3DS[i] eShop Shop Thread:**LAST DAY TO GET ZELDA 4 SWORDS FOR FREE**

So...more magic? I never realized I signed up for a magic show from nintendo of america....but wait....maybe me signing up WAS the magic trick.....

Please nintendo, show me some new Artstyle games.....not "smoke & mirrors".

[quote name='Strell']Plus I tend to like any game where my movements generate musical notes (Lumines, Space Invaders Extreme...). Plus it's delightful chiptune stuff. I can't get enough of that.[/quote]I like those kind of games too.
Have you played the XBL Community game Groove?

It's almost like Everyday Shooter on PSN, just not as polished, but still very fun with the notes being made as you shoot things. I think cheap too, 200 points.

---

I'll be picking up Dr. Mario just because the music is burned into my brain even though I never played it after the NES days.

C'mon Art Style next week!
Also, I don't think we'll get Moving Memo Pad anytime soon, but I'll hope.

[quote name='dallow']. I think cheap too, 200 points.
[/QUOTE]

Is it worthy enough for my 11000+ points?

Being lord is such a bother....*motions peasant to fetch me my controller*

Grrrr!

Just play it!

---

I'll hold off on Dr. Mario until I see some video.
I want to know what modes and such it has. I heard the music was remixed, and there's already a Virus Buster mode in Brain Age Express anyway.

[quote name='dallow']
I'll hold off on Dr. Mario until I see some video.
I want to know what modes and such it has. I heard the music was remixed, and there's already a Virus Buster mode in Brain Age Express anyway.[/QUOTE]

"Dr. Mario Express is a simple portable version of Dr. Mario. But beware - You can only play the classic mode or Vs. CPU, there's no multiplayer mode! Naturally this also means there's no online. If you enjoy classic mode then this should be a good pick, but if you'd rather play against others stick with Dr. Mario Online RX on the Wii."

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...r_boy_more_magic_tricks_and_crystal_defenders

[quote name='Strell']It's not announced for anywhere yet. It's all rumor and speculation. The only "evidence" is people being told by the reps at the DSi pre-launch parties, and I'm telling you guys now that those kids had no damn clue since they were most likely PR temps.[/QUOTE]

Dang. I could have sworn I read that it was "announced" in Japan, but now searching for it turns up nothing but rumors. Was wishful thinking, I guess. Sigh.

I may end up getting Dr. Mario just because I'd like to get *something*, which I suppose means Nintendo wins. It pisses me off that there is no local wireless nor wifi multiplayer, though. I think it's ridiculous that DSiWare games are less then DS or even GBA games. Shouldn't they be trying to sell the DSi with this stuff? I'd be happy to pay 1000 points for a real game. Heck, I might pay even more for one. The convenience of being able to play without a cartridge, and carrying a bunch of games without cartridges, would be a big win. As it is, I keep thinking maybe I should sell the thing and forget about the DS. Of course I haven't done that....

I hate to play the devil's advocate, but it's only been out a little over two weeks, people.

Of course, it's been out in Japan longer, and no VC. I'm not sure what their DSiware looks like.

I do fully agree the selection so far is fairly sad... you know it will pick up, though, just as the Wii VC and Wiiware did. Ninetendo likea da money...

It's poor, but it's cheap too.

I have 3 games and really like the Brain Training, though I know it's not for everyone.

I think I probably shouldn't have bought a DSi so soon. I should have waited until there was a well established downloadable library already. But, I've got one, so now I'll probably be complaining for a long while yet. :) Even just one juicy download, though, and I'll probably be happy enough for a while. Come on Nintendo, you know you can do it!

I purchased Birds and Beans and Aquia, but I'm having more fun with Birds and Beans... Is that wrong?

Aquia is wonderful and all, I've just found myself putting more time into Birds and Beans.

So after trying in every room in the house, under various lighting conditions, I've found exactly one place that I can actually play WarioWare Snapped properly - at night, in my kitchen. The DSi must be on the kitchen table, with the camera pointing straight up at my white ceiling. I have to stand over it. Like, on a chair. Since my head is between the light and the camera, my face appears totally dark to the camera, a perfect contrast to the white ceiling.

