40GB Playstation 3 System Refurbished $199 at Microcenter

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't get how this is a good deal. It's $100 less for 120GB less, an older unit, and one that isn't new.[/QUOTE]

I believe the older 40GBs were completely backwards compatible. So that might matter to a few.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']I believe the older 40GBs were completely backwards compatible. So that might matter to a few.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the only models that were BC were the 20/60 and the original 80GB the 40GB was never BC.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']I believe the older 40GBs were completely backwards compatible. So that might matter to a few.[/QUOTE]

They do not have b/c

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Nope, the only models that were BC were the 20/60 and the original 80GB the 40GB was never BC.[/QUOTE]

The first version of the 80GB had partial BC.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Nope, the only models that were BC were the 20/60 and the original 80GB the 40GB was never BC.[/QUOTE]

Ah that's right. Nevermind then.

[quote name='Brownjohn']The first version of the 80GB had partial BC.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. The first 80GBs had software emulation, it wasn't partial, it just wasn't as good as the 20/60GB which used hardware emulation. I had an 80GB and it worked pretty good for the most part with PS2 games.

Every single PS3 on the market can play PS1 games.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Incorrect. The first 80GBs had software emulation, it wasn't partial, it just wasn't as good as the 20/60GB which used hardware emulation. I had an 80GB and it worked pretty good for the most part with PS2 games.

Every single PS3 on the market can play PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

No, I was correct in saying that it had partial backwards compatibility. Just because it used different means to achieve the fact, doesn't matter.

bread's done
Back