4/13-4/19 $104 credit w/XB1, $84 w/PS3 or PS4, $24 w/Yoshi's Island, Mario Party or Pokemon X/Y, $74 3DSXL, $34 Wii Mini, $20 MK8 P/O @ Kmart

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
In store only to get the maximum credit values with double dip

MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE DIP THE POINTS OFFER BY BUYING KMART GIFTCARDS 1ST THEN USING
THEM TO PAY FOR THE ITEMS
Also, factor in how much tax you're gonna pay since the extra card(s) could be another $5-$20 in credit.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329422-46-419-in-store-only-get-a-5-kmart-award-card-2sywr-when-you-buy-a-25-kmart-giftcard-itunes-xbox-or-regal-card-kmart/page-2#entry11686196

Just off the gift card double dip
$104 credit on a XB1 not including tax which could add another $10 with an 8% tax rate
$84 credit on a PS4
$64 on a $300 WiiU $54 on a $250 WiiU
$45 on a PS Vita

All credits are SYWR points 1,000 pts = $1

You get $2 extra credit on the 1st two $25 Kmart gift cards & you must get the Kmart Gift cards in $25 increments 1 or 2 $25 gift cards per transaction.

Buy $250 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the PS3
$30 credit on the PS3 w/o doing the double dip
$84 credit w/$250 Blue PS3 & get a free($20 MSRP) Alphaline Bluetooth Headset

Buy $200 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the 3DS XL
$30 credit w/any 3DS XL w/o double dip
$74 credit w/Any 3DS XL

$20 credit w/Mario Kart 8 pre-order

Buy $100 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the Wii Mini
$10 credit w/o double dip
$34 credit w/Wii Mini Mario Kart Bundle

Buy $75 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the starter pack
$10 credit w/o double dip
$29 credit w/Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack PS3/360/Wii U

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off Skylanders priced $10-$15
Or
Selected value DS/Wii games $15-$20 DS Wall E, Lego Battles, Lego LOTR, Battle Ninjago, Touchmaster,
Ratatouille & Wii Lego Batman

Buy $50 in Kmart Gift cards and use it to pay for any of the 3DS games
Buy $175 in Kmart Gift cards use them to pay for all 4 games for $160 + $79 credit
$10 credit per title w/o double dip
$24 w/select 3DS games-Yoshi`s Island, Mario Party, Pokemon X or Y

Buy $50 in Kmart Gift cards and use them to pay for the DS3, Kill zone or Knack
Buy $125 in Kmart Giftcards & buy all 3 for $120+ tax w/$29 credit

$14 credit w/any 1 of the 3
$0.00 credit w/o double dip
$40 DualShock 3
$40 Knack
$40 Killzone Shadow Fall

$10 off select 360/PS3/Wii/WiiU/XB1 games-Just Dance 14, Just Dance Kids, Fifa 14, COD Ghosts & Batman Arkham Origins

Buy $175 in Kmart Gift cards
$20 credit w/o double dip
$59 credit w/$160 7in Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite

$10-$13 16GB PNY Micro SD or thumb Drive

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're already going to be buying MK8 and can't find something in the store or on their website to use $35 worth of points on then you're just being willfully ignorant.
To be fair, I don't think that's true. My local K-Mart sells "groceries" in the form of soda, cereal, and candy, but that's about it. If you are like me (a dieter who doesn't eat many sweets and skips breakfast) there's not much for you here. Oh, and everything is ridiculously priced...... $2 for a bottle of Coke!?

Their men's section isn't much better, last time I was there I had a hard time finding any worthwhile clothing. I suppose if you like Nintendo themed clothing they had a few shirts, but I don't. Nothing worthwhile in terms of office attire, and again, prices are asinine.

Still, SSB is coming out soon..... I figure I can just use the credit on that. But if I were some crazy freak who had no interest in that game, I'd also be struggling with how these points should be spent, the local stores really didn't have much in terms of selection. And after looking at their gaming section (which does lack many new releases, whether many games were sold out or buried in all the crap or never put out I have no idea) I am even questioning if that's an option. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay to have it shipped.

