[360 OOS] Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition (360) $29.99 (PS3) $49.99 at Amazon

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19767[/IMG-R]The Collector's Edition includes:

• Dead Rising 2 game disc
  • Exclusive two-disc steelbook case
  • High-Def disc with 83 Minute "Zombrex Dead Rising Sun" motion picture and 24 minute "Making of" featurette
  • Zombrex "Syringe" pen
  • Zombrex "Prescription" notepad (25 pages)
  • Zombrex "Safety" card
  • Zombrex "Prospectus" sales brochure (16 pages)
  • Dead Rising 2 hardback artbook (48 pages)
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition $29.99/$49.99 (360 now OOS)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ElektroDragon']Ugh, I read Dead Space 2 and got all excited. Pass.[/QUOTE]
You pass on a dead deal? Congrats

Wow this is an awesome deal. I paid full price and was happy. Jump on this one the game is great and the prospectus journal is hilarious.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']*sigh*

Another CE I could have waited and paid less for. I enjoyed the game, but I thought the CE would at least hold it's value. Ah well, live and learn...[/QUOTE]

I wanna know what you learned though lol
Before this is my exact post 2 months after the Deus Ex CE

amazing - it went from 29.99 -> 49.99 now 69.99 for the xbox 360 within 24hrs! me sooooo sad, i found out about this way too late.

Was able to trade in my regular edition and get this for free. Plus 2 dollars...

As to what was going on earlier...

SDers have just as much right to any deals as you guys do. Someone was simply trying to spread the love around and what does he get? He gets flamed and ganged up on by people on here. Which is something that I see way too often on here.

It's first come, first serve. If you're late to the party then tough luck. If you miss out on a deal then you only have yourself to blame. Don't get mad at SD just because you weren't at your computer at the time.

Someone in this thread said that CAG is "A true community of decent folks" Give me a break! If that were true then you wouldn't flame the hell out of people that were just trying to help others.

Too bad the PS3 version isn't $30.

Oh well, I'll wait for further price drops. Anything to not have to play this game with the terrible 360 controller.

--

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I thought it was like a general rule... multiplatform games are always on the 360.

PS3 and Wii are only for the exclusive games.[/QUOTE]

Not true. My PS3 is for everything. My 360 just collects dust. =)

--

[quote name='Ryan0991']As to what was going on earlier...

SDers have just as much right to any deals as you guys do. Someone was simply trying to spread the love around and what does he get? He gets flamed and ganged up on by people on here. Which is something that I see way too often on here.

It's first come, first serve. If you're late to the party then tough luck. If you miss out on a deal then you only have yourself to blame. Don't get mad at SD just because you weren't at your computer at the time.

Someone in this thread said that CAG is "A true community of decent folks" Give me a break! If that were true then you wouldn't flame the hell out of people that were just trying to help others.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the funny things about some of the people here. They try to act all high and mighty, but when it comes down to the deal, NOBODY here at CAG has any reservations about resorting to the same kind of stuff that SD people do.

They act as if SD is such a 'hive of scum and villainy', when the community here isn't any better. =P

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']

That's one of the funny things about some of the people here. They try to act all high and mighty, but when it comes down to the deal, NOBODY here at CAG has any reservations about resorting to the same kind of stuff that SD people do.

They act as if SD is such a 'hive of scum and villainy', when the community here isn't any better. =P[/QUOTE]

Well of course there are CAG members who are just as shameless some members on SD, and I totally get SD is a much bigger community than CAG, but if you actually read through SD forums, there's no way you don't notice the much higher percentage of douche-ery, and it's not even close.

Just look at the Amazon Student Prime thread alone on both this board and SD, you tell me which one is more civilized. People are just more honest and polite here, and I don't know how anyone can argue against that.

Sorry for the rant...

P.S. My order shipped this morning! Gotta love Prime (Unlike most Slickdealers, I paid for mine since I'm not in school anymore!)

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']They act as if SD is such a 'hive of scum and villainy', when the community here isn't any better. =P[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? We are perfect little angels. O:):pray:O:):pray:

SLICK DEALS IS THE DEVIL, BOBBY BOUSHAY!

Lol at the ps3 controller being superior to the 360s, and the 360s being terrible. The only thing the ps3 is better for is fighting, the Dualshock desperately needs an upgrade, for shooters the close sticks are abysmal to be polite.

And CAG is overall a better community. The difference is you'll see a thread like this and find a person thankful to get in on the deal, but on SD they try to flaunt they bought 20 to make a profit.

Do people on SD regularly trade with others and hook other people up? Cause that happens on CAG, which is why i like it here. Seems to me that every time I go to SD, half the posts are about how to return shit to walmart without a receipt. fuck that place.

Yeah, there are unscrupulous people here too. But like another poster said, the % is smaller.

VIVA CAG!

[quote name='confoosious']Do people on SD regularly trade with others and hook other people up? Cause that happens on CAG, which is why i like it here. Seems to me that every time I go to SD, half the posts are about how to return shit to walmart without a receipt. fuck that place.

