5 Free iTunes Songs Downloads (your choice)

Credit to SD.

" Join the Ticketmaster group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2426357824

After joining, the screen will show an iTunes code valid for 5 free song downloads, including the $1.29 drm-free songs.

You can leave the group right away
biggrin.gif

Codes expire November 15, 2007."

I've only used four codes on a new itunes account so far; we'll see what happens. After a week or two, I'll try the rest of the codes.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Looks like it is done... I no longer see the offer.... :cry:[/quote]same. better use those codes ASAP

So did Ticketmaster just run out of codes or did they pull the plug and nullified all existing codes? Do the codes still work?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Thanks! Got 150 myself and my girl got 130. Not bad :)[/QUOTE]

Lol @ "not bad"

More like OMFG it would have cost $150 for that stuff. If apple doesnt crap all over us I seriously think this will be deal of the year. I got ALOT of music (overdid it a bit...)

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']uh 480

JK!!!!

(or am I?)[/quote]

Winner!:D

I should have been more diligent about this while I was at work today.:cry:

[quote name='shieryda']Winner!:D

I should have been more diligent about this while I was at work today.:cry:[/quote]

As lame as it sounds, it does get quit boring and tiring...

But yeah, should of gotten more.

It took me roughly 4 hours to get 480 songs. That may seem like a big waste of time but since I'm in highschool and have no other current source of income that is a big deal. I generally spend the majority of my money on CDs so this just saved me a HUGE amount of money. I was planning on buying most of those cds too...

WOW. Joined CAG because of this. I spent roughly 4 hours buying 250 songs using credits I got from this. Thanks to all who helped. Im surprised this was soo easy. I just got Itunes back for deleting mi 6 remaining actually bought song credits back in april.:applause:

[quote name='kevzik']As lame as it sounds, it does get quit boring and tiring...

But yeah, should of gotten more.[/quote]

I had to keep taking breaks, because I was starting to get a headache from all the cut and paste jobs with the plethora of e-mail addresses.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Still have 82 credits left....nothing to buy.[/quote]

I got Mario Opera. I haven't had a chance to listen to it, but the chance to support GameJew for free was too good to pass up.

got 105 overall.

got 3 cds already and have 70 something left. anyone think there's a need to spend these quickly?

and yes, this is definitely a deal of the year candidate. Seems like alot of us got near (and some ALOT over) $100 of stuff for free. thanks op!

Anyone know why only select songs are itunes plus (1.29). I have found some, but would like all of my music to be drm free. Stupid ass DRM!

Boy, I'm sure glad everyone only took advantage of this deal 1 time so that I could get a share of it too...

Oh wait...

[quote name='kevzik']Anyone know why only select songs are itunes plus (1.29). I have found some, but would like all of my music to be drm free. Stupid ass DRM![/QUOTE]
The only iTunes Plus music available comes from EMI, they're the only label that's signed on with them for the DRM-free tracks.

Also, for those that asked earlier, here are the DRM restrictions on the $0.99 tracks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairPlay#Restrictions
Basically a DRM'd track can go on:
Unlimited # of iPods (includes Apple TV, Motorola ROKR E1, SLVR, iPhone)
Playable on up to 5 computers simultaneously
Playlist burning to CD allowed up to 7 times
Unlimited copying to an audio CD

I redeemed almost all the credits I got. Hope the credit I have left stays around by the time the new Jimmy Eat World album comes out in a week or two...

[quote name='gstlouis']Boy, I'm sure glad everyone only took advantage of this deal 1 time so that I could get a share of it too...

Oh wait...[/QUOTE]

Umm yeah...

This was going on for THREE DAYS

Had you check the site there would have been plenty of time for you to get free songs. Don't blame us for your slacking off on checking CAG ;)

[quote name='MICHAE2414']The only iTunes Plus music available comes from EMI, they're the only label that's signed on with them for the DRM-free tracks.

Also, for those that asked earlier, here are the DRM restrictions on the $0.99 tracks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairPlay#Restrictions
Basically a DRM'd track can go on:
Unlimited # of iPods (includes Apple TV, Motorola ROKR E1, SLVR, iPhone)
Playable on up to 5 computers simultaneously
Playlist burning to CD allowed up to 7 times
Unlimited copying to an audio CD

I redeemed almost all the credits I got. Hope the credit I have left stays around by the time the new Jimmy Eat World album comes out in a week or two...[/QUOTE]

So the songs I've been downloading (the .99 songs) are .mp4, right? If I can upload them to a CD, is it possible to rip them back onto the PC but in another format?