Last edited:
Kmart's site is absolutely horrendous.  I had everything ready to go, $38 worth of points coming  back and clicked process order and nothing happened.  I tried adding everything to my cart again, but then the coupon wouldn't apply.  I created a new account and tried, but it didn't work.  Finally I got on my girlfriends account on a different computer and did it and it worked.  No wonder I don't shop at Kmart very often.

Kmart's site is absolutely horrendous. I had everything ready to go, $38 worth of points coming back and clicked process order and nothing happened. I tried adding everything to my cart again, but then the coupon wouldn't apply. I created a new account and tried, but it didn't work. Finally I got on my girlfriends account on a different computer and did it and it worked. No wonder I don't shop at Kmart very often.
Were you using their mobile site? It's very finicky on my phone, but I had no problems whatsoever once I tried it on a PC. It still isn't the easiest site to navigate but if you know where you are going it works fine.

Or it did for me anyways. Firefox user btw.

Last edited:
To be fair, I don't think that's true.
Well I meant more that if nothing else you should be getting nearly $40 that you can then turn around and drop on another new release (often with more free points) or get a 3DS game for under $5. They might not have the biggest or best selection these days but they're at least getting most new releases in still.

Exactly, if you can't find something you're not looking.  Whenever I get a few dollars in surprise points and don't have anything in particular to use them on I just go to SD and search the store they're for and always can find something neat to get either for free or just about.

Tried to buy a $25 Xbox currency card and the damn things wouldn't register with the registers when swiped. Gave up and went home.  FML 

Still thinking about getting a Wii Mini, finally saw one at my local Kmart. Didn't have the $100 to burn.

Does anybody else's K-Mart ban the use of credit cards to buy gift cards? Kills this whole deal for me.
So don`t be obvious just add filler items to the purchase then goto CS & return them keeping the giftcards.

How much credit am I going to get for Xbox one or wii u with this promotion?
$500 XB1 $114 credit + the points on the purchase
$400 PS4 $94 credit + the points on the purchase
An 8% tax rate is another $40 so get 2 more cards to cover it.
WiiU $59 credit + the points for the purchase

So don`t be obvious just add filler items to the purchase then goto CS & return them keeping the giftcards.

$500 XB1 $114 credit + the points on the purchase
$400 PS4 $94 credit + the points on the purchase
An 8% tax rate is another $40 so get 2 more cards to cover it.
WiiU $59 credit + the points for the purchase
Be careful buying consoles from Kmart. Hands down it is the easiest retailer to scam in regards to returning a brick inside a box. Make sure you check the seals very carefully (if they even have seals---looking at you Nintendo). I've purchased a broken PSP and broken PS3 in the last year in which neither console matched the S/N on the box. Also in most instances they ship from stores and not from warehouses so buying online for ship to home isn't much safer.

Well one of my mystery award certificates ended up being for $10 so that was nice.  Between those and the points on two accounts I got two Mario Kart motorcycle K'nex sets, a $25 XBL card, $50 in Kmart cards, Kid Icarus, and $10 in remaining awards cards for just over $50 out of pocket and $12 in SYWR points.

I'm not sure how a deal could be any more complicated.
Well it could be like I experienced tonight where you get an incompetent cashier with a broken POS that doesn't know how to do anything so she accidentally screws your order up then you have to have it all redone and then redone again because the cards won't activate again.

Edit- Well Cthulhu damn it all. The $25 code isn't activated, expecting the award card to not work either. This is going to be fun getting it sorted out.

FYI, the fine print for the Mario pre-order says limited to 500 copies nationwide

Edit: Considering the tax rates these are really the best credit offers on systems in fact these will be better than what's available on black Friday for some.

First time dealing with these reward points. I see that my points from the mario kart order are pending. Do the points stay pending until the game is released or will they post sooner?

