3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

[quote name='Prinnybomb']Has anyone tried stacking Target's $10 gift card after buying $50 or more coupon after price matching Best Buy's price with the free $20 gift card?[/QUOTE]

Someone in SD said they did it but the manager would only give them 2 $10 GC and the $20 GC. That's probably VERY YMMV though since some of us weren't even able to get the the $20 GC.

[quote name='RiceQuakes']Oh darn. That would mean having to sell my retail copy and all my save info. :([/QUOTE]

Still worth it. Nintendo announced in the spring that they'll have a utility for transferring save data from cartridges to digital copies. MK7 will retain it's value as a first-party 3DS game, and in the meantime you can still play your cartridge on the XL. I've already done it, and the system doesn't mind that there are two MK7s available on the home screen =) Just do yourself a favor and don't boot the digital copy and confuse SpotPass/StreetPass data between copies.

I'll likely sell my cartridge once I can transfer save data. It's definitely cool to have full games stored on your system, I'd just likely never purchase them for MSRP off the eShop. At least a game like MK has quite a bit of replayability with MP.

[quote name='Prinnybomb']Has anyone tried stacking Target's $10 gift card after buying $50 or more coupon after price matching Best Buy's price with the free $20 gift card?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

We also used a $10 off $100 or more coupon with our purchase. Total was just under $150 after tax.

[quote name='JCrichton']Yes.

We also used a $10 off $100 or more coupon with our purchase. Total was just under $150 after tax.[/QUOTE]

Can you share what you got out of it?. And how many 10$ gc's did u get? Mightaswell do this if they dont give the 20$ gc after pm

Do the ones in the mario kart 3ds xl bundles still have screen scratching problems. I just looked it up on youtube and other sites but those are from like September.

Dang I bought the 3ds xl mk7 bundle yesterday pming at Target and got the $20 gift card for $170 after tax. Do you guys think they would refund me the difference if I bring in the receipt and show the coupon even after I opened the box?

[quote name='Prinnybomb']Dang I bought the 3ds xl mk7 bundle yesterday pming at Target and got the $20 gift card for $170 after tax. Do you guys think they would refund me the difference if I bring in the receipt and show the coupon even after I opened the box?[/QUOTE]

Proabably not... And did you get your 20$ gc w/ ease?. I think u shud still try but its a coupon and they dont have to give you that

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Can you share what you got out of it?. And how many 10$ gc's did u get? Mightaswell do this if they dont give the 20$ gc after pm[/QUOTE]
I think I detailed what we got earlier in the thread but just in case:

This was all done in the electronics dept, no need to go up front to CS. Asked about the PM and showed clerk the ad. He grabbed it out of the case, made the change at the register. We paid with a $10 GC and a Target $10 off "$100 or more" coupon we got last week while grocery shopping. Clerk didn't even bat an eye at giving us the $20 GC, he just swiped it and handed it to us with the unit in a plastic bag.

I now realize this may have been a bit of a different situation than what you were initially asking about. Doh!

Glad I signed in for the first time in forever, went and go a Kart pack transferred everything over but my concern too is Losing the save data off my cartridge MKart to the digital one now on the system..... Is their any way to do this yet before I sell my Aqua 3ds/MKart?? Got the new one for $168 + $20 gc worked for me. I have my Old system and MK7 selling for $130 and a few interested

[quote name='JCrichton']I think I detailed what we got earlier in the thread but just in case:

This was all done in the electronics dept, no need to go up front to CS. Asked about the PM and showed clerk the ad. He grabbed it out of the case, made the change at the register. We paid with a $10 GC and a Target $10 off "$100 or more" coupon we got last week while grocery shopping. Clerk didn't even bat an eye at giving us the $20 GC, he just swiped it and handed it to us with the unit in a plastic bag.

I now realize this may have been a bit of a different situation than what you were initially asking about. Doh![/QUOTE]

Ohh yup. Because theres a coupon for spend 50$ get 10$ gc and so i was wondering if i shud print 3 and see if getting 30$ back is a better deal if i dont get a 20$ gc

Yeah I got the $20 gc no problem at a target near my school. I think I'm gonna go try tomorrow and find out, but not really getting my hopes up. I wish I waited a bit longer to bite on this deal.

