$4.99 Best Buy Games IN-STORE!!!

Meursault

CAG Veteran
I hadn't even seen the topics on CAG about the online prices. I just happened to walk into a Best Buy on the way home from work (night shift).

Anyway, there are way more $4.99 games (and under) that have not been mentioned in the other threads on this page, and I really doubt the prices are YMMV. I think it's good for all stores if your store has them.

In fact, I actually browsed through an entire list of all of the $4.99 and under games. There were probably around 50 of them.

This is what I picked up:

Megaman Network Transmission (GC) = $4.99
Wario World (GC) = $4.99
NCAA Football 2004 (GC) = $4.99
Phantasy Star Online I & II (XBOX) = $4.99
Voodoo Vince ($4.99)

This is what I had in my hand but in the end decided not to get:

Bionicle (XBOX) = $4.99
Big Mutha Truckers (XBOX) = $4.99
Evil Dead: Fistful Of Boomstick (XBOX) = $4.99
The Italian Job (XBOX) = $4.99

There were a load of the other games available, many for the PS2 (which I don't have), so I was less interested in what those games were, but there must have been at least 25 titles or so.

From what I remember, Dark Cloud, Primal (?), NCAA Football 2004, DMC 2, etc.

Also, there were a ton of GBA games for cheap. Boktai was $9.99, for example. Again, I don't have a GBA, so I wasn't really paying rapt attention.

Also, some PS2 and PSX games were 99 cents. Don't remember what they were unfortunately.

Shrek 2 Preview Disc (?) was 1 cent.

Sorry I couldn't pilfer the list, but it was left out on a table (I think by accident), and I got some suspicious looks from some employess when I was leafing through it.

My memory's pretty good though, in general...

I'll try and answer any questions if there are any!

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Medium, the memory card that comes in Lost Kingdoms II is an official Nintendo 59 block card, just to let you know.[/quote]

DOH.

you guys are forgetting to mention....
barbie horse adventures wild horse rescue
i picked that up just for shits and giggles

i also got a copy of aggressive online xbox, lethal skies ps2, and 4 copies of freedom fighters for ps2....if anyone wants to trade me something for ps2 freedom fighters, let me know

i am lookin for
megaman network transmission
phantasy star i & ii
wario world
rlh
guilty gear x2
unlimited saga
jimmy neutron

[quote name='Pinnacle']I will give someone my 5 dollar Best Buy gift card for a copy of Wario World.[/quote]

and they shall pay the taxes, gas money, and s & h for you out of the kindness of their heart?

[quote name='CouRageouS']No 4.99 deals or anything special at Emeryville, CA Best Buy. I picked up Legaia 2 for $9.99 and a couple GGC cause I didn't wanna leave empty handed though. Gonna check Union City CA Best Buy tomorrow and have a friend check out the one near Concord.[/quote]
Thanks for letting me know, I was about to head over there.

I got voodoo vince & Apex at my local BB. They had T3 and a few others but I don't need a stack a of C- games. Plus I want some other folks to have the joy of buying a 5 dollar game. I wish they had golden sun, or metal arms.

Yeah, they never have these deals in the Austin TX stores when I check. But I'll be going later, so I'll let people know. Of course, if anyone has already gone and knows if they can save me a trip, let me know.

This is freakin CRAZY!!!

Got Wakeboarding Unleashed for the XBOX, rang up $4.99. Good thing, I've been wanting this one for some time.

My advice - pick up every older game you can find and have them pricecheck each of them. They did for me, and Wiplash XB, Secret Weapons Over Normandy XB, Colin McRae 04 XB all rang up regular price.

Jeremy

Ok, apparently this isn't storewide, or even city-wide (if that wasn't assumable already). Two of the Best Buys in Chicago have nothing, while the third has almost everything. They told me it varies store to store. So, feel free to try all of them around you, but don't be shocked if nothing is marked down.

