$5.00 Wii dreamGear Arcade Joystick at 5 Below

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!
If you need one it works with the Wii U. $5.00 is a very nice price. My 2 stores had 4 and 2 in stock respectively.[attachment=2192:image.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
lkPVz.jpg

This one?

The Wii has fighting games other than Super Smash Bros.?

I guess we learn something new everyday.

On a more serious note, thank you OP, sounds like a good deal.

It plugs into the wiimote but mine has a little compartment that holds the remote
Sweet thanks. Basically a wireless fightstick I can use on anything with bluetooth, like an Android device then.

I wish there was a five below near me, I would buy one and gut it. Fix it proper with good gear.
They aren't worth the effort to get into. From what I've read you'll need a dremel to get into the casing and the parts don't swap as easy as a TE or SE stick.

CaptainDesk said:
Sweet thanks. Basically a wireless fightstick I can use on anything with bluetooth, like an Android device then.
Stupid question - If it works on anything with Bluetooth, it will work with PS3? I know it's cheap but at this price I'd pick up a few for my 9 year old and his friends to play fighting games. Right now they just button mash and are rough on the controllers.

Stupid question - If it works on anything with Bluetooth, it will work with PS3? I know it's cheap but at this price I'd pick up a few for my 9 year old and his friends to play fighting games. Right now they just button mash and are rough on the controllers.
Sorry, I guess I didn't mean what I said. Not *anything* with blutooth. But pretty much anything. Theoretically if you can connect a wiimote to it (PC, Linux, Android, Mac?) it would work. And you *could* connect it to the PS3 with one of these. The buttons wouldn't be mapped perfectly though.

No luck at my local 5 below. May check a farther one tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be near my local store tommorrow... if they have it, it'll complete my supplies for building a mame cabinet list. excellent.

I'll have to check the local store. That stick is rather atrocious but for $5, can't complain. Need something for TTT2 & SSBB since I got rid of all the Wii sticks.

Slightly OT: The smaller stick (Arcade Fighter Micro) is surprisingly pretty decent even with the internal rubber dome (mushroom) style buttons & surprisingly has microswitches in the joystick lever. I wrote a review of the PS3 version on Amazon (basically the same as this one besides a different PCB & color scheme). If you want to see what the internals look like then checkout the Amazon product page.

bread's done
Back