$4.99 Best Buy Games IN-STORE!!!

Meursault

CAG Veteran
I hadn't even seen the topics on CAG about the online prices. I just happened to walk into a Best Buy on the way home from work (night shift).

Anyway, there are way more $4.99 games (and under) that have not been mentioned in the other threads on this page, and I really doubt the prices are YMMV. I think it's good for all stores if your store has them.

In fact, I actually browsed through an entire list of all of the $4.99 and under games. There were probably around 50 of them.

This is what I picked up:

Megaman Network Transmission (GC) = $4.99
Wario World (GC) = $4.99
NCAA Football 2004 (GC) = $4.99
Phantasy Star Online I & II (XBOX) = $4.99
Voodoo Vince ($4.99)

This is what I had in my hand but in the end decided not to get:

Bionicle (XBOX) = $4.99
Big Mutha Truckers (XBOX) = $4.99
Evil Dead: Fistful Of Boomstick (XBOX) = $4.99
The Italian Job (XBOX) = $4.99

There were a load of the other games available, many for the PS2 (which I don't have), so I was less interested in what those games were, but there must have been at least 25 titles or so.

From what I remember, Dark Cloud, Primal (?), NCAA Football 2004, DMC 2, etc.

Also, there were a ton of GBA games for cheap. Boktai was $9.99, for example. Again, I don't have a GBA, so I wasn't really paying rapt attention.

Also, some PS2 and PSX games were 99 cents. Don't remember what they were unfortunately.

Shrek 2 Preview Disc (?) was 1 cent.

Sorry I couldn't pilfer the list, but it was left out on a table (I think by accident), and I got some suspicious looks from some employess when I was leafing through it.

My memory's pretty good though, in general...

I'll try and answer any questions if there are any!

Very nice if this is true Phantasy Star Online I & II , Voodoo Vince (second copy) and Evil Dead: Fistful Of Boomstick are mine.

...its amzing how much money this website costs me...yet there's not a subscription fee...weird (DAMN YOU CHEAP GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anybody confirm this? BB near me opens in an few minutes i think.

Were these prices marked on the shelf, or did they just scan that price?

I just checked one of my BBs (Maplewood, MN) and they had none of these deals. I browsed for $4.99 games and only found Haven. Will check Woodbury, MN on my way home today. They have a better selection anyway.

Just checked my own Bust Buy (Muncie, IN) and they are very much in on this deal. I got Wario World and Mega Man for $5 each for GC. They also had Disney Skateboarding and some Jimmy Neutron game for GC and a couple no-name games for Xbox.

I don't have a PS2 so I didn't really look at their selection, but an employee was making a center-aisle display with 15-20 different titles which he said were all $5. I kinda wish I did have a PS2 now ;)

would someone be able to pick me up Megaman Network Transmission for GC?

I'm happy to pick up something else or pay via Paypal for it + shipping.

Man, I REALLY wish I could get Wario World for that awesome price but neither of my local BBs have it in stock or at that price. Anyone wanna pick up a copy and ship it to me? I'll give someone $10 via paypal if they want to.

[quote name='russtophiles']Man, I REALLY wish I could get Wario World for that awesome price but neither of my local BBs have it in stock or at that price. Anyone wanna pick up a copy and ship it to me? I'll give someone $10 via paypal if they want to.[/quote]

i'm going to be checking this out today and if i get more than one copy of it, one is your's.

[quote name='waxHead']would someone be able to pick me up Megaman Network Transmission for GC?

I'm happy to pick up something else or pay via Paypal for it + shipping.[/quote]

if i can get more than one of these, i'll ship you one.

I saw for Xbox:

Gemma Onimusha
Indiana Jones
Evil Dead
Red Faction
and Great Escape

For Cube:
Lost Kingdoms 2
MHL Hitz Pro

PS2:
Indiana Jones and crap

These deals are good in-store. There are a TON of titles for $4.99 I just picked up the following for $4.99

Freedom Fighters (PS2 + GC)
MVP Baseball 2003 (PS2)
Monster Rancher 4 (PS2)
.Hack Part 1 (PS2)
NHL HITZ PRO (GC)
Dead To Rights (GC)
Enter The Matrix (GC)
Wario Ware (GBA)

I also saw but didn't pick up:
PS1
101 Dalmations $0.99
Tenchu 2
Resident Evil Director's Cut
PS2
Wolverine's Revenge
Batman Rise Of Sin Tzu
Dynasty Tactics 2
Hulk

I really wanted Silent Hill 2 but no luck there. There are probably more titles I am forgetting. It is definitely worth a trip though.

[quote name='ikill2game'][quote name='waxHead']would someone be able to pick me up Megaman Network Transmission for GC?