Im looking to trade a MegaMan Netowrk Transmission (GC) for any of the following:

Metal Arms (Xbox)
Indiana Jones (Xbox)
Otogi (Xbox) I'll add $5 for Otogi since it is more expensive

While not $4.99, they had Alien Vs. Predator: Extinction for 9.99.

I also picked up

Robotech PS2
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu PS2
Goblin Commander XBox
Freedom Fighters PS2

At the Austin TX store up near the arboretum, there was not much but this is what I found:

Godziilla destroy all monsters (GC) (i got the last copy)
Freedom Fighters (GC)
Summoner 2 (PS2)

Beyond that it was mostly wrestling games for 4.99. There were still some copies of Summoner 2, but Freedom Fighters looked near extinction.

at the puyallup best buy i didnt see any xbox games for $4.99 and there were only a couple games for the other systems. it was a real let down.

I picked these up:

$9.99
Legaia 2: Duel Saga

$4.99
NCAA Football 2004 (GC)
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Broomstick
Test Drive Off-Road: Wide Open

$0.99
Tom Cancy's Rainbow Six 3 Demo Disc

$0.01
2 Mario Tennis e-cards

I may end up returning some of these. I just bought some crappy games.

[quote name='ryan838']at the puyallup best buy i didnt see any xbox games for $4.99 and there were only a couple games for the other systems. it was a real let down.[/quote]

yea, i kinda felt depressed when i didn't see squat at the fullerton best buy. they had a lot of empty shelves, which leads me to believe that somebody cleared all those games out :(

It seems like the employee's from the Rt17N Best Buy in Paramus by the fashion center cleaned out the $5 games. Forgot to add that this Best Buy had 4 Wario Wares for GC. :eek:

The Best Buy in GSP Paramus also seems to be cleaned out, but this time by a greedy CAGer!!! :evil: Lots and lots of empty spaces on the shelves. Bastardo!!! You could of at least left something other than fifty billion Goblin commanders!!! :evil:

-Morpheus

Novi Best buy - nothing, although they got more GGC in
Southfeild (telegraph)- 1 copy of Wario World (mine), nothing else
Pontiac - They have copies of The Thing (xbox) left, lots'o copies of Half-Life for PS2 (4.99), killzone (xbox) and then i picked up the last copies of Godzilla and Lost vikings

[quote name='Wshakspear']Novi Best buy - nothing, although they got more GGC in
Southfeild (telegraph)- 1 copy of Wario World (mine), nothing else
Pontiac - They have copies of The Thing (xbox) left, lots'o copies of Half-Life for PS2 (4.99), killzone (xbox) and then i picked up the last copies of Godzilla and Lost vikings[/quote]

I think you mean kill.switch :p

The Best Buy at Los Feliz has been cleared out, and the one in Burbank had no idea about what happened it seemed. Both these locations are in Southern California. What a waste of time. I did end up getting a rain check for Maro vs. Donkey Kong. It's worth is 18% the "same product" if I decide to "choose a substitute."

Mesquite Texas store had nothing
Denton Texas store had nothing
Dallas Texas store has nothing
Mckinney texas store had nothing
Addison texas store had nothing
Plano texas store had Hulk, Voodoo Vince, and Auto Modellista that was it.

I got Dynasty Tactics 2 (ps2) and Capcom v. SNK 2 EO (xbox).

Pisses me off. I was in there like a week ago and they had about half of that list, now I only managed to find two. The shelf space for all those titles disapeared so I'm assuming the employees cleaned up.

starman98 - when did you go to mckinney, TX BB cuz around 4:30 I picked up the last copies of wario ware and wario world, and also picked up 2 copies of metal arms but there were like 3 or 4 left.

All those who mentioned the Paramus Best Buys- by any chance, did you go to the one in West Nyack, NY? I remember last year they had a lot of clearance titles, but since right before Christmas, all of their cheap deals seem to have disappeared. If you guys don't know, I am planning to call them tomorrow and see if they have anything on clearance. If they do, I'm gonna drive up there and I'll report on what's going on.

