3rd party Wii Remote and nunchuk w/ Choice of Game $35 @ walmart.com

Walmart has Power A & Nyko brand Wii controllers (purple, pink, white, black) w/ the matching nunchuk plus your choice of 21 games for only $35. Thought it was a good deal since the controllers retail $20-$40 in stores alone and the games vary $20-$50. Appears to be online only deal. Shipping started at $5.94 per bundle.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wii-Remote-Power-A-Pro-Pack-w-Game/11077560

Popular Title includes:

• New Super Mario Bros
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Disney's Epic Mickey
  • Pokepark: Pikachu's Adventure
  • Just Dance
  • Just Dance 2
  • Wii Party
  • Wii Sport Resort
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Hasbro Family Game Night 2
  • Super Mario Allstars 3
Credit to mommaboncher from SlickDeal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok after reading some of the posts on SD, I pulled the trigger. Some have said that the receipt will list the remote for $20 and the game for $15, you're able to return just the remote/chuck for $20 making the game $15 ($20 with shipping costs)

Ugh I can't decide SMG2, NSMB or Epic Mickey. I'm thinking Mickey.

$40 after shipping so bout the same price Mickey has been and I get a Mote+Chuk.

REALLY wish It was Donkey Kong. Been waiting for a decent deal on it.

I picked up Epic Mickey for me and the Purple Nyko Remotes for my little sisters.
I bought them a Wii for xmas and I needed to get and extra controller set so this deal was a no brainer.

Snagged Epic Mickey and a mini-controller. Figured at worst could give my two year-old his own controller without worrying about him breaking the official ones. And I was going to buy Epic Mickey anyway, so this deal just makes sense.

I got Power A mini controler set with Epic MIckey. I heard good feedback for this mini wii conmtroller and actualy TV chanel G4 (I think was attack of the show) gave it very high review last week.

Wow! It worked, $40 shipped for Mario Kart w- wheel and a controller. Kotaku reviewed these controllers awhile back and seemed to like them, the wii-mote is very small, they said it worked nice for holding sideways.

If I could definitely return the wiimote for $20 credit I'd bite, but tax and shipping are another $10 making the game almost full price.

[quote name='confoosious']are the remotes gonna look pretty stupid when you add the motion plus accessory onto them?

i ordered one anyway.[/QUOTE]
I was watching a video where someone was reviewing those remotes with the motion+ on it. It is preety damn big on the back of those little remotes, but it does work.

Amazon gives $10 trade in for the purple remote and $7.5 for the black remote. Basically the purple remote will cover your tax/shipping. This is a pretty good deal, basically giving you any of those games for $45 with a $10 Amazon credit if you don't want the 3rd party wiimote.

I would get this but the only game on the list I want is Mario Kart and I'd rather just pay $39 on Amazon rather than have to jump through that many hoops for 4-5 bucks.

[quote name='bk187']Amazon gives $10 trade in for the purple remote and $7.5 for the black remote. Basically the purple remote will cover your tax/shipping. This is a pretty good deal, basically giving you any of those games for $45 with a $10 Amazon credit if you don't want the 3rd party wiimote.

I would get this but the only game on the list I want is Mario Kart and I'd rather just pay $39 on Amazon rather than have to jump through that many hoops for 4-5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Why would you not return it to Walmart rather than trading it in to Amazon?

[quote name='confoosious']are the remotes gonna look pretty stupid when you add the motion plus accessory onto them?

i ordered one anyway.[/QUOTE]

You can fix this problem by looking at the TV screen when you play the game instead of the remote.

Anyway, I picked this up. Wanted to try this controller and Epic Mickey. Really surprised they included it instead of some shovelware.

1243465624-784845-600x480-1243464915motivator91ad7e80dafab6e58bd8b54b2a4a69dcec131dc0.jpg

[quote name='Cindaddy']Why would you not return it to Walmart rather than trading it in to Amazon?[/QUOTE]

My bad, didn't realize this was possible. I've never bought from Walmart before and assumed you couldn't because you'd lose the deal.

Walmart would give you a full refund of the price of the wiimote to your credit card even though you got it with the deal?

EDIT: I'm assuming they wouldn't fully refund the wiimote considering it's 30 bucks, but how much would they give you for it?

[quote name='bk187']My bad, didn't realize this was possible. I've never bought from Walmart before.

Walmart would give you a full refund of the price of the wiimote to your credit card even though you got it with the deal?[/QUOTE]
Yes, usually with these bundles, your receipt will show the two items seperate. $20 for the remote and $15 for the game. You can just return the remote and get the game for $15 + whatever tax and shipping you payed.