Well it could be like I experienced tonight where you get an incompetent cashier with a broken POS that doesn't know how to do anything so she accidentally screws your order up then you have to have it all redone and then redone again because the cards won't activate again.

Edit- Well Cthulhu damn it all. The $25 code isn't activated, expecting the award card to not work either. This is going to be fun getting it sorted out.
You mean you paid $25 and the KMART gift card isn't even activated? How do they even take your money if it's not activated?

I've had issues with them screwing up XBOX and PSN cards, but I don't' think they ever got to the point of completing a transaction with an unactivated card. It was more an issue of them being clueless and wasting my time with their broken systems without ever getting to the process of completing a transaction...

I'm stopping by tomorrow to check PS3 inventory since I need a replacement system bad (and if they have inventory of PS3, to load up on gift cards for that purchase). I assume that if we buy gift cards,it should show on the receipt that it's activated, and that the $5 promo card is also "activated" (even though you have to wait until 4/20-4/26 to use the promo)? Depending on how it goes with the gift cards and the PS3, i might also try and buy enough additional gift cards to get $84 off a PS4, but again... it all depends on if they have any inventory... and unfortunately it's probably not very likely on either working in my favor.

Can anyone at least confirm that this weeks $30 SYWR credit doesn't have to be on just the BLUE PS3? Has anyone actually purchased a PS3 using this deal yet? While I would really like the blue PS3, I find it impossible to believe that KMART would have them. My guess would be that the stores around here have NEVER had them...but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

You mean you paid $25 and the KMART gift card isn't even activated? How do they even take your money if it's not activated?
It was the XBL $25 card and associated award card that's not working. They had to void the original transaction then naturally it screwed up the second transaction when they tried to use the same cards. Then they took me to customer service, did it all again and she handed me the XBL card and award card and the receipt. I just looked at the receipt and she must have handed me the wrong card back because it's the wrong last four numbers on the back of it and the award card isn't even on there.

It's just worse because it's a store that's out of my way because I was going past it on the way home.

I'm stopping by tomorrow to check PS3 inventory since I need a replacement system bad (and if they have inventory of PS3, to load up on gift cards for that purchase). I assume that if we buy gift cards,it should show on the receipt that it's activated, and that the $5 promo card is also "activated" (even though you have to wait until 4/20-4/26 to use the promo)? Depending on how it goes with the gift cards and the PS3, i might also try and buy enough additional gift cards to get $84 off a PS4, but again... it all depends on if they have any inventory... and unfortunately it's probably not very likely on either working in my favor.

Can anyone at least confirm that this weeks $30 SYWR credit doesn't have to be on just the BLUE PS3? Has anyone actually purchased a PS3 using this deal yet? While I would really like the blue PS3, I find it impossible to believe that KMART would have them. My guess would be that the stores around here have NEVER had them...but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

It depends on whether you get a dated or generic card as to when you can actually use it; some are dated and some are generic and work right away. You get an actual card if it's an award card promo and it does show it on the receipt.

The blue one I haven't seen at all stores but the ones that had it the blue was always in the glass case under the counter with the register so look there.

Remember it's $84 in credit back on the PS3 not $84 off. Plus with tax it's closer to $89.
The last two weeks they specifically mentioned the blue PS3 console. The ad says "featured PS3 console". I know Kmart is bad but have you checked their stock checker.

I always feel like English is my second language when reading Enuf's posts. I seriously don't follow them.
What part(s) are you missing? Whatever amount you`re gonna spend on an item buy that amount in kmart gc`s then use the gc`s to pay for it.

Was annoying to go back but got them to give me a new $25 XBL card and made sure to redeem it before I left the store this time.

Well this blew up in my face....  :bomb:

I went in several days ago for 2 $25 gift cards still haven't gotten my $4 in points yet.  I was told it would only take a few hours  And while they did give me 2 $5 cards, they are only active for next week (which, of course, is too late for the $10 off 3DS games).  I know I won't be seeing the $10 in points for the game for some time, hoping they are added without issue, but I'm still not even seeing the purchase on my account  :whistle2:

Oh well, guess I'll go back next week and buy a shirt or something, at least I'll have saved $10 there.  Thanks anyways OP.