I'm happy to pick up something else or pay via Paypal for it + shipping.[/quote]

if i can get more than one of these, i'll ship you one.[/quote]

cool, thanks!

let me know if there's anything you're lookin for, I'll see what titles are available at my BB later today.

if someone could pick up Freedom Fighters GC + The Hulk GC at the 4.99 price for me, i'll pay you for it

thanks

[quote name='ikill2game']i'm going to be checking this out today and if i get more than one copy of it, one is your's.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks! I've been a bit miffed since I missed out on the last Wario World deal.

I hope my local Best Buy(s) have these deals. Last time a clearance list was posted, I couldn't find any of the good stuff. The one in West Nyack, NY had only 3 or 4 crappy titles and the one in Paramus, NJ had no clearance titles whatsoever. Anyone who has been to those two stores recently see any of these games (namely FF Origins)?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']if someone can find a copy of wario world and nhl hitz, I'd pay $12 shipped for them.[/quote]

if no one will trade for it I will sell you my copy(for less than that, maybe a buck over cost+ shipping)

I am talking about NHL Hitz. If I see an extra copy of Wario World when I go to the other BB I will pick up one for you

BB never has anything out on the floor. I have asked about games and they say they have it but it is in the back. Then they just stare at me, and I am forced to say, "Can I have one?" like an ass. You would think they would put them out so people can buy them. I know one guy that works there now so I try to get his help. I am going tonight but they never have anything in sight.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='-Never4ever-']if someone can find a copy of wario world and nhl hitz, I'd pay $12 shipped for them.[/quote]

if no one will trade for it I will sell you my copy(for less than that, maybe a buck over cost+ shipping)

I am talking about NHL Hitz. If I see an extra copy of Wario World when I go to the other BB I will pick up one for you[/quote]

it sounds like he wants BOTH of them for $12 shipped, hehe

O just went to my Best Buy (Paramus NJ) all the good stuff was already gone. I am sure we will see 200 Wario Worlds on ebay tonight.

I managed to find

XBOX Shenmue2
XBOX Superman
GBA Hamtaro
PSX King of Fighters 99

4.99 each

No Wario World or Wario Ware :whistle2:(

I'm not getting there any earlier than 5:45. That blows. I still haven't bought Voodoo Vince... at $4.99, I got no excuses

I just got back from my local BB (Gainesville, FLA) I picked up:

Xbox:

Legends Of Wrestling II
WWF Raw
Aggressive Inline
Blinx
Motor Trend Presents: Lotus Challenge
Freedom Fighters

(also 4.99 games that I didn't buy/ out of stock):
Rogue Ops
Terminator 3
Amped
Disney Skating game
ESPN Football (2k4) :shock:

not amazing games, but I was happy grabbing the last freedom fighters.
I guess the games vary on location. Awesome deal though.

Anyone know how long this deal will last? I'm going out of town for a while and just wondering if I will be able to get those same deal when I return home.

[quote name='mookiemeister']Anyone know how long this deal will last? I'm going out of town for a while and just wondering if I will be able to get those same deal when I return home.[/quote]

don't get your hopes up for the better games. I guess asking for other nice CAGers and compensating :)

Aboslutely nothing at the Fields Ertel, Ohio store. I couldn't find a single game on the list, maybe someone cleared it out earlier, or they were just gone before that.

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='-Never4ever-']if someone can find a copy of wario world and nhl hitz, I'd pay $12 shipped for them.[/quote]

I am talking about NHL Hitz. If I see an extra copy of Wario World when I go to the other BB I will pick up one for you[/quote]

it sounds like he wants BOTH of them for $12 shipped, hehe[/quote]

thats why I said cost plus shipping. 12 shipped means someone would take a loss of about 2 dollars.

they have the prices right there on little white cards , in my case the card was there , but no games were there. Someone grabbed them all

There's nothing going on at the BB in San Francisco. It would've been nice to get a copy of Megaman NT and Wario World.

Well, I just got back from my local Best Buy and there is now a very large bag full of video games in my passenger seat. Here's what I saw (all games are $4.99 unless noted):

PS2:
Black & Bruised
Blowout (99 cents!)
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Freedom Fighters
Guilty Gear X-2
Hidden Invasion
Mobile Light Force
Monster Jam
NBA Jam 2004
Pac-Man Fever
PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage
Road Kill
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
Shox
Whiplash

Xbox:
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick
Jet Set Radio Future
Metal Arms

GCN:
Mary Kate & Ashley: Sweet Sixteen
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy
Wario World

There were probably more that I am forgetting too. I'll edit if I think of more.

[quote name='jakemrjr']Aboslutely nothing at the Fields Ertel, Ohio store. I couldn't find a single game on the list, maybe someone cleared it out earlier, or they were just gone before that.[/quote]

Sorry, jakemrjr. I must have got there right before you. I did leave the Mary Kate & Ashley's and a few of the other titles though and I only bought 2 of one title (Guilty Gear X-2).

bread's done
Back