$4 ps2 dance pad NOW WITH FREE GROUND SHIPPING

I actually like these pads pretty well. In my opinion they are better than the official konami pads that come with the game.

They have good padding under all of the arrow buttons (but not the other buttons), they light up on the sides, and are actually well built (so far they have lasted longer than the my 3 other pads, 2 being official konami). My main problem with them though is that they dont grip as well as the official konami pads, but generally its not that big of a problem.

I dont know how well they handle against the mid to higher priced pads, but i can keep up on heavy songs with them. If you are loooking for a pad to keep you playing for for very little cash, this is a great deal.

Thanks for the tip, OP! 1" padding isn't much, but for the price, it isn't bad, either. Most dirt cheap pads only boast "non-slip surfaces" without any padding at all.

Nukedude, if only the arrows are padded, how are they kept in place within the mat lining?

[edit: ah, I see. Thanks for the input, Nukedude. I wouldn't pay too much mind to Jeoff's snide comment.]

$4? That's $5 too much for a soft DDR pad right away. Then you got shipping...

I guess it'd be ok if you found it in the store for $4 but soft pads are worthless.

[quote name='Jeoff']$4? That's $5 too much for a soft DDR pad right away. Then you got shipping...

I guess it'd be ok if you found it in the store for $4 but soft pads are worthless.[/QUOTE]

They aren't standard soft pads though, they have an inch of padding. They seem like cheapass ignition pads.

Well, I've been meaning to get DDR forever, and If I spend what little money I have left in my checking account after the DDD sale on two of those pads I might finally get DDR. I'll have to sleep on it.

I think that the the foam is actually attached to the bottom of the button, its not zippered and you cant replace the foam, but they do stay in place very well. It is definitely not a bad pad for people looking to play casually, and I say that unless your looking to perfect heavy mode I think it should suit most people perfectly fine.

I dont know how you can soft pads are worthless, obviously you have to start somewhere and I know i would have never played if i had to pay $40 to get the game and then a minimum of $100 for a decent ignition/hard pad.

To be truthful, i still havent outgrown soft pads, and ive been playing for nearly 2 years now, granted I'm just getting to the point I can do heavy songs ok.

[quote name='Nukedude']I think that the the foam is actually attached to the bottom of the button, its not zippered and you cant replace the foam, but they do stay in place very well. It is definitely not a bad pad for people looking to play casually, and I say that unless your looking to perfect heavy mode I think it should suit most people perfectly fine.

I dont know how you can soft pads are worthless, obviously you have to start somewhere and I know i would have never played if i had to pay $40 to get the game and then a minimum of $100 for a decent ignition/hard pad.

To be truthful, i still havent outgrown soft pads, and ive been playing for nearly 2 years now, granted I'm just getting to the point I can do heavy songs ok.[/QUOTE]

Hell I've been playing for *counts on fingers* about 5 years now and I still don't own a pair of ignitions. Back in my day if you could do dead end on heavy, you were a GOD *shakes cane* I miss those days, I've never liked the way max steps were designed, it always seemed different from mixes previous. Always seemed harder too freestyle to.

Looks like your garden variety third party mats. They'll do just fine if you're just getting into DDR, and don't know if you'll like it enough to invest in $100 Ignitions. Once you're at the 6 foot level or so, though, you'll want to upgrade.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']bump...because they're now offering free ground service shipping for today and tomorrow

credit goes to BSD[/QUOTE]
When I calculate shipping, it says $10...?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']When I calculate shipping, it says $10...?[/QUOTE]

at first it does...further through the process of checking out it will show you otherwise

if a mod could please change the OP of this to take the "june 28-29 only" part out and possibly throw in the OP "update at post #14" that would probably help out a lot of people who are glancing right over this page after seeing the thread title date

you can also use coupon code "slickdeals" for 10% off anything that isn't a greenlight special....the pads are a greenlight special, so the 10% off won't apply to them

