$40 gift card with purchase of Bayonetta & Darksiders or $10 for 1 + $5 off in-store

thegame85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Buy both Darksiders and Bayonetta and get a $40 gift card, buy just one and get a $10 gift card...Good through Thursday 1/7/2010

Edit #2: Also wanted to let you guys know of a pair of $5 off coupons in a little booklet Toys R Us has at their registers. It looks like this:
th_DSC00915.jpg

It has two $5 off coupons for various things, it says Video Game Hardware but not software, should work...look for them at the regular register:
DSC00916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zev10bucksperhour']Yeah after looking more closely at trade in values on the games I want to trade to TRU I'm gonna hold off on that. Tough call on PMing at BB though gonna see if they have the free figures available for darksiders or not otherwise I would rather have the $5 off at TRU from the coupon versus 120 RZ points at BB.[/QUOTE]

They mail it to you. You don't get it in the store when you buy the game.

[quote name='ProggleRock']I see these both dropping in price pretty quickly. I'd rather wait.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Darksiders, not Bayonetta, atleast not as fast.

Ok any advice. I've never preordered from BB before but I preordered Bayonetta before I saw this deal. I'm getting Darksiders tomorrow as well. So 1 Preorder of Bayonetta and an instore of Darksiders.

Should I preorder Darksiders and brings this up? Any ideas I'd love to get the 40 dollar gift card. Should I cancel my Bayonetta order then buy them both at the same time? If so any ideas on how to do that the night before release

[quote name='toxicinzanity']does gamestop pm tru??? i got some credit to burn[/QUOTE]

GameStop does not officially price match. Some CAGs have reported having some success with particular managers or stores, but I would say it's pretty rare.

[quote name='freelancer85']Hey, this is for members only. Is that going to be a problem to PM in BB?[/QUOTE]

Thats a really good question. Anyone have an answer? And not all Toys R Us have that $5 off coupon, the store I work at doesn't have them. :(

If I only want Beyonetta is it possible to buy both and return Darksiders and stay with the gift card?? Or would they ask for the card back??

[quote name='GoreObsessed']If I only want Beyonetta is it possible to buy both and return Darksiders and stay with the gift card?? Or would they ask for the card back??[/QUOTE]
I am in the same boat, the $10 gift card is nice, but I would be all about that nice big $40.

Darksiders looks great, but I just see the game selling poorly and dropping in price soon.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']If I only want Beyonetta is it possible to buy both and return Darksiders and stay with the gift card?? Or would they ask for the card back??[/QUOTE]

Is that a serious question?

If you find a really nice cashier and ask very politely they will probably just take the $40 off the original price and give you Bayonetta for $20 right then and there. Just remember to say please and thank you.

[quote name='dino88']If you find a really nice cashier and ask very politely they will probably just take the $40 off the original price and give you Bayonetta for $20 right then and there. Just remember to say please and thank you.[/QUOTE]
That would be awesome if it worked, but I doubt it will. Worth a shot though, I will likely try it as well as ask if I can purchase both get the gift card and return Darksiders. If TRU was giving more than $15 for MUA2 I'd trade that in and probably just buy both.

[quote name='Sigma']That would be awesome if it worked, but I doubt it will. Worth a shot though, I will likely try it as well as ask if I can purchase both get the gift card and return Darksiders. If TRU was giving more than $15 for MUA2 I'd trade that in and probably just buy both.[/QUOTE]
Not gonna happen. You're going to have to give back the gift card. You're better off just getting Bayonetta and the $10 GC or just waiting.

BTW, you can get $20 for MUA2 at GameSpot since it's part of the "$20 off anything" promo

I ordered Bayonetta for 360 a few days ago with the B1G1 half off and coupon code (cost me $26.xx) and I just got an email tonight that the delivery has unexpectedly been delayed and they will ship as soon as they can. WTF? Its a newly released game so why the delay TRU? I want my game.

[quote name='icedrake523']Not gonna happen. You're going to have to give back the gift card. You're better off just getting Bayonetta and the $10 GC or just waiting.

BTW, you can get $20 for MUA2 at GameSpot since it's part of the "$20 off anything" promo[/QUOTE]

Or $27 if you send it to Amazon.

If you try and return either game, the gift card will be deducted from the amount they return to you. So likely they will give you a credit for $19.99 or however you paid.