The power a controllers are actually very nice. Thinking of getting one and trading in mario to amazon for 27 bucks. I already have it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, usually with these bundles, your receipt will show the two items seperate. $20 for the remote and $15 for the game. You can just return the remote and get the game for $15 + whatever tax and shipping you payed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm actually going to bite on this deal now.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']If I buy it online and decide I don't want it anymore, I can return it instore right?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok after reading some of the posts on SD, I pulled the trigger. Some have said that the receipt will list the remote for $20 and the game for $15, you're able to return just the remote/chuck for $20 making the game $15 ($20 with shipping costs)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the note on how this is divided up. It's bugged me that Epic Mickey doesn't interest me, but at this price, it may be hard to pass up.

consensus is the Power A mini?? I am looking to pick up Wii Sports Resort w/ Motion Plus and this looks like a good deal. The girlfriend might like the mini controller as well.

Man, what a deal! I had to bite. I picked up a new red Wii last week and needed to pick up more games. The pink Wii Remote and nunchuk as well as Mario Galaxy 2 was too good to pass up. My daughter is gonna be thrilled this Christmas. Santa did good this year ;)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, usually with these bundles, your receipt will show the two items seperate. $20 for the remote and $15 for the game. You can just return the remote and get the game for $15 + whatever tax and shipping you payed.[/QUOTE]

It's funny that everyone believes that you can return this so easily. These wiimotes aren't sold in the stores, so return to the store is an unlikely option, especially without a receipt.

[quote name='V3rtigo']It's funny that everyone believes that you can return this so easily. These wiimotes aren't sold in the stores, so return to the store is an unlikely option, especially without a receipt.[/QUOTE]I would be returning with the receipt, and this remote is sold in stores. Anything else?

[quote name='icedrake523']You can fix this problem by looking at the TV screen when you play the game instead of the remote.

ware.[/QUOTE]

What a moron.

I guess your car looks like shit too since you focus on the road.

I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to return in store if you have the packing slip it shipped with.

[quote name='bk187']My bad, didn't realize this was possible. I've never bought from Walmart before.

Walmart would give you a full refund of the price of the wiimote to your credit card even though you got it with the deal?[/QUOTE]

This deal just went live, so no one knows how Wal*Mart will really handle the returns.

After S&H (almost $6!!!) and tax, I think I'd rather skip the hassles.

Just return the remote with your packing slip. No problem. All walmart.com returns that are made in store actually get shipped back to the warehouse per 2 different managers.

[quote name='AwRy108']What he/she is suggesting is not a deal, it's a theft. Besides, this deal just went live, so no one knows how Wal*Mart will really handle the returns.

After S&H (almost $6!!!) and tax, I think I'd rather skip the hassles.[/QUOTE]
How so? You're returning a item for the exact price you payed for it. Its definitely not theft.:roll:

[quote name='V3rtigo']It's funny that everyone believes that you can return this so easily. These wiimotes aren't sold in the stores, so return to the store is an unlikely option, especially without a receipt.[/QUOTE]

So, in the likely chance that this won't return to stores exactly as some are predicting, then you're out $6 for shipping plus whatever else may not go right with the return.

If there was some type of solid guarantee that the end price of the game(s) would come out low after returning the accessories, I'd be all over this; but, as of now, a lot of the "savings" here are based off of assumptions.

Seems like a lot of trouble for Wii games that GameFly will just sell for $15 to $25 in a few months. Plus, you get the added bonus of not giving Wal*Mart extra business.

I recently had an incident where I bought a "NEW" PS3 Slim at Wal*Mart that: 1) the ROM drive was broken; and 2) the HDD had been switched out for a smaller one, and I had to fight with the manager about getting my money back. So, basically, they sold me a used, tampered-with, broken $300 console and didn't want to let me return it a day later.

Eff Wal*Mart, I'll wait for Epic Mickey to go on sale elsewhere.

[quote name='hwmusic']consensus is the Power A mini?? I am looking to pick up Wii Sports Resort w/ Motion Plus and this looks like a good deal. The girlfriend might like the mini controller as well.[/QUOTE]

The power a controller wii mote works really well. Not a big fan of the power a nunchuck so i use a standard one instead. But over all the wand portion tracks really well. Uses AAA batteries. You must be a lucky guy having a girlfriend that likes small things.....sorry just had to say it...... ;)

[quote name='AwRy108']So, in the likely chance that this won't return to stores exactly as some are predicting, then you're out $6 for shipping plus whatever else may not go right with the return.

If there was some type of solid guarantee that the end price of the game(s) would come out low after returning the accessories, I'd be all over this; but, as of now, a lot of the "savings" here are based off of assumptions.

.[/QUOTE]
Do what you want but it is not YMMV . I know for a fact on items such as these ordered from Walmart there will be no problem returning any item separately as they are listed separately on the packing list and online receipt. I should know because my Local walmart has my picture hanging over the return desk with this label.
"This customer is always right and he has all day to make your life a living hell, just give him his refund and move on":bouncy:

bread's done
Back