credit for this part of the deal goes to SD

my fat ass broke my PS2 pad a few months ago and I quit playing because of this. I snagged three so I won't have to quit for a while (plus I got everything I need to mod one of them)

thanks TSD and OP. I edited the title to reflect the awesomeness of this deal

[quote name='CaseyRyback']my fat ass broke my PS2 pad a few months ago and I quit playing because of this. I snagged three so I won't have to quit for a while (plus I got everything I need to mod one of them)

thanks TSD and OP. I edited the title to reflect the awesomeness of this deal[/QUOTE]

no problem, thanks for changing the OP

i grabbed 2 myself...i probably would've grabbed 3, but i grabbed a pad from the In the Groove deal Cheapy posted a week or two ago

[quote name='Scrubking']BTW, which is the best dancing game for me to get started with?[/QUOTE]

I would look into both the max games, with the edge given to Max 2 because of the song list. I think max is a little easier to get into if you are a complete newbie like I was because it just seems a little slower and a little more tuned to the beginner. Both games are really really good though and I highly recommend both as long as you can get them for fairly cheap.

I have Extreme, but I have not played it yet.

Before the deal expires, could anyone tell me what kind of payment methods computer geeks accepts? Just Credit Card, or do they take Debit as well?

Alright - grabbed 3. My gf's gonna hate me...she doesn't want me to play due to my bad knee (which got bad because of Wushu and DDR). Oh well - at least I can exercise without leaving my house.

Now I need to go to GS and buy the DDR games during the B2G1 free deal. WHOO! Thanks OP and TSD.

BTW, anyone know how well these pads deal with slipping?

Wow, I think im going to pick up 2, never played a ddr game, and this is a cheap way to start lol. Thanks for bumpin this up.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Before the deal expires, could anyone tell me what kind of payment methods computer geeks accepts? Just Credit Card, or do they take Debit as well?[/QUOTE]
Anyone? PLEASE?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Anyone? PLEASE?[/QUOTE]

does your debit card have a visa logo or a credit card logo? If so then it will process the order as credit and you can use it

this is pretty much how all online business process transactions using debit cards from all the orders online I have done with different places

[quote name='CaseyRyback']does your debit card have a visa logo or a credit card logo? If so then it will process the order as credit and you can use it

this is pretty much how all online business process transactions using debit cards from all the orders online I have done with different places[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's a visa - thanks :)

Are these dance pads dependable at all? I don't know whether to get two or three (the third one being a replacement one if one breaks). If they're not going to break within...say a year, then I really don't need a third one, since I'm sure they'll get marked down again.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Anyone? PLEASE?[/QUOTE]

it looks like you can only use a credit card...though i used a check card (which can be used as credit or debit)

it says Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover & Geek Credit Card (i guess the site has it's own credit card)

Ordered 2 of them and a $4 USB mini aquarium thingie.
I've ordered from CompGeeks in the past. They're quite good about returning things.

I just hope the 1-inch foam they say isn't the corner stick pads.

Ok I admit $6 shipped for pads with some padding is an amazing deal. I thought they were the stupid old pads like konami used to make...plastic covering --> sensors --> plastic covering. The ones that break after playing one heavy song. I'm kind of spoiled lots of people near me have fluxes or homemade hard pads (or beat gears even).

thanks, just ordered a pair for $7.90 shipped. I haven't used UPS before though, approximately how long does ground shipping take?

Thanks, dropout. I think my current pad can accurately be described as plastic covering --> sensors --> plastic covering...so this will be great!

Or maybe I'm a retard and missed some sort of promo code. Whoops they were $5.95 for me. I fail at being a cheapass :(

I'm planning on either keeping them as backups or giving them away I don't know yet...so I guess $12 is nothing really.

I had them in my cart at $4 and when I went to checkout they raised the price and would not allow me to finish my checkout. I guess I really did not need these anyways.

why do y'all need three pads? is there a four player dance game? i'm getting one, since i already have one duct taped to a slab of wood.

bread's done
Back