[360 OOS] Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition (360) $29.99 (PS3) $49.99 at Amazon

Bretts31344

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19767[/IMG-R]The Collector's Edition includes:

• Dead Rising 2 game disc
  • Exclusive two-disc steelbook case
  • High-Def disc with 83 Minute "Zombrex Dead Rising Sun" motion picture and 24 minute "Making of" featurette
  • Zombrex "Syringe" pen
  • Zombrex "Prescription" notepad (25 pages)
  • Zombrex "Safety" card
  • Zombrex "Prospectus" sales brochure (16 pages)
  • Dead Rising 2 hardback artbook (48 pages)
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition $29.99/$49.99 (360 now OOS)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']does it look better than it seems (the steelbook)? From the picture it looked hideous imo.[/QUOTE]
The steelbook is a metallic grey and looks a hell of a lot better than the pictures. In the picture the pills on the steelbook look like they protrude out but they actually are engraved on the steelbook making it look nicer imo.

Is anyone else's ENGLISH/FRENCH all over the packaging. It kind of annoys me. I prefer everything to be in the correct language :)

[quote name='mrosnwo']Back on topic, mine arrived earlier today, less than 24 hours after ordering. I love having Prime. Still sealed since it's a gift, but I gotta say I love the packaging of this thing. The pic on the back is kinda amusing, and the steelbook inside is always a plus.[/QUOTE]

I skipped on the deal just because I wasn't that interested. Just wanted to say though, I currently have a promotional period for Prime and I am really going to miss it once it is over. I will not be paying $80 a year for the subscription as much as I love the service and it is indeed worth it, at least during the holiday/sale seasons. Hopefully there will be many more Prime freebies.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']is anyone else's english/french all over the packaging. It kind of annoys me. I prefer everything to be in the correct language :)[/quote]
+1

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']Is anyone else's ENGLISH/FRENCH all over the packaging. It kind of annoys me. I prefer everything to be in the correct language :)[/QUOTE]

Mine's the same, but I actually enjoy it. I'm sure that in the long run it reduces waste. Besides, what's wrong with challenging this country's xenophobia? There's nothing in the French that isn't already written in English.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']Is anyone else's ENGLISH/FRENCH all over the packaging. It kind of annoys me. I prefer everything to be in the correct language :)[/QUOTE]

Mine is too.

For those that did receive theirs, is the included "Zombrex Brochure" all folded up and look like they just stuffed it in the box? Mine is all jacked up. :lol:

[quote name='Walt Jay']Mine is too.

For those that did receive theirs, is the included "Zombrex Brochure" all folded up and look like they just stuffed it in the box? Mine is all jacked up. :lol:[/QUOTE]
How else would it fit?

I've been ranting about the Zombrex brochure being folded and messed up since the day that this game came out. I would've preferred for it to not be included at all instead of all folded and torn like it was.

I received mine this morning, bright and early. Gotta love Prime membership.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I haven't even received notification from Amazon that my order has shipped. I hope they fulfill it.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't shipped either. I honestly hope they cancel mine though. It was a total impulse buy.

[quote name='biledriver']Mine hasn't shipped either. I honestly hope they cancel mine though. It was a total impulse buy.[/QUOTE]

Mine was delivered this afternoon. I traded in my DR2 for 30 bucks so it was just an upgrade :applause:

Shucks... got the "inclement weather delay" notification, looks like I'll be getting mine tomorrow. Can't really complain though, this is the first of like 30 prime orders that hasn't arrived on time.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the graveyard, since it's only rubbing it in the face of everyone that missed the deal every time the thread is bumped.

BTW, mine arrived today as well. Thanks a lot OP!

[quote name='biledriver']Mine hasn't shipped either. I honestly hope they cancel mine though. It was a total impulse buy.[/QUOTE]

mine has not shipped, but its fsss so it usually lags and takes a while.

it is kind of an impulse buy for me too.. i don't mind if i get it or not, since it is only $30 and pretty cheap for it.

