$40 Ultimate MVC3:50 characters(Ghost Rider/Stryder/Hawkeye/Firebrand) Nov. 2011

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']Comic-con hasn't happened yet, and I don't think they'll name all the characters but here's who I think will be in it

Doc Oct
Frank West
Strider
Phoenix Wright

dunno about the others but the first two are hidden in the mvc3 disc code, and the second two are popular request.

I'm hoping the rumors of nerfed x-factor and nerfed aerial exchanges are true.[/QUOTE]
If they do nerf them then my enjoyment of this game will be severly hampered. Aerial fighting is my main thing and I gain immense enjoyment from it. Also, from what people are saying about the characters who may be added, I'm guessing these characters will make at least make an appearance in this new iteration!

Marvel:
Doc Ock
Elektra/Black Widow
Squirrel Girl
Thanos
Iron Fist
Spider Woman
Venom/Anti-Venom

Capcom:
Asura
Phoenix Wright
Strider
Frank West
Mega Man X
Bison
Leon Kennedy

If you're talking about the aerial exchanges. Rumor is it'll be less of a guessing game on which direction to push to get out of it, although imo they could be removed completely and not change how air based the fighting is at all.

The argument with rereleasing these games to balance them is this: They add new characters every time, and those characters aren't balanced properly. As a result, the cycle begins again. I can't even count the number of times I've heard people complaining about Yun/Yang in AE.

[quote name='nbballard']The argument with rereleasing these games to balance them is this: They add new characters every time, and those characters aren't balanced properly. As a result, the cycle begins again. I can't even count the number of times I've heard people complaining about Yun/Yang in AE.[/QUOTE]

Yun/Yang are purposely unbalanced. All the 3S characters got buffed to promote 3SOE. I mean Makato jumped from bottom to top tier. Ibuki and Dudley also got buffed just not as much, and they're already rumors of a rebalanced version of sf4 coming next year. It's also not like MvC3 or MvC2 for that matter are all that balanced. Each game has like what 40 or so characters with 10 or less of them being viable? I don't think balancing is a reasonable argument against having a new version of this game and adding more characters.

Ultimate announced for November 2011.

New Characters so far
Strider
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Firebrand (from ghost n goblins I think)

8 new stages and 8 more characters to be announced.

No Phoenix Wright yet though D:

As bullshitty as releasing new versions of 6 months old games is, at least Capcom has had the decency of not releasing them as full-price games

[quote name='Salamando3000']The game's up on Amazon...includes a number of pics and a video

360 Version
PS3 Version[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! The last part of the description excited me

After many fan requests, Spectator mode is now available as part of an overall improved online experience along with other new modes and enhancements.

Maybe it's due to watching the small ass youtube video in low quality but I don't like how dark the assist hp is so dark. The supers bars look worse as well. This might be an early build so the bars and stuff could change but I'm not crossing my fingers.

[quote name='jacobeid']I hope this comes as a $15 DLC upgrade...[/QUOTE]

Seems like an awwwwful lot of content to expect for 15 bucks

[quote name='Salamando3000']Oooh shit. All the new characters have been leaked. By Capcom themselves. People have been finding these by going to http://static.capcom.com/character_api/umvc3/profile/ghost-rider.png and replacing the character name with other character names. Final list

Capcom:
Strider - Image
Firebrand - image
Vergil - image
Frank - image
Phoenix Wright - image
Nemesis - image

Marvel:
Ghost Rider - image
Dr Strange - image
Nova - image
Rocket Raccoon - image
Hawkeye - image
Iron Fist - image
[/QUOTE]

No Gambit, Venom, or Doc Ock. BOOOOO

And WTF Rocket Raccoon? What kind of horse shit is that?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']No Gambit, Venom, or Doc Ock. BOOOOO

And WTF Rocket Raccoon? What kind of horse shit is that?[/QUOTE]

Wait for UMvC3 turbo next year :cool:. Kinda shocked about no Doc Ock though.

WAIT!

3V0zX.gif

Continue.

Very odd list if its true. Of all characters those are the ones they put in the game. I agree with most people where is Venom,Gambit,Cyclops,Mega-Man,Captain Commando

Venom/Captain Commando/Mega-Man was in mvc/mvc2. They should be in mvc3 on that alone!

I would like to see those characters, but I'm not mad or anything. Its good to see different people.

I know there's been some trolling about Jubilee in UMvC3 but I actually wanted to see that >_>. Yeah I'm kinda surprised there are new characters instead of MvC1&2 ones. I was sure Psylocke was going to be in this game.

I'm going to pass on this one. I picked up the CE edition of the first, and I really feel burned by Capcom's lack of support. Two DLC characters and then nothing for what seems like an eternity. I might actually use redbox to rent this to see if it is worth my time at all or just wait until the Super Ultimate Arcade Edition version of the game comes out since Capcom seems like they are on a roll.

Seriously Capcom? Seriously?

Im slowly losing respect for this company as each day goes by. First they screw us out of new Ace Attourney games, then they cockblock Pheonix Wright Vs Proffessor Layton, then cancel Megaman Legends 3, now this

doc oc will probably future dlc along with some of the others youve all mentioned. face it theres bound to be another version released after this second one and after the second drops you will see more dlc. if you love the game thats cool and all but i cant understand how anyone can blindly follow capcom loyally when theyre pulling this shit. theres a fine line between being a fan and a fanboy.

Also, i LOOOVE how Capcom contradicted the hell out of themselves.

