4 million Wii consoles sold worldwide! The craze continues!

[quote name='botticus']Well, I saw my second Wii since launch day. But it was unpurchasable.

Someone traded it in (one of those "I need cash NOW" deals) with a few games. But the current used price of a Wii is $9999.99. They currently have to send all Wii and PS3 trade-ins back to corporate.[/QUOTE]

Is this EB/GS or GR? I can't imagine trading in one of these things so soon (either Wii or PS3), *especially* if you need cash (as you take a hit for that). Of course, it could have been stolen ;).

I mean, you could probably get more than retail for a used Wii on eBay right now. But then, as you say, if it is an "I need cash NOW" deal then eBay is probably not the way to go for a variety of reasons (though if you know what you are doing and are set up for it you could get the cash within a day that way).

[quote name='io']Is this EB/GS or GR? I can't imagine trading in one of these things so soon (either Wii or PS3), *especially* if you need cash (as you take a hit for that). Of course, it could have been stolen ;).

I mean, you could probably get more than retail for a used Wii on eBay right now. But then, as you say, if it is an "I need cash NOW" deal then eBay is probably not the way to go for a variety of reasons (though if you know what you are doing and are set up for it you could get the cash within a day that way).[/quote]It was at EB. I doubt GR has any sort of "we can't sell these right away, gotta send them back to "HQ." I think the idea there is that even with a PayPal BIN that ends in a day, it takes a couple days to transfer money to your bank account, so that can be a considerable delay if someone needs to pay the electric bill or something. Or it could be stolen. It was still boxed, but that doesn't mean a whole lot since it could have been bought last week.

[quote name='botticus']It was at EB. I doubt GR has any sort of "we can't sell these right away, gotta send them back to "HQ."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Of course, you are right. What was I thinking? At GR, they probably just wouldn't have known what to do with it as it probably isn't is the system as a tradeable item. Plus they'd only get credit there.

But man, it almost pains me to think of what they got in cash for it at EB. Let's be generous (for EB/GS) and figure they give $200 for a Wii trade-in. Then chop off 20% for a cash trade, so the person probably got $160 for it. Considering the ebay potential (and probably the potential of any number of people off the street who'd be willing to pay $250, anyway) that almost hurts to think about ;).

[quote name='botticus']I think he said they got $240 or something, but they traded in some 3 games (I think Cars, Zelda, and something else).[/quote]I was originally thinking well he probably traded it in because he got it and well he didn't enjoy it, but he traded in Cars so he probably had a kid or something, strange. Did he take cash or credit?

bread's done
Back