40% Off One DVD Box Set at Borders Coupon (In Store Only June 15)

is it 40% off the LIST price or the Borders price? because I have a feeling its the list price (the higher price)

It's 40% off the list price, I would assume. I believe that getting Planet Earth from the deepdiscount sale would still be cheaper for most folks.

There is a Buy 2 get 1 free sale going on at Borders stores until I believe June 28th, so if you can use the coupon on top of that sale, its not really a bad deal. But you can probally only use 1 coupon I assume.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']There is a Buy 2 get 1 free sale going on at Borders stores until I believe June 28th, so if you can use the coupon on top of that sale, its not really a bad deal. But you can probally only use 1 coupon I assume.[/quote]

You can't double dip at Borders. The computer will give you whichever is the better deal on a particular item.

I saw this is my email and got really excited then realized 40% off list really isnt that great of a deal for most things.

I may go over there and see if they have any good classical CD sets because borders is pretty much the only store that keeps a moderately decent selection and they never get marked down anywhere, even amazon doesn't give much off.

These coupons are definitely off the list price. I used a 40% off one last Christmas on the Alias: Complete Series set, and while the price in store at the time was $160, when the coupon was applied it only went down to $120, which means the 40% off was taken off the $200 List Price.

Still, this is a pretty good coupon, as using it will still probably yield you better results than buying these sets at any other B&M store at the moment. It really sucks that it's only for one day though, especially on a day where I can't get to the damn store (stupid school with its stupid tests :bomb: ). Oh well, I didn't really have anything in mind to buy anyway (maybe the Homicide Complete Series set, which would get me $120 off, but I still don't have the money for it at the moment anyway).

"40% discount offer valid with Borders Rewards membership only."

How much does it cost to be a member? Is it free like Best Buy?

[quote name='ctice44']"40% discount offer valid with Borders Rewards membership only."

How much does it cost to be a member? Is it free like Best Buy?[/quote]
Totally free.

Borders has carried Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs for quite some time.

Borders prices are pretty high though. Even with a 40% discount, deals will be few and far between.

I think my Waldenbooks has the Kiddy Grade boxset still available. The regular price was $89.99 IIRC so that coupn would be sweet for that. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I think my Waldenbooks has the Kiddy Grade boxset still available. The regular price was $89.99 IIRC so that coupn would be sweet for that. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]
Kiddy Grade is cheaper at DVDPlanet.com - just under $45. And that's *not* including the 20%-off code!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Kiddy Grade is cheaper at DVDPlanet.com - just under $45. And that's *not* including the 20%-off code![/quote]

That is a good price. I'll think about it.

[quote name='UncleGuito']Wow, that's $38+tax for Planet Earth. I'm gonna go pick that up first thing Friday :D[/quote]

No, list price, so it's ~47 before tax. I didn't catch that until after I placed a hold order for it.

Actually, the coupon wasn't supposed to be used for Waldenbooks or Borders Express stores, but the lady gave it to me anyway. She really didn't have to so that was cool.

I went ahead and got the Kiddy Grade boxset.

bread's done
Back