Other places in the house that are, apparently, not contrasting enough:
-white face in front of a blue wall
-white face in front of a brown cupboard
-white face in front of dark green wallpaper

I also would be fine in some rooms of the house if I didn't have any furniture. In my bedroom, putting my head between the camera and the lamp works fine, except that my bureau next to me shows up as a constant contrasting item. Also, its very frustrating when you try to set something up, the game rejects it, but then the game accepts my position and gets ready to start as I'm carrying the DSi around the house, in complete shadow. :wall:

Got everything in, except for block sizes, which I'll update later.

Added sections where the games are sorted by release date and pricing structure. Shouldn't be difficult to update that each week. Made a small blurb about this in the news area.

Hoping to add some more stuff this week - hopefully a small FAQ and create some images to denote each section.

[quote name='pete5883']So after trying in every room in the house, under various lighting conditions, I've found exactly one place that I can actually play WarioWare Snapped properly - at night, in my kitchen.[/QUOTE]

You would think that Nintendo would have tried Sony's EyeToy games. I was unable to get EyeToy Kinetic to work in my house under any conditions. It was just an exercise in frustration. What a terrible, terrible idea - not Eye Toy so much, but of making a new game using the same idea, an idea that obviously doesn't work in practice, and even more stupidly, to put the game on a portable. Am I going to be able to play WarioWare Snapped on the train?

Maybe it was the failure of WarioWare Snapped that made Nintendo decide to just make DSiWare a shit pile.

I picked up Doctor Mario express... Having the Doctor around for a quick round is perfect. The only thing that might be better is a round of basic Tetris and who knows what the rights are with Tetris on the DS anymore.

[quote name='crunchewy']You would think that Nintendo would have tried Sony's EyeToy games. I was unable to get EyeToy Kinetic to work in my house under any conditions. It was just an exercise in frustration. What a terrible, terrible idea - not Eye Toy so much, but of making a new game using the same idea, an idea that obviously doesn't work in practice, and even more stupidly, to put the game on a portable.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, at least on a portable you can move the camera in different positions to try to find something that works. The Eyetoy you can't really move it at all, so if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

[quote name='Strell']Hoping to add some more stuff this week - hopefully a small FAQ and create some images to denote each section.[/QUOTE]
Maybe a list of announced/upcoming games?
[quote name='Strell']Geez it's been three whole weeks. Give it a little more than that.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Yes, the US DSi shop has been open for three weeks, but what does that have to do with the number of announced 3rd party titles? It's not like developers just found out about it 3 weeks ago.

[quote name='pete5883']
Seriously? Yes, the US DSi shop has been open for three weeks, but what does that have to do with the number of announced 3rd party titles? It's not like developers just found out about it 3 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Its Nintendo here... They found out about it the day the DSI was announced so say six months, which still isnt a lot of lead time. No clue when the SDK was released.

That said, a dozen games are announced according to Wikipedia.

I want that Katamari puzzler. I'm unaware of too many other games coming out, though. If GBC and GB games become available for download, as is rumored, I will salute Nintendo. It seems like it would be very little trouble for them, and it would print money like crazy.

I've been treating the thing like a baby. I dust it every day, keep it in a protective case, go light on the touch screen, and often just admire its beauty.

[quote name='pete5883']
Seriously? Yes, the US DSi shop has been open for three weeks, but what does that have to do with the number of announced 3rd party titles? It's not like developers just found out about it 3 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Nintendo is notoriously bad about sending devkits to third parties for EVERYTHING, even the ones that contact them repeatedly. This has been the case since the NES days, when they were far more draconian about it, and actually had limits on who could make games AND dictated time frames for releases. Hell, there's companies out there that probably still can't get Wiiware SDKs.

Further, the DSi was announced LAST OCTOBER, and subsequently released in Japan a month later. That's as cutthroat as it gets in this industry in terms of blindsiding people with a major hardware release. Only the Sega Saturn could probably be considered quicker in terms of announcement -> release.

