$40 for $50 Amazon gift card or PSN card, more at Meijer (in store w/ coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
$50 Amazon gift cards are just $40 at Meijer (in store only, with coupon) through July 4th.

It's part of Meijer's "Summer Bucks" promotion which can be used on any general merchandise purchases including Amazon Kindle gift cards, PSN cards, video games, etc. The amount taken off per purchase varies. In this case, it's $10 off anything over $49.97.

Note: The promotion will not work on regular Amazon gift cards - only Kindle cards, which can be used to purchase anything on Amazon.

Just sign up for mPerks (Meijer's digital coupon website), clip the "Summer Bucks" coupon, go to your local Meijer store, grab an Amazon Kindle gift card (in the electronics section), and head to the checkout (use the self-checkout...it's way easier).

You can only use one coupon per transaction - however, you can repeat it as many times as you'd like. I bought 8 $50 Kindle cards for $40 each on 8 different transactions, then cashed them in on my Amazon account for my PS4 preorder, which makes my PS4 $320 out of pocket instead of $400. 

Not too shabby.

I've been taking advantage of this for a few years purchasing $50 PSN cards for $40, but didn't think of trying it on Kindle cards until now. But I'm glad I did!

Helpful links:

Meijer Store Locator (locations in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio & Kentucky)

Meijer mPerks website (sign up, sign in & clip coupons)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Where did you go? I was at the Melrose Park location.

From Amazon website:
"Note: We do not sell physical gift cards in Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, or Louisiana."
That can't be true anymore since my local Walgreens carries at least $50 and $100 physical Amazon gift cards, and I live in Illinois.

Cards like this are almost always handled entirely by a vendor so it's probably up to when that person is in the store again and whether they have more to put out.
It's actually all handled by having the cards shipped to the store, which can take upwards of a week after they're ordered. The store by me tries to order before a big sale like this, but they've had people come in and grab $5000 worth of cards at a time. I'm waiting for them to make the coupons exclude these cards because of the few people abusing it. As for them charging tax on the cards, it's up to the state and their tax laws, I know mine is trying to approve a 5.5% tax on all GCs and online purchases.

$750 in Amazon credit yesterday and a very helpful cashier as well, they were like what a great idea. Screw the self checkout electronics people generally are cool...  As others said it's MUCH easier if you can find the actual coupon in store.

Add me to the list of schmucks that would gladly buy these from someone if given the chance. $45 for each paid through whatever your preferred method is.  Just think, your PS3 could cost you less than $300 if you buy enough to resell to another CAG!

Looks like I missed out, employees had pulled their amazon gc stock. Over heard them talking "what if someone asks for one? Just tell them we are out of stock" so I asked anyway 5 min later, yep out of stock.

Went back to my Meijer today, and my suspicions were true...they did have Kindle cards, but they were in an easily missable spot in electronics.  Decided not to go overboard, got 3 50 dollar cards.  They still have a ton of 50 and 25 dollar cards, hopefully I can resist going back.

Nice. Where did you go? I was at the Melrose Park location.

From Amazon website:[/size]"Note: We do not sell physical gift cards in Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, or Louisiana."[/size]
Elgin

I just got back and picked up another 4. They still had at least 8 $50 and probably 20 $25.

I checked St. Charles and Bloomingdale. Both were empty.

How does this work?

I signed up and when I look at the coupon I see

Terms & Exclusions

*No cash back. Limit one Summer Bucks coupon per item. Excludes: Grocery, Household Consumables, Alcohol, Tobacco, Prescriptions, Gift Cards, Gas Station & C-Stops, Lottery, Postage, Park & Entertainment Tickets, Prepaid Debit Cards & Reload Packs, Instore Businesses, Online Purchases, Licenses, Taxes, Previous Purchases, Meijer Extended Protection Plans and Bottle Deposit.

So gift cards seem to not be allowed.  How do you do it at self check out?

Elgin

I just got back and picked up another 4. They still had at least 8 $50 and probably 20 $25.

I checked St. Charles and Bloomingdale. Both were empty.
Fair enough. Looks like it's not going to happen for me. Maybe they're stricter about these things in the heart of the city.

Went back to my Meijer today, and my suspicions were true...they did have Kindle cards, but they were in an easily missable spot in electronics. Decided not to go overboard, got 3 50 dollar cards. They still have a ton of 50 and 25 dollar cards, hopefully I can resist going back.
where were they? When I went last night, I found the peg next to the actual Kindles, but the pegs were empty :( Did you find them elsewhere?