I am looking for the following all for gamecube non player's choice:

Bionicle
NHL 2003
NCAA Football 2004 - FOUND
Haunted Mansion - FOUND
Backyard Baseball
Disney’s Extreme Skateboarding - FOUND
Lost Kingdoms II
Crash Bandicoot and the Wrath of Cortex
ATV Quad Power Racing 2 - FOUND
Big Mother Truckers - FOUND
Jimmy Neutron

I have the following for trade if you want or I can pay you:

The Hobbit (GBA)
Freedom Fighters (PS2)
Rogue Ops (GCN)
Drome Racers (GCN)
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (GCN)
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen: Sweet 16 x2 (GCN)

Moreno Valley, CA : 3 Mega Man Transmission left, 2 Final Fantasy Origins left, 1 Devil May Cry 2 left, 3 Golden Sun: The Lost AGe left, 2 XRGA left, and 2 Wario World left.
This was at 6:30 PM.

Wshakspear, I visited the Telegraph Best Buy earlier today. I saw three copies of Wario World and went to grab them but I had this feeling in my stomach that I should leave one. So I bought two and left the one that you wound up getting. Kooky stuff...

even though i only own gc, i checked for all 3 systems. didnt find a single thing on sale for 5 bucks except freedom fighters (ps2) and everquest online adventures(ps2).

The BB in Lansing, IL had squat. I did manage to pick up Otogi for $9.99 though. I have the day off tomorrow due to a babysitting snafu, so I'll be checking a store in NW Indiana. Wish me luck.

Why is BB marking some of these great games so low? Older games I understand, but ESPN 2K4?

Has BB gone loco? This is a great deal!

I REALLY want:

Wario World
I-Ninja
Mega Man: Network Transmission
Freedom Fighters

Too bad I didn't see ANY of those there... :cry:

What system, and how much will you be charging? If you aren't going to charge the same price as Best Buy, I may as well just get it for 20. ;)

I'll take it for free, though. :D :p

Daytona Beach had Beyblade and Dave Mirra for Cube, I bought the last copies of Backyard Hockey GBA and Indiana Jones PS2. Pissed that they had so little. Looking for Wario World, Otogi, PSO XB, and Madden 04 GBA.

I thought the Best Buy near me was doing some random markdowns, but it looks like it was happening everywhere else. I found some incredible deals today. I pucked up Metal Arms for the Xbox and Godzilla Destroy All Mosters Melee for $4.99 each, and it was the last copy of both games! I almost crapped my pants when I found Metal Arms for $4.99, and it's funny, because the week before I considered buying the game when it was $19.99. Good thing I passed then.

Some other markdowns I noticed included:
Pro Race Driver (PS2) $9.99
F1 2002 (GC) $9.99
Test Drive (XB) $4.99
Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes (GC) $32.99

on top of that, the two games I bought:
Metal Arms (XB) $4.99
Godzilla DAMM (GC) $4.99

Oh, and one more good buy:
Logitech Speed Force Wheel (GC) $19.99. It was this price online for quite some time, but the store near me finally got about 8 of them in. It's a high-quality wheel (and official), and for those who have a few games that use the wheel, pick it up.

This could by YMMV, as selection probably varies from store to store. Oh, and here's a tip: look in between games. That's how I found Metal Arms, it was burried in between a few games.

If anyone can get me a NHL HItz Pro for GC, Wario World, and/or Warioware, I'll gladly work something out with you either cash or trade. Please PM me if you have this. Thanks.

I got an extra copy of Goblin Comander for XB. I'll trade for Guilty Gear X2 (PS2), Hulk (Xbox), Wario World (GCN), Freedom Fighters (Xbox), or something eles that you may want to offer.

(BTW I prefer to trade than sell it)

PM me if interested.

Can anyone see EB and Gamestop not accepting these titles for trade in(or $3 trade in credit), in the near future? I have i bad feeling about this....

bread's done
Back