360 Owners Poll - Did your 360 die or is it still working fine?

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I was just curious to know how may CAGers have a 360 that is still running strong and how many of you have had (or currently have) a defect that required you to send your unit to MS.

EDIT: I've temporarily made this a sticky so everyone gets a chance to vote.

Mine works great... didn't froze on me once yet.... I can also vouch for my bros core system & bro inlaw system as not having any problems. also a close friend that just got his.

the % of actual faulty system is small...

expect the 360 h8ter to bring this poll down..

Bought a Core on launch day and haven't had a single problem...lets hope it stays that way because I'm an idiot for not sending in the $50 two year warranty from Microsoft..

I've actually had two 360s with problems. My first one had the 3 flashing red lights, so I sent it into Microsoft. Now the system they sent me back freezes after 5-10 minutes of playing any game, so I'm probably going to have to send it back for another one. I would love my Xbox 360 if it wasn't having these problems. Sadly, considering the two faulty systems and the horrible customer service on Microsoft's end (it took me a month to get a damn box for heaven's sake), I'm very displeased.

To anyone having problems, are your system and power supply getting proper ventilation? My system and power brick are on separate shelves, by themselves, and it never froze or anything.

Daphatty is yours having problems already?

Had mine for alittle over a month now, played DOA4 for 7 hours straight and had no problems. System runs about 7+ hours a day on my days off. Had DOA4 freezes where u can still hear other people talk but can't do shit, thats just a bug with DOA4 though. It has trouble reading some of my XBox games and CDS with minor scratchs, after a few loads they work fine though.

[quote name='daphatty']Is your 360 Gellin?[/QUOTE]
Your poll title made me bust out laughing. All I could think about was that commerical with that guy saying "I'm soo gellin I'm Magellan":lol:

I didn't have to send my 360 away, but the HD cables were broke, and I have to send those in. They sent me back regular yellow, red, and white cables. So I had to send those in, and wait some more. Pretty annoying, but at least the system's still going strong.

[quote name='Shayde']Bought a Core on launch day and haven't had a single problem...lets hope it stays that way because I'm an idiot for not sending in the $50 two year warranty from Microsoft..[/QUOTE]

I sent mine in late. Still waiting to see if the check actually clears the bank...

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Daphatty is yours having problems already?

Had mine for alittle over a month now, played DOA4 for 7 hours straight and had no problems. System runs about 7+ hours a day on my days off. Had DOA4 freezes where u can still hear other people talk but can't do shit, thats just a bug with DOA4 though. It has trouble reading some of my XBox games and CDS with minor scratchs, after a few loads they work fine though.[/QUOTE]

No, my system is working fine aside from a few in-game crashes here and there. It gets lots of use too. The wife LOVES to play Hexic while streaming her music from my HTPC. Now, if only I could figure out why my Live connection is so poor when playing DOA4...

DOA is just iffy on connections. It will run fine for me when its less then 5 people, but it can be pretty laggy in 1v1 if the other side and I don't connect well. I don't recommend doing more then 5 players unless you wanna do tournaments anyways. Tag battles are extremely laggy because its going on four connections...

Either way glad yours isn't having problems. I just think MS should have done some more extensive testing before releasing everything on the market, although I heard second shipments aren't very problematic.

Mines been running strong since the 18th when i got it. The only time it freezes is if i start opening the dashboard to see what friends that just got on are playing then close it really fast while a game is loading or something. now i know, at least leave it there for a few seconds before closing it

bought a premium on launch day and it's been working great since. it only froze on me once when I got to the last boss in Perfect Dark, but hasn't since then.

I haven't sent mine in yet. It freezes when I am fast forwarding thru a movie, and when I was trying to set up media player. Haven't had any problems playing games, played COD2 for about 9 hours straight last monday, and no problems. I did call msft, and will send it in this week to prevent future problems that may arise.

Had to send mine in twice. Mine should be coming in Monday or Tuesday, I think.

Oddly enough, this was the first time they asked for my power brick... so maybe that's the culprit.

I'm definitely picking up their warranty at the end of the month when I get paid.

Has anybody heard of anybody with a faulty core system? It seems like everyone who had a defective one owned a premium. I got a core on launch and it still works great. I've added a hard drive, S-video cord, and wireless controller to it as well and still having no problems. I did have two lockups though. One in the middle of King Kong and the other in the guide. This isn't including the many lockups I've gotten online in DoA4, which I hear is the game's fault though.

14.29% (at the time of this post) of people in this poll have needed to send theirs in. That's not very enouraging, IMHO.

And before people decide to jump my shit over it, I'm glad I'm waiting a while before they work past some of the issues on the first few production runs. MS 1.0 products and I aren't good things in past experience.

to be honest im going to be sending mine in soon, but im not pissed off. I mean i love this system, just because of some flaws happen doesn't mean the system itself is a piece of crap. at least they are fixing it for free.......for now...