For everyone looking to buy off people for $45.  I saw this on Fry's Supermarket digital coupon site:

Save $10
When you buy (1) ONE $100 Best Buy Gift Card

More Information
Limit of one coupon per item. Digital coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.
10% isn't the best but it's still $40 off a PS4 (saves the cost of Tax in most states).  Might be able to turn them into Amazon cards too.

I found them in an aisle with the kindle accessories. Thanks for suggesting to check in the electronics! I'd actually gone to two Meijers earlier and didn't find them up front and left. I called them up after you suggested the electronics suggestion and the electronics guy confirmed they had kindle gift cards in the back. :D

$50 Amazon gift cards are just $40 at Meijer (in store only, with coupon) through July 4th.

Just sign up for mPerks (Meijer's digital coupon website), clip the "Summer Bucks" coupon, go to your local Meijer store, grab an Amazon Kindle gift card (in the electronics section), and head to the checkout (use the self-checkout...it's way easier).

I've been taking advantage of this for a few years purchasing $50 PSN cards for $40, but didn't think of trying it on Kindle cards until now. But I'm glad I did!
How does it work at self check out? Please explain. Thank you.

There's an mperks button. You click on that. It asks you for your phone number, and then your pin number on the credit card swipe machine.

You're going to input the phone number and pin that is linked to your mperks account, not your credit card pin number.

After it registers, just scan your card, click finish and pay, that you don't want to bag your item (the bag won't register the weight of the card), click finish and pay again, and then choose your payment method. Voila!

Then just repeat for however many you're getting.

For everyone looking to buy off people for $45. I saw this on Fry's Supermarket digital coupon site:

Save $10
When you buy (1) ONE $100 Best Buy Gift Card

More Information
Limit of one coupon per item. Digital coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.
10% isn't the best but it's still $40 off a PS4 (saves the cost of Tax in most states). Might be able to turn them into Amazon cards too.
I don't have either stores, so that's why I'm hoping someone wants to make 10 bucks.

How do I apply the coupon. I printed it off, but I don't see anything to scan at self-checkout.
It's linked to your mperks account. There should be an mperks button right at the beginning. Just click on that and enter your phone number and pin number associated with your mperks account. After doing that, scan your item and it will apply the discount after.

How does this work?

I signed up and when I look at the coupon I see

Terms & Exclusions *No cash back. Limit one Summer Bucks coupon per item. Excludes: Grocery, Household Consumables, Alcohol, Tobacco, Prescriptions, Gift Cards, Gas Station & C-Stops, Lottery, Postage, Park & Entertainment Tickets, Prepaid Debit Cards & Reload Packs, Instore Businesses, Online Purchases, Licenses, Taxes, Previous Purchases, Meijer Extended Protection Plans and Bottle Deposit.

So gift cards seem to not be allowed. How do you do it at self check out?
Kindle cards, Xbox points and psn are all considered game cards and not gift cards.

It's actually all handled by having the cards shipped to the store, which can take upwards of a week after they're ordered. The store by me tries to order before a big sale like this, but they've had people come in and grab $5000 worth of cards at a time. I'm waiting for them to make the coupons exclude these cards because of the few people abusing it. As for them charging tax on the cards, it's up to the state and their tax laws, I know mine is trying to approve a 5.5% tax on all GCs and online purchases.
I meant as far as getting them out on the floor that's the vendors responsibility. When I worked there it was entirely off limits to even open the boxes they came in let alone restock them when they were empty.

What about Gamestop?
That is a gift card. Think of it this way. Cards located in electronics are not considered gift cards. Cards that are in with the section of cards for resturants, other department stores etc, are considered gift cards. This also includes best buy and gamestop. At least this is how it works at my location.

That is a gift card. Think of it this way. Cards located in electronics are not considered gift cards. Cards that are in with the section of cards for resturants, other department stores etc, are considered gift cards. This also includes best buy and gamestop. At least this is how it works at my location.
Okay. Well goes one plan. I could still use Amazon though.

Yep, it's all done electronically. All you need to do online is clip the coupon and you're set for in store. When you get to the store, click the mperks button, enter the phone number and pin number you used with mperks,and then scan.

Nabbed $400. The store was pretty deserted so I opted for self-checkout. Took a while but it was painless. The stoner kid who was managing the self-checkout area was staring into space the whole time. Might go back and get a few more before the sale ends (presuming they actually have some left).

Wow amazing deal! The problem is that I live in California, and there are no stores here, please anyone help can I still do this deal somehow?! I need to pre order my ps4 for $320!