Last edited:
Well this blew up in my face.... :bomb:

I went in several days ago for 2 $25 gift cards still haven't gotten my $4 in points yet. I was told it would only take a few hours And while they did give me 2 $5 cards, they are only active for next week (which, of course, is too late for the $10 off 3DS games). I know I won't be seeing the $10 in points for the game for some time, hoping they are added without issue, but I'm still not even seeing the purchase on my account :whistle2:?
Oh well, guess I'll go back next week and buy a shirt or something, at least I'll have saved $10 there. Thanks anyways OP.
I've kinda got accustomed to doing the leg work for deals since it seems every retailer has their own issues but for those who complain about BB & waiting weeks the grass isn't always greener.
But GBAstar did tell us to go into this with our eyes wide open & considering how bad Kmart stores look well...I'll be calling if/when there's problem.

Well this blew up in my face.... :bomb:

I went in several days ago for 2 $25 gift cards still haven't gotten my $4 in points yet. I was told it would only take a few hours And while they did give me 2 $5 cards, they are only active for next week (which, of course, is too late for the $10 off 3DS games). I know I won't be seeing the $10 in points for the game for some time, hoping they are added without issue, but I'm still not even seeing the purchase on my account :whistle2:?

Oh well, guess I'll go back next week and buy a shirt or something, at least I'll have saved $10 there. Thanks anyways OP.
I haven't gotten the points on either account I've used so going to have to call as well. If they add the points manually those should be just normal points with a year or whatever expiration and not a week, at least that's how it's been in the past. Not that I want to give up free money but as long as I'm getting the $5 reward cards that's more important overall.

What has me rather worried is that I used points towards the MK8 pre-order and while it shows it in my Kmart account it's not reflected in my SYWR account in either point balance or history. Won't be happy if they're like oh you used points that expired, CANCELLED.

I've kinda got accustomed to doing the leg work for deals since it seems every retailer has their own issues but for those who complain about BB & waiting weeks the grass isn't always greener.
But GBAstar did tell us to go into this with our eyes wide open & considering how bad Kmart stores look well...I'll be calling if/when there's problem.
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to calling customer service but it may be worth a shot. How good are they at solving problems? I know I've had several issues with Best Buy customer service before, so if it's anything like that it may be better to just cut my losses and forget about these SYWR deals from here on out.

I knew I'd be waiting a month or so for the $10 back from Yoshi, but the clerk said the $4 from the gift cards should be the same day at most. I still thought some sort of record of my purchase of the game would show up immediately on my account though.

The store didn't look that bad overall, aside from the electronics section. That was a nightmare, and it took me forever to find the game. They've got crap piled up everywhere and the glass case is covered with a ridiculous amount of ads and stickers making it even harder to see what's what. I probably should've taken a photo lol. It's ridiculous how they expect anybody to even see what they are selling, let alone find what they are looking for.

I haven't gotten the points on either account I've used so going to have to call as well. If they add the points manually those should be just normal points with a year or whatever expiration and not a week, at least that's how it's been in the past. Not that I want to give up free money but as long as I'm getting the $5 reward cards that's more important overall.

What has me rather worried is that I used points towards the MK8 pre-order and while it shows it in my Kmart account it's not reflected in my SYWR account in either point balance or history. Won't be happy if they're like oh you used points that expired, CANCELLED.
Well I've got the same pre-order and was told that nothing should be applied until the game ships, or maybe even a little while after. But I'm starting to get a little worried on that too; if I don't get my points back from the purchase I suppose I could just refund the game :???:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to calling customer service but it may be worth a shot. How good are they at solving problems? I know I've had several issues with Best Buy customer service before, so if it's anything like that it may be better to just cut my losses and forget about these SYWR deals from here on out.

