5 Free iTunes Songs Downloads (your choice)

Credit to SD.

" Join the Ticketmaster group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2426357824

After joining, the screen will show an iTunes code valid for 5 free song downloads, including the $1.29 drm-free songs.

You can leave the group right away
biggrin.gif

Codes expire November 15, 2007."

[quote name='Rig']Does anybody know of a working codec to play mp4 files in Windows Media Player? I got my free songs, but don't want to keep itunes around! Every link I have tried has produced nothing in the way of a working option.[/quote]
Well, that's probably because:

A: If you're referring to music files you got from iTunes, then they aren't mp4 files. Mp4 files are video files. You've got AAC files, I'm sure.

B: AAC files are Apple's copyrighted DRM format--Windows media player certainly won't play them, and you'll have to dig through the internet to find a non-iTunes solution to play them if that's what you really want. What you should really do is just burn them to a CD and then rip that CD with Windows Media Player (or whatever app you want to use).

Free free to correct me if I'm wrong, though, oh keepers of the Apple lore. ;)

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Well, that's probably because:

A: If you're referring to music files you got from iTunes, then they aren't mp4 files. Mp4 files are video files. You've got AAC files, I'm sure.

B: AAC files are Apple's copyrighted DRM format--Windows media player certainly won't play them, and you'll have to dig through the internet to find a non-iTunes solution to play them if that's what you really want. What you should really do is just burn them to a CD and then rip that CD with Windows Media Player (or whatever app you want to use).

Free free to correct me if I'm wrong, though, oh keepers of the Apple lore. ;)[/quote]

Right-click > Properties shows they are M4P format...I had it typed wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Guess I'll go find some blank CD-R's.

Would it be possible to burn the mp3s to a disc image and then rip them again from the disc image and just avoid wasting a cd like that?

[quote name='byzuser']QTFairUse does a fine job of un-DRM'ing the songs.[/quote]
This program works PERFECTLY. It runs through your itunes and un DRMs all the songs.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Well, that's probably because:

Free free to correct me if I'm wrong, though, oh keepers of the Apple lore. ;)[/QUOTE]
@#247:

AAC isn't Apple's format. It's the sucessor to MP3. Apple has put their DRM on AAC files, which makes them m4p (mpeg4 protected). Apple's DRM scheme is called FairPlay.

You can play non-drm'd AAC files in winamp as well as many other apps, and with the appropriate codec in WMP.

bread's done
Back