I thought Nemesis was susposed to make this game "M Rated", or Spectator mode was technically impossible, or Strider had Liscense Issues, and Ghost Rider couldnt be in without his bike

[quote name='dgwillia006']Seriously Capcom? Seriously?

Im slowly losing respect for this company as each day goes by. First they screw us out of new Ace Attourney games, then they cockblock Pheonix Wright Vs Proffessor Layton, then cancel Megaman Legends 3, now this

No, it was more like a Debug mode. Different main character, and the ability to play things that werent int he full game. And it was only supposed to be like 2 or 3 dollars. (Which for Megaman fans, was worth it to see him back in some of his former glory)

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']Honestly with all the Capcom hate in this thread, I'd rather them do this shit rather than for them to stop making fighting games again.[/QUOTE]

We've almost reached the point where fighting games are the only games they make.

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']Wait for UMvC3 turbo next year :cool:. Kinda shocked about no Doc Ock though.[/QUOTE]

I think I might be the only one lamenting the lack of Juggernaut. I know there's enough big galoots in there, but Juggernaut! Juggernaut! I think I would play a Juggernaut single player game.

Doc Ock would've definitely been swell. And of course agreed on the Raccoon with everyone else. That's obtuse in a special kind of way.

[quote name='dgwillia006']

I think its time for me to hop on the BlazBlue train, atleast theres no need to worry about a remake every year there and horrible character rosters[/QUOTE]

Calamity Trigger: nov 2008

Continuum Shift: nov 2009

Continuum Shift 2: dec 2010

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

[quote name='Loonknight']I'm going to pass on this one. I picked up the CE edition of the first, and I really feel burned by Capcom's lack of support. Two DLC characters and then nothing for what seems like an eternity. I might actually use redbox to rent this to see if it is worth my time at all or just wait until the Super Ultimate Arcade Edition version of the game comes out since Capcom seems like they are on a roll.[/QUOTE]

I thought they claimed they were only making one version of MvC 3? I always had the understanding they were going to release characters periodically as DLC for MvC 3 but I guess that plan backfired, and now they want to give is 12 for $40. Now while it is cheaper than $5 a character, I still feel kinda burned that it's happening in the same year. I mean I am fine with a yearly upgrade but two games in the same year? That's just fucking wrong.

It's like why should I even buy a Capcom fighter now if I have to worry about my version being obsolete in less than a year. Seriously. I will probably get this when it hits sub $20 but jeez Capcom.

Also thank you for putting a Megaman Legends Stage in this game. That's just insulting your own fanbase.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Now while it is cheaper than $5 a character, I still feel kinda burned that it's happening in the same year. I mean I am fine with a yearly upgrade but two games in the same year? That's just fucking wrong. [/quote]

So let me get this straight.. you like the game.. but you want to wait longer to play new content for it, for the sole reason that the new content is being delivered on a disc?

It's like why should I even buy a Capcom fighter now if I have to worry about my version being obsolete in less than a year. Seriously. I will probably get this when it hits sub $20 but jeez Capcom.

Don't worry, your copy will work just fine after November whether you upgrade or not.

Also thank you for putting a Megaman Legends Stage in this game. That's just insulting your own fanbase.

Again, the logic here doesn't make sense. You like mega man legends, but don't want ANY content that relates to it, just because you can't have a new game.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']We've almost reached the point where fighting games are the only games they make.[/QUOTE]
Ha, no. We're nowhere near that.

[quote name='smoger']So let me get this straight.. you like the game.. but you want to wait longer to play new content for it, for the sole reason that the new content is being delivered on a disc?

Don't worry, your copy will work just fine after November whether you upgrade or not.

Again, the logic here doesn't make sense. You like mega man legends, but don't want ANY content that relates to it, just because you can't have a new game.[/QUOTE]
It's not even that the game is on the disc. It's that I paid $60 for this at launch and now 9 months later there is a newer version for $40. I mean I like new content faster, sure. I don't like an entirely new retail game 9 months later which still doesn't even have half of the content as Mortal Kombat 9.

Second off, it's not that I don't want any new content, it's lets throw in a stage from a game series we just canceled. It's essentially trolling us because they canceled the game yet we have a stage based on a game we will never play now.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It's not even that the game is on the disc. It's that I paid $60 for this at launch and now 9 months later there is a newer version for $40. I mean I like new content faster, sure. I don't like an entirely new retail game 9 months later which still doesn't even have half of the content as Mortal Kombat 9. [/quote]

Not sure what to say about the MK9 comparison.. if you like MK9 better.. just buy/play that instead. Noone is forcing you to update.

When you bought MvC3 a few months ago, did you feel it was lacking in content? If the answer is yes, why did you buy it? If the answer is no, why do you feel you're entitled to lots of new content and a refresh of the game for free?

Are you (not just you, but people complaining in general) younger players? Maybe I feel this way because I lived through the 90s where fighting games were constantly updated (at full price each time) and PC games almost always had retail boxed expansion packs after a few months. I dont ever remember anyone complaining. If you wanted the new content, you bought it. If you didn't , you didn't.

Second off, it's not that I don't want any new content, it's lets throw in a stage from a game series we just canceled. It's essentially trolling us because they canceled the game yet we have a stage based on a game we will never play now.

I highly doubt that the team working on MvC3 has ANYTHING to do with MML or Capcom's overall business decisions, and I highly doubt that even if they did, that they could have whipped up the level assets in a couple days, or would even care to, just to "troll" people.

Come on,..

bread's done
Back