Well I've got the same pre-order and was told that nothing should be applied until the game ships, or maybe even a little while after. But I'm starting to get a little worried on that too; if I don't get my points back from the purchase I suppose I could just refund the game :???:
I've only had to call a couple times but got a nice actual English speaking person who took care of me right away. I know others have had worse experiences though.

Yeah, I figured that was the case and it does show on the order confirmation that I used the $7 in points towards it. Just being safe and not going to try and double dip and use those points again.

The $2 in SYWR points won't post for awhile. Maybe a week or two. It's somewhere in the fine print.
Yeah it says within 30 days. The cards aren't supposed to work until next week as well but it depends if they give you the proper dated one or a generic.

Yeah it says within 30 days. The cards aren't supposed to work until next week as well but it depends if they give you the proper dated one or a generic.
Yeah my store always uses either "merchandise credit" cards or standard SHC gift cards because they're never able to locate the promo ones so thankfully I can use them right away. The best part though is my state made it illegal for gift cards to expire so I don't have to ever worry about expiration dates.

How about the $30 on the PS3 or 3DS? Do those show up quicker?

I picked up a few gift cards yesterday. But they were enforcing the 2 per customer limit, so I only ended up with 4 cards. I'll have to go back. The good news is 2 of my 4 "promo" cards, will be usable right away. 

Fortunately they had several of the blue PS3's in stock. So at least that part of it should not be confusing at all. My only concern is if the credit actually shows up, and if using a bunch of gift cards might somehow complicate things (it shouldn't, but you never know). 

How about the $30 on the PS3 or 3DS? Do those show up quicker?

I picked up a few gift cards yesterday. But they were enforcing the 2 per customer limit, so I only ended up with 4 cards. I'll have to go back. The good news is 2 of my 4 "promo" cards, will be usable right away.

Fortunately they had several of the blue PS3's in stock. So at least that part of it should not be confusing at all. My only concern is if the credit actually shows up, and if using a bunch of gift cards might somehow complicate things (it shouldn't, but you never know).
Here's how it works. Any store promotion involving SYWR points EXCEPT the gift card promotion, the points should ALWAYS post immediately--in fact you'll see the points on your receipt as soon as you pay. If they did NOT then somehow the deal got screwed up.

There are some little nuances with SYWR points that I can't remember off the top of my head but usually if you buy two of the same item you have to do it in separate transactions. Like if game "X" gives 10,000pts ($10) and you want two copies you should buy them separately.

Also it used to be if you pay for the ENTIRE purchase using SYWR points then you wouldn't earn points.

There are a few more but I don't remember what they are.

The part that it never goes as easy as you make it out to be.
"Never" or always is a strong word to speak for such a large group of people. Plus you`ve been here long enough to see a thread titled "4/10 Game _____ for $20 @ ____" and w/i the 1st 10 post a person is at the store saying no one knows why it`s $50 YMMV or deal is dead, meanwhile it`s only 4/1 and they don`t own a time machine. Or a title/OP clearly says/mentions coupon along with the price of the coupon and/or how to get it but w/o fail every page of a 60 page thread there will be 2-3 posts asking the same question. Followed by the answer or "READ THE OP".
These aren`t my stores if you were shopping at Enuf`s Electronics Supply House it wouldn`t even be this complex I`d have up to date systems so my b2g1 doesn`t become a b1g3.
There`s "human element" from both the staff AND customer if either one isn`t on point errors will happen no matter how good the pc system is.

You won`t a single post on CAG from me declining to assist any community member in any way possible w/i reason. And I rarely abandon my threads or don`t keep both title & OP updated plus I do the little things add up most if not all the math. In this very thread I posted this deal not realizing the the credit offers on systems would be this amazing, but I asked GBAstar gave me the answer & I updated everything from the ground up.

