5 Centimeters Per Second ReRelease-- $17.49 w/ Shipping

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
5 Centimeters Per Second is finally getting a re-release from Bandai, for $17.49 before shipping, and will be released on October 8, 2010.

I'm a HUGE fan of Makoto Shinkai, who also did "Hoshi no Koe" (Voices of a Distant Star).

My order ended up being ~$20.50 w/ shipping.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have my 2 copies of the original release (one I bought by myself, and one that was given to me as a gift). I love 5 Centimeters Per Second so SO much though! I'm not a BIG anime fan, but this film (or three episodes) really get me haha. This is also the movie I introduce to people who say they'll never watch anything anime... Thanks for the info OP! Maybe I'll buy this one too!

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I would sell mine but it mentions a new english audio track and i liked the voice actors of the current dub....[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I don't think you guys should be so quick to sell your original copies. The original release had an English dub by ADV, and this new release has the new English dub by Bang Zoom.

[quote name='Razzuel']Exactly. I don't think you guys should be so quick to sell your original copies. The original release had an English dub by ADV, and this new release has the new English dub by Bang Zoom.[/QUOTE]
I just watched my original copy-- turns out it wasn't sealed-- and what a beautiful movie. I thought the English cast did a great job, so I am a little leary on selling it, but then again I don't know if I would have the need to watch it again.

Would you believe that I have been given all of Makoto Shinkai's dvd's...my friend always lets me borrow them and he rebuys them and just says to keep them. I have yet to watch 5 Centimeters Per Second, so I am officially gonna give this a go now...

Thanks alot Ecofreak, I just ordered it. Downloaded it once and wanted to buy it but could not find it for a sane price and then it was completely out of stock everywhere and it shot up even higher.

I pre-ordered my copy already. I had the ADV version quite a while ago and sold it when it sounded like a new release was coming that never actually. So I happy I will be able to replace it now. Can't remember if I watched it in Japanese or English the 1st time, but I've got no problem with watching it in Japanese now (I'm watching almost everything in Japanese now anyway.)

Awesome that it's getting re-released! Still, I'm holding out for a BluRay. Almost certain another region had a BluRay release when this was first released.

Huh. This movie had value?

Been sitting on my shelf forever after I watched it once and thought it was okay.

Voices of a Distant Star was way better.

[quote name='WuTangTurtle']Thanks alot Ecofreak, I just ordered it. Downloaded it once and wanted to buy it but could not find it for a sane price and then it was completely out of stock everywhere and it shot up even higher.[/QUOTE]

Glad that a good number of people are interested. :)

I saw it at a local video store for $30 and balked at the price. I regretted not buying it when I saw a new copy was going for $130+ ~1 year ago.

[quote name='billyrox']so will my original hold its value or likely drop? Cuz i might sell it now if its likely[/QUOTE]

I think the value will drop like a rock, that is the usual pattern with anime reprints. I'd sell.

[quote name='billyrox']so will my original hold its value or likely drop? Cuz i might sell it now if its likely[/QUOTE]

Like others have said, if you care about the original English dub, hold on to it. If you are like me and only watch subs, then sell now and get the newer version.

The price may rebound slightly depending on the quality of the dub, if it sucks on the new version people will look for the orgional

Best. Movie. Evar.

Or at least close to it. That being said, I've already sold my copy and would rather hold out in hopes of an eventual blu ray release than buy this dvd re-release. Thanks for the info though, OP!

I'm glad this title is getting the re-release. You can't even rent it most places anymore! At least now the great unwashed can enjoy it, too....

the place promised in our early days and voices of a distant stars were much much better movies imo. I honestly didn't want it till maybe a shinkai bluray set would of been released. These dvds can not define the environmental art made for these movies. As animated movies come, Hosoda known for summer wars and the girl who leapt through time has been my superior recommendable.

The site now says "5 Centimeters Per Second [Release date TBA] / Stock Status:(Out of Stock) "

Anyone have further info?

[quote name='Arakias']The site now says "5 Centimeters Per Second [Release date TBA] / Stock Status:(Out of Stock) "

Anyone have further info?[/QUOTE]

My order says "processing" but since this is the 1st time I have ordered from them I don't know what that means. Since it is the first release by Crunchyroll a delay certainly seems possible although I hope it won't be a long one.

Bump because it's released today, but out of stock. So keep an eye out if you're interested -- and the price hasn't gone up either!

[quote name='Ecofreak']Bump because it's released today, but out of stock. So keep an eye out if you're interested -- and the price hasn't gone up either![/QUOTE]
The reason that the pre-order price has not gone up is that it will not be released today. The release date has been changed to TBA since 9/30. It's basically delayed indefinitely until further notice.

For those interested, they are now suggesting it will be released 2/22/11. They seem to canceled my order back from October without notifying, so people might need to pre-order again.

bread's done
Back