3DS eShop Deals - 3/28: Natsume Sale/Resident Evil/Sega 3D Classics Sales, $10 EOU, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Here's your one-stop thread for all of the newest deals for 3DS eShop games.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET on the day listed.

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Some of the links below offer this.

On Sale

3D After Burner II - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Ecco the Dolphin - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Game Collection - $4.99 - 16% Off - Ends 3/31

3D Gunstar Heroes - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Outrun - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Space Harrier - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Streets of Rage - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Streets of Rage 2 - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

3D Super Hang-On - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/4

4 Elements - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

A-Train 3D: City Simulator - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Aqua Moto Racing 3D - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - $4.99 - 83% Off - Ends 4/18

Azada - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/30

Azure Striker Gunvolt - $9.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/1

Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/18

Brave Tank Hero - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Castle Conqueror Defender - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/4
Crazy Kangaroo - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Darts Up 3D - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/21

Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/18

Epic Word Search Collection - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Escape From Zombie City - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/4

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight - $39.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/4

Fantasy Pirates - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 4/7

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove Mini - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Glory of Generals: The Pacific - $3.99 - 42% Off - Ends 3/31

Goosebumps: The Game - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/18

Gotcha Racing - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Hazumi - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Hidden Expedition Titanic - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Hometown Story - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey in Suburbs #1 - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 4/14

Jewel Quest 4 Heritage - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Jewel Quest 6: The Sapphire Dragon - $4.99 - 16% Off - Ends 6/30

Johnny's Payday Panic - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

League of Heroes - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 48% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Luxor - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Monster Shooter - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds - $4.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Owners of Mutant Mudds Only

Mystery Case Files Dire Grove - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhearst - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Ninja Battle Heroes - $2.10 - 29% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31 - Cross Buy

Parking Star 3D - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Pick-A-Gem - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Pix3D - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Quell Reflect - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Rage of the Gladiator - $2.99 - 57% Off - Ends 3/31

Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Reel Fishing Paradise 3D - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Resident Evil Revelations - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Runny Egg - $1.39 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Rytmik Ultimate - $9.99 - 44% Off - Ends 3/31

Secret Agent Files: Miami - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Secret Mysteries in New York - $2.99 - Ends 6/30

Smash Cat Heroes - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 3/31

Soccer Up 3D - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/21

Soccer Up Online - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

SpeedX 3D - $1.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition - $0.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/31

SpongeBob HeroPants - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $9.99 - 67% Off - Ends 3/30

Stella Glow - $39.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/4 

Toys vs Monsters - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 4/7

Van Helsing sniper Zx100 - $2.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/7

Yumi's Odd Odyssey - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cross Buy Games
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99 - Opposing Platform's Code on Receipt
OlliOlli - $9.99
Woah Dave! - $4.99
Xeodrifter - $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to the great advice given above, I'd suggest getting Fire Emblem: Awakening. Don't even worry whether it's on sale or not. I don't know if you'll like that or Overclocked better, but I think one or both will blow your mind.
Fire Emblem (which I paid retail for) has become my go-to game of this year. It's hard to play anything else. I wish the DLC was on sale with the rest but am using the BB cards to get it anyway.

[quote name="Jesse_Dylan" post="11388510" timestamp="1388079343"]
I play Fire Emblem on casual, too. Nice thing about it is that you can play (and replay) it so many ways. I could never stand when one of my units permanently died, though, so in past Emblem games I was constantly restarting, and that wasn't fun. I prefer to just play this way, enjoy myself, and not trigger OCD.[/quote]

Agreed! Sacred stones was one of my top played games on the 3ds, but my ocdness was getting in the way of the fun and I stopped playing it. Awakening on casual let's you enjoy the gameplay and take risks that you otherwise wouldn't have taken.

The last game he worked on prior to Shadow Wars was Assassin's Creed III: Liberation as a creative director. Soon, he's going to start a Kickstarter for the remake of Chaos: The Battle of Wizards titled Chaos Reborn in February 2014.
Will it be turn-based?? I would definitely pledge for that.

OK it was Julian Gollop and he was the producer on Shadow Wars and co-creator on X-COM. I believe this was the interview that I learned about it from and it's an interesting read: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/29/julian-gollop-interview-on-x-coms-old-and-new-the-ghost-recon-strategy-that-never-was-ai-auteurs-and-fork-my-fruit/
Thanks, guys. I'll check that out.