Thanks anyway, but I don't do K-Mart. Poor selection, lousy customer service, and it took entirely too long for most locations to pull their heads out of their asses and step into the 21st century along with every other superstore chain. I can remember as late as 1998 walking into a K-Mart and feeling as though I'd stepped through a portal to the 1970s.

Thanks anyway, but I don't do K-Mart. Poor selection, lousy customer service, and it took entirely too long for most locations to pull their heads out of their asses and step into the 21st century along with every other superstore chain. I can remember as late as 1998 walking into a K-Mart and feeling as though I'd stepped through a portal to the 1970s.
Agreed, I`m an 80's baby and my local kmart looks the exact same way 34 yrs later but if I was in the market for a XB1, PS3, PS4 or 3DSXL I`d get $114 credit on the XB1, $94 on a PS3 or PS4, $74 credit on a 3DS and use the credit on games. Come November you may not see a better deal.
If BB or AMZ was offering the same deal we all know this thread would be on page 100+ & I`d prefer BB credit to kmart any day but it`s kmarts deal. I say make the best of it if it works for your wallet.

Agreed, I`m an 80's baby and my local kmart looks the exact same way 34 yrs later
All the stores are kind of like that but I like the ones that are still nearly identical down to the layout. Those are a fun and slightly weird nostalgia trip, wish they weren't on the other side of town.

All the stores are kind of like that but I like the ones that are still nearly identical down to the layout. Those are a fun and slightly weird nostalgia trip, wish they weren't on the other side of town.
The insane part is they bought Sears & not the other way around.

Stores like Caldor & Woolsworth died but kmart "strived" thru all these yrs. Surprising Target/Walmart haven`t put one in their neck like Brat Pitt did to Eric Bana in Troy.

I seriously hate going into K-mart. They hardly ever had anything I need. hell they hardly ever even get new games in on release day.

Does anyone know if you can price match at kmart? I want to get mario party island tour and I have $20 in reward points and would like them to price match amazon at $30 so I would pay ten for the game. Or if I could somehow trade my points out for a gift card that would work too.

Does anyone know if you can price match at kmart? I want to get mario party island tour and I have $20 in reward points and would like them to price match amazon at $30 so I would pay ten for the game. Or if I could somehow trade my points out for a gift card that would work too.
Kmart doesn't price match.

However sears does, and you can use the Kmart Gift Cards at Sears... but then again Sears, or at least most stores, don't carry games or hardware anymore (at least new games)

It even feels like some of the merchandise is 34 years old too. O:)

I should have taken a picture of some of the CD boomboxes and clock radios one of the stores I went to yesterday had out prominently displayed in electronics. In all seriousness, they *had* to be like 10 years old.

The Op for this is incredibly hard to understand.
It took awhile. The deal isn't really THAT complicated.

It's just that the OP started off in the middle of a conversation, like we were already supposed to understand what the hell he was talking about with the "double dipping" on gift cards. It makes more sense if continue and read that thread he linked, for some of the questions asked/answered. Also you had to be aware of Sears Your Way rewards program. Which I realize not alot of people might bother with or be aware of at this point now that KMARTGAMER has been long gone for a few years.

Basically if you are a SYWR member, for every $25 gift card you buy, you get a $5 additional gift card. In addition, for the first 2 gift cards, you will get an additional $2 in credit to your Sears Your Way rewards account.

There are also some "Rewards Points" credits available this week. For example, with that PS3 you get a $30 credit into your Sears Rewards account. This is where the double dipping comes in. You want to use the gift cards, to pay for the item that has a promo credit.

To "double dip" the deal.

+Buy 10 gift cards for $250. Get $50 in "promo" gift cards. Get $4 SWYR credit for the first 2 gift cards.

+Buy PS3 with $250 gift cards. Get $30 credit for the PS3.

$50+30+4=$84

So you still have to front $250, but you get $84 in credit for a blue PS3.

Even if you are not getting a double dip item (i.e. if your store has a PS4 in stock), the gift card promo is pretty good on it's own to get a PS4.

bread's done
Back