$40 gift card with purchase of Bayonetta & Darksiders or $10 for 1 + $5 off in-store

thegame85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Buy both Darksiders and Bayonetta and get a $40 gift card, buy just one and get a $10 gift card...Good through Thursday 1/7/2010

Edit #2: Also wanted to let you guys know of a pair of $5 off coupons in a little booklet Toys R Us has at their registers. It looks like this:
th_DSC00915.jpg

It has two $5 off coupons for various things, it says Video Game Hardware but not software, should work...look for them at the regular register:
DSC00916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just had the Best Best Buy experience ever.

Price matched Bayonetta and Darksiders by taking 40 off the order. Then I mentioned that they had a sale on Rock Band 2 for 99 bucks last week and I missed it. So they honored that price. So basically I got Rock Band 2 Bayonetta and Darksiders for 180 bucks. I had 150 in Xmas Gift Cards so I spent like 30 dollars. Woot!

Btw at the Colorado Store on Colorado BLVD Riddick is sold out for Ps3

anyone ever trade games to toys r us--im just wondering how that goes since ive never traded games with them--in store or on line.

Couldn't get the price match at Best Buy because the manager found some fine print on the TRU deal description online that said "limited quantities". According to the Best Buy Price Match policy, they don't price match deals with limited availability. Funny though -- at first, when I mentioned the deal to the customer service worker, she got huffy and said "we don't match giftcards". She got pissed when I called BS and pulled out the policy printout.

Sucks. Maybe you guys will have better luck with less thorough managers.

[quote name='icedrake523']If you do it online, you have to pay for shipping if the TIV is less than $10. In store, just bring them to customer service.[/QUOTE]

thanx for the info--might just go to the store n trade some games n try to get a $40 gift card with bayonetta n darksiders.

[quote name='makinc']Couldn't get the price match at Best Buy because the manager found some fine print on the TRU deal description online that said "limited quantities". According to the Best Buy Price Match policy, they don't price match deals with limited availability. Funny though -- at first, when I mentioned the deal to the customer service worker, she got huffy and said "we don't match giftcards". She got pissed when I called BS and pulled out the policy printout.

Sucks. Maybe you guys will have better luck with less thorough managers.[/QUOTE]

I'd go to another store thats totally lame

Did they call the store and ask if they have the games? If not, then yeah, he was just trying to fuck you over by finding some loose wording; I do know that they only have a certain amount of GCs to give out, but I doubt they would already be out of them.

I got up in the AM today in anticipation of this deal and got my PM at Best Buy, despite the fact that I was sick and almost puked at the service desk (lolwut?)

They tried to say that they don't match giftcards, but I told them their site said so and I had a printout stating such. The woman at the service desk called whomever back on the phone and the person actually checked the site and said the website must've "recently been changed." It took awhile, but I got them and I'm happy, so that's all I can ask for :whistle2:D

Got a price match at the new Best Buy in Eatontown, NJ. They just followed the deal and gave a 40 dollar giftcard with it, plus I had 30 dollars in Reward Zone certs, so I paid 45 each for the games and got a 40 dollar giftcard, not bad at all.

[quote name='makinc']Couldn't get the price match at Best Buy because the manager found some fine print on the TRU deal description online that said "limited quantities". According to the Best Buy Price Match policy, they don't price match deals with limited availability. Funny though -- at first, when I mentioned the deal to the customer service worker, she got huffy and said "we don't match giftcards". She got pissed when I called BS and pulled out the policy printout.

Sucks. Maybe you guys will have better luck with less thorough managers.[/QUOTE]

Same experience as me. Manager wouldn't relent even after I showed her her own policy. Manager was Keshia at the University Town Center BB in Sarasota. I wrote both the general manager and district manager.

Why does the consumer know more about the company's policies than the employees? Absurd.

[quote name='lyric706']Same experience as me. Manager wouldn't relent even after I showed her her own policy. Manager was Keshia at the University Town Center BB in Sarasota. I wrote both the general manager and district manager.

Why does the consumer know more about the company's policies than the employees? Absurd.[/QUOTE]

Price matches at BB are always YMMV. And they never have anything to do with the deal being 100% accurate. It all depends on how well the person taking care of you is feeling. If he/she didn't sleep well, OR isn't having a good day or it's too cold outside or it's too hot outside...they will come up with any excuse to not allow you the deal.

