even post it in the store?

You guys can justify it away all you want cause I could really care less about either situation, I'm merely pointing it out.

Edit- Here's a great example http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168561

Using some of the trade in values listed in this thread and the values listed on their website, I've come up with a way to predict what a games base trade in value might be based on what they're selling it used for online. So far I have looked at Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and PSP games.

Wii
Games under $44.99: Multiply the used price by .4695 (Based on 4 games so might not be as accurate)
Games that are $44.99: Around $18.75.

PS3:
Games under $54.99: Multiply by .2816
Games that are $54.99: Around $25.

Xbox 360
Games under $54.99: Multiply by .3246
Games that are $54.99: Around $26.50.

PSP
Games that are under $34.99: Multiply by .3141
Games that are $34.99: Around $15.85.

ok, seriously some of u ppl are super annoying.

1. read thru the thread b4 posting your comment. why is there always 10+ pages of ppl asking the same question?!?!!!! "does anybody know if this coupon works on systems?" read the f'ing thread already.

2.if u wanna know the trade in value of a game just call the f'ing store!! lazy bastards make it a pain to read these threads cause it is the same questions for 10+ pages makes it a pain to find any kind of relevant information.

seriously, stop already ppl.

[quote name='42zeRo']ok, seriously some of u ppl are super annoying.

1. read thru the thread b4 posting your comment. why is there always 10+ pages of ppl asking the same question?!?!!!! "does anybody know if this coupon works on systems?" read the f'ing thread already.

2.if u wanna know the trade in value of a game just call the f'ing store!! lazy bastards make it a pain to read these threads cause it is the same questions for 10+ pages makes it a pain to find any kind of relevant information.

seriously, stop already ppl.[/QUOTE]

Who are you?

seriously, stop already ppl.[/quote]
1) I could understand if the information is listed in the OP, but come on...you expect people to read every, single post for their answer? Get real.

2) Many cashiers will not give out multiple trade-in values over the phone. The company wants you to come into the store with the stuff and hand it over, so that after you see the terrible values, you'll be like, "Screw it, I'm here already."

seriously, stop already ppl.[/quote]

How about you shut the fuck up and stop posting? As Bruce already mentioned, the stores won't give out trade-in values over the phone. They're hoping you make the trip there and decide to just settle for what they're offering.

[quote name='Ub3rChief']How about you shut the fuck up and stop posting? As Bruce already mentioned, the stores won't give out trade-in values over the phone. They're hoping you make the trip there and decide to just settle for what they're offering.[/quote]

How about you calm down as well... Some stores do give trade in values, and some don't, so at worst its YMMV. There are like 20 GS/EB in a 50 mile radius of most people, pick up a phone and call one of them and find out, it's not that hard. I'm not defending the orignal poster's attitde, but what he said was correct. For some people it would make a lot more sense to just call the store; for those that said "they basically only give 3 at a time..." cool guess what, then wait 15 mins and call back. It's not rocket science. It's just being a smart CAG.

Now with that being said does anybody know the price of...

i can usually get 1 or 2 on the phone, but its been forever since i actually did it. it depends how hard up the store is for trade ins. usually newbs that wont give out trade values on the phone dont know how to look them up anyways

I just got back from trading in a few games. Here are the prices for the Wiki. Some of these have been listed, but I just posting all the ones I traded in.

Prices before/after

Elebits (Wii) - $7.00/$9.80
Call of Duty 4 (360) - $30.00/$42.00
Bioshock (360) - $18.00/$25.20
Oblivion GOTY (360) - $24.00/$33.60
Crush (PSP) - $8.00/$11.20
Yoshi's Island DS (DS) - $10.00/$14.00
Pokemon Diamond (DS) - $15.00/$21.00
Elite Beat Agents (DS) - $5.00/$7.00
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) - $12.00/$16.80
Spectrobes (DS) - $8.00/$11.20

Total - $191.80 after 30% coupon and 10% Edge

Quick Question. When the coupon says expires Jan 20th, that means tomorrow ( Sun ) will be the last day for the coupon? OR Was the last day to use it today ( Sat )?