Just got done buying 1 $50 amazon card successfully, my store here as about 25 in stock and the same in $25 cards.  Willing to buy for anyone! send me a pm

Please help someone who lives thousands of miles away from these stores. $90 for $100 Amazon right now. That's $10 profit.

Thanks for the heads up, just picked up $400 for $320! Now to decide if I want to buy a 64 GB touch or preorder the Galaxy Tab 3

on a side note, the tab 3 isn't supposed to go on sale until the 7th but the Meijer I went to actually had one of the 7" up for sale already. I was bummed; totally would've picked it up if it was the 8" model. Oh well, only another 5 days

I did this last night, me and my brother were pre-ordering Battlefield 4 Ps4 Bundles at $500 each on amazon, so i went and traded my ps3 since my ps plus just ended yesterday at gamestop, gave me 350.00 for it with 2 extra controllers and a few games due to the 50% extra coupon for renewing pro, then i went to meijer and bought $625 worth of amazon for $500 for him and $275 in amazon for $220.

We went on amazon and for the same $500 BF4 PS4 bundle we bought the Bf4 PS4 bundles with a extra controller and Watchdogs, Effectively my Ps4 Bf4 Bundle, extra controller and watchdogs cost me Thanks for the heads up everyone!

Two of the three stores by me are out of the gift cards. I'm going to try the last one on my way to work tomorrow and see if I can help some of you out.

Ok CAGers, I am in desperate need for this deal! Unfortunately I live in California so I cannot buy the Gift Cards. Can anyone purchase the gift cards and I send you Paypal? I will post a pic of my PP balance for proof. My $325 will become available this Friday! It's pending because eBay has to wait 3 days after the item I sold was delivered, which was today. You can buy the (8) $50 Amazon Gift Cards for $320 like the OP with the coupons, and I will send you the payment, then you can send the codes! This would be a huge deal for me guys. Thanks

pazu7e7y.jpg

stop begging for people to buy you cards. after paypal fees/gas/headache/time to deal with buying multiple cards, an extra $5 is not worth it for any sane person. accept the fact you won't get the card and move on.

I love Mperks and being a Meijer employee I can receive 10 percent off all the PSN cards too, sometimes I am able to find addional coupons and get $50 PSN cards for 32 dollars its pretty neat

I lucked out for once, and am up in Ohio visiting my parents and there is a Meijer pretty near their house. I was able to snag 8 $50 kindle cards (they had a ton of both the $25 and $50 ones, so I didn't mind grabbing as many as I did) before both my credit cards were locked for potential fraudulent charges. :lol: Too many similar transactions set it off.

And I second what dinosaur Jr says.  With how long it took me to do, plus the gas (for a typical drive), and the headache involved, no way I'd do it for someone else for a measly $5.

I lucked out for once, and am up in Ohio visiting my parents and there is a Meijer pretty near their house. I was able to snag 8 $50 kindle cards (they had a ton of both the $25 and $50 ones, so I didn't mind grabbing as many as I did) before both my credit cards were locked for potential fraudulent charges. :lol: Too many similar transactions set it off.

And I second what dinosaur Jr says. With how long it took me to do, plus the gas (for a typical drive), and the headache involved, no way I'd do it for someone else for a measly $5.
Where in Ohio?

And yes I agree....lots of hassle for a stranger, but wouldnt you guys be super stoked if a stranger did it for you? Its all about karma people.

If I would have seen the requests I would have considered it.

Anyways....between my brother and I we got $1000 worth of amazon cards for $800! SCORE!!! Cheap next gen consoles and games for us!!!

Where in Ohio?

And yes I agree....lots of hassle for a stranger, but wouldnt you guys be super stoked if a stranger did it for you? Its all about karma people.

Anyways....between my brother and I we got $1000 worth of amazon cards for $800! SCORE!!! Cheap next gen consoles and games for us!!!

Somebody was suppose to do it for an extra $30 but he never replied :(

Where in Ohio?

The Oregon, OH Meijer store.

I actually went back late last night and got enough to match you and your brother (between both my transactions). I obtained a paper coupon and it said one coupon per item, so I asked the guy in electronics if I could use the coupon more than once per transaction and he said yea. I then grabbed some more Kindle cards (it seemed like there was even more than when I was there two days prior) and handed them to him. He ended up calling his manager on the phone to ask if he could do it (probably because I had more than 2) and was almost sure I'd get shut down, but the manager told him there was no limit. :lol: Score! It was a lot easier to have them all rang up at once back in electronics, although my wife just shook her head at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back