$400 360 Elite Bundle coming w/Halo 3 + Fable 2 - ETA 05/01/09

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
[04/20/09]:
Rumor no more:
[quote name='Doomtime']http://kotaku.com/5219544/halo-3-and-fable-ii-bundled-together

The rumors are true. According to kotaku, you get Halo 3, Fable 2, and a wireless headset. Great Value for an Xbox 360 bundle especially if you have waited this long.

It's supposed to be launched next month but there's no official street date that I've seen as of yet.[/quote]

Amazon link for the bundle (showing a wired headset, not wireless):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0026GQ8WA/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

[04/10/09]:
This would be an interesting bit of news if it pans out:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...-360-elite-bundle-with-halo-3-and-fable-2.ars

Also picked up by Joystiq, which goes back to the Ars article above:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/10/rumor-400-xbox-360-elite-bundle-features-halo-3-and-fable-2/

Last edited by a moderator:
If only I knew about this before the RE5 elite bundle...

So, will these just be the old black models with new games, or will they be the same chipset as the red models?

Not bad but these game are worth next to nothing by now so its not too great of a deal

SFHDremix+RE5 Is a better bundle than halo and fable

The games are fairly low in value, but that's a hell of a bundle. It's kind of like when they bundled Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. with the NES. I'm sure those games weren't worth much, but they were a solid selection of games.

[quote name='s2k']Not bad but these game are worth next to nothing by now so its not too great of a deal

SFHDremix+RE5 Is a better bundle than halo and fable[/quote]

I wish people would stop valuing bundles by how much resale value the games in it have. They make bundles with games people want to play, not games they think people will want to buy the console for so they can resell them.

I just bought an elite in January. :(
I wish I could have got halo 3/Fable 2 instead of kung-fu panda/ Lego Indiana Jones lol

[quote name='Anexanhume']I wish people would stop valuing bundles by how much resale value the games in it have. They make bundles with games people want to play, not games they think people will want to buy the console for so they can resell them.[/quote]

^^^This, really. :bomb:

[quote name='theking20']I just bought an elite in January. :(
I wish I could have got halo 3/Fable 2 instead of kung-fu panda/ Lego Indiana Jones lol[/quote]

Ouch...I feel your pain, sort of. I actually got a decent Black Friday deal on a 360, but I just fucking hate those two games! :evil:

The pic in the article is a non-bundle box, showing a black Elite. My guess is that it's probably going to be another black Elite, unless they do something different with the color of the case.

Hopefully, it'll be Jasper Elites which were in the RE5 bundle (they were, weren't they?), so at least you'd be getting the newest system with the bundle.

Both games are system sellers, so I think this would work out well to get two of the A-list titles in the same box.

And yes, they may not have good resale value. That only matters if you're trying to cut the cost down of the bundle by selling the games in it. Some people might enjoy a couple of new games in the box and not worry about reselling them.

[quote name='s2k']Not bad but these game are worth next to nothing by now so its not too great of a deal

SFHDremix+RE5 Is a better bundle than halo and fable[/quote]

Fable 2 & Halo 3
39.99 + 34.99 = 74.99

RE5 & HD Remix
59.99 + 14.99 = 74.99

Financially speaking, they're pretty much the same deal. It all comes down to which games you'd prefer. For a first time xbox owner, I'm guessing most people would rather go with the one that includes Halo 3.

[quote name='theking20']I just bought an elite in January. :(
I wish I could have got halo 3/Fable 2 instead of kung-fu panda/ Lego Indiana Jones lol[/quote]

[quote name='Full Metal XL']^^^This, really. :bomb:

Ouch...I feel your pain, sort of. I actually got a decent Black Friday deal on a 360, but I just fucking hate those two games! :evil:[/quote]

Lego Indiana Jones wasn't a bad game tbh. I went through the whole thing (granted I didn't go through the whole thing to get all the gamer points).

The previous bundle with ultimate alliance and forza was a better one.

Halo 3 and Fable 2 are great games that can provide a lot of replay value. RE5 is one of those games I would go through once. Plus, how many more times can I play SF?

If it does happen to be true it would not be such a bad bundle.

