3DS Nintendo Ambassador GBA Games Now Available

Covnam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just went onto the eShop and saw that the GBA games are now available. You can get them from the same purchase history section of the eshop that you likely went to to get the NES games that were previously released.
The list is the same as those announced for the other territories:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$

Really happy with this list myself as I have a few of these still sitting around somewhere unplayed or never got a chance to buy them.

[quote name='doppelganger']Great, thanks! 3DS games make poop time fun!
What? Don't act like I'm the only one >.>[/QUOTE]

Its true. If you had told me ten years ago that id be able to play a better looking version of Ocarine of Time on the toilet, I'd have called you a goddamned liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnnypark']I'm pretty sure they said "...some of which will not be available in the eShop." They never said none of the 10 would not ever be out for purchase, but it was rather vageand cryptic to not say more.[/QUOTE]

They were talking about the NES titles. They will eventually be on the eshop and we will then be able to update them for free when they are out. For now we have the straight ports, I'm assuming they will add save states to the paid versions. As for GBA, they said they had no plans to bring them to the eShop but I kind of hope they do so that other GBA games will be available. If not, so be it, but 20 games free(21 if you count mario bros on yoshi's island) is not bad :)

[quote name='johnnypark']Its true. If you had told me ten yeada ago that id be able to play a better looking version of Ocarine of Time on the toilet, I'd have called you a goddamned liar.[/QUOTE]

I'd have been like, "well yeah, I suppose you could lug this big-ass CRT in there and put it on a wooden board covering the sink, but then how do we wash our hands?"

Wake up for my 3 day weekend and get this news. Awesome! I have only ever played 2 of the 10 games, so this was a totally awesome plan for me. $170 + 20 free games (12 of which I have never played) is fantastic.

Does anybody know how to get Yoshi Island to play with a bigger screen? The other games I've tried are not as boxed at it is. And I tried the "hold select and start buttons" trick too but to no avail.

[quote name='scottman']Glad I didn't cave back then to become ambASSador, and waited until the $170 + $50GC deal to get a 3DS. Pretty sure I have all those except 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Nintendo should make these available to others. It'd be stupid not to. It's free money. Plus I want moar gba games.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will and here is why. I been waiting since the Wii's launch for Pilotwings 64 on the god damn Wii VC. I am still waiting with no signs of it ever coming out (and no clue why since it's free money). Now I could imagine these games be the same way as that. A ton of people want it, but Nintendo is like lol no.

Also thank god for the download later feature. It makes it much easier than waiting for one to download, do another, etc. Saves me time.

Great games though.

[quote name='placebo3369']Does anybody know how to get Yoshi Island to play with a bigger screen? The other games I've tried are not as boxed at it is. And I tried the "hold select and start buttons" trick too but to no avail.[/QUOTE]

try to delete it and redownload. mine is stretched. and the stretching looks better than DS games... haha.

[quote name='menikmati']Oh shit, the Download Later option actually works. Queued up the 10 games and they all downloaded while in in sleep mode.[/QUOTE]

Yep, ten games to unwrap...and added to my backlog lol

Thanks for posting, OP. I knew it was supposed to be before the end of the year, so I was on just last night checking to see if they were available yet.

[quote name='Dx13K41n092']haha surprising...
apparently not many people know that old cartridge games are worth less than dirt.[/QUOTE]

lolwut.jpg

[quote name='QiG']Is this working right? I had trouble the one time I tried it though I'm not sure if it was because I was downloading stuff on my PS3 at the same time. The wireless of the 3DS seems extremely weak and sensitive.[/QUOTE]

After selecting Download Later and getting past the next screen (I forget what it says) press Home then close the eShop app (press X). Close the 3DS and await your presents :) That's how it worked for me.

[quote name='Dx13K41n092']haha surprising...
apparently not many people know that old cartridge games are worth less than dirt.[/QUOTE]

Especially Air Raid for 2600, Stadium Events and the gold Nintendo World Championships NES carts. I've got so many of those I've been burning them for heat to save on my electric bill.

There are rumors that people with brand new 3DS's (like people who bought them in the last couple of weeks), can download these for free, and that Nintendo has screwed something up.

Can anybody check on this, because I have a brand new one, untouched in the closet for my kids Xmas present, but I would open it up and try to download the games if this is true...

Anybody?

So, is this for everyone?

I guess Nintendo finally changed their mind, and figured that
in order to keep up with the competition, they have to start
releasing their GBA games on VC.

[quote name='morrodox']Especially Air Raid for 2600, Stadium Events and the gold Nintendo World Championships NES carts. I've got so many of those I've been burning them for heat to save on my electric bill.[/QUOTE]

haha well, I was talking about electronic copies.

[quote name='Anthony1']There are rumors that people with brand new 3DS's (like people who bought them in the last couple of weeks), can download these for free, and that Nintendo has screwed something up.

Can anybody check on this, because I have a brand new one, untouched in the closet for my kids Xmas present, but I would open it up and try to download the games if this is true...

Anybody?[/QUOTE]

I haven't read anything mentioning that on the GameFAQs board and didn't see anything mentioning this on the NeoGAF forums, either. Where did you read about this?

Nintendo has stated that these are Ambassador-only games but my personal belief is that this will change at some point. Perhaps it will be some sort of membership program that will allow anyone access to these games (paid or free - who knows).

I already own 9 outta 10 of those games, big whoop. Why they just couldnt do two $40 vouchers on nintendo published games is beyond me.

