3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

Bought at Lombard, IL today on 12/14 and got $160 price match plus $20 gift card and $10 gift card for spending $50. Electronics department sent me to customer service but manager gave me deal with no problem. Another Target employee at customer service made comment that he had seen same deal given to another person earlier in the day.

Regarding the Hori screen protector, my local Gamestop offered to ship it right to my address for free through their ordering system. I'm pretty sure you can do this, just go into your local and ask!

My 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle seems to be a "resealed" one. It is where the two original circular stickers were cut, then another two circular stickers were placed over them in almost the exact same position and all.

Is this a "factory sealed" 3DS or has a thief tried to trick me?

Got $30 GC and 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 $160 plus taxes. Can't use my Red Card for some reason. I'll call 1-800 tomorrow. End up paying extra $8 for FREAKING TAXES :(

I tried to get the last MK7 XL bundle PMed at Target tonight using a copy of the BBY ad (didn't get a chance at any point earlier in the week thanks to finals), but the gaming supervisor said "the best we can do is take off $20 and still give the $20 gift card", which I know isn't true. Ah well, I'm taking this as a sign to hold off on the XL until a better deal comes along.

...And yes, I think there will be a better deal. ;)

I went to both Targets in Myrtle Beach. South end one wouldn't give the price match or GC together. I went to the one on Seaboard and it was no problem. Guy brought me up to Customer Service to double check the price on their iPad. Got the GC too and I had a $8 or $80 coupon so $151.99 (I did not have the coupon for $10 GC). Great price but our Taxes suck in the city limits, 9%!!

[quote name='ziria']I went to both Targets in Myrtle Beach. South end one wouldn't give the price match or GC together. I went to the one on Seaboard and it was no problem. Guy brought me up to Customer Service to double check the price on their iPad. Got the GC too and I had a $8 or $80 coupon so $151.99 (I did not have the coupon for $10 GC). Great price but our Taxes suck in the city limits, 9%!![/QUOTE]

I think if you ask for it they will say no, because after i didnt ask and waited they just automatixally scanned the gc for me

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']I think if you ask for it they will say no, because after i didnt ask and waited they just automatixally scanned the gc for me[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In hindsight I wish I hadn't asked about the price match and $20 GC before I tried to buy the system, it just seemed to draw unnecessary attention to just how absurd the deal is. It'd be better to just have the employee manually enter the price match and hopefully their system would still automatically issue the gift certificate.

I had no problem whatsoever PMing @ Target (one by Millenia Mall in Orlando) with the GC. I did this last Sunday, saw a lot of confirmation posts also, so I didn't bother to add. However, since it seems more hit and miss since then, decided I would post my success so others could see it is happening perhaps moreso than is being reported.

I had the electronics employee bring it to CS, where I presented the BB ad. I did not mention the GC. They rang it up, PMed it and then rang up the GC (because they are prompted to do so) with no questions asked. I paid with my Target card to knock it down a little more and it was over. Pretty painless.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']My 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle seems to be a "resealed" one. It is where the two original circular stickers were cut, then another two circular stickers were placed over them in almost the exact same position and all.

Is this a "factory sealed" 3DS or has a thief tried to trick me?[/QUOTE]

Anyone know?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Can you take a pic so ik what ur talking about? This is my first 3ds purchase and im also worried about mine being resealed...

Price matched at Target. I tried to get it with the MK bundle but they wouldn't. So I got the red one with $10 gift card coupon and gave my daughter the aqua blue 3ds. Her dsi was having trouble reading the cards. I love the screen size upgrade.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']My 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle seems to be a "resealed" one. It is where the two original circular stickers were cut, then another two circular stickers were placed over them in almost the exact same position and all.

Is this a "factory sealed" 3DS or has a thief tried to trick me?[/QUOTE]
There should be 2 circular stickers on the left and one circular sticker on the right side. If the original stickers were cut, it is better to make an exchange for another one. There shouldn't be 2 stickers on the left and then another 2 put on top of them.

I don't think it would be necessary for most people, I guess it would depend on your track record with electronics though. You won't be using the top screen for anything besides viewing.

All the local best buys were out of the Mario Kart bundle so I went to Target... and promptly got shot down because Target can't price match ANYTHING from anywhere else if they are offering a gift card themselves for the item. I told them I didn't even want the gift card... still no. Lame as fuck.

[quote name='crawlingpeter']All the local best buys were out of the Mario Kart bundle so I went to Target... and promptly got shot down because Target can't price match ANYTHING from anywhere else if they are offering a gift card themselves for the item. I told them I didn't even want the gift card... still no. Lame as fuck.[/QUOTE]

That is lame... Its always the people working i say try to do it at another target or wait till someone else is working if anything you can still get it tmrw for 160 i think at kmart

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']That is lame... Its always the people working i say try to do it at another target or wait till someone else is working if anything you can still get it tmrw for 160 i think at kmart[/QUOTE]

I would love to try at another store but the deal expires in a couple hours... didn't mean to wait til the end of the week but its the first day I saw any Mario Kart systems in stock. Oh well. I probably didn't need it anyway haha

Thanks for the encouragement tho!

Price matched at Target tonight & got the 10+20 on a gift card, plus the 5% off using Redcard. Amazed that I got it, and without drama.

bread's done
Back