SFHDremix+RE5 Is a better bundle than halo and fable
iy.gif
[/quote]
Yea agree the games are old and too overrated.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I wish people would stop valuing bundles by how much resale value the games in it have. They make bundles with games people want to play, not games they think people will want to buy the console for so they can resell them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Bundles are to attact more casual gamers who haven't picked up a console yet.

Not CAGs who care about deals, reselling/trading the games after they beat them etc.

It's a solid bundle for that purpose, as it has two quality games for people who haven't picked up a console yet--definitely better than Forza/Marvel:UA and Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda IMO.

Wouldn't lead to any huge sales spike, but throwing in a couple quality games will get some people who've long been on the fence for sure.

I scored an RE5 bundle on the bay for 360 (funny i just noticed that) shipped to my door: Brand new of course. With all the aftermarket cases you might as well just buy a jasper pro real cheap and mod it yourself. It'll be a lot more fun and you'll have something most other people don't have. You also won't have to worry about what games are bundled with your xbox.

[quote name='s2k']halo 3 is only good for single player[/QUOTE]

Wha--!? [scratches head repeatedly]

And yeah, people dismissing the bundle b/c the games are "old" are flat out missing the point. In case you don't know, this bundle isn't meant for you. It's meant for those who have NOT bought a 360. As far as I'm concerned, packaging Halo 3 and Fable 2 would be the equivalent, in the old days, of an SNES package with Super Metroid and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I don't have any of the next-gen yet -- though am pondering picking one up for the holidays this year. The 360 has my vote so far (not only is it more affordable, but it pretty has every game I could ever want on the PS3). I'm not into blu-ray (in earnest, don't understand the HD appeal all that much -- I don't need to see the wrinkles on people's faces, thank you).

[quote name='s2k']halo 3 is only good for single player[/quote]

Meh, that's hard to say. I get bored of single player usually after just one ride through it. The multiplayer facet of the game provides much more prolonged entertainment, atleast for me.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I'm not into blu-ray (in earnest, don't understand the HD appeal all that much -- I don't need to see the wrinkles on people's faces, thank you).[/quote]
Blu-Ray is nice if you have an HDTV, but I wouldn't recommend buying a BR player. The change isn't that noticeable in most movies, although some, such as Planet Earth, Wall-E, and Ratatouille look really nice. I would even say that besides a very select few, I would recommend just upscaling the regular DVD. (I do not need every single movie I have in BR, especially when they cost at least 2 times as much as the DVD at full price)

[quote name='Warn3rv3'] With all the aftermarket cases you might as well just buy a jasper pro real cheap and mod it yourself. It'll be a lot more fun and you'll have something most other people don't have. You also won't have to worry about what games are bundled with your xbox.[/quote]

Yes because most people that play games are able to do this, or actually want to do this. :roll:

I suppose it's a bit unrelated to the deal (which I think is very good by the way, Halo 3 and Fable 2 are both solid games with high replayability), but this really got me thinking that it's Sony that really needs to do some sort of flexible 1st and 2nd party bundle deal right now. Since they can't drop the price of the machine, imagine if you could pick *any* 2 games from Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and Resistance 2 at $399 for the 80gb or any 3 of those games for $499 for the 160gb model. Maybe throw in a few free HD movie downloads on top of it?

If they did that, people would be comparing $399 and any 2 games for a black ps3 to $399 and halo 3 + fable 2 + a black 360, or $499 for a bigger hard drive and 3 games to the $400 360. The PS3 wouldn't feel nearly as overpriced versus the 360 as it does now. I think Sony's right that the PS3 is a better value, but the way their stuff is priced and bundle against Microsoft right now it *really* doesn't feel that way to the average consumer, it feels more expensive.

This isn't really the place to be discussing this. NO offense but we're here to discuss ongoing deals, this is unconfirmed speculation. As is reason for a different forum of topic. Nonetheless, MS said they were going to decommission the elite after a while. So who knows, and anyways if it did come out like you said, why those games? They've been out for a while now, and it's not going to put a big attraction into getting the 360, they've already marketed a 360 to RE5. Why are they going to push bundles like this? Lest they really want to get rid of the elite for w/e reason.

