4/13-4/19 $104 credit w/XB1, $84 w/PS3 or PS4, $24 w/Yoshi's Island, Mario Party or Pokemon X/Y, $74 3DSXL, $34 Wii Mini, $20 MK8 P/O @ Kmart

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
In store only to get the maximum credit values with double dip

MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE DIP THE POINTS OFFER BY BUYING KMART GIFTCARDS 1ST THEN USING
THEM TO PAY FOR THE ITEMS
Also, factor in how much tax you're gonna pay since the extra card(s) could be another $5-$20 in credit.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329422-46-419-in-store-only-get-a-5-kmart-award-card-2sywr-when-you-buy-a-25-kmart-giftcard-itunes-xbox-or-regal-card-kmart/page-2#entry11686196

Just off the gift card double dip
$104 credit on a XB1 not including tax which could add another $10 with an 8% tax rate
$84 credit on a PS4
$64 on a $300 WiiU $54 on a $250 WiiU
$45 on a PS Vita

All credits are SYWR points 1,000 pts = $1

You get $2 extra credit on the 1st two $25 Kmart gift cards & you must get the Kmart Gift cards in $25 increments 1 or 2 $25 gift cards per transaction.

Buy $250 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the PS3
$30 credit on the PS3 w/o doing the double dip
$84 credit w/$250 Blue PS3 & get a free($20 MSRP) Alphaline Bluetooth Headset

Buy $200 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the 3DS XL
$30 credit w/any 3DS XL w/o double dip
$74 credit w/Any 3DS XL

$20 credit w/Mario Kart 8 pre-order

Buy $100 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the Wii Mini
$10 credit w/o double dip
$34 credit w/Wii Mini Mario Kart Bundle

Buy $75 in Kmart Gift cards then use them to pay for the starter pack
$10 credit w/o double dip
$29 credit w/Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack PS3/360/Wii U

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off Skylanders priced $10-$15
Or
Selected value DS/Wii games $15-$20 DS Wall E, Lego Battles, Lego LOTR, Battle Ninjago, Touchmaster,
Ratatouille & Wii Lego Batman

Buy $50 in Kmart Gift cards and use it to pay for any of the 3DS games
Buy $175 in Kmart Gift cards use them to pay for all 4 games for $160 + $79 credit
$10 credit per title w/o double dip
$24 w/select 3DS games-Yoshi`s Island, Mario Party, Pokemon X or Y

Buy $50 in Kmart Gift cards and use them to pay for the DS3, Kill zone or Knack
Buy $125 in Kmart Giftcards & buy all 3 for $120+ tax w/$29 credit

$14 credit w/any 1 of the 3
$0.00 credit w/o double dip
$40 DualShock 3
$40 Knack
$40 Killzone Shadow Fall

$10 off select 360/PS3/Wii/WiiU/XB1 games-Just Dance 14, Just Dance Kids, Fifa 14, COD Ghosts & Batman Arkham Origins

Buy $175 in Kmart Gift cards
$20 credit w/o double dip
$59 credit w/$160 7in Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite

$10-$13 16GB PNY Micro SD or thumb Drive

Last edited by a moderator:
It took awhile. The deal isn't really THAT complicated.

It's just that the OP started off in the middle of a conversation, like we were already supposed to understand what the hell he was talking about with the "double dipping" on gift cards. It makes more sense if continue and read that thread he linked, for some of the questions asked/answered. Also you had to be aware of Sears Your Way rewards program. Which I realize not alot of people might bother with or be aware of at this point now that KMARTGAMER has been long gone for a few years.

Basically if you are a SYWR member, for every $25 gift card you buy, you get a $5 additional gift card. In addition, for the first 2 gift cards, you will get an additional $2 in credit to your Sears Your Way rewards account.

There are also some "Rewards Points" credits available this week. For example, with that PS3 you get a $30 credit into your Sears Rewards account. This is where the double dipping comes in. You want to use the gift cards, to pay for the item that has a promo credit.

To "double dip" the deal.

+Buy 10 gift cards for $250. Get $50 in "promo" gift cards. Get $4 SWYR credit for the first 2 gift cards.

+Buy PS3 with $250 gift cards. Get $30 credit for the PS3.

$50+30+4=$84

So you still have to front $250, but you get $84 in credit for a blue PS3.

Even if you are not getting a double dip item (i.e. if your store has a PS4 in stock), the gift card promo is pretty good on it's own to get a PS4.
You're still stuck with $250 worth of gift card, bonus points or otherwise. Returning the PS3 or whatever item you bought with the gift cards, you're still stuck with KMart gift card money.