I can't even remember the last game of his I played (knowingly).

Wow! Didn't mean to pull this thread so off-topic with the mere mention of shadow wars.
Its actually great that you brought this up - all this time I thought it was just a pint-sized version of Ghost Recon, had no idea it was a different style game. Will check it out now!

I managed to get on the shop late last night, and saw Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo on sale for 2 dollars. It's a great game and I bought it for the full eight dollars, but I can't help but mourn the six dollars I could have saved. :/

I was just able to log in but was immediately booted when I tried to purchase. Did notice Steamworld Dig is now on sale for $6.99..

I managed to get on the shop late last night, and saw Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo on sale for 2 dollars. It's a great game and I bought it for the full eight dollars, but I can't help but mourn the six dollars I could have saved. :/
Showing $2 on the Nintendo website and looks decent. A lot of the issue people seem to have had with it centered around $8 being too much for it.

Got onto the 3ds eshop, but the code I picked up at Best Buy today won't work. Just a heads up for people stacking these discounts.

The eShop is up for me, so here are the new deals for this week:

Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Dress To Play: Cute Witches! - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/8

Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles! - $0.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/8

SteamWorld Dig - $6.99 - 22% Off - Ends 1/2

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo - $1.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/14

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Wow! Didn't mean to pull this thread so off-topic with the mere mention of shadow wars.
No, thank you, actually! I'm probably going to pick this up now, lol. I never expected to like the genre, but XCOM & Fire Emblem have shown me the light where Disgaea so miserably failed. I think the double screens especially suit the gameplay.

SteamWorld Dig - $6.99 - 22% Off - Ends 1/2
Such a weird percentage, lol. It's like it kills them to put anything on sale. Considering this...

Hmm traded in my physical SSFIV 3D a while back, but considering it now for digital. Even though it's a completely different game from its current console counterparts now. And kind of tough to play with the 3DS controls.

I'll have to look into Steamworld Dig a bit more, though I've figured it was something I would get bored with partway through.

I am encouraged by the sale for ssfiv with regard to a future Phoenix Wright sale.
I'm waiting for Dual Destinies to go on sale too, but I'm not sure how soon that will happen since that game came out 2 months ago. The eShop version of SSFIV was released 3 months ago, but the original version came out over 2 years ago.

Super surprised at Little Acorns!  I bought the game on XBLIG for $1 back in January, so when I saw the eShop version I immediately went from "oooh, I remember that fun little game" to "$8! Fuuuuuuuuugeddaboutit".

In for $2 acorns whenever the eShop gets out from under maintenance.

Just like Cave Story, I bought Steamworld Dig at full price and don't regret it.  Haven't played either one yet, but no regrets.

I'll have to look into Steamworld Dig a bit more, though I've figured it was something I would get bored with partway through.
It's a fantastic melding of a Miner Dig Deep-style digging game with the progression and exploration of a Super Metroid game. The only issue is that there's a bit before opening up the second store where it seems like it's going to just become a tedious grind, which gets back on track once that new set of upgrades are opened.

bought

Liberation Maiden
Attack of Friday Monsters

anything else I should get?

was Mighty Switch Force cheaper before?
I've already bought the WiiU Hyper Edition

Finally got into the eShop this morning, added in all of my credit & picked up SteamWorld Dig.  Holy cow(or should I say Slamacow) that game is awesome!  Booted it up expecting to play like 15 minutes and then go eat breakfast, only to wind up playing for nearly two hours. :lol:

Got onto the 3ds eshop, but the code I picked up at Best Buy today won't work. Just a heads up for people stacking these discounts.
Mine worked fine. You're probably entering it in wrong or experiencing eShop failure. Or, maybe you really did get a bum code! Keep trying though. I was entering my digits wrong on one, but I got it to work, and another went in right away (on Wii U at least--3DS might continue to fuck you with a marshmellow wand of Pikachu).

I am encouraged by the sale for ssfiv with regard to a future Phoenix Wright sale.
Just buy it, Dood. You could be playing it right now. Doesn't that sound nice? Some games are worth not being cheap over. Do you really want to spend your life waiting 3 years for a $5 discount that will just make you cry in the end anyway?

If I could just freak'n get in to buy stuff.
Still not working for me either. I get in, menus are slow and make me want to hit the wall, and then when I actually almost buy something, it errors out, and I get booted back to the fucking menu and told to restart. Really really annoying. I don't know why I keep trying, but I don't want to miss these sales the way I missed the Giana Sisters one.