The last time I was denied, they read the very last line of the policy to me 'Exclusions will apply', and I told her basically 'that means you do whatever you like', and she nodded.:bomb:

[quote name='lyric706']Same experience as me. Manager wouldn't relent even after I showed her her own policy. Manager was Keshia at the University Town Center BB in Sarasota. I wrote both the general manager and district manager.

Why does the consumer know more about the company's policies than the employees? Absurd.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me at the Winston-Salem, NC BB. Have not tried this deal but on other deals, including their own RZ coupons they have went so far as to accuse me of producing fake coupons. I got pissed and loud and said that they didnt even know their own company deals and how to execute thier own policies so I asked to speak with a manager who was just as dumb and rude and said if that she didnt have to "serve" me??? WTF! She said I was causing a scene.., I guess they dont like being told how to run their own promotions! Since then I have not bought one thing from the store besides doing one instore pickup and that was swallowing some pride to do that. Oh and a guy was trying to return a camera with a receipt in front of me when I was doing the in store pickup and this young punk told they guy that he didnt think anything was wrong with the camera and denied him the return. The guy asked to speak with a manager and the punk told him that the manager would tell him the same thing. It was an older guy and he became really pissed, which I dont blame him for one bit. He even bought a warranty on the camera and was told he could only get a prorated refund on the warranty but nothing for the camera but that he cold have the Geeksquad look at said camera. Customer service down the drain.

I'm off the soapbox now and I'm thinking of going to TRU since I have a $30 gc to get rid of.

[quote name='youenvy']anyone ever trade games to toys r us--im just wondering how that goes since ive never traded games with them--in store or on line.[/QUOTE]

I just traded with Toys R Us for the first time today (in-store), it was pretty easy. Just took my games to customer service, they scan them, tell you the values (although I had already looked up the values in advance using their website), you sign a receipt, and you get a gift card that can be used immediately. I got a $30 gift card for my trades, and used it to get Bayonetta + Darksiders, which gave me another $40 gift card to use :D. I'm thinking I'll pick up No More Heroes 2 later in the month for $10 using the gift card.

[quote name='dragonjud']Price matches at BB are always YMMV. And they never have anything to do with the deal being 100% accurate. It all depends on how well the person taking care of you is feeling. If he/she didn't sleep well, OR isn't having a good day or it's too cold outside or it's too hot outside...they will come up with any excuse to not allow you the deal.

The last time I was denied, they read the very last line of the policy to me 'Exclusions will apply', and I told her basically 'that means you do whatever you like', and she nodded.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Wow. Just wow.

Here's my point: I don't care whether the company wants to price match an offer or not. They have a right to keep whatever policies or stipulations they choose. My problem is when a company's employees do not adhere to the policies the company has chosen to publish in writing. Why have the policy for consumers to read in the first place?

The irony is the only reason I went to BB to price match was because it's 20 minutes closer to my office than the Toys R Us. However, I spent at least 20 minutes waiting for the manager not to understand her company's own policy —$and I left empty-handed.

I agree 100%. A company can have whatever policy they want but its a damn shame when they have a policy yet they won't follow it and then act like your trying to rip them off. Saving a buck isnt worth the hastle with my store. I also wrote and called BB customer service and explained my ordeal. I dont think anything became of it. I buy the bulk of my games and blurays from Amazon and they have always been topnotch with customer service.

Times have changed. Before most of us were even born, many people who worked storefronts took pride in doing their jobs and knowing as much as possible to best help out the customer. These days, many of the employees think the job is beneath them (and by extension the customers are beneath them) and are holding out for the day that a Fortune 500 company comes looking for a high school dropout just like them.

I'm still surprised about the time I went to a chain store to get a price match refund on a game I bought from them because they had it on sale. A supervisor said they only price match at the time of the purchase and that he could "lose his job" if he allowed a price match refund. Of course, there's a freaking sign in the electronics department that talks about a 30 day pricematch, and had I known it was there I could've put an egg in his face. But I just left and went to another of their stores where the CSR refunded me with no hassle.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Times have changed. Before most of us were even born, many people who worked storefronts took pride in doing their jobs and knowing as much as possible to best help out the customer. These days, many of the employees think the job is beneath them (and by extension the customers are beneath them) and are holding out for the day that a Fortune 500 company comes looking for a high school dropout just like them.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget how back then, if you were a loyal customer, you could develop a relationship with the employees and they'd sometimes give you something whether it be a discount or something free.