[quote name='newlu']Interesting[/quote]

not really, considering that it's not that great of a deal, these games have been out for a while, they are decent, but not great. Both of the game's predecessor's have a 1up somewhere along the line in a large sum against the newly made game. Plus no one really has use of a 120 gig hard drive. who really keeps that many demos and videos from XBL Marketplace? Even if you did tediously import it from CDs, the metadata, titles, everything is lost in the process, not to mention it's limited to mp3s, JPG, WMV extensions. It's better to streamline the media via Windows Media Center if that's more convienant for you in your entertainment system. 60 gigs will more than surfice a gamer's needs. The only real thing that takes up a massive amount of space is transfering the programfiles for games onto your 360. I do that alot with my games, I just pop in one disc after another for games that I play and might play, but only really b/c I'm just trying to make use of the space that I never really did before.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']Why are they going to push bundles like this? Lest they really want to get rid of the elite for w/e reason.[/quote]
This is probably the reason. There has been talk of MS discontinuing the Elites, and things like the RE5 bundle and this would help get them off store shelves. MS has a real problem selling these with the 60GB out.

i think this is a great deal and i'd be extremely tempted to "Jump In" if i didn't already have a 360 and Fable II. i don't think a Resistance and MotorStorm bundle will compete with this.

[quote name='Doomed']This is probably the reason. There has been talk of MS discontinuing the Elites, and things like the RE5 bundle and this would help get them off store shelves. MS has a real problem selling these with the 60GB out.[/quote]

Yea, as I said, the 60GB model is more than enough to store the needed space for demos, programfiles for games, and the occasional few videos that a gamer would like to archive. So long as they're conservative about it, and not dive over the edge by saving the data of every game in their possession.

I just hope the motherboard change that they supposedly made to it last December or so still takes. The elite imo is more sustainable, a bit louder, but I've had it yet to 3 ring, I just hope they plan on improving the performance of their new models of 60GB instead of selling them off like cheap hot cakes like the Wii. The Xbox360's overall price has dropped dramatically since it's original release.

[quote name='cheapps3gamer']Yea agree the games are old and too overrated.[/quote]

True. But SFHD is pretty old too and RE5 is just as overrated if not more.

I love how when someone doesn't like something, it's overrated.

Anyway, this sounds like a pretty good bundle to me. Better than Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda, in my opinion. You're getting two A+ titles with a ton of playability.

Halo 3 and Fable 2 are a pair of excellent ways to introduce top-tier franchises to potential new system owners. Smart move by Microsoft if it turns out to be true.

I believe the AT mole here. He's been right about everything else so far. Why would he be wrong about this?

While innately being a jedi would help with this, it is not a requirement. the packages cone with screwdrivers and ALL the pieces required to change the color of a wii. And yes, most people that do actually play the wii and not just have one have thought at some point or another, "Any other colors?" So ability and desire may be present. I'm assuming 95% of CAG is smarter than me. It shouldn't be a problem. :bouncy:

[quote name='schuerm26']Yes because most people that play games are able to do this, or actually want to do this. :roll:[/quote]

[quote name='Tyrannical']I don't think MS releases M rated bundles in the US[/quote]
And to add to that RE5 bundle...

There was that Halo 3 Limited Edition bundle...

[quote name='JJSP']Halo 3 and Fable 2 are a pair of excellent ways to introduce top-tier franchises to potential new system owners. Smart move by Microsoft if it turns out to be true.[/quote]

bingo

The wireless headset is pretty sweet to throw in as well. I just bought a 360 from Dell however =/ 171$ + 30 bucks for a HDD was too much to resist. I hope this brings down the prices of Fable 2 and Halo 3 though, I need both of those still.

im not disputing, but where does it mention the wireless headset being included? i dont see that referenced.

nevermind. i am a moron
thanks bigdaddybruce44

It's there.

You get an Xbox 360 Elite console complete with wireless headset, a copy of Halo 3, and a copy of Fable II, which should cover the bases for anyone who likes to mix their first-person shooting with a little inventory management and character leveling.

Hurry kids , E74 error is included in this bundle for a limited time only. I still think forza 2 and marvel ultimate alliance was a better bundle.

bread's done
Back