GODDAMIT I'M NOT BACK IN AMERICA BY THE 2ND.

I'll buy SteamWorld Dig later.
Do you not have your portable 3DS game console with you? Just connect to wifi and buy it. You don't need to be in America.

bought

Liberation Maiden
Attack of Friday Monsters

anything else I should get?
Definitely.

I want Steamworld Dig too, but I heard it was short.
So is life.

So what's with the Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo game. Is it fun? It looks like kind of a... well I can't tell by looking, and the reviews don't really explain it much.

Ended up buying Attack of the Friday Monsters and The Starship Damrey this morning.  It was time to experience some of the downloadable 3DS games.  Now I just have to make time to play them.

Ended up buying Attack of the Friday Monsters and The Starship Damrey this morning. It was time to experience some of the downloadable 3DS games. Now I just have to make time to play them.
Attack of the Friday Monsters isn't much of a "game" but I finished it last night and really enjoyed it. You can finish it in 3-4 hours so set aside an evening and play through it.

thanks Jesse! but what else should I get

thinking of Crimson Shroud next haha
I really like that one a lot. I hope you will too. It's rough around the edges but so unique. What kinds of games do you like? Are you just targeting sale items? Take a look at some of those Atlus games on sale.

You, sir, win the Internet.
Then I will take all my Internet and give it to you!! *gives Internet*

So in for Super Acorn thing. Wanted it since I first heard about it.

I want Steamworld Dig too, but I heard it was short.
The Activity Log says I played it for about eight hours to completion, though I was also compelled to get every piece of ore I could to purchase all of the upgrades. You could probably beat it faster, as I think that's one of the things it grades your playthrough on after beating it. It was good enough to me for it to be well worth full price.

I just got a 3DS and love RPGs.  I love RPGs, and picked up Fire Emblem Awakening already.  I'm on the fence about getting Etrian Odyssy IV and/or Shin Megami Tensei IV off the eShop.  I haven't played either series before (I just got the EOIV demo, now that the eShop is working), and I generally prefer to have a physical copy since that way I could possibly give the game to my wife or daughter to play without having to give them my 3DS.

But taking a look, it seems that EOIV is going for $30+ on Amazon, and everywhere else is sold out, while SMTIV is 50+.  Is that just due to Christmas sales, and I should wait until they come back in stock and go on sale again?  Or are they discontinued, and I should get them on the eShop while I can?

I just got a 3DS and love RPGs. I love RPGs, and picked up Fire Emblem Awakening already. I'm on the fence about getting Etrian Odyssy IV and/or Shin Megami Tensei IV off the eShop. I haven't played either series before (I just got the EOIV demo, now that the eShop is working), and I generally prefer to have a physical copy since that way I could possibly give the game to my wife or daughter to play without having to give them my 3DS.

But taking a look, it seems that EOIV is going for $30+ on Amazon, and everywhere else is sold out, while SMTIV is 50+. Is that just due to Christmas sales, and I should wait until they come back in stock and go on sale again? Or are they discontinued, and I should get them on the eShop while I can?
Atlus doesn't really discontinue their own games, so they just go out of stock everywhere until the next printing of discs/cards are sent out.

eShop officially going down from 4PM to 4AM EST if there's anything anyone's desperate to play tonight.
You know what's really sad? All those flooding new 3DS/WiiU owners are going to think that Nintendo's service is just that bad and get discouraged from ever trying again (and/or possibly return their system for being "defective"), even though they're the ones that caused it and 95% of the time the eShop connection is fine.

[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="11392575" timestamp="1388183637"]Atlus doesn't really discontinue their own games, so they just go out of stock everywhere until the next printing of discs/cards are sent out.[/quote]
Ok, so if I just wait I should be able to find physical copies of Etrian Odyssey IV and Shin Megami Tensei IV on sale again?

Do you know roughly how often they re-print them?

Ok, so if I just wait I should be able to find physical copies of Etrian Odyssey IV and Shin Megami Tensei IV on sale again? Do you know roughly how often they re-print them?
They tend to put them on sale at roughly the same time digitally and physically and that happens every few weeks, so you could easily wait to get a physical copy for a similar price.

If only they were on sale right now. I know a couple places nearby that should still have the LE copies, and I'd buy them in a heartbeat if their prices matched the eShop's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back