[quote name='panasonic']Do the ones in the mario kart 3ds xl bundles still have screen scratching problems. I just looked it up on youtube and other sites but those are from like September.[/QUOTE]

No, they don't have the screen scratching issue. You can look through the side when it's closed and see that there's a pretty good gap between the screens.

[quote name='Prinnybomb']Yeah I got the $20 gc no problem at a target near my school. I think I'm gonna go try tomorrow and find out, but not really getting my hopes up. I wish I waited a bit longer to bite on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh , im wondering if i print out the coupons if they would still give me the 20$ coupon proab not...

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Ohh yup. Because theres a coupon for spend 50$ get 10$ gc and so i was wondering if i shud print 3 and see if getting 30$ back is a better deal if i dont get a 20$ gc[/QUOTE]
Highly unlikely that they would honor more than one of the $10 off $50 coupons on one order. It might even say on the coupon something about that.

[quote name='JCrichton']Highly unlikely that they would honor more than one of the $10 off $50 coupons on one order. It might even say on the coupon something about that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, im going to try this im still not sure if they will give me a 20$ gc yet after pm

I am also Bummed to get rid of my Aqua.......... But anyone on the fence MAN These screens are FUGGIN huge and the larger system is easier to handle. My hands would cramp all the time and squinting to see the screen sucked.....

Price matched at the Target CS counter and got the $20 GC without a problem.
I was in a hurry and forgot about the $10 GC with $50 purchase coupon in my purse :( Oh well, I know I can spend that on something else :)

[quote name='giggle8803']Price matched at the Target CS counter and got the $20 GC without a problem.
I was in a hurry and forgot about the $10 GC with $50 purchase coupon in my purse :( Oh well, I know I can spend that on something else :)[/QUOTE]

Did you ask for the gc or did they just gave it to u?

Best buy wont match the $20 GC from Target...something about not allowing a match on a bundle sale???

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Did you ask for the gc or did they just gave it to u?[/QUOTE]

Just gave it to me, no asking involved.

It was 5:20 and there were at least 5 people in line behind me at the CS counter. The cashier and the manager who punched in her code to approve the pm were in kind of a "just keep em moving" mode. Neither of them batted an eye. Hope everyone is just as lucky!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Oh, im going to try this im still not sure if they will give me a 20$ gc yet after pm[/QUOTE]
Best of luck! :D

I hope your hassle was as minimal as ours was.

Sweet! Got a 3ds xl for 169$ tax included and got the 20$ gc no questions asked and gave them the 10$ gc for spending 50$ or more.. And pm kmart to get new super mario bros 2 for 30$ so in all i spend only 172$ for everything.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I am having the hardest time finding Hori Screen protectors. I was hoping to get them ASAP via Amazon or local TRU but no luck.[/QUOTE]

Whats so special about them? I bought a screen protector from gs w/ my leftover credit. But it only covers the bottom

I was able to pm the mk7 bundle at the chino CA target off grand ave. There were about 6 left in the display case. I just showed the bb price on my tablet to cs. I also got the $20 gc as well as a $10 gc after using the coupon which expires Dec 15 (receive $10 gc for spending at least $50). Asked if I could use multiple coupons but csr said only one per transaction. Selling my flame red 3ds for $125 via cl today. As others have noted, the blue looks fugly in pictures but I think it looks pretty cool once you have it in your hands.

I have an original launch 3DS. I have no need for the XL. It looks great, but I do not need it. Right? I mean... come on, someone talk me off the ledge. I can't justify the upgrade. (If I can't convince myself, how can I convince my wife?)