Does anybody know anybody who has a 3DS that they have purchased recently, and they could have them see if it works? Supposedly, there is something wrong with Nintendo's server that most likely will be patched very soon. I'm trying to find out if it's worth it to open my brand new 3DS and try to download this stuff. Supposedly, there is some certain way to get the Ambassador's Certificate, and then you can download any of the games included with the program.

Basically, it's a loophole type thing. Kinda like when a website will accidentally have a game available for $4.99 when the game is a $59.99 game or something. I'm just hearing murmors about this from a few people on AIM, but I don't really have any concrete info on it.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I got a brand new 3ds still in the box, but i'm giving it to my son for Christmas.. I'd hate to open it up[/QUOTE]

Wish my Dad would've felt that way when he gave my sister and me the original GameBoy for Christmas. We were so excited, only to find out we got an empty box. He opened it because at the time he had been traveling for work and decided he wanted to use it on his trips. When he wrapped it for Christmas he apparently forgot to put it back in box. After a minute of confusion he ran to his room to grab the GameBoy for us.

Probably my favorite Christmas memory.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']I already own 9 outta 10 of those games, big whoop. Why they just couldnt do two $40 vouchers on nintendo published games is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

. . . because that would cost them more?

[quote name='theflicker']. . . because that would cost them more?[/QUOTE]

...and these free "exclusive" games don't? There are several people just in this thread saying that nintendo doesn't want their money.

[quote name='omyard']Wish my Dad would've felt that way when he gave my sister and me the original GameBoy for Christmas. We were so excited, only to find out we got an empty box. He opened it because at the time he had been traveling for work and decided he wanted to use it on his trips. When he wrapped it for Christmas he apparently forgot to put it back in box. After a minute of confusion he ran to his room to grab the GameBoy for us.

Probably my favorite Christmas memory.[/QUOTE]

LOL that is hilarious. I hope you weren't being sarcastic about your "favorite Christmas memory" part. :)

[quote name='*Deathblade2']I already own 9 outta 10 of those games, big whoop. Why they just couldnt do two $40 vouchers on nintendo published games is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Amazing how some people still find a way to complain. I own all ten of these already, and I'm *still* thrilled.

[quote name='SteveGo']Nothing like CAG, people bitching and moaning about something free. Same shit, different day.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Amazing how some people still find a way to complain. I own all ten of these already, and I'm *still* thrilled.[/QUOTE]

Amazing how people find a way to complain about people complaining. Agree to disagree...and the world keeps turning.

That would cost them millions of dollars

I hope they put some of these games in the store for the non ambassador people who waited for bundles and such. I would love to play minish cap for fusion on my 3ds.

[quote name='Namerson']I hope they put some of these games in the store for the non ambassador people who waited for bundles and such. I would love to play minish cap for fusion on my 3ds.[/QUOTE]

I'd expect them to be available at some point. I'd be kinda dumb to not sell them after they took the time to make the emulation work

Very happy with this list. I've always wanted to play Minish Cap, bought it on clearance years ago at Sears and never opened it, and now I get to keep it sealed for my collection and still have a way to play it! Kirby, Metroid, Wario..all awesome.

[quote name='Namerson']I hope they put some of these games in the store for the non ambassador people who waited for bundles and such. I would love to play minish cap for fusion on my 3ds.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure Nintendo said the gba games will not be released to non ambassadors since they have no plans to bring any gba game to vc on 3ds and the ones for ambassadors are not perfect emulation like the gbc and gb games already on vc. But you do have hope that the nes games may eventually make it to the other players at a price.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']...and these free "exclusive" games don't? There are several people just in this thread saying that nintendo doesn't want their money.[/QUOTE]

The key word is "more" and no, I don't think these free games cost them more.

Yeah, and you can just pop them in anytime, anywhere and play them on the go can't ya? Go blow it out of your ass already and quit being a bitch.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']...and these free "exclusive" games don't? There are several people just in this thread saying that nintendo doesn't want their money.[/QUOTE]

If they were so eager to give Nintendo their money, they would be Ambassadors.

And Nintendo said that there were CURRENTLY no plans to bring the GBA games to non-Ambassadors, which is marketing speak for timed exclusives.

Yeah, this is a frakking great friggin' promo so let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Hell, I own 9/10 of the NES games and about half of these GBA games in cart form and I'm still 100% thrilled to be given these games for the 3DS.

Anyway, I hope everyone got their download on and even tried out the background download function via the sleep mode. That's a pretty cool function, and I hope it bodes well for something like 3D movie downloads (not the Nintendo Video snippets but actual movies and TV shows).

[quote name='gettinmoney662']And Nintendo said that there were CURRENTLY no plans to bring the GBA games to non-Ambassadors, which is marketing speak for timed exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I've worked with a lot of marketing folks and that's totally marketing speak. I read into it the same as you did. I can't imagine Nintendo going through all this trouble to bring NES and GBA games to the 3DS only to fence them off to prospective future buyers or later adopters (or not release anymore GBA games at all).

I love this, they really offered a strong selection of games, i'm trying to decide what to play: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Metroid Fusion or Pushimo (which i just bought.) Guess that's what they call a good problem.

Thanks, OP.

Welp, time to get back to playing Skyrim. Just kidding.

If they were going for a marketing vibe, they should have just released these on Christmas. Ida been like, "Can't open my presents, gosta download my games." Ya feel me?

i can care less about marketing talk or whatever. Just having fun playing some Metroid Fusion. Had this on the GBA and its still fun now. I wish the NES releases were a bit stronger but the GBA releases really made up for it.

bread's done
Back