Lol, quit trying to cheat the system, and either take the deal or dont >_>. I cant wait to see all the people whining about Darkstalkers tommorow afternoon though

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, quit trying to cheat the system, and either take the deal or dont >_>. I cant wait to see all the people whining about Darkstalkers tommorow afternoon though[/QUOTE]
Darksiders. Why are you looking forward to people whining about a game?

Bleh, i keep calling it Darkstalkers for some reason >_>, and i dont know o_O. I just find it funny everyone thinks that Darksiders is somehow better than Bayonetta in any way shape or form, and i cant wait to see when people start realizing that is wrong.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Bleh, i keep calling it Darkstalkers for some reason >_>, and i dont know o_O. I just find it funny everyone thinks that Darksiders is somehow better than Bayonetta in any way shape or form, and i cant wait to see when people start realizing that is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Have you played either game?

Here is a question. Can I use the gifcard when I buy the 2 games? If I could use the $40 gift card right when I buy both games it would be a lot easier.

I played the Bayonetta Demo extensively, and i tried Darkstalkers at a mom and pop store in my area that had it in one of thier display consoles.

[quote name='Rahxephon91']Here is a question. Can I use the gifcard when I buy the 2 games? If I could use the $40 gift card right when I buy both games it would be a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

If you mean use them on the games as you purchase them, no.

[quote name='Interfeci']If you mean use them on the games as you purchase them, no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah didn't think so. I guess I'll see how the Best Buy thing turn out.

I haven't played either, but I have a feeling that the general public will view Bayonetta as a better game than Darksiders. That being said, am I the only one here more interested in Darksiders than Bayonetta?

[quote name='toxicinzanity']does gamestop pm tru??? i got some credit to burn[/QUOTE]

My gamestop price matches, just gotta bring in the ad. spectrum in southern CA

[quote name='10kdragon']My gamestop price matches, just gotta bring in the ad. spectrum in southern CA[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastard >_>, i dont think any Gamestops in a 100 mile radius do that here anymore. I would so leap on this deal if i could get Gamestop to PM it. Especially since i was gonna end up with extra credit after my transaction.

[quote name='MisterFleX']That being said, am I the only one here more interested in Darksiders than Bayonetta?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='freelancer85']Hey, this is for members only. Is that going to be a problem to PM in BB?[/QUOTE]

Anyone know the answer to this? I have a feeling they are going to try and pull some bullshit because of this, even though you can sign up for free anytime (even while making the purchase), and I'm already a member.

If this is like any of their previous sales, the giftcard will have an expiration date AND cannot be used until 6-12 hours after it is activated - each card was like that for Halo ODST, Batman AA, Mario Galaxies, Wii Sports Resorts, etc.

Also you are buying the $40 giftcard and they're deducting $40 total, or most likely $20 off each title.

So the price goes something like this:

$40 giftcard = $40, no tax
Bayonetta = $59.99 - $20 = $39.99 + tax
Darksiders = $59.99 - $20 = $39.99 + tax

Total to pay = $40 + ($39.99x2+tax)

So yeah, good luck trying to scam them for $60 in trying to return either game.

I guess the inherent problem with this deal is that it's not as good as a B2G1 free deal that we're all used to at TRU. Because basically, it's B2G2/3o$$$amefree, so while it's better than buying both games at full price with no discount, it's still not an amazing deal when you look at it in those terms. Both of these games are definitely going to be prone to drops and clearances in a couple months, so I'll probably hold off, even though I was contemplating snagging Bayonetta this week. Hell, I'd even give Darksiders a chance to change my initial opinion of it if it wasn't a full $65 after tax ... I'll probably try grabbing both of these at Target when they inevitably go on clearance for $29.99 or less.

[quote name='MisterFleX']I haven't played either, but I have a feeling that the general public will view Bayonetta as a better game than Darksiders. That being said, am I the only one here more interested in Darksiders than Bayonetta?[/QUOTE]

If I wouldn't have gotten Bayonetta early, right now I would be more excited about playing Darksiders. Bayonetta is great but the Metroidvania genre is one of my favorites. I fully expect to enjoy Darksiders more than Bayonetta.

[quote name='freelancer85']Hey, this is for members only. Is that going to be a problem to PM in BB?[/QUOTE]I think it's YMMV. I tried to price match the $30 gift card with Batman back when it came out, but the manager at my Best Buy was only willing to do a $20 card since the $30 one was for Rewards members only.