[quote name='hoofrog']I have an original launch 3DS. I have no need for the XL. It looks great, but I do not need it. Right? I mean... come on, someone talk me off the ledge. I can't justify the upgrade. (If I can't convince myself, how can I convince my wife?)[/QUOTE]

Why would you need a bigger screen and slightly better battery life? Not to mention it's more comfortable to hold IMO. I tried talking myself out of it too but it didn't work. :lol::cry:

[quote name='hoofrog']I have an original launch 3DS. I have no need for the XL. It looks great, but I do not need it. Right? I mean... come on, someone talk me off the ledge. I can't justify the upgrade. (If I can't convince myself, how can I convince my wife?)[/QUOTE]

You don't *need* any videogames, technically. Besides, if you are already getting use out of the 3DS there is no reason not to have the best experience especially considering you can sell the old one or gift it to a young family member. :D

- JC, the Helpful

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I am having the hardest time finding Hori Screen protectors. I was hoping to get them ASAP via Amazon or local TRU but no luck.[/QUOTE]

If you live in NYC, Nintendo World has them. I bought them 2 days before the sale started this Sunday :D

[quote name='eliter1']Why would you need a bigger screen and slightly better battery life? Not to mention it's more comfortable to hold IMO. I tried talking myself out of it too but it didn't work. :lol::cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JCrichton']You don't *need* any videogames, technically. Besides, if you are already getting use out of the 3DS there is no reason not to have the best experience especially considering you can sell the old one or gift it to a young family member. :D

- JC, the Helpful[/QUOTE]

I'm with them. Jump! Jump! Jump!

Finally bought one, using gift cards and BB credit brought it down to about $33 cash. Any recommendations for cases for the XL?

[quote name='Gabrius']No MK7 bundles in my area T_T[/QUOTE]

Ended up scoring one at Target... and got $30 in GCs on top of the $160 price.

'twas a good day!

[quote name='eliter1']Why would you need a bigger screen and slightly better battery life? Not to mention it's more comfortable to hold IMO. I tried talking myself out of it too but it didn't work. :lol::cry:[/QUOTE]

A couple of extra "pros" for the XL to add: home and related buttons are actual buttons on the XL. The XL doesn't seem to have the problem with the bezel of the touch screen messing up the top screen. Stylus compartment is now on the side instead of having to reach back center below the 3d screen. Due to the larger size of the 3D screen, the sweet spot is bigger meaning that it's easier to stay in the 3D viewing zone.

After I sold my OG 3DS for $125 today and with the potential of getting the MK7 bundle for $160 with $30 in GC back at Target, I decided to jump on the bandwagon!!!

My Best Buy would not add on the Target gift card, and my Target would not price match + add gift card. :cold:

Yep same here. I wonder why the HORI 3DS XL screen protectors are "Online Only" at GameStop and not in stores? The only 3DS XL screen protectors I've seen in stock out of Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and GameStop are the Rocketfish brand (made by Best Buy).

Just got the Super Mario Kart bundle for 159.99 + a $20 and a $10 gift card at Target here. No problems other than having to wait for a manager to arrive to approve the override, but she did it without a thought.

Yeah managed to get the deal at Target for the Mario Kart 7 verison and get the 30 dollar gift card. So far loving the system.

Got it at Target with the $20 GC. Dude at Electronics was pretty cool about it too; said the system automatically gave out the GC before he entered in the price match, so there wasn't going to be an issue.

Thanks CAG for the heads up about the Target GC (believe GameSmacker was the first one I saw to confirm). Already was a great deal at BB, but doesn't hurt to get a little better. :) Glad to be a 3DS owner now.

pricematched at tarjay with the gift card without issue. figure i'll give out the GC as a gift to someone for xmas, which lowers the system all the more, since it had to be purchased anyways. this was at the broadview, IL target, in case anyone in the area is interested in doing the same.

I can't find any Hori screen protectors online for the $8.99 price and I can't find any cases in store either. =(

[quote name='FriscoDude']I can't find any Hori screen protectors online for the $8.99 price and I can't find any cases in store either. =([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bosamba']I ordered mine from Gamestop.com yesterday. If you spend at least $25, you get free value shipping. http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/accessories/3ds-xl-screen-protective-filter/104724.[/QUOTE]

One page back.

bread's done
Back