I constantly go to the pizza place near my school but the guy who works there has never even asked my name or offered a free slice or soda.

On the flip side, I'm guessing there's more customers these days looking to screw over the business or take advantage of a glitch. For example, see the web site Cheap Ass Gamer. :)

[quote name='Indiana Jones']On the flip side, I'm guessing there's more customers these days looking to screw over the business or take advantage of a glitch. For example, see the web site Cheap Ass Gamer. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, we're just taking advantage of the deals they offer. Not our fault if Target puts good stuff on clearance that we can trade into Amazon for a profit.

Last time I tried to PM BB, I took the policy with me (they had a handout at CS) to the manager. Him and I both agreed that the policy left some wiggle room for managers, but he honored the GC deal. Lesson here is you catch more flys with honey than you do with vinegar.

[quote name='chimpian']eh these games will be dropping in price like stones.
Im predicting $30 in 2 months[/QUOTE]

I see Darksiders dropping more quickly than Bayonetta though.

[quote name='icedrake523']I doubt either sells great to be honest. Bayonetta seems like a niche game and one most people pass on despite the good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Sadly I suppose that is true. I will try this at Best Buy for both games, because I have like $60 left in GC for there. If it does not work I will probably just pick Bayonetta up when it drops in price sometime.

I think both these games will sell really well. GoW + Zelda draws a ton of fans. Bayonetta will draw lots of DMC fans as well I'd think

[quote name='BrolyB593']I see Darksiders dropping more quickly than Bayonetta though.[/QUOTE]
Good thing I'll finish both in less than 2 months. Hopefully before ME2 and Bioshock 2 come out. And I don't rush the games either. I just have A LOT of time to play them.

BTW, picked both up this morning with the GC, no problem.

[quote name='chimpian']eh these games will be dropping in price like stones.
Im predicting $30 in 2 months[/QUOTE]
Good thing I'll finish both in less than 2 months and resell. I don't rush either, I just have a LOT of time to play both. I want to be done before ME2 and Bio2 come out.

BTW, picked both up this morning no problem with GC.

I havent read up on these two games a lot but the gift card offer peaked my interest a little bit. So Darkriders is kind of like a God of War type of game and Bayonetta is more a Devil May Cry clone?

[quote name='ajh2298']I havent read up on these two games a lot but the gift card offer peaked my interest a little bit. So Darkriders is kind of like a God of War type of game and Bayonetta is more a Devil May Cry clone?[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is more Zelda gameplay with some GoW style thrown in, more blood and violence than Zelda.

People need to stop called Bayonetta a DMC clone, is Majora's Mask a clone of Ocarina of Time? NO! Bayonetta is made/produced by Hideki Kamiya, who made DMC1/Okami/Viewtiful Joe/RE/RE2(my fav RE btw). To call it a clone is horribly wrong, if anything it's a sibling of DMC since they have the same father.

[quote name='ajh2298']I havent read up on these two games a lot but the gift card offer peaked my interest a little bit. So Darkriders is kind of like a God of War type of game and Bayonetta is more a Devil May Cry clone?[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta is like DMC but introduces different elements as far as I can tell. Plus she has big boobs and rips her clothes off which then turn into crazy monsters and eat people.

Darksiders has combat like GOW and a mission puzzle structure like zelda.

Bayonetta got 40/40 from Famitsu (Lower for the ps3 due to frame rates)
Darksiders is getting really good ratings.

Both games are probably excellent and I can't wait to play them

[quote name='acsguitar']Bayonetta is like DMC but introduces different elements as far as I can tell. Plus she has big boobs and rips her clothes off which then turn into crazy monsters and eat people.[/QUOTE]

Um...first I personally don't think she has big boobs, but I guess that's opinion ;)

Second, she doesn't rip off her clothes. Her outfit is made up of her own hair, and when she does her magical attacks it uses her hair which in turn comes off her body. Yes I know it is a rather dumb idea overall, but the gameplay itself regardless of how it's done is still stunning.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um...first I personally don't think she has big boobs, but I guess that's opinion ;)[/QUOTE]

You can make out her nipples though.