Got Mine at Zero Hour, Worked perfectly until December 24th, then it completely died on me, red lights, freezing, even made a crazy screeching sound from my tv. Microsoft has been pretty quick with my order so far.

Got my box last monday, i sent it tuesday, it got there wednesday, they sent my new 360 out friday, ups dont deliver on weekends, so tomorrow ill have my new 360. pretty fast service, though i know some others have had it rough, i feel kinda strange im getting really quick service and hopefully a console thats updated model and works perfectly , while others are still waiting in limbo ;-;.

Got mine @ launch and only freezes rarely whenever I try to get back to the dashboard after playing a game for 2 hours or more.

[quote name='shrike4242']14.29% (at the time of this post) of people in this poll have needed to send theirs in. That's not very enouraging, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

And it also seems fairly genuine, without the "Sony and Nintendo fans will ruin this poll" nonsense being a factor, especially taking into account that people are more likely to post if they have had a problem.

I'm in the same boat, especially after learning my lesson with the first XBox, which I bought at midnight at launch. Unless you're a diehard early adopter, it's probably better to wait until they work some of this stuff out. Plus more games will be available...once Spring rolls around and wave 2 hits there will be more incentive for me to buy.

I've had mine since November 19th, played it a crapload and I've never had any problems at all. The only thing that was even close to a problem was a connection that was lost by one of the people I was playing Spades against. At first I thought my X360 had frozen, but it was something with Live because my friend that was in the same game said the same thing happened to his as well.

Maybe I'm just lucky with systems. I only recently started to get occasional disc read errors on my launch Thompson Xbox and the only system that has been immediately faulty is the DS I bought for my wife (it has a dead pixel).

It looks like I'm the fourth person here who has had to send their 360 back twice.

I bought mine at launch, and it died ab about a week later (3 flashing red lights). The replacement was working perfectly, until a day or two later when it refused to read my CoD2 disc. So that got sent back too.

All of the problems I've been hearing have me a little freaked out. So while the second replacement has been been working perfectly, I ended up selling mine on eBay two days ago because of all of the problems I've been having and hearing about. I have 5 other friends who also bought 360s. Out of the 6 of us, three have had problems (including myself). Myself and one other had our 360 break within a week, and my third friend just had is die about a week or so ago (launch unit).

I really do love the 360. The design, the games and LIVE. Live Arcade is all kinds of awesome. Still, selling my 360 on eBay has given me a bit of a profit (!) even though it was used. I'm going to stash the money away and re-buy the 360 in about 6 months or so, when hopefully some of the problems are ironed out and there are more games out for it. I'm also going to spend the extra $50 or $60 (don't remember) for the extended 2 year warranty. Or maybe get the Best Buy warranty (not sure which is a better deal).

Got mine at launch and had to send it back due to it feezing on certain games. CoD2 and NBA Live froze consantly but PDZ and Kameo worked fine (MS first party conspiracy maybe?) MS got a new one to me in 4 business days and the new one has worked flawlessley.

Mine was assembled incorrectly, but Microsoft wouldn't send a replacement. I took it back to Wal-Mart, they agreed it was a defect, gave me a refund, and offered to hold another unit as a replacement. I took my money instead.

[quote name='Gregory Kimball']Mine was assembled incorrectly, but Microsoft wouldn't send a replacement. I took it back to Wal-Mart, they agreed it was a defect, gave me a refund, and offered to hold another unit as a replacement. I took my money instead.[/QUOTE]How so, I'm curious.

Got my 360 a few minutes ago. Haven't opened it up yet.

Something odd about the box, though. Underneath where it has the Pro with HDD and the serial number and such written, there is another message written in Spanish:

Cable Corriente
Fuente Poder

Maybe my 360's problems were with the power brick. Hopefully, this will be the last time I have to send it in.

[quote name='ryanbph']I did call msft, and will send it in this week to prevent future problems that may arise.[/QUOTE]wtf? so your sending it back even though it works fine? umm..ok. mines just fine. it came from the mid december shipment. i bought an extended warranty from sam's club for 39.99(3 YEARS) to cover my ass though. i thought the original xbox had a year warranty on it, if so whats up with this ninety day crap on the 360.

Just got my new 360 ( not refurb ) in the mail Today at 9am. Manuf. Date, Dec 16th.So far plays real good. Hope i dont have to send this one in. Though i sent in my HD like they told me, i got a new HD in, so all my saves are gone ;-;.

Just hooked up my brand-new 360 and recovered my Live account. Working very well. Also, I realized that the Spanish on the box meant: "Power cord and power supply." So, maybe with a new brick and cord I won't have any more troubles! :)

bread's done
Back