Beyond that, do you know anything at all about how long it might take to develop titles? I'm willing to bet it's six months on average, and the only reason Nintendo can drop a bunch of stuff right now is because most of it is recycled code from previous games like Warioware, Clubhouse Games, Master of Illusion, and Brain Age. Everything else seems like a little more than a tech demo (Snapped!) or a module from another service (Dr. Mario). About the only fully fleshed original game they've brought out is AQUIA, and that's just a fairly simple puzzle game.

You people who bought this thing act like you need to be instantly gratified by a library of a hundred games to choose from off the bat, and Nintendo has never done that in their entire 30+ years of video gaming history, so I'm really curious why you think it's supposed to be so different with another online-only digital distribution platform that they've had to set up from ground zero, especially when it's so obvious that they are really primitive/downright terrible when it comes to online anything services.

It aint Nintendo's fault you bought the thing and you're pissed you can't get any solid answers out. Hell, there's....what, one third party DSiware game right now? And I only know of a few others, and really most of them sound like Wiiware ports more than anything. Besides, it sounds more like everyone is still mad about a VC not being announced, when there's absolutely zero credible evidence for there to be one outside of the fevered idea that "hey the Wii has one."

So yes - it's only three weeks. And yes, you're probably only going to get two titles a week. And no, it's not comparable to the Apple App store.

If you're that pissed, sell the damn thing and come back in a year, because by then you'll have - at minimum - another fifty apps/games to play around with. Of course, I doubt any of them will be, say, a full fledged Mario game or any other franchise titles, because until the userbase numbers some 20+ million worldwide, it's not large enough to support big potential profits.

So yes, this discussion is dumb. You people pretend that Nintendo is actually third party developer friendly, which has been arguably their biggest black mark in all their history.

I would buy Paper Airplane if it weren't for the fact that it's something they took right out of Warioware. I already bought Birds and Beans-- no more double-dipping!

[quote name='dallow'] 2 player mode is nice bonus.[/QUOTE]

I have to terrorize Flowermound in a few weeks. Let's put that 2 player mode to good use.

[quote name='Strell']You people pretend that Nintendo is actually third party developer friendly, which has been arguably their biggest black mark in all their history.[/QUOTE]
Alright, I'll buy this. I forgot it was Nintendo we were talking about here.

You people who bought this thing act like you need to be instantly gratified by a library of a hundred games to choose from off the bat,
You don't need to exaggerate. Common sense just dictates that if Nintendo were to launch something like this, they'd at least want to get some 3rd parties aboard first. But like I said, we are talking about Nintendo here.

Besides, it sounds more like everyone is still mad about a VC not being announced, when there's absolutely zero credible evidence for there to be one outside of the fevered idea that "hey the Wii has one."

If you're that pissed,
Who's mad? I certainly wouldn't miss a VC.
Edit: Oh, crunchewy's mad. Who cares about him?

IMO, there must be 3rd party titles coming, because with so few titles announced, they're going to need a lot more games to keep the 1-2 games per week release schedule up. Hopefully E3 yields a lot of announcements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Mr. Strell, I admit I've been a whiner. I'll try to do better.

On that note, I decided to buy Dr. Mario RX Express or whatever it is called, in spite of my annoyance with the fact that it doesn't even have local download play, not even talking about internet play. So anyway... the game is good. It's more fun then I remembered, although not sublime by any means. That it doesn't have local/internet play is of no matter when I'm playing on my train/bus commute. Still... I really can't see a reason why they would leave out even local download play, other then for some reason intentionally wanting to stunt DSiWare. That's the part I just don't get.

EDIT: I take it back, it is of matter if I'm playing on the train and come across someone else with a DSi. Oh well.

I kinda like Paper Plane, besides the depressing background music, it's alright. Multiplayer is kinda of odd, but if you can direct both planes to the goal using just yourself, then i'll give you a cookie.

it seems that these 200 point games seem better than the 500-800 point games. :whistle2:k
I am not a fan of these "Express" games. These are mini games that can be found in the full retail version, right?