I haven't seen any official rule on it, though. It's probably just up to whoever is working at the time.

Just went to Toys R us to pick up my copy I got the $40 gift card plus they allowed me to use the $5 off promotion twice for buying an item over $25 overall I'm satisfied I don't think you'll find a better deal than this concerning these two games.

[quote name='mphil145']Just went to Toys R us to pick up my copy I got the $40 gift card plus they allowed me to use the $5 off promotion twice for buying an item over $25 overall I'm satisfied I don't think you'll find a better deal than this concerning these two games.[/QUOTE]

did it say $60 for each game on the receipt? if so, there shouldnt be a problem returning a sealed one at a later date for another game.

Just picked up my copies and the $40 gift card, picked up a copy from Gamestop too, comes with the Harvest weapon code in the game and a graphic novel.

Gonna swap the games and take the TRU copy back to gamestop. Love them loopholes.

[quote name='Armads']Just picked up my copies and the $40 gift card, picked up a copy from Gamestop too, comes with the Harvest weapon code in the game and a graphic novel.

Gonna swap the games and take the TRU copy back to gamestop. Love them loopholes.[/QUOTE]

The Harvester code isn't a GS exclusive. It's not a code you redeem thru XBL or PSN, you input it on the Game's pause menu.

[quote name='8bitArtist']did it say $60 for each game on the receipt? if so, there shouldnt be a problem returning a sealed one at a later date for another game.[/QUOTE]

My receipt actually shows each game being rung up as 37.49 after both promotions being applied. Yet somehow the total still came up as $120 weird I know but to be honest the person who rung me up seemed to be a bit confused on how to handle the whole process

question?

i bought some games from tru and havent been charged yet as theyll ship out the 19th of this month--i put the order on my credit card---but now ive got about $75 in gc and credit anyway that i could use this cash to pay for my previous order since my credit card hasnt been charged yet?

i'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but can you return stuff you bought online to the store? I had preordered bayonetta a while ago with a giftcard, but i want to take advantage of this and my preorder hasn't shipped yet.

[quote name='youenvy']question?

i bought some games from tru and havent been charged yet as theyll ship out the 19th of this month--i put the order on my credit card---but now ive got about $75 in gc and credit anyway that i could use this cash to pay for my previous order since my credit card hasnt been charged yet?[/QUOTE]

I had a similar situation come up a while back. I sent an email to customer service and was called back saying that I couldn't apply any gift cards I had to an already placed order. I'm not sure if that is their standard practice but you can always try and call/email them yourself.

Alright, folks.

Just got back from Best Buy.

Bayonetta PS3 - $40
Darksiders PS3 - $40
$40 Gift Card - $40

Total: $120

I had a $25 Gift Card from Christmas, so that brought my total down to around $100.

Didn't have any problems with the price match. She looked up the ad on the computer and had to have a manager over-ride the sale or something, but it was easy peasy.

I was hoping they'd just take $40 off the total, but.. meh. Just means my next $60 game will only cost $20

I'm pleased. :)

[quote name='icedrake523']Not gonna happen. You're going to have to give back the gift card. You're better off just getting Bayonetta and the $10 GC or just waiting.

BTW, you can get $20 for MUA2 at GameSpot since it's part of the "$20 off anything" promo[/QUOTE]
That's insulting! I'd never shop or even step foot into a Gamestop store. I hate that company with a passion and will never give them any of my money again.

As for Amazon, I have thought about trading it in there or taking it to a local mom and pop shop around my town that was giving $37 credit for it.

Like I said before, I am going to try and get the $40 gift card, I want Darksiders. But it will very likely sell poorly and drop to $30 within three months, especially with Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 coming out soon.

$40 GC I was given did not have an expiration date on it, although it did have the names of systems all over it, Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3.

[quote name='Shimmerz']$40 GC I was given did not have an expiration date on it, although it did have the names of systems all over it, Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3.[/QUOTE]
I've only ever seen TRU use the dated cards with big release games like ODST and NSMB, those cards actually had the game on them as well.

Bayonetta is a big deal for hardcore gamers, but for the majority they probably don't care about it. Darksiders on the other hand like I said before, looks like a great game and I want to pick it up eventually, but it's destined to fail at retail.

bread's done
Back