$5 Activision coupons in Sunday paper; Call Of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc. (YMMV?)

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Found a sheet of $5 coupons for select Activision games in my paper today with the Sunday ads. Good until 4/30. Should work with all systems. I'll see if I can get a scan up later.

$5 off Guitar Hero 5, Van Halen, Metallica, or Band Hero
$5 off Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, World At War, or Modern Warfare 2
$5 off Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen, Bakugan, or Bakugan Battle Trainer
$5 off iCarly, Zhu Zhu Pets, Build A Bear Workshop: Welcome To Hugsville or Friendship Valley

Of course, it comes after I bought Modern Warfare yesterday. Them's the breaks I suppose.

EDIT: Not sure if it's regional or not. For reference, I'm from the Washington DC area.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Metro Detroit, MI = Didn't get coupon w/ the Detroit News/Free Press. Sadness ensues in the gloomy motor city. :([/QUOTE]

rats :cry:

Got the coupons in the Washington Post.

So has anyone actually tried these at GameStop yet? All I see so far is speculation.

[quote name='josh62488']what section of paper were they in?

i cant find um[/QUOTE]

It's a color insert along with all of the other store ads (Best Buy, Target, coupon packets, etc.). If it's there, it'll be pretty obvious, so if you're not finding it you're probably out of luck.

I'm going to stop at borders later today and see if they have the Washington Post in their newspaper section and if they have the coupon in them. I'll report back.

Found these in the Washington Post this morning. Tried to use on the $19 COD:WaW at GameStop, but it didn't work. Scanned and no dice. Tried to talk the manager into knocking it off manually, but no go.

I tried it for CoD:WaW at Gamestop today, and got reminded of why I don't like Gamestop . . .

Manager said that he couldn't take it "because the game is already on special", and that he would only take it if I were willing to pay the regular $39.99 for the game. He was pretty snide about it, too. I tried to point out to him that the price was a GameStop sale while the coupon was a manufacturer's coupon, meaning that one shouldn't exclude the other, but no go. So I told him that the store apparently didn't want my business and left.

If he'd said that they don't take manufacturer's coupons at all, I'd have been fine with it. But telling me that they normally would take it, but that he wouldn't now because the game is on sale, really pissed me off.

Funny thing was, while I was looking before that, I heard him and another employee talking about how GameStop's numbers are down. You know what's not a good way to get your numbers back up? Messing with your potential customers, that's what. Because not only did you lose this sale, but you can also bet that I'll remember that kind of treatment the next time I'm trying to decide where to buy a game too.

Anyway, based on that, apparently GameStop can take manufacturer's coupons, if you can find a store where the manager's not a dick. Very YMMV on at least that last part, though.

[quote name='arcane93']...Manager said that he couldn't take it "because the game is already on special", and that he would only take it if I were willing to pay the regular $39.99 for the game.[/QUOTE]

Yup--almost the exact same conversation I had.

[quote name='sizzlorr']
Yup--almost the exact same conversation I had.
[/QUOTE]

Haha, I see you got it in the Washington Post too -- so, Pike 7 Plaza store in Tysons Corner, by any off chance? If so, maybe the reason the manager was such a dick to me was because he'd already had the same conversation with you earlier. :) (Or maybe he's just a dick.)

Debating whether to try another GameStop, try price matching at Best Buy, or just not bother. I'm not a huge fan of first-person shooters anyway, so the game's definitely not worth more than $15 to me, but I'd give it a try for that.

[quote name='SBRSuperstar']gamestop have a sales paper i can bring to pm at bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen one, but maybe a printout from the website with the store locator showing a local store with the game in stock would work? They might call the store to verify that the price is in-store or something, but beyond that I would think that would be enough.

[quote name='arcane93']Haha, I see you got it in the Washington Post too -- so, Pike 7 Plaza store in Tysons Corner, by any off chance? If so, maybe the reason the manager was such a dick to me was because he'd already had the same conversation with you earlier. :) (Or maybe he's just a dick.)[/QUOTE]

Ha! Yeah, that was the one. Stopped in around 1:30 and I think I might have been the first one to try it. The guys in that store tend to be jackasses anyway, so I tend to avoid that one. On the rare occasion that I shop at GS, I'll typically hit the one in Ballston...

[quote name='sizzlorr']Ha! Yeah, that was the one. Stopped in around 1:30 and I think I might have been the first one to try it. The guys in that store tend to be jackasses anyway, so I tend to avoid that one. On the rare occasion that I shop at GS, I'll typically hit the one in Ballston...[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha, nice. Yeah, I was there at probably about 2:45. Well, on the plus side, that means that we only have confirmation of one store acting this way, not that it's a chain-wide issue. :)

So really, no one else has tried this at another GameStop store yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']I haven't seen one, but maybe a printout from the website with the store locator showing a local store with the game in stock would work? They might call the store to verify that the price is in-store or something, but beyond that I would think that would be enough.[/QUOTE]

Should be able to just get them to check the site at BB CS desk .... and then they might call to check its in stock ( theyve hardly ever done that to me though)....

Yesterday I got them to PM TRU $20 GC on IPOD touch .... they didnt bother with calling or anything ....but while still therein store checked BB store online on phone and they actually had it for like $5 more cheaper than the PM online at $175.99....so then went back to CS desk and asked nicely and they even PM'ed thier own BB website price, which I dont think is even thier policy and dont have to PM

Just being nice to CS usually can make alot of things alot easier, its either that or Im a dead sexy beast and the cs chicks wanna have my babies....lol.... yeah that might be it

I can't stand Gamestop. I haven't been to one since 2006. I hope to never go to one again. I got a gift that someone bought at a Gamestop and I didn't even want it. I'd rather have no gift than get one that was purchased at a Gamestop. I didn't tell the gift giver this though.

Nothing in Tampa,FL either. If anyone gets a COD one and they aren't going to use it, I'll pay the postage for it :D

Has anyone gotten these coupons to scan without problem at any other stores such as BB and Target?

Btw, all these coupons have the same exact UPC barcode.

bread's done
Back