Yeah, there are unscrupulous people here too. But like another poster said, the % is smaller.

VIVA CAG![/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Ordered my copy yesterday, and it arrived today :bouncy:

[quote name='confoosious']Do people on SD regularly trade with others and hook other people up? Cause that happens on CAG, which is why i like it here. Seems to me that every time I go to SD, half the posts are about how to return shit to walmart without a receipt. fuck that place.

VIVA CAG![/QUOTE]

:bow:

Mine still hasnt shipped and hasnt deducted money from my bank.
This and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood from K-Mart are all im getting this week.

Hope they ship soon since stuff from Amazon usually gets to my place in Phx pretty fast.

[quote name='Ryan0991']Was able to trade in my regular edition and get this for free. Plus 2 dollars...

As to what was going on earlier...

Someone in this thread said that CAG is "A true community of decent folks" Give me a break! If that were true then you wouldn't flame the hell out of people that were just trying to help others.[/QUOTE]

Hold up, reality check please. Anyone taking a deal to SD is NOT trying to "spread the love". Its simply a move to boost their own status on the site and earn props. Open your eyes.

How come the only people who give a shit about SD points are SD douches?

Has a good CAG ever thought to himself "hmm this is a good deal, let me go get some SD rep points because i need affirmation in my life."

People are just more honest and polite here
Yeah... as long as you don't announce that you're going to resell something or post something on SD or accidentally post in the wrong forum. If you do any of those then the worst flaming ever seen on the internet will come down upon you.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Hey jdb230, I see you're watching this thread. Why the fuck did you post this at SD? Those extra rep points going to get you laid? fucking idiot[/QUOTE] Wow! The politeness is practically flowing from this guy!

Hold up, reality check please. Anyone taking a deal to SD is NOT trying to "spread the love". Its simply a move to boost their own status on the site and earn props. Open your eyes.
I sincerely hope you have a better argument than this massive generalization.

You guys only seem to see in black and white though.

CAG= Heaven
SD= Hell

Right?

Has a good CAG ever thought to himself "hmm this is a good deal, let me go get some SD rep points because i need affirmation in my life."
You mean like the people on here that moan and complain when someone posts something on SD without giving credit to CAG?

Don't mind me though, continue your "snagging" or "nabbing" or whatever word you guys are using these days. Don't forget to keep on punishing the non-believers!

One of us... one of us... one of us...

I'd love to continue this awesome conversation with you but there's a very simple question all of us are dying (actually not really) to ask: if you love SD so much, why are you hanging out here?

[quote name='Ryan0991']Yeah... as long as you don't announce that you're going to resell something or post something on SD or accidentally post in the wrong forum. If you do any of those then the worst flaming ever seen on the internet will come down upon you.

Wow! The politeness is practically flowing from this guy!

I sincerely hope you have a better argument than this massive generalization.

You guys only seem to see in black and white though.

CAG= Heaven
SD= Hell

Right?

You mean like the people on here that moan and complain when someone posts something on SD without giving credit to CAG?

Don't mind me though, continue your "snagging" or "nabbing" or whatever word you guys are using these days. Don't forget to keep on punishing the non-believers!

One of us... one of us... one of us...[/QUOTE]

Just check the Summer's Eve at the door the next time you come in please.

[quote name='confoosious']I'd love to continue this awesome conversation with you but there's a very simple question all of us are dying (actually not really) to ask: if you love SD so much, why are you hanging out here?[/QUOTE]Please tell me where I said that I love SD.

I regularly check CAG and SD for good deals.

[quote name='confoosious']

VIVA CAG![/QUOTE]

I'd argue that the "%" of 'unscrupulous' may actually be higher here on CAG as the community is smaller. The absolute number is almost certainly with SD, but "%" is another issue.

With all the abuse of Gamestop, Telltale, and Toys R Us glitches and the subsequent 'entitled' bitching that goes on when the loopholes are closed I cant see how anyone could automatically put CAG, particularly the deals forums, on the moral high ground.

The other forums, otoh, are where you see the real community aspect. But I wonder what percentage of CAGs actually visit those. It was years before I ever did.

On topic, I ended up passing after much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I really dont need the extras and I'm not dying to play this today. But it was a damn tempting deal.

On CAG deals last for a few hours.
Once SD hears about it it's gone in 5 minutes. Then 3 days later all the copies are up on ebay/amazon marketplace for 3x the price.

[quote name='Ryan0991']Please tell me where I said that I love SD.

I regularly check CAG and SD for good deals.[/QUOTE]

The deals are (usually) better on SD.

The community is better on CAG.

I personally would not take a deal from CAG and post it on SD.

I would rip a deal form SD and post it on CAG.