Some more values for the Wiki:

Mega Man ZX (DS) - 8.00
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS) - 7.00
Mario Kart DS (DS) - 14.00
New Super Mario Bros (DS) - 15.00
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (Xbox) - 3.00
Halo 2 (Xbox) - 9.00
Call of Duty 2 (360) - 2.50
Resident Evil 4 (Cube) - 5.00
Lego Star Wars II (360) - 6.00
God of War (PS2) - 8.00
God of War 2 (PS2) - 14.00
Assassin's Creed (360) - 25.00

Also, the Edge Card/GI sub. price has gone up to 19.99. :bomb:

fuck it, I traded in some games as well... Here are some trade-in-values, for the Wiki. ;)

All are for PS2...

Katamari Damacy - 9.00/12.60
Simpsons Road Rage - 3.00/4.20
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - 1.00/1.40
The Sims 2 - 6.00/8.40
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - 7.00/9.80

[quote name='iPod Wizard']Wth?! That's outrageous![/quote]If that's true then well all use the $2 postcard and the ebay subscription. saves $10 total.:)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Quick Question. When the coupon says expires Jan 20th, that means tomorrow ( Sun ) will be the last day for the coupon? OR Was the last day to use it today ( Sat )?[/quote]

The date printed is always the last day you can use these, so Sunday.

And WOW- $20 for an edge card?!

More prices for the Wiki (before 40%/after 40%):

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - $2.50/3.50
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - $7.00/9.80
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - $4.00/5.60
Skies of Arcadia Legends - $6.00/8.40
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - $10.00/14.00
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $16.00/22.40
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - $10.00/14.00
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - $18.00/25.20
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007 - $8.00/11.20
Kingdom Hearts II - $8.00/11.20
God of War II - $14.00/19.60
Okami - $10.00/14.00
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2) - $2.00/2.80
SOCOM II: US Navy Seals - $0.75/1.05
Final Fantasy X-2 - $2.50/3.50
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires - $6.00/8.40

They didn't accept GTA: San Andreas for some reason. Game was complete and mint too.

[quote name='Bavgate']They didn't accept GTA: San Andreas for some reason. Game was complete and mint too.[/quote]

I'm gonna guess they didn't accept it, because it was one of the original runs, with...er...well...you know...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm gonna guess they didn't accept it, because it was one of the original runs, with...er...well...you know...[/quote]

Oh, right. I completely forgot about that. The guy was looking at it funny too, so I was wondering what was up.

^ Well I just renewed today and it was the usual $14.99 for my renewal (I actually *like* the mag so no $2 postcard for me). Also was able to snag a used Persona 3 w/ artbook, soundtrack and manual for $29.24 after this weeks 25% off used PS2 games, edge, and no tax for using store credit.

Not too shabby if I must say so :).

Sigh, I can't decide if I should trade in Halo 3 or not. It's really the only way I'll be able to trade in the other 2 I don't want (and I don't think I'd get the same $ amount if I sold the 2 on CAG or Ebay), but I just know as soon as I trade it in, one of my friends will ask me to play coop or something. :bomb:

Gamecube
F-Zero GX $2
Red Faction 2 $2.50
From Russia With Love $4
Viewtiful Joe $1
Viewtiful Joe 2 $.50
Sonic Mega Collection $5

Wii
Mario Strikers Charged $17
MLB Power Pros $14
Super Paper Mario $16
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 $16

Its been snowing pretty bad the past 2 days. I would have liked to take Mass Effect and 2 other random games but I rather stay in then brave the outdoors at this point.

CAn you still use the coupon today - Sunday? Coupon has 'expires 1/20. Is this the last day you can use it or is it dead?