Kmart may lock down a SYWR account for being used too often or in a suspicious way so be aware of that when doing multiple transactions buying the gift cards.

Good deal for people that go to KMart. My problem is I would never be able to spend all the left over gift card money.

I also should add I don't fully understand the OP. A bit confusing for someone that doesn't go to KMart.

All of the people here complaining about not being able to find anything at Kmart to spend giftcards on seem a bit prideful.

Surely you can find some basic necessities, soap, laundry detergent, snacks, etc that you would spend money out of pocket on anyways.

Not to mention cheap or clearance games at Kmart, extra controller or something.

Kmart may lock down a SYWR account for being used too often or in a suspicious way so be aware of that when doing multiple transactions buying the gift cards.
This is true but it's not random. If you make more then 10 transactions on any SYWR account in either a day or 24 hour period (not sure which) then your account will get locked (not sure if it is a 100% absolute or just very good chance).

This happened to me before and it was easy to get it unlocked but like anything it does draw attention to yourself which could be bad if you're being shady. I was told the reason they do this is to make sure employees aren't creating dummy SYWR accounts and using them to accrue points for themselves when customers don't have their own SYWR accounts

You're still stuck with $250 worth of gift card, bonus points or otherwise. Returning the PS3 or whatever item you bought with the gift cards, you're still stuck with KMart gift card money.
You wouldn't return the item though... there is no benefit in doing that. You'd lose the points you earned on that purchase immediately and if you had already spent the points you'd have a negative balance in your SYWR account.

I always keep a couple hundred in Sears/Kmart credit when they do these promotions because believe it or not Sears has been the cheapest place in my area for tires (when they hit clearance) the last two times I"ve needed them and they always have stuff on clearance that I use for the outdoors (Tents, air mattresses, drills, etc.)

However I'll admit the deal is much better for me for a couple of reasons:

1) In Maine gift cards never expire---it's illegal

2) I almost always am given merchandise credit cards instead of the promo cards so I can use them immediately

3) Cashiers at my store will basically do whatever I tell them to so I can do 5-8 transactions for the Gift Cards a visit which saves me running around

I don't get how you get 84 for buying a PS4. I see that you get 20k points for the purchase but where does the rest come from?
There`s no bonus point offer on the PS4
It cost $400 so you need 16 $25 kmart giftcards 16 x $25= $400
You get $5 per $25 so 16 x 5 = $80
You also get an extra $2 per $25 giftcard but only on the 1st 2 giftcards 2 x $2= $4
$80+ $4= $84

Assuming you`re paying tax buy 1 or 2 more $25 giftcards to cover tax adding another $5-$10 to the $84 and the final result should be over $100 credit for a PS4.

The blue PS3 comes with $30 credit this week so that gets added to the amount you get from 10 $25 giftcards.

^ Also keep in mind that you may have coupons in your SYWR acount that you could use on a purchase. I have two SYWR accounts I regularly use and one gets coupons at the register when I buy gift cards the other does not but I've gotten some gems like "15% back in points" coupons that work with video game hardware.

^ Also keep in mind that you may have coupons in your SYWR acount that you could use on a purchase. I have two SYWR accounts I regularly use and one gets coupons at the register when I buy gift cards the other does not but I've gotten some gems like "15% back in points" coupons that work with video game hardware.
Oh, I reseached it further after you intially broke down how good the deal could be double dipping but people are struggling with the math. I`m happy with the items & $400 credit. Already decided to flip the kmart credit to walmart credit that way I can turn into pure spendable cash anywhere.

I`ve posted the kmart weekly ads before so if this deal comes around again I`ll max it better next time.

Uhhh. Why the hell would I return the PS3? Obviously my entire purpose of committing to a large number of gift cards, is to use those gift cards on the PS3. I wouldn't be stocking up with so many just to be "stuck" with them.

I'm buying the PS3 for a reason (because my standalone blu-ray player just died, and my existing PS3 is also on it's last legs... and hell I've always just wanted that blu PS3). Since money is 100% fungible it basically is like getting a $160 PS3, and since I've had my eye on the blue model this is a sweet enough deal for me to be all over it.

Like someone else said, even if KMART sucks ass in it's electronic or games department... there are still the occasional points offers. Worse case scenario I will just use it to buy laundry detergent, shampoo, soap, household items... or whatever necessities I normally need to buy anyway. $60 or $80 is not too much to be "stuck" with. It will be very easy for me to use efficiently.

Also of note, 

I did my last run of gift cards today (to bring me up to 10 needed for PS3) - and I saw 4 PS4's in my KMART that were just put out either yesterday or this morning!!! So check your KMART's they might have gotten fresh stock to use this offer on. 