Got mine today the pen and artwork are cool but the band aid and brochure came in bad shape not mad since it was only 30$ but if I paid full price I would be annoyed.

Even though the brochure is folded up, it sure is funny! I love the whole theme they went for. And the pen is really cool too.

Now to play the game and see what that is like.

Is there actually a non-English/French Zombrex edition? I know I've saw a copy in stores awhile back but I can't recall if it was just English

[quote name='GUNNM']How else would it fit?[/QUOTE]

I figured they would have made it the same dimensions as the box, or made it so when folded, it would fit. It looks like they just shoved it in there like it was meant to be packing material.

But, my bitching aside, $30 is a fantastic deal. Thanks OP!

Looks like the PS3 version is now $29.97 with free shipping through JR via Amazon. I passed due to the Xbox version being superior, but for those that want the PS3 version better hurry as it's likely a price mistake.

[quote name='S_G']Looks like the PS3 version is now $29.97 with free shipping through JR via Amazon. I passed due to the Xbox version being superior, but for those that want the PS3 version better hurry as it's likely a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

You're the MAN! Ordered a copy for myself this time and will be trading in my standard edition for $30.50. Thanks S_G

Thankfully no one listened to me yesterday. :lol:
[quote name='dino88']Shouldn't this thread be moved to the graveyard, since it's only rubbing it in the face of everyone that missed the deal every time the thread is bumped.[/QUOTE]

I got mine on the 15th and really love the game. If anyone wants to play this often with me send a friends request to the name used here. I prefer people with good team work so we can actually get stuff done and level up decently. You can be new that is not a problem. I think i am at level 20 now and could use some help killing some of the harder psycho's and what not.

By any chance is there any other dlc not on the marketplace for this?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I got mine on the 15th and really love the game. If anyone wants to play this often with me send a friends request to the name used here. I prefer people with good team work so we can actually get stuff done and level up decently. You can be new that is not a problem. I think i am at level 20 now and could use some help killing some of the harder psycho's and what not.

By any chance is there any other dlc not on the marketplace for this?[/QUOTE]

If you mean un-released DLC then there's the Frank West DLC coming out in late December, ties into the 1st game but I think it's going to be on the pricey side (800 pts maybe?)

I just did a live chat with amazon and received a $10 promo credit for my order over the discrepancy whether or not Case Zero was included as it was listed in the product features section. I had thought it cost $10 on xbox, which is why I received $10, but after I ended the chat, I saw that it only really costs $5.00. So if anyone else sends a complaint, I would suggest being honest as amazon has the best customer service and are great for giving out credits for errors and such.

[quote name='etcrane']If you mean un-released DLC then there's the Frank West DLC coming out in late December, ties into the 1st game but I think it's going to be on the pricey side (800 pts maybe?)[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more the lines of the soldier skill pack and the ninja and so on. I was wondering if there was any preorder bonus content that was not on the marketplace. I bought them all on the MP but love the game so much i want to get whatever is out there. :) Chuck looks so awesome as a soldier brings back memories of dolph from universal soldier for some reason. The ninja outfit looks rad to but feels kinda watered down in looks department for me.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I was thinking more the lines of the soldier skill pack and the ninja and so on. I was wondering if there was any preorder bonus content that was not on the marketplace. I bought them all on the MP but love the game so much i want to get whatever is out there. :) Chuck looks so awesome as a soldier brings back memories of dolph from universal soldier for some reason. The ninja outfit looks rad to but feels kinda watered down in looks department for me.[/QUOTE]
Looks like they've pulled it from the info already

[quote name='jdb230']I just did a live chat with amazon and received a $10 promo credit for my order over the discrepancy whether or not Case Zero was included as it was listed in the product features section. I had thought it cost $10 on xbox, which is why I received $10, but after I ended the chat, I saw that it only really costs $5.00. So if anyone else sends a complaint, I would suggest being honest as amazon has the best customer service and are great for giving out credits for errors and such.[/QUOTE]

did you contact them to tell them they can take their $5.00 back? :twisted:

bread's done
Back