Just my 2 cent.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']On CAG deals last for a few hours.
Once SD hears about it it's gone in 5 minutes. Then 3 days later all the copies are up on ebay/amazon marketplace for 3x the price.[/QUOTE]

That is called trying to make money. A lot of people seem to be into that these days.

If I see something for $10 that normally cost $50 and I can turn around and sell that for a $30 to $40 profit on each item then I would be stupid not to buy as much as I could.

[quote name='COKEORPEPSI50']That is called trying to make money. A lot of people seem to be into that these days.

If I see something for $10 that normally cost $50 and I can turn around and sell that for a $30 to $40 profit on each item then I would be stupid not to buy as much as I could.[/QUOTE]

So glad SD is invading CAG. Good times.

[quote name='confoosious']So glad SD is invading CAG. Good times.[/QUOTE]

I don't even have an account on SD. I don't get it. CAG is all about saving money but everyone here frowns upon making money. I'm not exactly rich so when I see an opportunity to make some extra money I take advantage of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic, mine arrived earlier today, less than 24 hours after ordering. I love having Prime. Still sealed since it's a gift, but I gotta say I love the packaging of this thing. The pic on the back is kinda amusing, and the steelbook inside is always a plus.

[quote name='COKEORPEPSI50']I don't even have an account on SD. I don't get it. CAG is all about saving money but everyone here frowns upon making money. I'm not exactly rich so when I see an opportunity to make some extra money I take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

This place isn't meant to be so you can make money. It's so "ALL" of us can enjoy a fun game for cheaper than we would've been able to find it on our own.

When you and 100 other people are like "omg I can make $10 on each of these" and buy 5 items each, you just cut 400 CAGs out of the possibility to buy it themselves so they can keep it to play (I say 400 because you're each entitled to one if you want to sell that). Whereas now, you are trying to peddle your more expensive version of the same game onto people who didn't get in on the deal or who just don't know how to shop ;).

[quote name='Darknuke']This place isn't meant to be so you can make money. It's so "ALL" of us can enjoy a fun game for cheaper than we would've been able to find it on our own.

When you and 100 other people are like "omg I can make $10 on each of these" and buy 5 items each, you just cut 400 CAGs out of the possibility to buy it themselves so they can keep it to play (I say 400 because you're each entitled to one if you want to sell that). Whereas now, you are trying to peddle your more expensive version of the same game onto people who didn't get in on the deal or who just don't know how to shop ;).[/QUOTE]

This goes right back to my original point. As I said the sense of entitlement on here is sickening. You say I am entitled to one if I want to sell it? Wrong. Anyone can buy as many as they want and if they want to resell that is their problem not yours.

If someone didn't get in on a deal it is their fault. What is even more sad is you couldn't just say 400 people. You had to say 400 CAGs because you think you deserve it more than other people and I see it on here way too much.

[quote name='COKEORPEPSI50'] What is even more sad is you couldn't just say 400 people. You had to say 400 CAGs because you think you deserve it more than other people and I see it on here way too much.[/QUOTE]
Owned. Still what I think isn't up for discussion because I really don't care. Anyway I received my Zombrex Edition today and I'm quite pleased with the game and (some) of its contents. The steel case in pics on Amazon is slightly deceiving because I thought pill capsules protruded from it but it just has pills etched on it; it's not a big deal at all to be honest. However the box the content is packed in is pretty flimsy and has to be handled with care.
I am going to hate having to watch the Zombrex Dead Rising Sun movie for a podcast review. :wall:

[quote name='COKEORPEPSI50']This goes right back to my original point. As I said the sense of entitlement on here is sickening. You say I am entitled to one if I want to sell it? Wrong. Anyone can buy as many as they want and if they want to resell that is their problem not yours.

If someone didn't get in on a deal it is their fault. What is even more sad is you couldn't just say 400 people. You had to say 400 CAGs because you think you deserve it more than other people and I see it on here way too much.[/QUOTE]

We're people trying to help each other out. We're not people trying to help you make money- go out and get a job for that. We're pointing out deals to one another so we can share in gaming at a cheap price. If people go to Amazon and notice a deal and want to take advantage they can and we wouldn't hold it against that person, but the purpose of this site is for us to help each other find good deals. CAG is a community, communities often have a Neighborhood Watch, and Neighborhood Watches look out for people...well, people like you.

Wow, I regret even mentioning the whole SD post. This is crazy. A deal comes up, you either get in or you don't. Whether one reseller bought all the stock or not, the deal will eventually die. The world moves on and another deal comes up.

Got 2 in before the price went back up- 1 for me and 1 for gift. Sold my ps3 DR2 for an even trade on the Collectors Edition. thanx-

[quote name='mrosnwo']Back on topic, mine arrived earlier today, less than 24 hours after ordering. I love having Prime. Still sealed since it's a gift, but I gotta say I love the packaging of this thing. The pic on the back is kinda amusing, and the steelbook inside is always a plus.[/QUOTE]

does it look better than it seems (the steelbook)? From the picture it looked hideous imo.

bread's done
Back