It's mighty tempting to load up on more cards to just get the PS4. But I think I will have to just stick with the PS3 since I have such huge backlog, and hold out for a "special edition" bundle to hit the U.S for the PS4. I told myself I was going to wait for the first really sweet bundle to make my move (ala last gens gunsmoke MGSIV PS3).  Gotta have discipline.  :whistle2:k

Oh, I reseached it further after you intially broke down how good the deal could be double dipping but people are struggling with the math. I`m happy with the items & $400 credit. Already decided to flip the kmart credit to walmart credit that way I can turn into pure spendable cash anywhere.

I`ve posted the kmart weekly ads before so if this deal comes around again I`ll max it better next time.
How do you flip credit from KMART to Wal-Mart (or Amazon)?

Kmart sells an assortment of gift cards, but i can't imagine they have Wal-Mart cards?

I know it's been easy to switch Best Buy rewards credits to Amazon (using Kindle cards). I didn't know there was a good way with KMART...

Kmart sells an assortment of gift cards, but i can't imagine they have Wal-Mart cards?

I know it's been easy to switch Best Buy rewards credits to Amazon (using Kindle cards). I didn't know there was a good way with KMART...
I`ve seen BB giftcards @ kmart before & clothing retailers like Gap/Aero but not walmart. I`m not sure if kmarts system alls them to be purchased using kmart credit but I didn`t even bother. I have relatives that shop kmart/walmart all the time b/c they`re close & they have no car so I just told them to give me a $650 walmart giftcard for the $400+ in kmart credit along with access to my SYWR accounts & the 7 in tablet I got. They`ll be shopping in kmart like rockstars lol

And I`ll have enough walmart credit with their $650 to get 2 $500 walmart pre-paid visas with only $10 in fees on the back end.

What I really need is BB to come thru with another 5x rz point booster promo summers quickly approaching along with E3 & I`d like to add another $400-$600 in no remorse play money. That`s the type of deal that puts this one to shame since you can get a system for free or half price so simply.

Kmart does sell Amazon cards but you cant buy them with Kmart gift cards.

Ended up finally getting that PS3 today with all the gift cards I'd purchased through the week. On top of the $30 credit, for unknown reasons I got an extra $10 credit, and another $5 "wholesale credit" showing on my receipt. With the base points, that's $47.50.

On top of the promo gift cards, that's approaching $100 back on the PS3. Not bad at all. 

Typical KMART shopping experience though. Took like 30 minutes to find someone that had a key to open the games case. A manager had to get me. You may ask: "what about the guy that was supposed to be there and never responded?"... apparantly he was sweeping the store (broom and dustpan).   :wall:

Ended up finally getting that PS3 today with all the gift cards I'd purchased through the week. On top of the $30 credit, for unknown reasons I got an extra $10 credit, and another $5 "wholesale credit" showing on my receipt. With the base points, that's $47.50.

On top of the promo gift cards, that's approaching $100 back on the PS3. Not bad at all.

Typical KMART shopping experience though. Took like 30 minutes to find someone that had a key to open the games case. A manager had to get me. You may ask: "what about the guy that was supposed to be there and never responded?"... apparantly he was sweeping the store (broom and dustpan). :wall:
Yeah that is a typical experience. There is one girl who works at my Kmart who is on the ball and is very helpful. It's a crapshoot other then that but I can't blame the employees. I went in at 7PM one night (the store is open until 10PM) and couldn't find anyone in electronics. After waiting about 10 minutes I went to customer service (other side of store) to ask where the employee was that was covering electronics and apparently the management had him outside gathering shopping carts and emptying trash bins. I mean they only keep like 6 employees on after 5PM.

Can anyone please explain to me how the 3DS XL ends up as $74?

I understand you have to buy eight $25 giftcards, and you get a free $5/card and an extra $4. Where does the rest of the savings come from?

Can anyone please explain to me how the 3DS XL ends up as $74?

I understand you have to buy eight $25 giftcards, and you get a free $5/card and an extra $4. Where does the rest of the savings come from?
I think you get $30 back in points just for buying the 3ds.

Well that worked out, just got extremely lucky and paid $5.30 for a $25 XBL card while also getting a $5 GC.  Was paying and the cashier hit the cash tender button after she had only scanned $5.30 of the gift cards I was using to pay.  The manager was like "oh well, we can't void the cards so there's nothing we can do."  She handed me the XBL card and receipt, told me to keep the $5 GC and have a good night.

bread's done
Back