3DS early adopter 'sucker' package: NES collection now up

poiuiu

CAGiversary!
Log into the 3DS store and slowly download the Ambassador package one title at a time.

And apparently it's A/B with no Y/B option, as typical of Nintendo's style of emulation/backwards compatibility.

List of games:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Balloon Fight
  • Yoshi (Not Yoshi's cookie, which is a different puzzle game)
  • Ice Climber
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • NES Open Tournament Golf

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Btw, again it's an Add-On. It's not going to be mandatory.[/QUOTE]

There is no way to know this.

While history is on the side of the add-on being used by a few games and then forgotten, I think it's very likely Nintendo will redesign the 3DS to have the add-on's functionality. I own a launch 3DS and this will effectively screw me, but if I were Nintendo, I would.

Nintendo is better off doing this soon while the install base is still small rather than later. They'll take a hit in the short term and have a stronger hardware platform in the long term. The add-on provides a way for original 3DS owners to at least get the functionality (although in a clunky way).

But really, only Nintendo knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='blandstalker']There is no way to know this.

While history is on the side of the add-on being used by a few games and then forgotten, I think it's very likely Nintendo will redesign the 3DS to have the add-on's functionality. I own a launch 3DS and this will effectively screw me, but if I were Nintendo, I would.

Nintendo is better off doing this soon while the install base is still small rather than later. They'll take a hit in the short term and have a stronger hardware platform in the long term. The add-on provides a way for original 3DS owners to at least get the functionality (although in a clunky way).

But really, only Nintendo knows. We'll just have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree in terms of how this will play out. The add on will be a clunky way for the first gen 3DS owners to effectively have what second gen and on 3DS owners will have built in. This is precisely why I'm holding off on Wii U because I'm not playing this game again with Nintendo on a trial and error first gen hardware.

Personally, I think Nintendo should send all 3DS ambassadors one of these slide pads for free as a further show of good faith in taking care of their most loyal fans. I'll be ticked if I have to pay $20 to get a hideous accessory just to play a game on my 3DS .

[quote name='ducksoda7']No, but I bet there will be some games that require it. Zelda Skyward Sword needs the Wii Motion Plus.[/QUOTE]

Most (all?) of the Wii Motion Plus games had it bundled with the game a long with a stand alone copy. I could see them doing that so people who don't have it can get it at a slightly smaller price. I wouldn't put it past them to have this add-on a requirement for some of the games though. They HAVE done this in the past.

bread's done
Back