[quote name='InvaderZim']CAn you still use the coupon today - Sunday? Coupon has 'expires 1/20. Is this the last day you can use it or is it dead?[/quote]

Yes, you can use it today.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Yes, you can use it today.[/quote]
Thanks... and, what shold I be using to print the coupon? Paint, Word, and trying to print the coupon from the webpage = FAIL.

Is the trade in price for :ps3: NBA Street Homecourt still $10 (as on the wiki) or did it go any lower?

Traded in some stuff today.

I asked about the Edge card and the manager said it was the same price as before so I don't know what is up with the $19.99 someone else mentioned.

Wiki Trade-in Values
Assassin's Creed (PS3) - $25.00
God of War II (PS2) - $14.00
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - $7.00
Fire Pro Wrestling (PS2) - $7.00
Devil May Cry 3 (PS2) - $6.00

My total credit after 30% was $76.70, which went toward Rock Band. Used 10% off coupon, bringing Rock Band to $158.52. Spent $81.82 out of my pocket.

Now just gotta get rid of Guitar Hero 3...

wiki trade in values:

burnout revenge (360) - 9.00
tony hawk project 8 (360) - 7.00
gears of war deluxe (360) - 18.00
bioshock (360) - 18.00

got in on the last day of the coupon....thanks OP!

CAGWiki values, as of 4:35 pm CST for Ames, IA on 1/20/08:

Bioshock (X360) : $18
God of War (PS2) : $8
Heavenly Sword (PS3) : $22
Scurge: Hive (NDS) : $1

Didn't use my $68.60 in credit towards anything; am debating on picking up some used PS2 games with the 25% off coupon, or getting Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (if the store has any copies left for people who didn't pre-order.)

Traded AC, Zelda:TP, and a bunch of original XBOX games. Most were less than a dollar. I guess I should have kept the cases for DVDs instead LOL!

Didnt see anything good to spend the $107 credit on. Actually, there were two that I couldn't decide if I wanted them or not: Okami and Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

May go back and get SH: covenant with the PS2 coupon tomorrow.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Traded in some stuff today.

I asked about the Edge card and the manager said it was the same price as before so I don't know what is up with the $19.99 someone else mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Well, this certainly annoys me. The clerk mentioned the price increase in advance, the POS materials near the counter had the 19.99 price, and my receipt has the 19.99 price.

Maybe it's not a national thing (just yet)?

Damnit....I traded in 6 games before looking at this and got 30% off just with the card and some deal going on right now..could have been 60% what a shame.

360:
Madden 08 - 17.00
Prey - 2.50
Need For Speed: PS - 20.00
Need for Speed Carbon - 7.00
Mass Effect - 30.00
Oblivion: GOTY - 24.00

Damnit....I traded in 6 games before looking at this and got 30% off just with the card and some deal going on right now..could have been 60% what a shame.
Don't feel too bad. Stacking deals is highly YMMV. That is not the GS policy, and if it happens, it's because the cashier doesn't know what they are doing. Hell would freeze over before GS gave us 60% trade-in bonus.

I actually have a story about that from this current deal. I traded in a bunch of games towards Rock Band, and while the girl at the counter was scanning everything in, she muttered, "Wow, you're going to get a lot, because there is another trade-in deal towards Rock Band." After she scanned everything in, though, and looked at the coupon, she realized they don't stack and apologized.

[quote name='Callandor']Well, this certainly annoys me. The clerk mentioned the price increase in advance, the POS materials near the counter had the 19.99 price, and my receipt has the 19.99 price.

Maybe it's not a national thing (just yet)?[/quote]

Yes, that is what I am thinking man. Might be a regional test or something...

Sigh. Got price raped but whatever. Here are some more prices for the Wiki (as of 1/20/08):

GCN:
Resident Evil 4 - 5.00
Everything or Nothing - 1.50

PS2:
Crazy Taxi - 2.50
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - 1.00
Lethal Skies: Elite Pilot - Team SW - 1.00
Simpsons Hit & Run - 7.00
SOCOM II: US Navy SEALS - 0.75
WWF Smackdown! Just Bring It - 2.00
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - 3.00

bread's done