46" Mario Statue from CompUSA for $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crony

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,

My dad snagged a large plastic Mario statue from CompUSA on the last day of their liquidation sale. Just thought I'd share a few pics if anyone would like to see.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11851346@N00/sets/72157603966036907/

2287136658_ecfe05e917.jpg

2286349431_4266cf681e.jpg

Crony

[quote name='cochesecochese']That's sick. Did he buy it for you or is he keeping it for himself?[/quote]

He's keeping it for himself. He lucked out and got it for only $20. I did a bit of googling and saw that the same statue sold for $3k at another store. Crazy... Most likely he'll put it up on ebay.

Lucky bastard.

I tried getting Fry's to sell me theirs, but they said no. The manager said they get a lot of people asking about it and have even had people try and steal it.

[quote name='Crony']He's keeping it for himself. He lucked out and got it for only $20. I did a bit of googling and saw that the same statue sold for $3k at another store. Crazy... Most likely he'll put it up on ebay.[/quote]

Damn! $20 is a goddamn steal!

Tell him I said congrats on the find.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Damn! $20 is a goddamn steal!

Tell him I said congrats on the find.[/quote]

No doubt :) He saw dollar signs when I told him it could fetch a small bundle online.

[quote name='kell']Lucky bastard.

I tried getting Fry's to sell me theirs, but they said no. The manager said they get a lot of people asking about it and have even had people try and steal it.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm guessing an employee would have first crack at it if they did sell it. How much did you offer?

[quote name='souljah420']keep us updated if he does ebay it off...[/quote]

Is advertising ebay auctions allowed on these forums? You might just have to keep your eye out for it if not :)

Nice score. Promo items like that can fetch a decent amount of cash. And now you can drive in the car pool lane.

If you do sell it let us know what the auction is, I'd like to see how much that thing could pull.

If I didn't live in the middle of a drunken college student mecca, that'd be something that goes right in the window to wave to the neighbors.

[quote name='VioletArrows']If I didn't live in the middle of a drunken college student mecca, that'd be something that goes right in the window to wave to the neighbors.[/quote]

That would be funny as hell, especially if you could figure out a way to put a sensor on it so when people walk by a recording could play saying 'It's a mee, Mario.' 24/7 :lol:

I actually thought about putting out a scarecrow for Halloween one year that would flip people off as they walk by, but I figured some drunky might walk by, get riled up and tackle/destroy it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That would be funny as hell, especially if you could figure out a way to put a sensor on it so when people walk by a recording could play saying 'It's a mee, Mario.' 24/7 :lol:

I actually thought about putting out a scarecrow for Halloween one year that would flip people off as they walk by, but I figured some drunky might walk by, get riled up and tackle/destroy it.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of some friends of mine. They used to keep a standup of Orlando bloom in their window to freak people out.

That's a pretty sweet pickup. I may have to drop by our CompUSA tomorrow to see if they're still open.

[quote name='Squarehard']id hate to wake up in the middle of the night groggy to that[/QUOTE

That was my first thought, just needs a statue of the Burger King to stand next to it

Ok guys, it's a go! I'll be putting it on ebay in a few hours. I'll probably start the bidding around $500. Hope that's not too greedy. Unless someone wants to make an unusually large generous offer beforehand ;)

I just did some searching on google and found this forum. I have almost the same Mario doll. I got it like 7 years ago, but it is at least 12 years old that I know of. It's in good shape, some paint fading on his hand and little paint chips. No cracks or anything like that. Anyone know what it's worth or how much Crony's fetched in Ebay?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back