[quote name='icedrake523']You can make out her nipples though.[/QUOTE]

When does the visibility of nipples equate to overall boob size?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um...first I personally don't think she has big boobs, but I guess that's opinion ;)

Second, she doesn't rip off her clothes. Her outfit is made up of her own hair, and when she does her magical attacks it uses her hair which in turn comes off her body. Yes I know it is a rather dumb idea overall, but the gameplay itself regardless of how it's done is still stunning.[/QUOTE]

Ok fine she has normal boobs and her hair which is her outfit is taken off to turn into awesome killing machines.

Whatever it's awesome the demo ruled

[quote name='Saix_XIII']When does the visibility of nipples equate to overall boob size?[/QUOTE]

This thread has officially de-railed... :roll:

[quote name='icedrake523']Just pointing it out.[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there

[quote name='BingoBrown']This thread has officially de-railed... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when I was posting that.

Im about to go out and try 3 different Best Buys to price match. I really hope one of them honors the deal.

My BB price matched no problem, got both games and received the $40 GC.

A friend went to another BB and they just deducted the $40 off the total price of both games.

Well, I got denied at two different Best Buys todays, with the reasons being either not matching giftcards and/or the $40 amount being for TRU Rewards members, and thus not the general public (despite the ease of actually getting that membership). Too bad, I would have liked the extra RZ points and the action figure. I may try a third store later in the week, maybe.

[quote name='Stingermck']My BB price matched no problem, got both games and received the $40 GC.

A friend went to another BB and they just deducted the $40 off the total price of both games.[/QUOTE]
If everything was as smooth as that.

[quote name='rgon86']If everything was as smooth as that.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, it was easiest PM ive done at BB. I handed her the printout and she went to work like it was nothing.

Went to price match at BB and the girl at Customer Service looked for 5 minutes and then said I need to ask my manager. Another 5 minutes goes by and she comes and says she cant do gift cards, I said yes you can, this store have both given gift cards and has deducted the amount from the total. So, she gets the manager and he comes out and says we dont match instant discounts or rebates and can give me something for free (I was guessing he meant the gift card which makes no sense), I interrupted nicely and told him that this store has before both PM gift cards and deducted the amount, but then he said it is BB policy not to match these and I said that I read over their policy online before coming to make sure they still honored it and the website states they do match gift cards and instant rebates.

He said he could look it up right there and it must of changed real recently, but he told her to just deduct the amount, so we went to another register while he was looking up the PM policy on line and it was hilarious looking at his expressions, reminded me of a dumb dog trying to understand their master with the eyes getting big with surprise and the head tilting back and forth.

[quote name='stonciddta']Went to price match at BB and the girl at Customer Service looked for 5 minutes and then said I need to ask my manager. Another 5 minutes goes by and she comes and says she cant do gift cards, I said yes you can, this store have both given gift cards and has deducted the amount from the total. So, she gets the manager and he comes out and says we dont match instant discounts or rebates and can give me something for free (I was guessing he meant the gift card which makes no sense), I interrupted nicely and told him that this store has before both PM gift cards and deducted the amount, but then he said it is BB policy not to match these and I said that I read over their policy online before coming to make sure they still honored it and the website states they do match gift cards and instant rebates.

He said he could look it up right there and it must of changed real recently, but he told her to just deduct the amount, so we went to another register while he was looking up the PM policy on line and it was hilarious looking at his expressions, reminded me of a dumb dog trying to understand their master with the eyes getting big with surprise and the head tilting back and forth.[/QUOTE]

^^this^^:applause::applause::applause:
They used to have the "price match" policy on the wall by the registers... Only once (out of at least 20 times) I pointed to the poster and then brought the Ops manager over to read the details... was a bit priceless, but I retained a respectful demeanor and said, I do not know how you keep track of all the policies...seemed to make her feel better...

I don't even bother trying to price match at Best Buy. I'm getting points on my TRU Rewards card as well as getting the deal without hassle plus TRU has been having the best deals on games during release week for a while now so it's not like the gift card is going to go unused.

Had no problem price matching at best buy in bloomington, In. They gave me a $40 gift card which is fine by me.
I screen grabbed the TRU add from TRU website and printed the screen grab, since that did not say "limited quantities."
no hassle, they seemed ready for me.

Went to two different best buys, and both of them gave me the run around. One said that the don't price match toys r us, and the other best buy said they don't price match the value of giftcards. Both managers told me this with a straight face. I directed them to both of their rules regarding price matches on their own website. They just didin't want to budge.

I just went to good ol toys r us. The girl was very friendly, and in and out. Screw best buy. They are a bunch of idiots.

bread's done
Back