3DS users report system crashes

First it was Microsoft's Red Ring of Death, Sony's Yellow Light of Death and now Nintendo's Black Screen of Death. Lol.

My DSi crashes to a black screen with the message "an error has occurred please turn the power off". I have not done anything to make it crash, I clean my games too and I don't use bootlegs or flash carts. The DSi doesn't seem to read games with dirt on them, while a DS Lite or original DS will. To clean the games take a thin cloth and wrap it around a credit card then dip the cloth in alcohol and stick it inbetween the contacts, that will clean the game.

its not death however, a simple restart fixes it..

probably a bug in the software or something. It will be fixed soon enough I am sure.

My 3DS' screens went black and the power & 3D lights stayed on while I was playing Pilotwings. The battery was very low so I'm not sure if it was a crash or just part of the shut down process for when the battery is about to die. Anyone else have an experience like this?

The system manual says the system will go into power save mode if the battery hits low while using 3D. If your screen goes black, try plugging it in and see if that works.

[quote name='stevo1002']The system manual says the system will go into power save mode if the battery hits low while using 3D. If your screen goes black, try plugging it in and see if that works.[/QUOTE]When it happened I put it on the dock for about 30 seconds or so and then I was able to shut it off. I guess it was the power save mode kicking in. Thanks for telling me about that.:cool::cool::cool:

Yeah, the SD card and system update have nothing to do with it.

Current theory is WiFi issues as no one has reported it happening while the WiFi is off. Perhaps signal loss/reconnection issues.

I'll keep playing Ghost Recon this way, so far so good.

[quote name='skubish']Had my first black screen last night while playing Ghost Recon. I turned off wifi and haven't had a problem since.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine "went to black" twice now, both times playing Ghost Recon, but in spite of that, I strongly suspect it's a hiccup in the firmware. Easily enough updated. Then again, I'm half convinced all the freezes on my PS3 are from their constant fiddling with firmware, so who knows.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I had no idea it came with a 2GB till I read this thread.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize the stylus telescopes until today, so rest easy and join the "WTF? I'm a dumbass" club.

I got an error and it read "an error has occurred please turn the power off" when i inserted my R4 card, and now hope that was not recorded into Activity Log,

[quote name='lathouwers']I got an error and it read "an error has occurred please turn the power off" when i inserted my R4 card, and now hope that was not recorded into Activity Log,[/QUOTE]

Why? Do you think Nintendo reviews everyone's logs? Also, you can delete entries from your Activity Log, fyi.

bread's done
Back