If NOT, I have another question. In the next 6 months, I plan on buying a whole new PC. What would be my easiest method of making sure all my music to be transfered over? (Especially if it's DRM)

[quote name='lilboo']So the songs I've been downloading (the .99 songs) are .mp4, right? If I can upload them to a CD, is it possible to rip them back onto the PC but in another format?

If NOT, I have another question. In the next 6 months, I plan on buying a whole new PC. What would be my easiest method of making sure all my music to be transfered over? (Especially if it's DRM)[/quote]Yeah, just burn it onto a CD and then rip it back onto your PC.

No matter how much you justified abusing this because you hate ticketmaster a lot of you proved you're no better than the greedy, hoarding slickdealers that people complain about here all the time. Way to go!

When I saw the number of people getting hundreds of free songs yesterday....I logged in right away (from work) to get a single code for myself.

Glad I did; used all 5 credits as well (just in case they try to revoke them later).

[quote name='GizmoGC']Still have 82 credits left....nothing to buy.[/quote]

How could you guys find nothing to buy? There's thousands upon thousands of songs/albums on there to purchase.

[quote name='lawdood']No matter how much you justified abusing this because you hate ticketmaster a lot of you proved you're no better than the greedy, hoarding slickdealers that people complain about here all the time. Way to go![/quote]

Dude. Relax. There freaking digital song codes for FREE. There were plenty of codes and time for hoarders + non hoarders.

Sders normally pay money for something, hoard more of it and then sell what they hoard to make money...

We copied and pasted to download songs...sheese.

And tell me you would not want some sort of revenge if you lost 20.xx in dumb ticketmaster fees. Way to be on the monopoly's side.

I should sell my Itunes account on ebay with 240 credits. For money =] Now to see how I can do it so they will get none of my info. Or if I can make a new account and give my current credits to the new one. Anyone know

[quote name='Dro']I should sell my Itunes account on ebay with 240 credits. For money =] Now to see how I can do it so they will get none of my info. Or if I can make a new account and give my current credits to the new one. Anyone know[/quote]

K, now right there is where I see the greed that everyone is talking about it... I don't mind if you get credits and use them all, like I did. But hoarding them and then trying to sell just makes you look like a giant douche...

Yeah I know but I could make a spare cash. Whats wrong with that? The codes are gonna expire anyways by the end of the year =/

[quote name='Dro']Yeah I know but I could make a spare cash. Whats wrong with that? The codes are gonna expire anyways by the end of the year =/[/QUOTE]

This is whats wrong. I used all my tokens. You are trying to sell something you got for free. THAT IS WRONG.

[quote name='shieryda']Damn those "album only" tracks!:D[/quote]
Yeah it sucks, but it isn't as bad as the Final Fantasy albums. There are 60+ songs per album that cost $24.99 and I want Final Fantasy VII through X but I'd have to spend $60 per album (granted the codes were free but you get the idea).

[quote name='bjkrautk']When I saw the number of people getting hundreds of free songs yesterday....I logged in right away (from work) to get a single code for myself.

Glad I did; used all 5 credits as well (just in case they try to revoke them later).[/QUOTE]
Same with me. Seeing all the people with 100+ codes, I figured this would get closed down pretty quickly, so I was happy enough to just get 5 free songs. I haven't used my credits yet, though- I just recently downloaded a couple CDs from there with what I had left from birthday gift cards, so I can't think of anything I want right now.

[quote name='kevzik']Dude. Relax. There freaking digital song codes for FREE. There were plenty of codes and time for hoarders + non hoarders.

Sders normally pay money for something, hoard more of it and then sell what they hoard to make money...

We copied and pasted to download songs...sheese.

And tell me you would not want some sort of revenge if you lost 20.xx in dumb ticketmaster fees. Way to be on the monopoly's side.[/quote]

Trust me, I've lost plenty to ticketmaster over the years, still doesn't excuse the greed and hoarding that went on with this promotion.

BTW, I'm plenty relaxed. ;)

I didn't uber-hoard.. only got what I needed... 10-12 codes or so.. *cough* Hey its not my fault... blame the guy on AIM who kept going GET BUCKETHEAD!

Does anybody know of a working codec to play mp4 files in Windows Media Player? I got my free songs, but don't want to keep itunes around! Every link I have tried has produced nothing in the way of a working option.

[quote name='Rig']Does anybody know of a working codec to play mp4 files in Windows Media Player? I got my free songs, but don't want to keep itunes around! Every link I have tried has produced nothing in the way of a working option.[/quote]Only way to get a DRM free copy is to burn it onto CD and rip it back into your PC under your format of choice.

bread's done
Back