I have birds & beans and, IMHO, Dr Mario Express is more worth its asking price then Birds & Beans. It's a real game, in spite of not having multiplayer. The best thing about Birds & Beans is that it's "only" 200 points. However, it should be 100 points or, better, free.

It's cool if you guys aren't happy with the stuff that comes out, especially when we take into consideration Nintendo's terrible track record already.

All I'm really saying is consider the facts here.

I'll try to work on a "announced/rumored" apps thing soon.

Also, I do think it is ridiculous that the "express" titles appear to be little more than single player scenarios. There really need to be a way to module local and wifi multiplayer into those with ease.

Let me clear up the Express business.
THIS WILL POORLY WRITTEN AS I'M AT WORK.

The Express versions of Magic, and now Clubhouse are just that. Cut out portions of the full games with nothing new.
Clubhouse does seem to have download play though, so that's pretty cool. EVERY DSi GAME SHOULD TRY FOR THIS

Brain Age Express: Math is a cut out of the math stuff obviously, but it does add some neat extras, like picture taking where you're directed to make certain kinds of faces.
(these next two might be in the retail version, don't know)
Picture and Drama themes are present.
In the picture themes you are directed to draw animals, things, people, etc to the best of your memory which is then compared to a note or two about certain characteristics it probably should contain.

Drama themes have you reading a short story and you record yourself acting out certain lines. The one I did had me play the part of a corrupt sherrif, helpless maiden, and some mysterious bartender or something. That was kinda funny.

Nice thing is that you can save these pics to your internal or SD memory card.

Also, guests that play and get a Brain Age get to draw a pic of themselves.
I found this out because when looked at my Brain Age gallery, it showed me, my score, and photo, alongside my ladyfriend's picture, score and drawing (it was a kitty's face).
I was able to save that to the SD card too. I'll post pics when I get home to show what I mean.

Basically, Brain Age Express actually makes use of the DSi abilities, that's probably why it's 800 points.
And more games need download play like Clubhouse Games Express.

I like to think the Express versions as the part of the game you like best to take with you, for certain games.

I am really waiting for Puzzle League Express and more Art Style games, as well as Mighty Flip Champs.

Some useful apps would be good too.

To each their own, I suppose, but I want a real version of the game. I'd even take just a full DS game download, which wouldn't seem to require much effort on their part at all. All they have to do is package it up and put it in the DSiWare store ... and count the money. DS games are tiny - I know, because I use to do that questionable thing some people do that will go unmentioned. So space is not an issue, especially once they open up the SD card to run games from (I certainly hope they aren't going to be asses about that.)

I want a real version of the game.

That's sort of irrelevant now. We got the full version, now Nintendo's selling you a bit of it for you to take around in case you want to play something else.

The whole point (or at least a large point) of the DS/DSi is to take games with you. Downloads are much more condusive to that goal, so already having a cartridge version is closer to being the irrelevant part, if anything.

They could do something that would be the perfect solution IMHO. They could produce a new hybrid DS/DSi cartridge which had the capability to be played as normal on a DS or DSi, as a cart, but had the option on the DSi to load the game into memory or SD, the doing of which would disable the cartridge until such time as the game is "unloaded" back onto the cartridge. A secure kill flag/code would do the trick. This would be awesome as it would give you the portability benefit of a download yet you'd still be able to resell the game, and it means the game still works for DS owners just fine. And every DS owner would want to get a DSi. Win-Win. Not to mention blowing the main piracy excuse out of the water.

Plus they could do their favorite thing in the world: rerelease existing games on the new cartridge and get you to buy games you already have all over again!

I think for now, we're only going to see quick, on the go games on DSi.
Save for Real Soccor 2009, there's nothing that looks to be "full featured".

In fact Nintendo stated before the system was released that DSi Ware was to be just a pocket library of games of smaller games.

If you were looking for something else right now, all you had to do was look at the Japanese list of games that's been around for months. There are no "big" games.

bread's done
Back